Should I spend a few years of my life slaving away to pay off a home mortgage without investing...

Should I spend a few years of my life slaving away to pay off a home mortgage without investing? Or should I just make my gains with stocks and bonds while making minimum payments throughout my whole lifetime?

This has been bothering me a whole lot since I started last month. I'm doing okay so far in terms of food, bills and gas. But sometimes, I feel like I'm missing out on gains when I browse here or have discussions with my friends and family about their investments.

Attached: 1549227396181.jpg (1064x1204, 447K)

it entirely depends on your personality.
On one hand it seems that you are bothered by all the missed opportunities so there's that to consider. On the other hand ask yourself this: if you start investing and get BTFO, how would that affect you? Would the pain be worse than what you're experiencing right now by watching from the sidelines?
If the answer is "no" and you're sure you wouldn't be affected too much, start doing it. On the other hand if you're a risk averse person and want to play the safe wage-game your whole life, do that.

Your age is also important. You'll find out that it's harder to start a family and raise a kid when your finances are tied to high risk - high reward investments since there's no predictability and safety net.

Your gains should be more than your interest. Do the math faggit

>But sometimes, I feel like I'm missing out on gains when I browse here or have discussions with my friends and family about their investments.

That's called FOMO and it's a very dangerous fallacy in the world of investing. It's what makes people buy at the all time high and think the price can never go down. If your plan is to make your gains with stocks and bonds you should wait before you even touch the markets until you have disciplined yourself to never, ever feel like you are "missing out".

I did this and spent every last cent i owned on my mortgage, haven’t regretted it for a day. Everythkng i earn now is for me

Paying your mortgage off early is financial retardation

I had 117000$ on my account
i owed the bank 113000$

what's so dumb about paying it off. I'd probably would've lost it at shit trades anywho

Just letting that money grow would beat your interest rate. You squandered your capital for nothing

at 0.5% intrest rates from the bank? Risky stock market trades?

She's got very fat.

Attached: Lily2.jpg (1920x2560, 971K)

Just calculate it, retard, get a calculator, turn on your brain and work out the rate of return on investments you would need to make it worthwhile to invest vs. paying your mortgage. You should be able to solve this.

No

Enlight me

He said no.

Cds. Etfs. Real estate. Theres a ton of ground between your shitty savings account and YOLO option calls. Google is your friend. Fuck dude government bonds are as conservative as it gets and thats dam near my apr

the relief of getting out of debt feels much better mate

But financially speaking you’re burning money

she ruined her finances by spending it all on good cheese

it wasn't my money in the first place, it was the banks money. I could get a new loan and have 100k on my account tomorrow.

Do it

fuck banks, fuck loans, fuck fractional reserve lending

What are black swan events? Do you really think you'll never get sick and hit with ridiculous medical bills? That you'll never be out of work for several months? I saw a family member have to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars paying for life saving medical treatment (in addition to his 3,000 a month insurance, thanks obeezy) back in 2013. He never paid his house off, and went for the gains, and in the span of literally 2 years went from rich boomer to just'd boomer.

I'm not saying put 300k into a house, but a year or 2 of waging to buy a bungalow to keep in your pocket is meaningless in the grand scheme of things.

Oh, and this is forgoing the greatest of all reasons to have a house paid off: pre marital assets.

Most guys here aren't married, and if your shit is paid before you're married, it can't be taken under any circumstances.

>tfw cant even find a bungalow anywhere near as cheap as 300k

Attached: 1548270840808.jpg (787x768, 235K)

And fuck niggers and fuck jannies