/smg/ - Sky Market General

if youre paying 6.50 for trades, you are a bad trader edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg
List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Last thread:

Attached: 1549662549571smg.jpg (392x417, 53K)

Other urls found in this thread:

portfoliovisualizer.com/backtest-portfolio
warosu.org/lit/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=!!oEULhtSEDhe&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_op=all&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post
finviz.com/quote.ashx?t=STX&b=2
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

First for buy Dr. Pepper and FUCK Coca Cola and FUCK boomers.

Nevar forgetthi
scoops 4 prezi
twenty twenty

Attached: 1539614235165(1).jpg (2058x2990, 514K)

You linked the wrong previous thread

Last thread didn't include a reminder that dividends are your fren.

Seeking boomer tier mutual funds

triggered

Attached: 1449848351249.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

whats the movie tonight, peons

Attached: snxo.png (455x502, 212K)

Limitless 2011

Once upon a time in the west. It's all ready to go!

WTF IS GOING ON WITH ETH ARE WE SEEING THE FABLED GOLDEN BULLRUN??????

TYME will dump Thursday at 3.10
MNTA will dump Tuesday at 13.90

>tfw bought the top of BTT and am currently getting JUST'd

Just back tested that portfolio for her, not bad if I do say so myself. Especially with no market timing like my strategy involves.

Attached: portfolio for mommy.png (1333x541, 23K)

What's the movie?
Can we do the old school mad max? I like classic shit.

What is this? Straight up SSO?
Also, what are you using for backtesting? Getting good data is hard af.

>ETH
GTFO shill

he's using this site

portfoliovisualizer.com/backtest-portfolio

SEETHING
Next time invest in a real coin instead of doge wannabes

Back testing the portfolio I mentioned here: >25% TGLMX
>25% TWEIX
>25% NOTEX
>25% FBGRX

Only 1% below the market but far less volatility.

Also

What happens when a business decides to take a company completely private and you hold their shares?

For example, say there is a public company where a private holding/investment company owns 90% of the shares. What if they decide they want those last 10% of the shares, and I h old a decent chunk but I don't want to sell?

i believe it's essentially the same as if the company gets bought out, except the company itself is the one buying your shares
your shares are sold automatically at whatever price the company offers whenever the process is finalized, almost always significantly higher than the current share price

Well if you're not selling and they're not selling it is pretty much private already since there are no shares on the market.

I figured that's how it would go, but it still seems confusing. Like, in a typical acquisition the acquiring company goes to the other companies board and they negotiate what a fair premium would be for the shares to be bought out. Since the private holding company owns 90% of the shares, they have complete control of the board, and should be able to decide whatever they really want to pay for the shares to take them private, without the other 10% having any say in the matter. I guess that's what confuses me.

We already watched that
Also tripfags don't get a vote

Attached: post-left-bob-black-white-people-with-dreads-primitivism-mutualist-folk-punk-19737033.png (500x317, 33K)

>mfw wearing hospital socks around house

FUDGING USELESS REF CALL THE MATCH REE

Attached: c8cb7566079e0093956333821e5950c8.jpg (500x500, 43K)

>We already watched that
Shit. I should've been there for that.
>Also tripfags don't get a vote
Isn't it exclusively tripfags that watch?
Also, I think you're (((Comfy))) and just no longer posting with a tripcode. Noted.

Grippy grippy socky
Gomfy have you ever read John Zerzan or Hakim Bey (or tricky Nicky for that matter)? It’s very funny to me that you post memes in direct opposition to what it seems like your actual beliefs are kek

Attached: 082AC0FE-3368-439D-B205-4D496908C05F.jpg (941x1386, 416K)

yeah, he is Comfy
he stopped using a tripcode because he couldn't handle people remembering his posts and criticizing him

Only avatarfrens and user watch, most trips have been purged inshallah
I'm very on board with body modifications, I eagerly the day I upload my consciousness

Attached: pipz7p649go01 (2).jpg (1200x758, 268K)

I stopped because of the /lit/ butterfly tripfaggot. She really ruins the entire board and makes me mad
My eyes truly are opened now

I'm pretty sure there are laws regarding this that preclude the possibility of a company offering a share price below market value to the outstanding share holders.

Why would you invest in stocks when you can get in mooning shitcoins?

Anons, what are your thoughts on $DIS?

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ 's posts don't seem that bad, just going through the archives
a bit annoying, but not board ruining

Can you recommend a decent stock market podcast or channel? Id like to listen or watch something productively while working.

Attached: 1392827594556.jpg (1280x1024, 422K)

Global cooling. Lower sea level. Raise Atlantis.

Attached: crow-grabs-a-lift-on-a-bald-eagle.jpg (1200x630, 41K)

Ancient ruins. Thule. Complete the system of german idealism

Tell me about this butterfly poster. Are they a frequent critic of comfy's naivete?

No idea
Apparently they're a /lit/ poster, and I don't use that board
Here's a link to their archived posts if you want to look through them

warosu.org/lit/?task=search2&ghost=yes&search_text=&search_subject=&search_username=&search_tripcode=!!oEULhtSEDhe&search_email=&search_filename=&search_datefrom=&search_dateto=&search_op=all&search_del=dontcare&search_int=dontcare&search_ord=new&search_capcode=all&search_res=post

Nah they've been on lit since just about as long as I can remember. I'm relatively sure they were posting back in fucking 2010. They're not a complete brainlet, I don't know why comfy hates them so much.

Yes, let us turn our discussion to the drama surrounding tripfags, former tripfags, and tripfags from other boards.
The terrorists have already won.

>mooning shitcoins

Time traveler from 2017, I have some bad news...

Came really close to investing since it's been stagnate for so fucking long but I realized it's a company losing momentum in a dying business.

Bleeding money through ESPN. Sports licensing is too much now and I don't even know anyone that still has cable. Everyone cutting cords.

Major franchises running out of steam. Capeshit getting old, milked the life out of the star wars franchise in a couple years. White men are evil.

Could have turned it around by streaming business but fucked up that decision too by deciding to operate like four different platforms splitting all of their content (Disney+, ESPN+, Hulu, some baseball shit)

Only good thing they have going for them is their theme park/cruise line operations but it will continue to be weighed down by the death of traditional media and poor management decisions fucking up their streaming business. Would buy that in a spinoff though.

:3

Attached: 1427838597082.jpg (1160x770, 170K)

what's your current portfolio and why do you own the stocks in it

it's saturday night nigga, you don't want to have some fun with highschool gossip?

Attached: buy beer.jpg (1418x644, 87K)

There's still plenty of scams pumping every week

If they combined all of their content into one streaming service with high quality, no advertising, and a good UI and charged a premium price of like $30 it would probably put Netflix out of business overnight but instead they're gonna fuck around and operate 4 shitty services that nobody is going to want to bother dealing with/get rid of netflix for.

I can see how it would get annoying constantly sharing threads with this person, but you could just filter them
Also, this person really speaks to how pretentious /lit/ is as a whole
It's pathetic how highly they view themselves despite not actually being knowledgeable in any area that makes a real difference in the world (my complaint about the humanities in general)

It's a bit concerning that their stock price hasn't gone anywhere in four years. It will be crucial to see how they handle the next era of Marvel and Star Wars after the current ones both come to a close this year.

Yeah but it's only like 15-40% usually, and there's always the chance that you get bulltrapped and lose huge.
It's also difficult to know which coins are in for a day long pump, so by the time you find an entry point its already up 10% or so.

this has been VERY good week for shitcoins
me made few sats on VTC and LTC

wish polo allowed shorting again tho :(

Attached: 1549704904359.png (1920x1080, 1.4M)

I made like 20% in arc, lost it in wabi.

>he lost $6000 on LCI calls because he trusted LCIguy
>I'm the naive one
Curious

Attached: 1549673337492.gif (332x332, 269K)

Too late to get into Amyris?

>wabi
>arc
geeze you in deep, never every heard of these @_@

He should have bought MONA :3

2scoo was in LCI before LCI guy me think
could be wrong tho ....

Attached: 1549206712196.jpg (400x237, 41K)

>MONA

The cutest coin.

Attached: AnimuMonacoin.jpg (1116x1250, 145K)

I just watch the top movers on binance for volatility and low volume. Don't give a shit what they are as long as i can exchange them for btc. Sell when it's 1% up, buy when it's 2% down. Doing this 30 times over 5 hours makes for a decent chunk of change.

no way! that FUNchan = cutiest

where you guys find these coins :O

Attached: 1515666740911.gif (278x444, 60K)

expecting a lot of gunslinging, trains, horses, and banditry

Attached: x8.png (365x397, 198K)

Is MSFT going to dump monday? CEO sold $28,354,070

The perfect time to buy

Pickup shares in Seagate first thing monday
>Valueact Capital Master Fund, Insider Buy 2,225,000 $44.90 $99,902,500.00
>2/8/2019 Holdings L.P. Valueact Director Buy 725,000 $44.60 $32,335,000.00
>2/6/2019 Holdings L.P. Valueact Director Buy 750,000 $45.68 $34,260,000.00

Attached: 1-nexpansion-portable-main-400x400.jpg (400x400, 19K)

I gave it a TA once over. If trends hold it should hover between $104 and $106.50 or so. Symmetrical triangle so no indication of direction from the meme lines; it's 50/50 as far as muh TA has to say. Ditto with the neutral RSI.

Attached: MSFT1.jpg (1822x941, 539K)

Are you net positive yet?

LCIguy found it first. I had never done that much research on fundamentals before though.

>she didn't get in on the Ravencoin pump

>pickup seagay at the temporary top and right as micron announced OLC that will fuck over HDD TAM even more than the cheap QLC flash already eos
not gonna make it. by the end of the commodity storage downturn, there will be no recovery to make for seagay. HDD is obsolete

WTF...
is it over bros?

Attached: .gif (888x1196, 169K)

I said it, but I won't type it

just the (You) is enough thank you ::))))

I hope so, down to $100 even would be nice

movie?
y/n?

baste

Attached: question spodr.jpg (255x255, 47K)

JUST A FEW MINUTES TILL MOVIE NIGHT

Attached: modmefaggot.jpg (481x179, 17K)

wat r we watchin?

Attached: fragezeichen-mädchen-real.png (200x200, 58K)

depends on what the movie is

Attached: OBrother.jpg (679x851, 917K)

won't outperform anytime soon
and the dividend is shit
not to mention they only pay out the div twice a year

goddamit cy is being gay again

Attached: wut.png (824x308, 4K)

I'm very deep green on LCI.. you should've averaged in buddy! take your time don't put all your eggs in one basket.

I'm red on LCI about 66 bucks. I was gonna short it the day after earnings at open but I overslept orz

Just gonna bag hold until it gets around 9.5 i guess.

>I was gonna short it the day after earnings
you were going to short a stock that is 85% owned by institutions and 52% of the float is short after a 28% earnings beat?!?!? hmmm

Yeah I picked it up during earnings call to get in on the pump and dump. Otherwise I would've waited for support to get back in around 8 and I wouldn't be stuck with 100 shares at an average price of 9.5

>I wouldn't be stuck with 100 shares at an average price of 9.5
LCI is going over $20... how long is your time frame?

I think it's just buy backs?
Also here's a source on those buys if anyone's interesting in digging.
finviz.com/quote.ashx?t=STX&b=2

Thats because lit is cancer

Was thinking of dumping SAND for LCI and BP or ATT 60/40, thoughts?

forgot portfolio

Attached: 3170d79eeffd28c583eb013a10220437.png (259x349, 14K)

What's this movie thing?
Is there a /smg/ discord?

fellas. micron calls for january 2021
you're gonna make it.

Id like a stock podcast but ive never found a good one. Probably because i like meme stocks not blue chips

>d*scord
no.

Anyone here got NAK calls?

I haven't a clue. I'm a buy into weakness sell into strength type of guy. Usually if I'm up over 20% on a trade i start looking for an exit and start looking for a stock that i feel is undervalued and balance out over a month or two of selling one and buying another.

LCI is a special stock imo just because of how heavily shorted it is and how many institutions own it. It's a bullish trade just based on share structure and the value behind it makes it that much better.. I could see LCI above $20.. but this is the stock market.. i never know.. and i don't know your risk management and at what % you decide to lock in gains and cut losses....

Imo.. you could trim a stock that you no longer like as much as you did when you first bought into it and then buy some LCI... but i'm no pro..

How many of you use M1 or first trade and would you recommend them? If so why?

Any info is appreciated, I heard about robinhood but it sounded like a meme with hidden fees. But some firm rating place listed these two as trade fee free alternatives with supposedly better options with more transparency.

Attached: 1514792289067.jpg (655x527, 36K)

Robin Hood doesn't have hidden fees. It sells your data and picks up the spread, but it doesn't charge you anything

Maybe I confused it for another section for fees on things other than trading. Some guy I used to work with used it and I asked him he said there was a limit on the amount of trades per day and that it took a while to process them, is this relevant in stock trading usually?

This being the case, are there limits on the other services I mentioned if anyone knows?

I use RH gold which is free for the first month and 10 bucks for each additional month. Lets you trade before/after market, gives you more buying power without needing to make deposits. And if you can't make 10 extra bucks a month afterhours or premarket. . you probably shouldnt' be investing

I was reading their job descriptions and I do think that they're going to combine all of those.

I feel merger finalization + streaming service announcement, shitty or not, may return some decent gains in the short term.

But, as you said, I'm not confident about Disney's long term success. That being said, I'm also not the target audience for cape shit, star wars, disney.