Land of the free

So I finally found a "retire early" guy who doesn't bullshit around and gives good advice:
- Earn a lot of money
- Don't spend it

But then you realize how many advantages he had in life:
- He's clearly high IQ, a software engineer and able to fix many things
- Rode the tech bubble right up until it popped

And most importantly, the reason why he was able to retire early:
- He has a BOAT, and DOESNT HAVE A HOUSE LOL
- Doesn't have kids

Attached: Screenshot_3.png (1216x748, 1.58M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9XK5ocXPhTg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=9XK5ocXPhTg

based boat life

nice.

It's easy to retire early if you don't plan on having kids and live minimally.

I want kids so fuck that guy

>no kids
That’s pretty much the key, right there.

yo ho yo ho a pirates life for me.

Attached: rentfree.jpg (232x162, 5K)

this. kids both make your life meaningful but also force you into wageslavery unless you have enough steady passive income

Can someone help me understand how retiring so early is coveted? I work in oil and natural gas pipeline nine months out of the year with three months of lay-off. The first few weeks is fun, but after that it's pretty boring. Even spending money is dull after a month or so.

Someone help me understand.

I always figured it would be a weight off your shoulders, knowing you've bought your labor back from the system for the rest of your life. Anyone here make it and feel something like that?

>boat hits ice
>he drowns with it
Nice fucking house.

Attached: 1514955049955.jpg (480x360, 22K)

Here's how to retire early.
Be rich.
The end.

Damn, people really are different. For me it's literally the other way around, I could NEET forever and never get bored but wagecucking for even 1 week and I'm about ready to kill myself, literally not even exaggarating. I wish I was more like you desu.

you have an npc slave mind user. it's okay. the world needs ditch diggers.

I wish I could work 2 days a week instead of 5, in my job

I only spend 2/5 of my income so the rest I just invest into shit hoping it will make me rich

Most people who are driven and 'retire early' by selling their company don't actually retire, they actually end up trying to start another company again. You dont have to do nothing when you retire, but you can 'work' for 20 hours a week instead of 40.

Kek

Attached: 9E77FB0D267640DD9F0D1396025DA7C3.jpg (952x1024, 153K)

This
What do you really need if you only have to support yourself?
Maybe like $30,000 a year, $40k tops
That's easy, either go to college and then work for 15 years until you have a million, or just do whatever, then live off the growth of your investments

But wtf are you gonna do when you're 50 and have no kids and no one really gives a shit about you because no one is related to you and no women want to fuck or talk to you and everyone has lives of their own?
You gonna go hang with your friends you met at the 50+ club?

What about all the stories from your childhood? The little insights you've gained about simple things over the years, who are you gonna tell them to? What about the things you thought you might tell your son someday? What about the discovery of finding out what was really you and what all people go through in the span of their upbringing?
NEETs and Mgtows talk about "hurr, git spiritisual enlightenment with all your free time" but nothing opens one's eyes like seeing how a child develops into a grown person.

Then you'll be old, your parents will be dead, you'll have nothing linking you to this world and you will swiftly expire. :^)

Attached: IMG_9628.jpg (640x514, 22K)

It's not that great if you're a stupid person. They say it's boring or dull. Unfortunately not only is intelligence required to retire early, it's also required in order to enjoy it.

>Implying anyone gives a shit about us now

>expire
comes to all of us, 1 dollar or 100B, we're all going on a one way trip here.
all of the most powerful kings and emperors of the past had a shitter day than me today.

>Then you'll be old, your parents will be dead, you'll have nothing linking you to this world and you will swiftly expire. :^)

Your biological stuff is still here - your genes, DNA, race. What makes me want children isn't to have more of an impact on the world (per se) its that I would like to talk to my children when they grow up with what you mentioned and so on. Stories are cool.

>muh overpopulation
>no kids
I think it is called dysgenics, people like him would make a good father, he would also pass down "good" genes.
But he chooses not to, because of freedom and overpopulation.. and a lot of people like him does this, withdrawing their genes from the future gene pool.

Dysgenic is however a strange thing, because it theoretically will have a huge impact on our societies and the world in general.. but since it has occurred for almost a century, and the world appear to become better, then it doesn't appear to have any significant impact.

I think avoiding college debt in your late teens/early 20s and somehow figuring out how to earn a decent wage throughout your 20s is the key.

If you eliminate housing costs by mooching off your parents the cash stacks up very quickly, but ultimately you can't make it to retirement in your 20s without massive windfalls.

At some point in your late 20s you have to take a massive risk that pays out 400% with what is your life savings, otherwise you'll have to wagecuck into your 30s.

I'm at 200K and I'm 27 and I feel poor because it's not enough to fund the lifestyle that I want, yet I'm so committed to not utilizing these funds for needless purposes. This money needs to be used to obtain more money. If I can somehow get close to 1 million I think my life priority will change towards trying to find a wife and have children.

Ahh San Francisco

>I made money by going to businesses and showing them how to use a PC, it was easy!

The boomer levels are too much.

>But wtf are you gonna do when you're 50 and have no kids
fuck my sexbot 6 times a day, play vidya online, work on and discover new hobbies
>no one really gives a shit about you because no one is related to you
no one cares now anyway, and if they did so what? not like anyone enjoys visiting relatives, that shit sucks
>and no women want to fuck or talk to you
who cares what roasties want
>and everyone has lives of their own?
no shit dumb ass, everyone has lives of their own right now, having kids doesn't change that, they stop becoming dependent on you and have lives of their own
>You gonna go hang with your friends you met at the 50+ club?
if they're cool then fuck yea
>What about all the stories from your childhood? The little insights you've gained about simple things over the years, who are you gonna tell them to? What about the things you thought you might tell your son someday? What about the discovery of finding out what was really you and what all people go through in the span of their upbringing?
nobody gives a shit, your children might care temporarily because they're too new to the world but they'll grow up and won't give a shit

home of the niggers

>make your life meaningful
all having kids is is a way to achieve something without needing any talent. it's the most NPC thing possible

Why am I seeing this video linked here when youtube started recommending it to me just the other day.

The meaning of life the whole purpose of it is to reproduce.

I'm 31 with a negative net worth and I intend to retire in 4 years with my less than minimum wage job

Whats your $200k sitting in?

Alright now this is epic

This is a typical example of survivorship bias.
We always look and take advice from the people who made it. They dont even say anything wrong and their advice might be completely right. But people fail to realize that there are other people who do the same thing but fail. There is just so many variables in the equation to "make it". Its not just attitude, IQ and ideas, its a mix of small decisions in a right enviroment and also luck. To reduce it all on luick is naive and wrong, but to reduce it all to some kind of work ethic and plan is also not right.

Take Amazon for example. How mad do you have to be to sell books and music on the internet in the year 1999 and continue this business until 2016? Professional gaming is another weird thing that happened. Imagine in 2004 somebody would tell you "oh yea in the future you can just let other people watch how you play and they will donate money to you because they like what you are doing. You can become very rich by playing video games".

Lmao I just watched his video before you posted this. I even left a comment on his video

FIRE'd, peasant-tier, landlord NEET. The most annoying thing NPCs say to me regarding early retirement, "I couldn't retire, I just don't know what I would do with myself with all that free time." Motherfucker, you just said that you don't know what you would do, if you don't have some other person there to tell you what to do. I mean, what more evidence do you need that you are a born and bred slave? The proof is coming out of your own goddamn mouth. Go do something for yourself, christ!

Attached: 1534903386229.png (1203x1447, 482K)

They mean that what you;'d do on your own is trivial in regards to working towards a grander goal that large organizations aim at.
>Muh self-made music
Try maintaining the infrastructure of the global financial system and see how that compares

>grander goal
The most recent person to say that to me is a cashier at Walgreens. It's just cope. The only "grander goals" are money and admiration of normies, both of which are empty. The only pursuit of value is to become someone that you, yourself truly admires. And if you think the way to that is being rich and famous, you are doing it wrong.

Attached: 1535146169064.jpg (480x360, 19K)

why not just stop working and collect neetbux?

I wish I was born boomer too, they had it easy.

>The most recent person to say that to me is a cashier at Walgreens
Why the fuck are you bragging abut your early retirement to a cashier at walgreens. Seems like the main reason you are doing this is to be a dick to people who can't afford this. In effect you do it for the admiration of normies, which makes you a projecting faggot.
Otherwise, you'd just enjoy it without showing off.

Ahhh more cope. I didn't meet that person at Walgreens, it was a roastie who asked me what I did. I admit I do like talking about early retirement because it seems so logical to me, but nobody else seems to do it. The conversation never seems like me bragging though, since I freely admit that I don't even have a car and live with roommates. Most people leave thinking I'm crazy.

Attached: 1535730294762.png (598x624, 157K)

>I admit I do like talking about early retirement because it seems so logical to me
>caring what a roastie thinks of you
Boasting to a roastie. Typical beta male normalfag, applause seeking, behavior.
If you do this retirement thing for yourself you'd know that you never disclose your powerlevel.
Myself a crypto NEET and I never disclose my power-level because don't like to make people uncomfortable in my company.

It's a good video, we all have the same interests so you know. It was recommended to me yesterday.