Alright Jow Forums, so you made a million dollars overnight. Congrats...

Alright Jow Forums, so you made a million dollars overnight. Congrats, you now have enough money to have flexibility in your career and your life.

Do you keep working? Or do you try to cash in on your passions? What does your life look like?

Attached: 34535345.jpg (1024x679, 501K)

You're always going to have to do some kind of work if you only have a million dollars. It really isn't financial independence.

Anyway, I just finish my degree and maybe get a PhD too. Probably start a company at some point.

1 million isn't really enough for independence. It's only enough for a glimpse at it.

Dump it In the SP500 until it makes more money than I do, then retire

1mm should yield 30K/yr in sustainable income pretax, needs to be 2 at least

It's easy enough to live on that unless you're a faggot who requires "luxury"

real hard line advice for anyone with a million new. DO NOT GIVE IT TO WALL STREET HALFRICANS they will steal it all guaranteed

Didn't mention independence anywhere in my post, although it is plenty for that unless you're dead set on not lifting a finger to every make money again.

>finish degree
>get a PhD
>and THEN start a company

No wonder you can't be independent on a mil, you're retarded

>Get my own place.
>Get health insurance.
>Get therapist.
>Get knee fixed(It's basically crunchy rubber).
>Focus on being healthier.

After that it's whatever. I'd probably run my own oracle nodes to make more money. My retirement number would be like $10 million, but I'd feel more comfortable at 100 million. Anything beyond 100 million would probably make me uncomfortable.

Attached: 1524144795126.jpg (230x250, 5K)

30k a year if you own a house is pretty good m8.

This is kind of the post I'm curious about. So if you had your own place, and you're enjoying life not having to be a wagie, what does your week look like? What takes up the majority of your hours?

Quit working for sure. Throw some of it in various investments, get a few rental properties

Love those American wrap around decks. That place looks comfy as fuck.

Not him but if I was financially independent (in the meaning of the word, not retired) I would pay off my debts (about 25k) and but a few houses, one to live in, rest to rent. I'd keep working (~80k/yr) until I know that the property income is enough to live off of, then I'd read, lift, work on self improvement and spend my mental energy doing things I feel are personally productive, maybe enjoying movies or good games. Working in an office leaves me physically underutilized and mentally drained, so I feel like it's hard to enjoy anything outside if work that requires much mental effort. I'd want to pursue those things.

>quit my deadend bullshit job
>Get a home base in order
>Plot of land paid and taxes set aside for decades, build a small house
>Build my dream workshop
>Focus on hobbies I never have time for like drumming and music theory
>After settling in(6mo-1yr) start focusing on building a skill set to grow and maintain my wealth

I'm a simple man, I just need privacy and internet. I'd probably try to find a career in tech after, maybe working for start ups I believe in for low pay.

I would honestly probably try to go back to school and get my degree. Being able to focus on school without having to worry about finances or any other problems would be a lot less stressful. I'd need to work with a therapist first probably to resolve whatever problems I have to heal. Trying to do uni with anxiety/depression is a recipe for disaster if you are poor.

A million dollars is nigga cash. Think bigger desu

They really are super comfy :3

These are solid visions.

Do you think you'd get a degree focused more on a passion or one that was more oriented toward money making?

You're one of those people where they never have enough money until it's all gone, then they realize they had enough all along and kill themselves.

Attached: Railing Reduced.jpg (2100x1400, 801K)

i literally did this last year and lost it all before i could cash out

Sorry to hear that bro. On the plus side, it's given you perspective. And you're still young, you'll make it back.

Well I would probably finish my computer science degree, maybe double major in philosophy. I'd go at my own pace and truly learn rather than focusing on trying to get a grade. I just want to be around people again. Some profs I think of as family. I miss them.

I know what you mean. I also miss academia in some ways. I did a couple graduate classes while I was working on my undergrad, and I no-shit had a lot of fun with the PhD students. It felt like people actually cared about the subjects rather than just going through for the degree-mill, like 95% of undergrads.

But you said you miss people? Surely money isn't an impediment to going out and just being around folks, right?

Not enough for any real flexibility you fucking autist

Where do you get friends when you've made it? I been hanging out with the same ones since HS and now that we're all starting careers they've all become so boring. All they talk about now is normie shit, it feels forced like I'm talking to my coworkers or my boss, and everything has to be about them and how it benefits their life. Even when they laugh it's fucking forced. I guess I have to accept that people change when they get older but still there has to be some way to meet cool people my age somewhere.

>What does your life look like?
I don't cash out in time and live in regret after being down 90% from ath.

It is. Everything costs money and I'm poor. I'm doing the best I can to provide for my family with crypto. Unfortunately that means sacrifice. I'm putting off getting my car fixed and knee fixed to grow my crypto nest egg as much as possible. The more I save and grow my stack now, the less effort I'll have to expend later to see similar results. I'm trying to help my mom retire.

What is tether
What is a brainlet

How much money do you need to not have to do any work? Can you just put 2 million in an index fund and live off that?

Yeah, a million dollars won't give you any flexibility. Do you even read what you write?

Honestly, you have to work harder at building community. Most people tend to congregate around things they're heavily involved in. Lawyers talk about law, doctors talk about medicine, programmers talk about projects... It's just the nature of life that you end up spending a lot of time talking about things you happen to dedicate most of your working hours to - and for wagies, that's their work.

You could start your own community though, the internet is great for that. Even just doing a vlog or podcast would get at least a couple dozen people to gravitate to you based on what you're doing.

only poorfags think a million is a lot of money.

What's your current crypto portfolio and total investment? Just curious.

Also, age?

It's enough to pay off a house, your car and your debts, and still have $500k left over. Put $300k of that into index funds for a return of $1k/month following the rule of 4%, and $200k to put into whatever pursuit you want.

Considering 60% of Americans can't afford a $400 emergency, I'd say that'd be quite a change for 98% of people.

Pay off all (200k) real estate debt and collect rent each month.

Buy 25k of Silver and 25k of gold. For economic crises insurance. Invest 50k in crypto for potentially more millions.

Rest into into more real estate for more passive cash flow.

Have enough passive cash flow to live without worry. Get a farm in an isolated area. Live off the land with a nice waifu and start a big family.

You can get 3% interest right now in CDs with no risk but no inflation protection because you would be consuming the interest payments. Better deal would be to invest the $1,000,000 in a dividend ETF and live off the dividend payments while leaving the principal alone to account for inflation.

I would scale down as much as possible (i am at that level already basically) and buy a small hut in the middle of nowhere and study philosophy for the rest of my life.

cant wait desu

I know what you mean, but I really don't want to talk about work with friends. I just want to shoot the shit like we used to do when none of us had jobs and we were all insecure and innocent. Fuck them I guess, maybe I need to become more of an asshole myself, that's what most people seem to respond to.

>what is compounding interest
>what are dividends
Nigger, I love at home and only have to pay like 200 dollars a month in rent. I could take 1 million dollars. Put it all into vanguard dividend ETF's that pay roughly 4% interest and bring in 40k a year doing practically nothing with lots of money left over. At that point I'd just keep reinvesting and building my wealth while occasionally taking a vacation.

Buy small plot of land to build a cabin on and then start homesteading to wait while my coins appreciate

you could also get fucked by jews like in 2008 and 1929, maybe they would just do what they usually do and target whatever you bought for a crash

Work some part time gig, no more than 5 hours a day
Mostly to keep learning new things and to maintain some sort of social interaction
Also keeps a majority of my funds free to invest and potentially sink into my own business if I wish to start one

Attached: 1523941036675.jpg (625x856, 219K)

If that happens you just cost average down. Not to mention, many good divvy stocks are often the safest in a recession. Put everything into NOBL and you're good to go.

Buy a few hectars of land at a river/lake, get a few cows, some chicken, bees.. Build greenhouses & produce electricity from either solar panels or water currents. Be almost totally self sufficient, play god & mix different breeds to see which works best

Owning dividend stocks is a lot like owning rental property. Even if real estate prices crash the tenants are still paying you the rent. Likewise, even when stock markets crash like in 2008-2009 most good dividend paying stocks still paid out their dividends.

Limb lengthening surgeries, train every waking moment, then suicide before turning 30.

That's all.

i'd need at least 2 mil to quit working. with 1 mil i'd buy a small house on a large lot, put the rest into an index fund and forget about it for ten years, then see where i'm at

A million dollar?

Like that's any bigger than a drop these days.