If your bitcoin exchange gets hacked, you lose all of your money. If your bitcoin wallet gets hacked...

>If your bitcoin exchange gets hacked, you lose all of your money. If your bitcoin wallet gets hacked, you lose all of your money. If you forget your login credentials, you lose all of your money. If there’s a bug in the code of your smart contract, you lose all of your money. If someone successfully hacks the blockchain security, you lose all of your money. In many ways, trusting technology is harder than trusting people. Would you rather trust a human legal system or the details of some computer code you don’t have the expertise to audit?

>ccn.com/cryptocurrency-is-honestly-useless-harvard-cryptographer

Nuclear BTFO. How can you even respond.

Attached: thrd.jpg (1716x1399, 180K)

Other urls found in this thread:

schneier.com/blog/archives/2011/04/schneiers_law.html
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blowfish_(cipher)
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

a) bitcoin is all that matters and b) look after your own funds

Lol that idiot lost money. Also,
>falling for the Ivy League meme

if you do it right you keep your money
in the banking world you lose all your money

it's a matter of freedom and if you deserve it

Based professor willing to speak the uncomfortable truth.

Attached: c58a72d7bb89c340293d782585758f58_24da0f778f40de98d080f45e1b57b8-thumbs-up-clipart-free_1307-1600.png (1307x1600, 226K)

>Would you rather trust a human legal system or the details of some computer code you don’t have the expertise to audit?
>Would you rather trust your own legs or some car you don't have the expertise to asses?

>Would you rather trust a human legal system
Fuck no. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck no.

Hhahahaha, fucking boomers man, ever time. Someone shop a monster energy into his hands

Attached: 1546923184220.jpg (1024x1024, 118K)

He's right. At the current moment crypto offers nothing to normalfags. They don't want to deal with wallets, security or anything like that. They want to use venmo to send bar money to their friends.

If you can’t hold it you don’t own it

Attached: A700E0F7-82C5-4796-BDB9-827DC73D1DE7.jpg (320x180, 17K)

I guess I don't own the stock I thought I had huh

that's a counterfeit

Harvard cryptographer? Faggot couldn't even get a real math job and has a massive inflated ego from the name Harvard

This is why I prefer to own junk silver and american eagle gold coins.

Technically you don't. Your money is brokered through a couple of big wigs sitting in their offices in NYC waiting for lunch time.

>Would you rather trust a human legal system or the details of some computer code you don’t have the expertise to audit?
That is how little I trust the ZOG

>choosing a Ponzi scheme

Attached: 100.gif (395x281, 83K)

>implying cryptography isn't a real math job
The most math you probably use in a day is telling your mom how many tendies you want on your plate.

How much is this idiot being paid and by whom

That's because it's not user friendly

If the government wasn't strangling us with regulation, it would rapidly become more user friendly.

There's absolutely nothing preventing the developers from creating a more user friendly UI.

If you're going to be the one to create a UI on the blockchain, then by all means do it.

The Bitcoin devs have millions of dollars in funding. They should be the ones who do it, not me.

I actually use math every day in my work unlike this faggot who is here shilling for the government and silicon valley. Just read any of his writings.

>If your bitcoin exchange gets hacked, you lose all of your money
good, you deserve to lose your money if you kept it all on a centralized chink scam exchange

>If your bitcoin wallet gets hacked, you lose all of your money
Bitcoin wallets don't get hacked, because they're cryptographically secure. Keys get phished or stolen, which is the victim's own dumb fault.

>If you forget your login credentials, you lose all of your money
Yes if you're that retarded, you absolutely should lose your money

>If there’s a bug in the code of your smart contract, you lose all of your money.
Which is why contract audits and non-turing-complete provably secure contracts are a thing.

>If someone successfully hacks the blockchain security, you lose all of your money.
So don't trust blockchains with sketchy tech. E.G. Bitcoin has never been 'hacked'.

>In many ways, trusting technology is harder than trusting people.
The fuck it is, most of the aforementioned examples are literally issues to do with trusting people (trusting exchange operators not to exit scam, trusting yourself not to forget a password, etc). Writing perfectly deterministic and secure code can be tricky but when done properly it completely BTFOs human trust systems.

>trust a human legal system
Is this faggot serious? Who the fuck trusts lawyers?

Which has a better track record? I'll always trust a computer over anything else. One is infinitely flawed, the other is just a couple steps away from perfection. There's a reason why he's teaching an Harvard instead of making something of his life.

I mean he's literally right though. The only use for bitcoin is trading the pump and dumps it's known for. Crypto is literally just a one big trading game and nothing more. Fiat is king and even stablecoins work better as a currency.

>trusting technology is harder than trusting people

In what fucking world this is this boomer fucking living in? Does he not see that 6-8% our money is inflated out of existence every year by the Fed? Or is he so wealthy he simply doesn't see a single goddamn problem with 900sqft homes going for $500k or people making $80k living paycheck to paycheck? These Harvard """economists"""" are fucking delusional, literally no different than fucking 16th century epicyclists.

Attached: FUCK JANNIES.jpg (900x1200, 219K)

>Who the fuck trusts lawyers?

Are you serious? Who would you call when you get into legal trouble?

He's paid by the system a lot of money. One of his talking points of his talks(at google) is "the government needs you".

If someone just wants to buy BTC they have to pretty much research how to then jump through a few other complex hoops

That being said, I find things like the Ledger interface to be user friendly and simple.

ask and ye shall receive

Attached: herecomestheboomboom.jpg (1716x1399, 195K)

You absolute fucking retard, being a professor at harvard is the highest math job there is

You idiot don't even know who Bruce Schnierer is. You're literally using crypo he invented every day and you don't even know it. He's a legend in the cypto field.

Retarded and literally not an argument. Why don't you take deadly toxins and loak up extremely high doses of radiation? Sounds fun right? I'm sure you'd do exactly that. What else would you do after getting cancer.

If you want to beat off all day and not build anything. Read his actual work, it's mediocre at best.

You idiots fall for the well connected jew meme every time

Ha, good one. And being a McDonald's broom repair man is the highest position in food.

perfect

doing Gods work user

>Would you rather trust a human legal system

Attached: 6jaiih980wgz.gif (278x250, 1.79M)

You're just mad that he's right

Touched a nerve, did I? Your problem isn't with lawyers or the legal system. You just want to do illegal things. You don't want any rules for yourself, but you want people to follow rules that you make up in your own head.

>this random pro sports player doesn't have the best physical job in the land, just watch him play! he sucks!
>he doesn't even build anything like me I build houses, he must have alot of connections to keep getting contracts

based retard

>conveniently leaving out the times when gold was confiscated by the state and bank accounts were frozen in hard times

You guys didn't even read or listen to him.
Literally all it takes is some well connected socialite title to trick you.

never gonna make it.

>If your bitcoin wallet gets hacked, you lose all of your money.
Good luck with that, buddy.
>If you forget your login credentials, you lose all of your money.
Well, stop being retarded then?
>If there’s a bug in the code of your smart contract, you lose all of your money.
The further it goes the more smart contracts are standartised and bugs become a thing of the past.
>If someone successfully hacks the blockchain security, you lose all of your money.
Boy oh boy.
>In many ways, trusting technology is harder than trusting people.
Let me just hold all your money and totally not go bancrupt to a point where govenrment has to bail me out.
t. Mr. Shekelbergenger
Neither, but at least with code I can learn to audit it. Nobody fucking knows how banking works right now even bankers themselves.

Check ids, retard. You're not touching nerves, you struggle to even make any points. You're just plain wrong.

Besides we now have Quant to deal with all that trust shit.

Holy Shit we have a Special one here. I feel sorry for your parents for having to raise a Downy that should've been aborted.

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 25K)

schneier.com/blog/archives/2011/04/schneiers_law.html
He named a concept that was invented by someone else after himself.

His security book is like rediscovering parts of John Nash's work without the brilliance or cohesiveness.

Sorry to tell you that you can't judge quality and your societal system of knowledge has been gamed.

lmao I'll judge your work if you have any.

You don't fucking get it do you? you can shit on his work and thats fine, its like shitting on some pro ball player because he lost some games. The point is he doesn't get on a top 10 faculty in the world without being a world class expert that is literally leagues above any wageslave code monkey with a phd or not in the real world.

They're not arguing in good faith. They're trying to cope.

The reality is

> appeal to authority
> comparison with sports
> never gonna make it

>bitcoin wallet hacked
DID THEY CRACK SHA420 AGAIN????????????????

>If your bitcoin exchange gets hacked, you lose all your money
top kek this was exactly what crypto was not really intended for
>If your bitcoin wallet gets hacked, you lose all of your money. If you forget your login credentials, you lose all of your money.
And this is why you buy a hardware wallet

Dumb boomer

>middleman
kek

>based cryptographer BTFOs pajeets and lazy zoomers clinging to a dead ponzi
Bruce Schneier is a legend.

Attached: 45A83EB6-0377-4DA4-A51A-F160634F8672.jpg (980x1040, 138K)

>lawyers and politicians are people
>blockchain engineers and libertarians aren't
nice try (((harvard)))
i'm in crypto and not in stocks or banks because crypto is easier to use if your mind is not formated by the system
this terrifies the jew

That's it's advantages Mr Harvard professor sir

Dude looks like rick grimes in the thumbnail

You are now aware Bruce Schneier is Satoshi Nakamoto and shitting on crypto is part of his cover

>Changes opinion about crypto, because Schneier of Harvard knows better

Schneier argues that bitcoin transaction charges such as processing fees are hidden, unlike bank charges which can be easily calculated.
>Lies

He also says that automated systems cannot be fully trusted and human input will always be better, adding that blockchain technology is only theoretically trustless.
>Lol

>Check ids, retard. You're not touching nerves, you struggle to even make any points. You're just plain wrong.

If you're answering for someone else, then you're on the same fucking boat as them as far as I'm concerned. You still haven't made a counterargument, retard.

>Read his actual work, it's mediocre at best
He created actual cryptogtaphic algorithms that you likely use on a daily basis. Idiotic zoomer
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blowfish_(cipher)

How about you man up and UP your responsibilities as an adult man and start thinking about how to safely store your cash.
>be historical central bank
>unmanageable inflation skyrockets and I make German fiat useless toilet paper
>make physical gold keeping illegal
>screw whole country and harbor only close circle people
>all people loose money
>
Fiat is "Honestly Useless" - Random Jow Forums Jow Forums user.
>

Attached: 7.gif (600x600, 36K)

> his work
top kek
you know how hard (((professors))) work right?
probably a work of some chink and white academia slaves he takes credit for

You never made o point, much less an argument. Need an argument before a counterargument. You know what, just kill yourself. It would make the world's iq bump up ever so slightly, this is the only impact you'll ever have on the planet so you are almost obligated.

that's counterfeit

but other than that you're right, if you're buying somehing to store a great amount of value, don't pay (((someone else))) to hold it for you, get a god damn safe and hold your shit at home and invest in a good home defense system (alarm, guns, a guard dog, whatever)

My mum went to harvard and is a professor of economics in an Ivy League and I sear she’s a complete moron. I regularly BTFO her in conversations. I also get super embarrassed whenever she talks about politics of anything in public (we occasionally have to go to the same event) and I will genuinely interrupt her and apologise on her behalf to whomever she’s talking to.

People won’t believe me but it’s true.

Autism Speaks

Attached: FlYBXV1.jpg (643x480, 46K)

>Harvard
I just unironically wtf I love crypto now.

Attached: 1499540596-dicaprio05.png (1360x1020, 753K)

My 9yo interrupts people all the time too.

those who would rather trust the legal system and experts can still put their bitcoins in the bank with the key diffrrence that they csn retain full custody of it with a good 2 out of 3 key scheme.

The only time I have seen Blowfish in use was when a 3DS game used it and spoofing it ultimately led to CFW. If your company uses Blowfish and it gets spoofed, you lose all your money.

Now let's dump all our savings into Wells Fargo's incompetent banking system.

of all the people he should be the most up to date how to avoid any of those scenarios how to manage keys and stuff. it sounds like he just lost faith in humanity.

look at his shirt. you can tell he's an asshole

this

Attached: repentance.png (1600x1008, 627K)

Also if you buy gold or silver you MUST melt it down to extract the actual gold and silver yourself, otherwise it's completely trust based. If you keep buying from the same source without melting down the first purchase for verification you're gambling your money away, look up videos on YouTube on how to do it.

Attached: sky ships.jpg (1920x1080, 566K)

I don't agree with him here, but this thread reveals a real issue.
People who are into crypto but seemingly don't know Bruce Schneider?? He's about the most well known public figure in security

the funny thing is people will see "harvard cryptographer" and think this must be the most credible possible source on bitcoin. while bitcoin is primarily an economic disruption that just uses cryptography. bitcoin continues to operate... so what Bruce Schneier has to say about it is honestly AND truly useless. all he's doing is adding himself to a future list of smart people who were fooled by bitcoin. he completely ignores the disintegration of the legacy monetary system which is getting more and more precarious by the day without a global value anchor to guide it since the debasement of the idea of a "risk free rate" in 2008-2009 and the ensuing race to the bottom by central banks. this dumb faggot kike should just stick to criticizing the technical aspects of bitcoin or he will end up looking like a moron

>trust the human legal system
>Don't trust decentralized currency

Attached: jew_basic.jpg (220x220, 19K)

I believe you
t. surrounded by Ivy League people in every aspect of life and people wouldn't believe how fucking dumb it is at the "top"

it's probably loaned to three other people and they're making interest on that. you fucking moron good goy. you literally don't

You just BTFOd a Harvard prof entirely, point for point

The same thing can happen with any centralized system such as a bank, except in those cases, the bank would repay the funds lost if it's their fault.

There is nothing to stop cryptocurrency having professional custodianship just like a bank which is insured for theft or losses.

Currently, having your own crypto wallet is the fiat equivalent of holding all your money in cash in a safe in your home and then complaining you've lost all your funds if you get robbed. No shit. You are solely responsible for it.

But when custodianship services come out this year, where people can trust corporations to securely store their crypto, and replace it in cases of loss which is their fault, it's very similar to holding money in a bank.

In fact, money in the bank is arguably less secure, as with fractional banking the banks never hold enough funds for everyone to withdraw everything at once, hence why there's always a risk of a run on the banks.

It’s like listening to a physicist telling you that smart phones are useless.

This is the biggest red pill. There is plenty of room at the top. My hypothesis is the smartest people generally are cognizant of the low odds of making it to the top, so they don’t even try. Whereas a dumb person would assume it’ll all work out. I think you need to dumb yourself down to make it, in a sense

>I refuse to use blockchain cryptography as it was intended and have completely destroyed the public perception of the technology because the human practice of trying to game currency exchanges is something that is of crucial importance to me
>BUT HOW DARE THESE PEOPLE FACTOR IN HUMAN CONCERNS OF FAILSAFETY AND ACCOUNTABILITY WHEN ASSESSING ITS VIABILITY AS A FORM OF EXCHANGE? Why can't those pansies just suck it up and git gud so that my attempt to game the exchange rate of this currency can be more successful?

You don't deserve Bitcoin any more than they do.

Trust me, in the financial world, having someone to call when shit looks weird is pretty much the golden hammer. This decentralization thing that you have been "trumpeting" (in reality just plain everyday shilling) is actually not desirable to anyone but a fringe group of nutters.

Of course it will be in a lot of cases. These people are churned out like worker bees by the same universities teaching the same thing over and over again.

It does nothing to give you a greater sense of perspective and intelligence about the wider world.

The really smart people usually flunk out of university, or never go in the first place, and than start the companies that employ the Ivy League people.

How many people are either still unaware every major money manager are launching custody platforms? Because any of that is definitely gonna happen at Fidelity.

>human legal systems, now those you could trust

Successful troll is successful

In science, engineering, and business, universities basically only serve as job training.
The arts and humanities basically serve as indoctrination.

>if you lose your money you lose your money
Genius observation

>The arts and humanities basically serve as indoctrination.
Honestly, not necessarily. If you are a good student at a rigourous school, you will move past the easy “existentialist” and postmodern thinkers (who write nom rigorously) and go into learning proper ideas.
Most people are lazy and are content with taking an overview course and they misread and all that.
Not to mention that since those people are young, everything they read significantly shapes their worldview, and so if you took only postmodern stuff you will most certainly become a deplorable

t. Philosophy fag at top uni

Don't be so harsh on your mom, jesus