ATVI: Buy the dip?

kotaku.com/activision-blizzard-employees-brace-for-massive-layoffs-1832488999/amp

Should we buy the dip, biz? Will they rebound? Do they have any ips that will will keep them afloat like EA?

Attached: Activision-logo-880x654.png (880x654, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/video/2019/02/06/unusual-options-activity-activision-blizzard-nvidia.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

If they can enter China and succeed there yes. Else they're fucked.

They're going to have a hard time competing with ea, Apex is breddy gud

What IPs do they have that they could use to break into the Chinese market?
What are their chances of actually succeeding?

I haven't kept up with AAA-gaming in a while, but this caught my eye.

they're down 50%, some of it reasons of their own and some of it is reasons of their competitors. with earnings coming next week, probably a small chance you get rekt

wow classic is the only thing that could save this shithole of a company, and even then it will only be a short honeymoon.

Probably, I haven't invested of course, I want to see if they have a chance at a rebound first (it's probably slim though).

What coin is this?

this this this

I'm really tempted to myself, really not sure though. the question I'm asking myself, is sure... guidance has been lowered significantly... but aside from Call of Duty, what else have they done to generate income in the last 6-8 months?

As for a rebound, WoW Classic will most likely flop. Depending on how they go about it but, knowing blizzard, it'll just be vanilla with updated graphics. Diablo Immortal has a good chance to overtake the Chinese mobile market and will probably be a massive cash cow for them. Then after that... whatever the next "Diablo 4" project is that they said they were working on. IF IF IF IF they manage to actually take a risk with that brand, and say maybe somehow evolve the BR genre, they could rebound significantly. But, if they release Diablo 4 just like Diablo 3, they're doomed.

Diablo immortal and all unannounced mobile games, they don't need much penetration tho.
Trade war is playing against them, as a consequence China is pushing Western companies away.
I don't see them succeeding with Trump in office desu.
AAA gaming yet profitable won't find any growth without Chinese market penetration, Trump sure isn't making things easy for them.

To answer your question, it depends on your time frame, wow classic should pump the price, if actual subscriptions exceed the expectations.

>What IPs do they have that they could use to break into the Chinese market?
Diablo Mobile, literally a fucking cash cow. Will it succeed? Most likely

Are you stupid? Classic WoW will be great for us gamers, sure. But it won't even come close to saving Blizzard. Microtransactions is what drives their revenue and the in-game shop won't exist in classic WoW.
If classic WoW gets like 15+ million active players, then sure classic will save Blizzard. But that's just unrealistic

>As for a rebound, WoW Classic will most likely flop. Depending on how they go about it but, knowing blizzard, it'll just be vanilla with updated graphics.
are you actually implying that they should do anything otherwise?

Attached: 1546816431694.png (703x790, 783K)

Fair enough, from what I understand the mobile game is essentially just a reskij of an existing game, so presumably their input costs will be low (higher profits). They'll also implement a pay to play microtransaction model/maybe even ads so it'll probably make its money back.

>Buy the dip?
how about ... no

Attached: 1549660592052.png (750x711, 87K)

Shares will pay dividend sure, if you're after dividend there are better options.
Growth-wise they are fucked without Chinese market. With Trump in office atvi achieving massive growth seems highly unlikely.

fuck no, this shit is actually dead in the water, the delusional fags who think classic wow will do anything are dumber than all the pajeets on this board

i'm the biggest diablo 2 fan ever... i didnt even play d3 because it looks fucking trash. that was your sell signal

also they let lol and dota 2 profit from a mod they created.. pathetic

They didn't create DotA though. Sure they created Warcraft 3, which was game the custom map was in. But Blizzard had nothing to do with creating DotA itself.

no, that was not your sell signal retard

that was your perfect buy signal, cause you should know that retard reddit-tier nostaglia-ridden faggots will throw money at blizzard not even caring that they became bloodsucking MBA vampire parasites instead of true software devs that actually care about user experience.

all the poor kids and teens that were playing and devoting their lives to diablo 2 are now older and richer faggots that can now throw hundreds at blizzard, which they did.

the point you sell is when they do some shit like diablo immortal which will piss off even the most blind redditor faggot.

stay poor, loser and FUCK BLIZZARD.

all gaming companies will slowly die out

their souls have been ripped away. literally all of the AAA is useless trash tier now.

lol not true, graphics just needs to get a bit faster to make so devs can focus on actual gameplay, not spend 90% time on making nice graphics

i dont think it can be put into words how dumb your comment is.

diablo3 ruined blizzard and overwatch isnt as popular as fortnight

already have a long open user

cnbc.com/video/2019/02/06/unusual-options-activity-activision-blizzard-nvidia.html

you know when you dont understand its not me that is dumb lol

Would you like to lose money? If the answer is yes, then bet on this dumpster fire of a company.

Trade war? I've got a wild idea. Make games good enough your OWN MARKET want to play. They've released flop after flop. The only reason these games initially sell like hotcakes is because of the name Blizzard. I think people are really getting sick of it, and Activision Blizzard hemorrhaging money and laying people off is proof.