I thought ASIC resistance is a meme.

Attached: index.png (350x350, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/80kzNwYGMpg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Anyone who knows?

I guess it’s still garbage.

Groestlcoin will follow

this will follow litecoin. VTC is the copper for all the pajeets and chinks in the world. This is the next 100x

Copper?

Lol what’s up with the weird name?

you think we will get another 100x out of it? the profits were already huge. seems to good to be true to do it again

man I remember this shit was supposed to replace litecoin

Litcoin is also garbage.

VTC is actually a sleeper, but don't listen to me. Id say it will 30x this year.

lmao wasn't this coin 50% attacked last year? so much for responsive mining algo changes

This. It's going to $1 minimum, easily a 3x shirt term at very least. Very active dev and community.

Asic resistance is a meme

except that it is not

Why not?

Except it is
I was involved in VTC community and discord since James took the lead
I've done all the research and Asic resistance is a meme
All game theory works against its sustainability

Fuck, and I'm all in Groestlcoin.

Care to explain those game theories?

Why are you suprised? Random coins pump without any reason in the last 2 months, shitcoins/scams to be more precise. It's all whales game if you didn't notice already.

The more popular a coin gets the more profitable it becomes to develop an Asic for
There are also problems of FGPA that can adapt to a specific field of parameters in a specific mining algo
Asic resistant coins require constant changes to the algo which centralizes the coin to the dev team and ruins any benefit of have a decentral protocol in the first place

Also with vertcoin they're a minor Asics resist coin which was susceptible to rented hash rate 51% attacks from nicehash

There are more problems but that basically lays out why ASIC resistance is a meme

For an ASIC resistant coin
A price increase actually threatens its security lol

Requiring hard forks to maintain a perceived mining distribution is a bad security trade off
It's a never ending cat and mouse game that prevents the consensus from maturing

51% attacked already and dead. RIP

It is. Look at what is happening with Monero right now.

The only true asic & gpu resistance.

Nerva.

Attached: nerva_1547717626663.jpg (750x842, 357K)

>2.2 MH/s
>CPU only

Attached: 1518816967942.jpg (400x311, 19K)

i've been telling Jow Forums this for a year. the old coins like VTC, LTC, NMC, PPC, VRC, BLK and so on will one day be considered classics and are an extremely good buy. You've only missed out on the first two so far.
Everyone ignores me when I post this so I guess you'll just have to keep pouring your money into the fashionable memes at their peak. Nothing could go wrong.

Attached: dfh.jpg (750x929, 203K)

It's Swiss or Austrian

>Also with vertcoin they're a minor Asics resist coin which was susceptible to rented hash rate 51% attacks from nicehash
The Vertcoin devs are saying they have an answer called Verthash?
Real deal or meme?

Redpill me on NMC, PPC, VRC, & BLK.

I thought it's German.

Can someone also redpill me on 51% attack?

This lol
My 8x server was doing like 700h, so what is that, like 3000 of these on this shitcoin?

And it's supposed to be for the people and minable on pc?

>1 year ago - about 4-5 bucks
>now - about 29 cents
>pumping

Attached: 1548757601044.png (338x339, 4K)

They've been working on that a long time
They could iron it out but other problems remain
It's like their LN I forget what its called but the devs are full time students and teachers and stuff it moves so slow

This coin has been repeatedly rapped and requires like 600 confirmations to trade in an exchange

So I shouldn't buy it.

I'm hodlign strong on this coin.

ASIC resistance is real and I'm pretty sure satoshi was all for coins using hardware available for the general public.

Yes, it was 51% attacked but that could happen to almost any coin that is on NiceHash. This doesn't really affect anyone other than exchanges

To whoever asked is Verthash real, yes it is. It will be nicehash resistant also - well not specifically NiceHash but any hash for rent service.

The coin isn't tied to a specific country - the Devs are multinational (US/UK/NL/IN/AU/etc)

#

That's actually MIT-DCI's implementation of LN, it's the one where the co-author of lightning, Tadge Dryja, is working on. It's called LIT.

The Vertcoin team is currently working on perfecting Verthash to remain ASIC and to be NiceHash resistant.

But once that is fine more focus will be brought into the Crypto App Project which will use LIT, multi addresses etc etc

Also, it's worth mentioning this is one of the original cryptocurrencies as it's from early 2014. There was no premine or ICO, it isn't a scam coin/shitcoin and it has been proven over time to be antiASIC. It's proof of work which has obviously been tried and tested much more than Proof of Stake.

Tyrone approved 4+ years ago

youtu.be/80kzNwYGMpg

Vertcoin should be fine unless Monacoin switches its mining algorithm to Lyra2v3. When Vertcoin and Monacoin were both on Lyra2v2, Monacoin had most of the hashrate and that made Vertcoin more vulnerable to 51%.

All the shills are here.

I made such a bundle mining this two years ago when it was worth something like two pennies. Sold at two dollars. Ex money.

Listen you faggots. The devs didn't even want to try to get this fucking shit coin on binance. You are a literal street shitting pajeet if you buy this shit.

I prefer Snowblossom's approach to ASIC resistance over Vertcoin's.

What is their approach?

What if the coin has several hash algos that it changes between for each block?

That won’t work, but a several algorithms approach is used in DigiByte, you can look it up to see how it works.

This.

Someone should fork Vertcoin to create Vertcoin SV.

Highly manipulated at the moment. Whales' flavor of the week coin.
ASIC resistance didn't start out as a meme, and in principle it's not a bad idea but no one is executing it well, take a look at the shitshow XMR has become lately. Every step towards ridding ASICs is 2 steps advancing from ASICs to keep hashing on the network. NANOs faucet distribution is looking more sane every day in comparison.

So what do you think about Verthash?

Wait a second, the cycle will repeat just like in 2016-2017. If i remeber correctly feather coin is going to pump as well as einsteinium.

>einsteinium
Isn't it a scam coin?