Resume General

Haven't seen of these in a while

Let's take a break from crypto and criticize each other's past work experience and resume layouts.

Remember to block out personal info.

(Pic related from google)

Attached: bad_and_good_resume_layout.jpg (1920x1023, 199K)

Fuck off wagie

I agree with this statement.

First thing the company does is convert it to plain text in an ATS. Your actual resume will never be seen by human eyes.

You may as well omit paragraphs all together

you wake up everyday and hate yourselves

Only true if you apply to giant corporations

this is not even close to being true but okay

I am somewhat successful considering the sheer luck of networking with the right people. However, I do not put my education as I did not complete my degree and it is not relevant to my field of work, what is the general consensus on this?

I put my education at the bottom because it is the least important thing on your resume after you have experience.

If you did not complete your degree I would not put it on your resume.

Nobody checks always write masters or above. Minors become dual majors.

I have done over 150 interviews at a massive company. I read every single resume before the interview starts, even if it's just a quick scan.

Yeah, I've gotta update my resume.
The company I was interning with did not offer me a graduate position.

If this thread is still alive hours from now I will post.

What do you look for? What's an automatic "nope" for you?

>tfw finally last semester at my community college
>tfw transferring to university in the fall
>tfw need to get into a research lab so I can get into grad school

>long list of lab skills that is not aesthetically pleasing to look at (yuck)
>can't list a project that I'm undertaking this semester yet where I'll be receiving a blood sample from a professor at another college that may have underwent parthenogenesis to extract the DNA and do bioinformatics on to see if it actually did. Basically a paternity test...

>tfw I'm actually an older guy who was a NEET for 5 years after high school.

Attached: FaggotResume.png (739x943, 58K)

Hahaha this fucking wagie cope thread.

Get fucked you slaves.

I would still be a happy, enlightened NEET if it weren't for my pesky parents cutting off my supply of tendies.

Attached: 1549528137234.jpg (685x564, 52K)

Why aren't you supplying a 30 year old with tendies? You think your parents should.

Attached: download (4).jpg (275x183, 6K)

Fucking pleb.
I'm phone posting; give me about half an hour to pull up my last resume

My main thought is that reading through that list of lab skills is exhausting.

Fpbp

Attached: crypto bear wojak mcdonalds.jpg (1100x659, 209K)

Can someone look at mine? Cuckgineering major looking to spend the summer slaving for a company. Gonna go to my uni's career place on Monday so they can take a look at it as well

Attached: Capture.png (626x733, 47K)

Wouldn't it still be good to have a visually appealing resume? Even if only 1 in 10 companies care it can still give you a boost in that one company. All I'm saying is that making it look good won't do any harm.

Changed the format... ;x

I'm applying for a government job in vector controls which uses PCR and some field work too. Basically, I think I'm perfect for the job since I've worked in shit conditions, which makes me adaptable for when I'll be doing field work and I'm skilled in the lab...+ I already am certified by the state to use pesticides.

Attached: FaggotResume.png (697x797, 80K)

it's one of those things where you try to figure out the person looking at this as if he/she were a machine. Sometimes it actually does go into a machine before it see's human eyes, but I'm not the one who's claiming that the free job markets are inefficient when the pt. 11 period disqualifies a triple ph.d with 25 years of industry experience from getting an interview. They'll just hire the boss's son as an intern. Now that's real efficiency in the free market.

I would embellish the construction shit that you did for 3 years.

>Built houses and brick walls
How did you build houses and brick walls?

>Performed maintenaince inspection on water heaters
>Drained, Flushed, and replaced water heaters
More like quality control of water heaters.

>Checked required stockpile of tools before and after every job
Routine inventory check of tools and supplies or something like that.

>Changed, fixed, and replaced underground pipes
Well, aren't changed and replaced the same thing? Would underground piping be better than pipes. (What kind of pipes maybe?)

>Set up underground electric pipes
Installation of underground pipeline for electric wiring

or some shit like that, never worked construction. Would hope after 3+ years you'd actually know more about what you did on the job.

Not sure about the internship you had at the power plant since I'm not in engineering. Obviously people will want to see "Show what you managed to accomplish at the job"...well, for us young bloods we don't really have the chance or opportunities to be put in positions to make great changes/advancements like some Chad business major who is making deals/sales.
One glaring flaw is:
>Organized powerplant archives from the time it was built
I'd say something like Organized the power plant archives from the time it was built by doing XXXXXX...
>Reported all the missing and extra blueprints along with details etc etc etc.
Some random manager is not going to know what "all the missing and extra blueprints are" What was the result of reporting these blueprints?

>Inspected blueprints about ...
What were you inspecting about them and your findings?