The Way is Not Through Material Wealth

“For what profits a man if he gains the whole world but loses his soul”

If you chase after empty materialistic bullshit, three guesses to what your life will become... at least NEETs have got the right idea.

Attached: 537465765.jpg (199x253, 18K)

poorfag cope

based

read this you need it poor soul

Attached: The_Enchiridion.png (1870x5404, 899K)

Nope, but thanks.

People would end themselves if material didn't exist, it's a necessary thing for motivation to go forward. Everything is a part of nature something spritual fags will never understand, leaning completely on one side makes you an extremist and causes imbalance. It's the same thing as Islamists and christians hating on sex and then going haywire because they failed to understand nature.

>coming to life so you be like you were when dead
why are Buddhists such brainlets. Their philosophy is like paying to get on a rollercoaster while unconscious

im not chasing material wealth, not in the fucking slightest; i simply want the financial security that wealth offers in order to pursue my true ambitions without the threat of failure implying financial ruin

>Everything is a part of nature

Money is not "part of nature" user, and how it is used is part of a debt-based human construct, material fags will never understand this.

>why are Buddhists such brainlets.

I'm not a part of any religion desu, but thanks.

OP I will leave these seekers of truth to you today dont disappoint them they need your help

t. Stoanon

Attached: 1541669089978.gif (300x320, 3.43M)

NEETs don't have the means to engage in materialism, not because they're not materialistic.

Without money there would be no development, also astrologicaly money belongs to planet mercury which is a part of solar system, money being debt based system is marely an illusion, the world is influenced as the planets want it to.

Nibbana is an exquisite state, only comprehensible by those who experienced it. After nibbana, "to exist" does not apply. "To not exist" does not apply. "To both exist and not exist" does not apply. "To neither exist nor not exist" does not apply. Nibbana is unlike a state of your consciousness after death since, at least according to Theravada, rebirth occurs right after death, so there is no such period to compare nibbana to. This is not about reaching a state of nothingness, but the cessation of becoming altogether.

Define part of nature

Cause the way I see it, everything that exists and can possibly exist, is part of nature

People who disregard material things can't handle it. Instead of embracing everything, they just want to escape.
We are in this plane of existence. Maybe it is the lowest plain, where everything has become so dense that is materialises.
In that case, instead of running away from it, embrace it.
The best way out is through.

Attached: 1546767679017.jpg (612x612, 76K)

Right ! Humans and all lives on earth evolved only to be subjugated by debt-based money system raping Mother Earth to the core, making 90% of species extinct or near/extinct, loosing their happiness to claustrophobic cities bombarded by Wifi and RF all the time, soaked by arificial blue light at night, disrupting heath of every species in existence (including humans and profiting from them by funding incremental pharma research by employing soulless scientists) by polluting all resources provided freely by nature ! If humans didn’t exist, the world actually can live and breathe, instead of getting killed by infinite desires and capitalism legitimising that to death. Over the years I’ve realised that brains of some greedyfags are so twisted that they can’t see through this unnecessary complex world that human created and which ultimately killing everyone including humans. It’s remains to be seen whether imparting “human” level intelligence to apes was a evolutionary mistake or not. Yeah, yeah, elites like Musk can go and terraform Mars, but it will have same faith. Humans are not designed to live in a complex world they created and they have gone ahead of themselves. No matter what technology human can develop, it will be hard to inject a bit more empathy and spiritual awareness into that almost-reptilian brain.

Keep denying and finding yourself miserable. Accept it, meditate and help rest of us building spiritually aware decentralised village economies which used to be our roots. BTW, read “Ascent of Humanity”, you may have all your doubts answered. Good luck

I only want money so I can detach myself from modern society and live in the woods.

>Without money there would be no development,

Wrong, without equivalant exchange there would be no development.

>money being debt based system is marely an illusion

So you admit it? which greatly helps your argument, I must say.

>Define part of nature
>Cause the way I see it, everything that exists and can possibly exist, is part of nature

Wrong, everything that exist is part of spirit.

Attached: DD.jpg (413x395, 17K)

One of the better reason desu

So nature is part of spirit?
Which make everything that exist part of nature and thus in turn part of spirit.

you just put a whole lot of jargon around trying to commit suicide.
reality can be a net positive experience.

exactly, it's just pothead mentality of believing certain aspects of reality are less divine than others because it justifies them doing nothing. The distinction he makes between the material and "nature" is entirely subjective to his ego anyway

Attached: jhmjhjmhj.png (846x588, 932K)

Not everything that exists is part of nature, but *everything* is part of spirit.

Ego serves a purpose for sure. Agreed. It motivates us. But our current ego is a bubble inflated by many things. Nature actually doesn’t that big ego and aspirations. Controlling nature is an ancient urge that started with agriculture. But that urge to “control” is a loosing game ultimately may be the reason for demise of our species. Nature doesn’t need to be controlled, it is all about coexistence sharing a limited set of resources and let it flow. This simple truth is hard to digest for most of us and our education/society keeps us conditioned to competition/anxiety/outperformance etc. the real red pill is your life and lie of a random bison in Africa is not much difference as far as evolutions is concerned. Nature doesn’t care Xbox or Algorithmic Trading strategies. Just live a normal simple life. However our greed has made that impossible truth. Today I can’t retire from NY / Sydney to a village as our agriculture has take over by corporations. Alternate templates of life has become nonexistent.

>you just put a whole lot of jargon around trying to commit suicide. reality can be a net positive experience.

I'm not going to debate you here, but you are very misinformed about the nature of reality and Buddhism as a whole. Death and nonexistence do not apply to nibbana. Delusions which lead to suicide do not apply.

Western civilisation will never agree that they way many aboriginal tribes lived (and live?) is actually healthy / sustainable. They may not have latest gadgets but they were happy living within abundance. Read the book pic related, western anthropologists always tried to depict aboriginals as subhuman.

Attached: A6849D77-EE38-4B8D-86F7-3E1C15235F37.jpg (180x282, 8K)

You missed the point, I said everything is part of nature which proves that buddhism is an extremist cult that does not understand nature but only one side of it, also you just admitted that you need something in exchange for your effort and money does exactly that so what's your complain with it? Just because you change money to a token or a plastic isn't going to make it better or worse, so your argument is kinda pointless.

Fuck wagies

Correct

The aboriginals in Australia burned all the forests to make hunting easier.

The Native Americans ate human meat.

Thanks fren, will take a look

Human meat is the best food a human can eat. It literally contains all the nutrients one needs.

I just want enough money to publish a video game.

>You missed the point, I said everything is part of nature which proves that buddhism is an extremist cult

That's quite a leap of "logic" you have there, but go on.

>...that does not understand nature but only one side of it

You do seem to know more, obviously.

>also you just admitted that you need something in exchange for your effort

Ever hear of time or energy? why the automatic jump to useless fiat currency for every solution?

>and money does exactly that so what's your complain with it?

Well, it has absolutely no intrinsic value or use for one...

Honestly you seem like you're just shouting into the wind at this point, due to your overt attactchment to the value of 0 and 1s on a screen and useless paper.

yeah bro the Bhudda was coping hard

>money
>no use

You're fucking nuts and hypocritical.

>Achieves total enlightenment to the nature of all things
>Realized that the world is a prison/pointless cycle of suffering due to ego
>Coping

mfw I know who is coping

Attached: 1527185009897.png (378x357, 81K)

>no intrinsic value or use

There is no intrinsic value or use to money beyond what you perceive (which is false anyway).

i think he meant it ironically but you are doing ok so far please go on.

>please go on

With what? ask, as I have a while longer.

kek i have no questions so far :) i am the guy doing stoa ama's once a week usually people ask me questions. and even if i spotted some logical incoherence it does not matter because you clearly are on the right path

thats what i meant

>buys video game
>refuses to enjoy it because its not "real"

Buddha was a pampered NEET living in a bubble who got shellshocked after visiting world outside of his parent's palace for the first time. Rather adapting to reality, Buddha became a lazy recluse and invented Buddhism as a means to cope with his lifestyle being funded by people who bought into his teachings.

>Food that you buy from the super market is not real.

>you clearly are on the right path

One who can recognise the path can also traverse it, if you wish, I am nothing special.

>buys video game
>refuses to enjoy it because its not "real"

You're really reaching with this one user.

>Rather adapting to reality, Buddha became a lazy recluse and invented Buddhism as a means to cope with his lifestyle being funded by people who bought into his teachings.

Suprising when nothing more is needed for enlightenment, isn't it?

Ruminant meat is just as good and i think it goes without saying that eating human flesh is not sustainable (unlike ruminants) and hunting or herding ruminants is way easier, and it goes without saying that eating human flesh comes with more problems.

Meat is the only and optimal human food, i fully agree.

Farming kills Land, Ruminant herds sustain it.

you're the kid that is a cunt at christmas lunch because muh it's a religious holiday that has been hijacked by corporate consumerism! no one else here is as enlightened as me!
instead of realising who gives a fuck and just enjoying it.
every aspect of your reality is not objective, that's the whole point of it. Objectivity is the infinite void of zero experience

The lifestyle they had is healthier and we too should live on Ruminants and without modern vegetables and fruits, and processed foods.

But we have to keep our cultural accomplishments.

Primitive cultures (and that includes every culture but the most recent western culture) abuse children.

Eating them, mutilation, forcibly masturbating, whacking them when you feel bad (china present day) has been the norm without parenting culture and unlike just punishment and good parenting it's hindering human progress.

There is no noble savage, savages are violent and worse off without culture

>you're the kid that is a cunt at christmas lunch

Not really, but thanks, and namaste.

>..because muh it's a religious holiday that has been hijacked by corporate consumerism!

No arguments from me, Santa Claus = anagram "Satan Lucas" Lucas = "Lightbringer"

>no one else here is as enlightened as me!

When exactly did I claim to be enlightened?

>Instead of realising who gives a fuck and just enjoying it.

So, are you "just enjoying it" here user?

>every aspect of your reality is not objective

Never said it was.

>that's the whole point of it. Objectivity is the infinite void of zero experience.

Not everyone has "zero experience" in this "void" of your though, it would help you to realize that.

Peace to you.

It's a fine line. Western culture became too passive. Adults refrain from abusing children, but they also do nothing to stop children from abusing other children, which results in school shootings in the worst cases, something that rarely happens in other parts of the world.

money should always be your #1 goal, everything else comes later once you're independent and free

Aside from buddhism the meme there is nothing after death is brianlet level anyway. If you have been born once you can be born again given unlimited time. Even if it would need another big bang due to a collapsed universe if you believe that the universe isnt eternal and endless

My time is coming towards a close here, I suggest to anyone interested further, to read up more on Buddhism/Gnosticism (and any indo-aryan religion really) I also suggest to those wanting to go into the physical side of things, to look int Falun Gong/Falun Dafa which is what I practice among other things (don't mind the cult disinfo on FG, it's being spread by the Chinese Gov because it became far to powerful)

Namaste, and farewell to all of you.

Attached: The Gnostic.jpg (509x378, 116K)

I agree with you OP. You can't win the hedonic threadmill race. Being content with what I have allows me to save a ton of cash every month. No idea what to do with it all once I die, I'll probably donate it to a bunch of people I think are promising.

Go to Thailand, Nepal and China. Monks who take donations living lavish lifestyles, eating in nice restaurants, carrying the latest tech gadgets, wearing designer accessories and driving luxury cars. It's like the Crypto scam before the Crypto scam. Gooked

Attached: monk.jpg (728x410, 162K)

ITT: a bunch of commies telling everyone money doesn't buy happiness.
Money is a means to an end. A tool.
Chasing materialistic shit is boring. I want Power and Reverence.

Unfortunately it’s true. But to find real monks you either have to go to Tibet or meat nearest saffron-fag equipped with the knowledge of “non-dualistic Vedanta”

>18 year old uncultured, pseudointellectuals
the absolute state of Jow Forums.