Tfw 90% of hiring is due nepotism

>tfw 90% of hiring is due nepotism.
>tfw you move to a new city and don't have a large network.
>tfw you apply to as many jobs as you can every single day.
>tfw you don't already know someone at the company/have an in and your resume is basically thrown directly in the trash.
>tfw you see the candidates on linkedin that got hired and have no experience but went to the same school as the hiring manager.
>tfw

What do

Attached: 1529906442117.png (257x241, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

quora.com/unanswered/How-can-we-leverage-self-sovereign-identity-and-professional-reputation-protocols-built-on-a-public-blockchain-e-g-Sovrin-in-order-to-bypass-all-sorts-of-nepotism-keyword-filtering-and-other-inefficiencies-that?ch=10&share=80ebcddf&srid=YIM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

hey dipshit, I moved to a new city because a company paid me to move there and I didn't know a single person in the company. Maybe you just have no skills or personable qualities that would make an employer take a risk on you. Why don't you look in the mirror for a good minute?

>>tfw 90% of hiring is due nepotism.
You'll be successful once you drop that victim's mentality and spend every waking moment of your life improving yourself

I agree. I've had probably 20 jobs in my life and for the vast majority of them I didn't use a reference.

Also, a little trick is to just find out one random person who works at the company and list them as a reference.
For the few times I did use a friend, no one ever asked or brought up anything about how we know each other.

You're right but so is he.

What is he right about?

90% of hiring is not due to nepotism. Sure connections help you get interviews but if you're incompetent noone will refer you to anyone and noone will hire you. Networking only helps if you're someone worth recommending in the first place.

You ain't the first person to move to a new city with no networking

Your resume gets thrown in the trash because it's shit. Sure it may get overlooked if someone with equivalent credentials as you happen to know someone in the company, but why don't you give a bit more effort instead of bitching about something someone has and you don't...?

>90% of hiring
not 100. Also, even if I were completely retarded and had a horrible personality, it wouldn't matter because all they see is a CV and my portfolio. I had plenty of work prior to moving.
I continually add to and update my portfolio. Learning new skills to keep up with hiring trends.
>did use a friend
>doesn't think that's nepotism

>Sure connections help you get interviews but if you're incompetent noone will refer you to anyone and noone will hire you
Have you ever held a real job, one that requires a degree? There are some extremely retarded people that get hired and it's only because they already had a connection with someone at the company.
My resume isn't shit, as it's the same one I used prior to moving. I had continuous work then, the only difference is that I don't have nepotism to help me.

Are you getting interviews but not receiving offers after?

There have been no interviews yet.

>>did use a friend
>>doesn't think that's nepotism
For maybe 2/20? Man you're being a pussy.

Ok

>if you're incompetent noone will refer you to anyone and noone will hire you

Dead wrong. Personally witnessed numerous people with engineering degrees that couldn't handle basic algebra and related problem-solving at my workplace. So, you can definitely get hired if you're incompetent. You will probably also get fired down the road once you've been found out, but don't believe for a second that incompetence stands in the way of being hired.

It's a numbers game. Don't stop applying. Success is inevitable if you're not spending all day watching TV and Jow Forums. I'd aim for at least 10 applications per day and make sure the skills section in your resume is modified to include keywords from the job description.
Also stop comparing yourself to others who got in, it's not helping you reach your daily quota.

Yes I work for a big 3 auto company. Worked for a supplier before that. You're right retarded people get hired, although rarely, at least where I'm at currently. people that make you wonder how the fuck they got hired. But from what I've seen people like that are let go pretty quick, usually within the first 3 months. In fact, we usually give incompetent people additional training and opportunities to refine their work skills because hiring someone is a HUGE investment for a company and firing anyone is expensive unless they did something against company or legal standards.

Maybe you have more competition at your current setting than your previous one? Do your previous work experiences stand out? Did you leave your last job amicably?

I say this because even though we're more than welcome to recommend anyone for open positions, it doesn't guarantee they'll get a job. In fact, if you recommend someone and they end up performing badly, it'll make you also look bad for wasting the company's time and resources. Nepotism only helps if you're already someone worth hiring.

You and I weren't the first people to not have connections or people to help us get to places. I came here when I was 8 from a different country, I didn't have shit. Suck it up and keep working your ass off, go to your local school's engineering school or seminars and make connections there. If you have all your limbs and an iq over 100, you have no reason to whine or bitch about where you stand in society.

The older you get the clearer it gets that it’s bout who u know not what you know
How do you think kikes run the world while everybody gets weaker
Welcome to the real world faggot

Nepotism is a maymay. Work at large companies and you won't deal with this (but then you'll have HR roasties and hyper PC culture). Pick your poison

this right here. unless you are a very special individual companies aren't going to let you pick and choose what role you want. you have to prove to companies what you can do for them.

>real job
>one that requires a degree
Remove the stick from your ass and the superior attitude, you're a little pretentious. At least I hope you meant a high tier field.

Solid points. Also fair point about me being a pussy. This thread is borderline autist and a way to vent.

More competition is probably true. I would hope my previous work stands out, but starting to doubt that. Left last job on great terms.
Thanks user. I appreciate yo comments, truly.

quora.com/unanswered/How-can-we-leverage-self-sovereign-identity-and-professional-reputation-protocols-built-on-a-public-blockchain-e-g-Sovrin-in-order-to-bypass-all-sorts-of-nepotism-keyword-filtering-and-other-inefficiencies-that?ch=10&share=80ebcddf&srid=YIM