Dear Anons in college

How is your life right now and what are your plans for the future?

Attached: 76729DE7-9378-4FBF-9391-3D7F4DA10E6D.jpg (1046x2101, 236K)

Just broke up with my gf, my 3D printer broke yesterday and I closed my Shopify store due to legal reasons. I’m not sure what I’m doing after college. I really want to avoid being a wagie so I’m working in a new business plan. I’ve also been looking at day trading crypto but I’m scared of being raped by taxes.

Recently graduated in Dec so I figure this would help

2 yrs at Community College to save money and I had a landscaping business that took up most of my time.
2 yrs at my State school
Majored in MIS with a 2.0 GPA
Graduated w no debt
Got a job as a jr data analyst (contract position) at a large healthcare firm

Long story short, GPA is a meme unless you're going for internships or hyper competitive companies post grad (interviewers asked but I lied and said it was a 2.7).
Just have a degree and be personable and show that you can work on a team and you'll get a job

Pretty good. Going to my final year which people say is easy mode after the third year so I'll really only need to focus on my thesis, and I have a part-time job in finance that I hope to leverage into a very nice position when I get my degree.

My plan is simply to graduate so finish my thesis and do the other stuff and keep my job at least for the entire year.

>study math
>live in actual 4bedroom house no crappy student accomodation.
>no income
>dont care, I only want to read math books.

Is that a trap?

take out cash and use an ATM in and out to be fully off the grid. There is a fee but it's better than taxes. Of course take the money out as little as possible to avoid the haircut; buy items in crypto when possible. Keep it in Dai when you want to "cash out" from trading.

If you have to ask does it matter

I lost all motivation and failed out of a 4 year university.

To buy myself some time before my parents freaked out I transfered to a community college. Currently failing out because I can't bring myself to do anything.

My days are literally just exercise and Jow Forums.

I think I'm gonna get a part time job and live simply for a bit before maybe looking into a trade.

I miss the college uberneet lifestyle

I dunno if I count because I'm almost 30 and in college, but it's nice. I'm already in my career, am starting a portfolio, and will have a degree and house by 31. Pretty comfy for how bad things really could have been.

Started Grad school when I was 31, you're never to old to learn, best decision I ever made, got a higher paying job a month before I graduated.

Exactly, I started out of boredom, but just starting was enough to signal to my employer I was serious about being in my field and got me a nice promotion and raise. I now make more than the average holder of my degree makes, but still going to finish.

Join the Air Force if you are physically fit. Choose a technical skill like Aircraft mechanic and get paid for going to technical school for it. You gain experience in that field and an education. Max age to enlist in the Air Force is 39. You cannot lose.

Frankly, I've been considering that. Is bodybuilding possible in the air force? Like is there proper weightlifting equipment on base?

I graduated from business school last May, currently doing a post-bacc pre-med program at a fairly prestigious university. It's very difficult and I have no life whatsoever but on the bright side they gave me a generous scholarship to study here. Planning on taking the MCAT a year from now.

Graduated in Dec

Got a 4 yr at state school in Supply Chain Management with a 3.0 GPA in 3.5 yr
Got hired at a logistics company in large city and get paid well
Rent is cheaper at said city compared to college town
Have no debt so been saving most of my money

Life is pretty good atm user, probs gonna start putting money into an index fund or something

Attached: 57859837254398.jpg (600x592, 43K)

>Supply Chain Management

Why are Supply Chain jobs so comfy and easy? I sit at my desk all day making excel reports and get paid 70k and I'm 24

I do the same.

I got certificates (easy to get) in excel and project management and the company was so impressed by that. 55k at 22 in a comfy ass job was the way to go. I think im gonna have them pay for a masters in data analytics and just rake in more

looks like real grill. no bulge

WHO DAT?

SAUCE

What kinda job do you guys have and how do you get into it?

Attached: Screenshot_20190210-200147.jpg (1411x1584, 232K)

Should I get an MBA if I want to get out of Construction Management? This industry is ass, stressful, and has no work life balance

to anons considering this, my employer did ask for transcripts after i started
graduated college last may, been wageslaving since june. it sucks.

i have several schemes going and i plan to quit once i have 10k in my bank, most likely around august 1. then i will travel to SEA and finish my B2B SAAS scheme, my crypto scheme, and my B2C scheme. If all of these fail then i will open a digital marketing company based on lessons learned during these failures. if this fails then i will return to wageslaving, this time on the sales side of IT.

This was me then I went back to college now. I'm 30

That's because the making it for a lot of people is drawing attention because they see it as the only way to leave a mark

You can leave a mark by many ways, it up to you and your beliefs if that mark will become evil or good

aw well that's unlucky

Just still going.
Not sure about whatever or some shit.

Is missing one eye an issue, or would that constitute "medically unfit"?

I want to become an engineer,but i dont know what type.
I am between electromechanical and industral engineering. I am also studying business through books and videos.

I graduate in a year with a computer eng degree. It was hard as fuck but worth it in the end. Got an internship at a local tech company that pays $40/hr, probably gonna turn it into full time to get them six figs. Any of you guys ever heard of mousebelt university?

I put about a quarter of my paycheck into Skycoin every month, if I don’t make it in 2020 then I’ll just wagecuck forever

Bankrup at moment but looking to become wagecuck or have sex change

Please elaborate on your part-time job in finance. What role? How did you get it? How much do you get paid? How much time does it take up? What opportunities does it offer you?
pls rspnd xx

clairo

Graduate at the end of this year with Mechanical MEng.

My current thoughts in order of perceived importance
>tfw no gf
>fuck I don't care about my thesis and it's so much work
>internship at engineering consultancy didn't offer me a grad job so now I have to enter the rat race and apply
>my posture is fucked from sitting in front of a computer 16 hours per day
>autodidact mathematics study, machine learning competitions and reading before bed are the only things I enjoy these days.

Attached: 1544253412068.jpg (580x548, 130K)

If you enjoy maths, you can enjoy anything. You'll be fine

iktf

Life is rough. I've been working at the same job for almost 10 years now. I used to love my job, but now, I hate it. It's filled with all these asshole kids and I just want to leave.

I'm 25 and back in school. I failed/dropped a bunch of classes, so now I have to start all over again. I'm hoping I can finish and just get a good job. I feel like my business admin major is shit though, so I feel like I will have a hard time getting a job after graduation. I was a finance major before, but I switched because I'm too much of a brainlet.
Idk guys I feel like I'm just too dumb to get a real job. I get distracted easily, I have a hard time with my studies, and my social skills suck, so I can't network with people. I feel like I will be stuck in this same job for the rest of my life.

Attached: 1420166318282.jpg (706x720, 38K)

Can you imagine looking down at your lap and not seeing anything there? Like just a stomach with two legs dangling down.
Even more, can you imagine feeling compelled to wear chonies that don't cover your soft squishy bits, and the only parts that are covered are already pretty well hidden.

I´ve a bachelor in engineering and a couple of masters but i´m incapable of finding a decent job.
>Moved to Edinburgh on September
>Start applying to jobs
>Sorry user, but you have no experience.
>Start applying for apprenticeships
>Sorry user, you are overqualified for this position.
>Currently working as a waiter.

How the hell did you guys managed to land a job? 90% of the companies i´m applying for wont even call me back.

Attached: 1535409161651.jpg (606x518, 86K)

>Currently getting a business admin diploma with a concentration in management at local, well-respected polytech college
>Going to get a second diploma in BA financial services and skirt a year because year one courses are the same
>Get CIM and CFP designations
>Maybe transfer some credits into a BBA or BComm if I do not get my targeted career
>4.0GPA so far

Not even complaining really. Lots of learning planned for the future, lots of potential. Days are busy but that's the price you pay.
Endgame is high-speed company built on the occupation experience I've gained so far and education in related fields coming in the future. Those courses cost a fair chunk of change, however, so I gotta continue earning.
>inb4 wagie
not wrong

Get on adderall if you have untreated ADHD and not already on.

20 year old here. Staying pretty busy. Currently on track to achieve a 4.0 this year, trying to get involved in various clubs/meetups to see what my main interests are. Switched my major from English/history to accounting/finance. Thankfully I did that early enough so that it wasn't much of a pain. Unfortunately I also have to wage cuck at a uni receptionist job, but it's literally the easiest shit imaginable so I can't complain. Current plan is to study hard, become a CPA, and make bank, live frugal, invest most of my money and grow my wealth. My mom was also a CPA so she has connections so it'll be easy to get a job lined up after college. I don't particular have a passion for accounting but it just makes sense. I can pursue my writing on the side, hopefully be able to retire early.

Personal life, just trying to have fun. Still go to parties, wanna get Jow Forums so I can bang some hotties. Hopefully meet the right girl after I've had my fun, get a nice job, a house, and raise a family.

It boggles me most of my peers really aren't thinking about the future...at all. It's like they think college will go on forever. But all in all, despite how hard it feels sometimes and how tired i am...i think i'm happy.

sounds similar to me my dude. best of luck.

Good luck to you too my man
It is actually pretty crazy how many people don't think about the future at all. Maybe that's why so much of the population is in a bust. But hey, easier playing field for us.

>I'm almost the same as everything you said
Only difference is that I like my guns n gear, so that'll be my financial weakness (within reason)

Protip: don’t do Big 4

>tfw MSME and the better part of a decade in aerospace
>tfw headed back to school to change careers
Engineering is a shit way to make a living.

thanks. my mom's connections are mostly with local firms and banks in our area so that's probably not the route i'm going down.

my vice was crypto. i was a dumbass and thought i could get rich and couldn't resist the allure of being able to pay for my college. still own some btc as a hail mary but that's about it.

moved to LA halfway through college
have interned at every film major studio
realize I probably have to go back home to make sure I didn't sexually assault anyone before I can actually work in the film industry.

I would like to masterbate over her chest and face
And I could be her father

Attached: 1545683464955.png (806x595, 173K)

Engineering is fucking awesome bro. Especially broadcast or networks.

That’s a good plan user. Internal audit at a bank would be a comfy position, you learn a lot of technical skills while keeping your sanity with 40 hour weeks. I’m still bitter at wasting 2 years in the Big 4 meat grinder and am too jaded to get back into accounting. 80+ hour weeks and juggling multiple managers and engagements will do that.

Had a feeling that GPA meant dick and was just another layer of the filter. I plan on getting an MS in CIS, double major in CS with a BS and with the assistance of a few software/database oreiented certificates, I hope a well rounded tech guy who aspires to sell some product of my own but settle for a comfy postion at one of the major firms that Oregon has to provide.

I’ll most likely be knee deep in student loans and interest but hey, at least I’ll be technologically apt and doing what I love.

Survive.

>how is life right now
Shit
>what are your plans for the future
Killing myself once my parents die

Attached: 1521605187205.jpg (655x427, 49K)

>broadcast or networks
>Engineering
Pick one fren

bumping semen demon thread fleta

Just dropped out of college in pursuit of producing movies and start my own production company

Life right now is good. Contemplated suicide throughout high school for 4 years straight, only got out of it during last 2 years because of an old dude that saw me often at the rail tracks during breaks. Out of depression now, got a gf (only girl i ever kissed, lost virginity at 22 lol), accepted to Oxford University for grad studies and will very likely graduate with a 4.0 GPA. People told me I would be an absolute failure throughout the first 17-18 years in my life, me wanting to prove them wrong made me what I am today. Perhaps a petty reason to work hard, but it worked for me.

Also got an investment banking internship lined up, which will probably fuck me up good. At least I am used to it. Hope to enter high finance after Oxford.

4th year accounting student intending to do a masters while chainlink moons so i dont actually have to work. my supervisor is very supportive and has rejected other applicants to take under even though i havent finished my application. if i flunk out idk what to do maybe i ll rent an rv and live like a bum

t. 3.92/4.0 gpa who never actually worked for it. idk how to describe it but id read sht 4-5 hours before exams and get a's

Cool larp

i didnt fall for the college meme

spooky how similar we are. im in a masters right now in acc, just graduated in december. literally graduated with the same exact GPA and did the same, never pay attention in class and have no idea whats going on, then I just cram the day before the test and usually get an A.

only place ive fucked up is I never got an internship. I got one offer from a large company but it was in a shithole city id have to move there for the summer so I turned it down

lol happy you think it is

22 yo
$30,000/year
Work dead end job at law firm
$25k debt car/misc living expenses, had to pay rent on credit for some months last year
Live in socal, want to leave but have nearly zero savings
Barely any credits in school
Overweight by 40 lbs

If it wasn't for having two younger brothers I would have taken the 9mm challenge by now.

Attached: 1518145733077.jpg (509x625, 31K)

I have no life and no plans

when you got offered the job did you have to do any applications? cuz i just send a resume and cv adjusted with the terms they are looking for but i dont put effort in it at all. do you also teach labs? always spooky how those same students cram or study more than me but they get shit marks and i never did

I got offered it after talking with and giving resume to someone at their booth at a career fair. ive sent out a lot of applications online to internships and never once heard back anything good. I dont teach labs or anything like that

>uberneet lifestyle
>college
>uberneet

unironically you should since you're already in the university. you get paid grad rates to teach dumb thots how to accounting

YES! You can eat and lift everyday as much as you want

Time to emigrate

3.0 GPa in supply chain management
How many of your weekends were blackout drunk frat parties? All of them?

Quit my chemistry PhD at Xmas, two years in. Felt like it was golden ticket when I started, quickly felt my career prospects dwindle and quickly becoming a wagie funneled into academia.

Boss was super chill and helpful, now I have until summer to hand in a masters thesis so I get something for my two years investment. Using this time off to learn to code and going to start an MSc in computer science next Sept.

Very salty that I wasted two years but so far it's going pretty smoothly, learning lots in programming projects so I should have a good head start for the comp sci masters. Doing private tuition 20 hrs a week for rich kids which already pays double my PhD stipend. So overall pretty content. Scary to go against the inertia and actually make important decisions but I think I might make it

Attached: 1549586742858.png (635x661, 227K)

Everything happens for a reason, mate. Don’t be surprised if you end up changing your major again. It’s all apart of the process.

kys

most masters programmes are 1-2 years anyway user so you didnt really waste any time, if you had done your PhD for 3 years and then only got a masters then that would be a waste of a year.

I would unironically gas myself before going back to school

Work sucks cock. School sucks cock. Only difference is that one of them pays you and the other results in more debt.

There’s intrinsic value in educating yourself depending on how well you’re to synchronize your thought processes with your field of interest. But, most wage guys who give up on themselves fail to realize that and forever curse knowledge because of “muh debt.”

When you put down a loan for a house, you’re in debt. A decent car, you’re in debt. You’re child’s future, will most likely put you further in debt than them.

It’s all an investment and like all investments, they’re worth it in the end provided one isn’t a lazy scumbag and puts in his due diligence.

The constant ridicule and affirmations of incompetence are a gift in a lot of ways if you have the right mind set. You can buckle and take those messages to heart or use them to bolster your efforts and push back harder.

>T. Severe ADHD, untreated dysthymia and level 33 arch mage, but making 90K in medical device sales with a bachelor of science under my belt after people told me I wouldn’t amount to shit.

Good on you for getting through a decent program with impeccable GPA intact.

college is a meme

Attached: cocaine_use.jpg (2171x1395, 267K)

Well, the techs that deliver the equipment I sell had no college experience and grind it out for a pats law that tops out at about 22$ after a few years. I have s degree and only have to look nice and go out and talk to people. Kind of gets the noggin joggin’, eh?

Pay scale**

Your brothers are lucky. Bless your soul user

Attached: 1459716400794.jpg (633x622, 67K)

I’m graduating soon and don’t wanna get a job (probably couldn’t get a good one anyways). Just gonna lice with friends and try to enjoy life until I make something happen like start a business or something. Any advice?

Almost done, got a job lined up afterwards. Gonna do my CPA and then maybe get into Consulting, Business Analytics or some kind of Investment Accounting. I'd say it's going well, probably will just be a nornie in the upper middle class by the time i'm 30.

How did u get a job? No one will accept me idk what I’m doing wrong

I have upcoming interviews at a major stage college running AV for their athletic program, where I will go back to school for computer science and then cryptography so I can help Sergey wrestle our money away from the greedy kikes

Went to every dumbass networking event. Sent follow up emails to everyone I met. If I met someone for coffee which I did about 4 or 5 times i'd send them messages on linkedin with a few questions. Also made sure to add everyone from my classes on linkedin and forced myself to go to a couple business club and accounting club pub crawls. I took a shit tier AR clerk coop and made everyone there like me so got a great reference. Asked my profs if they had any side work and I did tutoring for about a year one on one. Then I beefed up my resume and made all my job tasks seem fancy. Also taught myself SQL, R, Python, VBA and got a minor in CS which recruiters salivated at. I wasn't even the most wanted student at my school, only one B4 firm called me back and not a single B3 consulting firm asked me for an interview.

Life is shit, future is shit

fml