Have any of you boomers on here get brought up by a poor working class family and still made it out the trenches into...

have any of you boomers on here get brought up by a poor working class family and still made it out the trenches into an exceptional middle class lifestyle? how did you do it
> t. 22 y/o electrical apprentice feeling perma stagnant in blue collar purgatory

Attached: 61B663FA-E727-4D6E-ADC7-9C5D3E938255.png (400x512, 205K)

>Have...
Yes
>How...
Hard work and taking chances. Also luck, but people who take the chances usually don't want to acknowledge that and take all credit themselves. People who don't take the chances won't acknowledge hard work, and only credit luck

Also pic is me

Attached: 3FCAE835-AA8D-4CF5-9093-4EE9C8988538.png (376x341, 104K)

>hard work and risk
what type of chances and in what situation? just leaving 1960 boomer-esque platitudes doesn’t tell me how.

Not me but my grandpa was a literal fucking farmer. Like for real 100% manual labor farmer but by the time he retired he was something like vice-president of one of the branches of the huge corporation that he worked for and a millionaire.

It's crazy man, the people in the past had it so good. I honestly feel bad for anyone born poor in this economy. Imagine one day having to impregnate cows by putting our arm down their cunt, and the next day sitting in an office calling the shots of the entire operation making six figures. Does this even happen anymore?

Went to a state university in a second rate city and networked heavily in my CS major, made sure to help people so they knew I was good. The next 5 years was my old classmates trying to get me hired whenever a position opened up because they'd get a bonus at their work, used that to jump from 43k to 70k to 88k

Yes

>how did you do it
Got foot in the door at a major corporation and learned how to use Excel, promoted from there

larp

Save your fucking money and invest it. Think of everything as an EXPENSE or an ASSET; does it generate or cost money? You need to cram as much into generation as possible. SP500 indices to generate gains, and reinvest cash until you have enough capital to transition to dividend heavy stocks to generate a living cash flow.

I'm on my way, basically this. 2019 is a year of risks for me, but I want to finally get to an uppet middle class life. Up until this point, lots and lots of work.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-08-21-35-05.png (720x1280, 82K)

>that pic
>I'm on my way
sorry, but you're not

>just leaving 1960 boomer-esque platitudes doesn’t tell me how.

What you fail to recognize is that what user said isn’t confined to some arbitrary decade, it’s a timeless fucking truth worth acknowledging if you are indeed trying to improve your life financially and otherwise.

>Hard work and taking chances. Also luck, but people who take the chances usually don't want to acknowledge that and take all credit themselves. People who don't take the chances won't acknowledge hard work, and only credit luck
And yes, that literally explains how you do it. What you’re really asking user is what business plan he used. That’s something you’ll have to figure out and decide for yourself, desu.

Attached: B9F4062D-1519-4E8C-9C0B-C82946BE2725.jpg (1819x1023, 170K)

Is it really that bad for my first week?

Attached: Screenshot_2019-02-09-11-02-26.png (720x1280, 86K)

loser
yup, took me 10 years of errors, but not only I made it, I have no debt.

lmfao. using this chart to id say that was peak capitalism/euphoria i guess. we must at the point of anxiety by now because now if you shove your hand the arse of a cow you get nothing but moments of self reflection and maybe a few .25c raises

Attached: E7D5E873-8EC3-4AE6-B1C2-890983BB3364.png (1200x820, 1.1M)

cope

Little to no details. This is a 2/10 larp

I can respect this. Don’t put all your eggs in one basket though. Add some skills to your belt user

Something I've noticed about my own family: both sides came from solidly middle-class backgrounds, but my father has a brother and my mother has a sister who are each way more successful and well-off than my parents ever were.

My parents were the deadbeats of both sides of the family tree.

Attached: 1545794675719.jpg (753x707, 331K)

Oh definitely, I have a career in logistics that I got my 45K salary(in FL so super cheap cost of living). It isn't great at all, but It's also more than both of my parents combined make.

faggot the florida weather alone is worth it. tropical fags do not realize how easy their life is. wearing fucking shorts 24/7, just fuck off

GPRO!
you gonna make it !!!

Attached: 1549055453724.jpg (498x277, 58K)

Not LARPing but flattered, I'm just telling you the basic lesson that "it's not what you know, it's who you know" isn't some discouraging attack on you for not knowing rich folk, it's a general life instruction.

>befriend anyone you can in your field
>study hard enough to be decent
>offer to help people who seem moderately capable (study groups sound less condescending than offering 1 on 1 help, make sure to speak up in them)
Then when you're out of college anyone who scores a decent job has a FINANCIAL INCENTIVE to get you hired (referral bonuses). Your goal is to be someone they want to hire. As for details, I personally did CS degree with IT temp jobs so I could qualify for a few different things. Didn't know at the time that IT pay sucked unless you're top level, now I do devops because development is soul crushing.

Attached: 20190209_110912.jpg (2016x980, 550K)

>no $300 coats
>no expensive winter gear
>no blasting heat in the car
>no snow getting in your fucking way

This is also legitimately good advice.

I figured that if my family fucked up this badly then if I do the opposite of what they've done and ignore all their advice I'll turn out better. And it worked

Well I'm originally from CT, so trust me I appreciate my lack of state income tax more than anything else about FL.

>no $300 coats
>no expensive winter gear
>no blasting heat in the car
>no snow getting in your fucking way

Real men succeed without networking.

My sons can be real men, it's my job to afford them an environment where they're not surrounded by drugs and thugs.

basically this.

My buddy is a sub 100 Iq normie raised by polish immigrants and hes sitting on 100k liquidity at 24 just cause he had the balls to go all in on DUDE WEED in 2016

(((Washington Post)))

neber gonna make it

What said covers it- but since we're all ego-driven, I'll give you my back story and let you decide if it's helps you or not in your situation. Probably not

>18 - leave school, get job installing access control systems. Long days, learning on the job, shitty wages, no chance of promotion. Keep badgering supervisor to let me install new kit and learn new skills. Live frugally, no social life, no irl frens, live to save money. Living with parents, helping pay rent
>21 - Go to uni. Get loans
>22 - Drop out with loan debt
>23 - New job in a call centre in a new city. Hate it but keep working
>26 - uni again, more loans, keep working part time call centre. Never miss a single lecture. Make industry contacts, work on selling myself and increasing my employability
>29 - Graduate 2nd in class and get job in new city. Was offered 3 jobs, took the highest paying
>32 - Change companies for a smaller start-up that was offering more money
>33 - Employer goes bankrupt. Start my own company
>?? My company is doing well, I'm comfortable but not rich

Now, where's the hard work and where's the luck?

True, but that's playing life on hard mode so network with others if you can

>tfw born middle class, plenty of money, private school, alls well the BOOM father fucks off no money, fall into trenches, now apathetic and neet

It's pretty easy. Just do the following.
>army
>business degree (or something like law, engineering, or medicine)
>work and get experience
>start your own business

I took the easy way out and studied accounting on financial aid.

>it’s a timeless fucking truth worth acknowledging if you are indeed trying to improve your life financially and otherwise.
Be suspicious of those who offer "The Path". For "The Path" in reality is contingent upon the a stable social and political environment. Those who offer the path may as well tell the politicians, the activists, and the soldiers to give up. "There is no need to protect our borders, no need to protect the environment, just work hard and take chances and you'll earn a comfortable material existence. Do not worry about the Indians, Chinese, or Mexicans".

Oh hey me, how's it going?

Attached: 1547775805076.png (751x684, 683K)