What's the point of life?

I came to this realisation Jow Forums. An entire life I had a mission, thing to do, finish school, college, get job, gf blablabla. I mean what's the endgame? What if you have all the money, good physique, travelled the world. Wtf is someone suppossed to do next

Attached: 1493423054278.jpg (653x490, 32K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_uaHFEm8NQM
youtube.com/watch?v=8kX62n6yNXA
youtube.com/watch?v=utU3CgMDkzA
youtube.com/watch?v=Hja0SLs2kus
youtube.com/watch?v=gEMT9qynuQI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What realisation, that you’re an idiot? Life is for enjoying. If you aren’t enjoying it then figure out why and take steps towards fixing that problem. I don’t enjoy life because I’m poor so everything I’m working on involves making money. I hate low iq people and their existential crises.
>like whats the point of life man
Your life? No point. But I plan on making money and enjoying myself.

because you don't have money, once you will get them then what?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_uaHFEm8NQM

Your answer to Life, the Universe and Everything: 69

The Cancer Foundation - our motto: Living it Up

Attached: 1549864489841.jpg (398x398, 37K)

I did all this by 22. Then I got married and had a kid and I'm only 23. I don't have to work anymore but I will work where I want to to make even more money for my family while my investments continue to grow. My life is mostly just enjoying myself and buying new technology ti make things easier everywhere I can.

>then what?

Do you live on your own? Because the first five or so things should be extremely obvious
>pay off my house
>never have to worry about bills again
>never have to eat low quality food again
>can buy whatever the hell i want

That's what. God damn idiot. Life is literally a game full of microtransactions. It's a huge grind unless you're loaded.

You are not special. You're not a beautiful and unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We're all part of the same compost heap. We're the all singing, all dancing crap of the world

Attached: RZwmQRn.gif (360x200, 222K)

I had this very question last year when I made a lot of money with crypto. Led me down a rabbit hole where I realized there was no core self, identity was developed as a result of heredity and environment, and followed the path of Buddhism afterward. A week before my kensho experience, I watched this video and it might have led to it. youtube.com/watch?v=8kX62n6yNXA A big influence on me was Incognito by David Eagleman. But I'm reading pic related and it is full of the same mentality I now have.

Mostly you realize that the self is an illusion.
And I no longer had that same anxiety you had of having to do something or a mission/purpose/achievenment or something that would make me special. You can do whatever just don't be too attached to anything. Hope this was helpful.

Attached: waking-up-big-cover.png (450x680, 481K)

What would you do next if you theoretically achieved every single goal possible?

cringed and shut video down within a second
pls die in a fire you pseudo-enlightened faggot, its not like anyone would cease to exist according to your own worldview, lol

Attached: 1292722619244.gif (250x295, 65K)

You are too stupid to understand that you are still grinding in life and enjoying it. That's obvious. You can't seem to see the full picture, what's next after you buy your house, buy everything you can, go wherever you want. The moment after you are loaded

yes thx will check it out

>What would you do next if you theoretically achieved every single goal possible?

What are you even talking about? Anyone who can't think up new goals is called an idiot. All you brainlets who keep asking "w-what about when u have no goals left tho :s" are thinking way too small.

What if one of my goals was to eliminate every nigger on this planet? Sounds impossible, right? That's why you need to dream big so that you'll never finish your bucket list. I hope you idiots understand what I'm saying. Try to dream bigger than "i want to eat mcdonalds for every meal XD".

That's your ego talking. You will keep suffering unless you try to understand.

>That's your ego talking. You (...)
stopped reading here. you might be clinically retarded. pls get that checked out.

Beat Minecraft

It's basically what OP is asking. You need to consider what you're doing all of this for. At some point your brain stops asking "why?" and moves on to the next thought because it cant provide a good answer, just a "good enough" answer.

- Start exploring nature
- Appreciate how everything is interconnected and it’s beauty and complexity
- Start with Molecular Biology. Go for topics such as molecular sensors / nanobiotech / lab-in-chip. Explore how cell is a complete ecosystem with mind boggling miniature machines working at a high speed with phenomenal accuracy and in a decentralised nature. Feel the “creator”
- alternatively explore neuroscience and how it evolved. Go deep for topics such as consciousnesses and quantum consciousness. Explore the observer effect from quantum mechanics. From there ascend to the spiritual level where science havn’t Reached yet objectively, but you can travel and explore subjectively through meditation. Explore a system of distributed consciousness called Chakras and how they affect our health / endocrine systems and energy levels. Explore bio electric layer of life and explore various ancient knowledge / wisdom on that - prana/qi etc. explore how they relates to sexual energy and ascends to spiritual energy. If you keep going deep in that via meditation, you will realise that there is a big void beyond your restless mind what Buddhist called “empty”. Beyond that based on your dedication and luck (yes), kundalini energy can be awakened (it’s not BS) and portal to infinite bliss may open within a finite body. At that stage all dualistic notions collapses to a singulat pervasive consciousness.

It’s a pity that society conditions us to chase fucking materiastic stuff keeping us completely unaware of the real magic. And science we practice nowadays itself vitiated by same politics / ego / corruption that plagues corporations.

ah, someone with a lot of money who thinks they can be a buddhist, gotcha

i bet you have statues of buddha in your garden

>You need to consider what you're doing all of this for

Oh, good. I spend all day thinking about why I do the things I do. I can give you a glimpse of the thought process.

>im doing this so i can make money
>i want to make money so that i can one day have financial freedom and not be some wagecuck gear in the machine
>when i've taken care of myself, i can start helping every single person i know
>maybe start a family one day
and so on and so forth

This sounds very simple but it's going to take years and years. I know exactly why I need money. I'm thinking you idiots don't know why you need money which is why you're asking me when only you know why.

>Appreciate how everything is interconnected and it’s beauty and complexity
well said!
here is a good start:

I have no statues and live a pretty simple life as far as my basic needs. Nothing buddha related in my house, there was nothing special about him he was just a regular man like the rest of us. I also lost most of that money (90%) through holding. But I do want money so I don't have to wagecuck in our society and can do more worthwhile pursuits. You don't have to be a complete ascetic to be a buddhist.

We're doing all of this to ensure our survival. And then what?

And while you survive you have to kill, maybe plants suffer too, but you don't give a fuck. Your Buddhist shit is basically don't give a fuck about anything, yea great thanks for the enlightenment that's a lame cop out that amounts to blinding yourself to everything that goes on around you.

Okay but lets say all of that has now been accomplished, and each person on earth has been helped, what then?

Cringed and bluepilled

pretty sure he was actually from royalty, didn't earn any of this wealth, inherited it all so had no notion of the value of what he had.

Also unironically you have not lost money til you sell (srs)

you sound as cringey and faggy as TAnon.
>hurrrr everything is relative, man
>hurrrr nothing is reals, bro
>hurrrrrrrrr durrrrrrrrrrrrr

But what is the point for our species to continue surviving? There is no endgame or meaningful goal we will accomplish by surviving.

>Okay but lets say all of that has now been accomplished, and each person on earth has been helped

Why do you ask questions that I've answered? Read: You clearly didn't understand the post at all.

Plus, you ask me about my plans after I've reached my current goals like that even matters. When I've reached my goals, I'll write up a new list. Jesus christ.

Here's a question: Why haven't you kill yourself? Oh, you don't want to? Great. Guess you can live in fear of death until it's time to die. Do you understand why you're an idiot? Because even when your stupid ass thinks he has no reason to live, there's still always one reason: fear of death.

Great, then once you have helped the whole world and the whole world lives in peace what then? Everyone's gonna start making kids but there are limited resources and space so eventually people will have to compete or die and it will be the same pointless competition for survival again.

>Great, then once you have helped the whole world and the whole world lives in peace what then?

Did you just write this without reading my post? I don't want to help everyone. That's not one of my goals and it never will be. Killing all niggers is a goal that I doubt I'll ever cross off but it's nice to think about.

You bring up overpopulation. Do you know why I haven't nuked Africa? I don't have the means.

He was from royalty. And I was financially comfortable at that point. Once you feel like you've "made it" you start to wonder "now what" or "is that all there is"

youtube.com/watch?v=utU3CgMDkzA

we are self replicating bio robots that are created to colonize the galaxy

If you kill all niggers and only whites remain, then what? Whites will proliferate until they are too many, unless there is some pressure from the environment that prevents an exploding growth. Either people have to fight to survive, or if they don't then they proliferate to the point that they need to fight and compete again to survive. What's the point of this whole shit show?

We could all just stop reproducing instead.

>Why haven't you kill yourself?
My family would be upset and I still have an urge (whether rational or not) to help others while I'm here and a curiosity of what tomorrow brings (also might nor be rational).

>If you kill all niggers and only whites remain, then what? Whites will proliferate until they are too many

If there's still a population problem at that point then you introduce laws regarding having kids. Start with one kid per family. If there's still too many people then I guess only certain people will be able to reproduce. That's the only solution to overpopulation.

He threw it all away at the age of 29 and left to wander around the country eating 1 grain of rice a day

>We could all just stop reproducing instead.

Yea, what does the universe care anyway? Either we die, or we fight to survive, and if things start getting too easy we proliferate like an invasive species destroying everything around us, then the lack of resources reduces the population and so on and so forth. If we conquered the galaxy or the universe then fucking what?

I think I'm gonna spend the rest of my life high on shrooms just so I can forget about this shit show.

Then realized the ascetic life was BS too and sought the middle way. Meaning you can have money for your survival and don't have to be a Buddhist monk that sleeps on the ground and begs for food every day.

Purpose of life is to be happy. Are you happy op? If not, you failed. Simple as that.

High IQ post. If you aren't happy or you aren't working towards happiness then you most definitely failed at life.

Where's your family, faggot?

In an ideal scenario our species' role would be using its intelligence to take care of the earth and other animals but we do a shit job of that.

And we cant convince everyone of antinatalism bc they're short-sighted or their ego won't accept it.

Spending your whole life high is just escapism. A more proactive plan is to live life as it unfolds, unattached to the outcome.

Oh yea having a family, having kids just so you can feel like you will keep on surviving even after your death, the only reason people want to have kids and fight for their kids, just to survive, like everything else. People want to help survive what's like them and want to kill what they see as a threat to their own survival. Oh it feels good to kill when that helps us survive, and it feels good to protect something when it helps us survive. Oh but it feels bad when something that helps us survive gets killed, whether that is your family or your friend or your environment. All one giant pointless shit show.

>having kids just so you can feel like you will keep on surviving even after your death

Based and ErnestBecker-pilled
Even if they don't have kids they will find some other immortality project or a belief system where they don't fully cease to exist at death.

Attached: 1586830.jpg (302x475, 40K)

The point of life is to have experiences
To experience situations and emotion
The endgame, the final goal, exactly when you have everything, for me is to try to live well with myself and love myself, living a life in peace without anger and hate for everything as I feel now

Who cares about antinatalism, if you manage to live sustainably for billions of years then fucking what? The escapism is to blind oneself to the fact that our whole existence including everything we feel is geared towards ensuring our own survival, there's nothing else. Once you open your eyes to that, better be high than depressed. Yea being high is one way not to kill myself, I need that to survive cause I'm part of this whole big joke too, and to survive I need to forget.

>for me is to try to live well with myself and love myself, living a life in peace without anger and hate for everything as I feel now
You can choose to live this life today.

>Who cares about antinatalism, if you manage to live sustainably for billions of years then fucking what?
I see your point, both are without meaning.
It's because living carries suffering, whereas not living doesn't. There will be less suffering in the second scenario. Mass suicides would cause suffering but regular death is inevitable and would gradually wipe us out through antinatalism.

Yes, I'm tryng hard
Thanks fren

The point of life is evolution.

Take that as you will.

That's true, the other guy just made it sound like he reached enlightenment in a palace surrounded by riches

We cause so much suffering to others just to have a comfortable life, we kill so many beings, if at any moment there is more suffering than happiness, if one has to cause a lot of suffering to others to create a little bit of happiness in oneself, then maybe the universe would be better off without life.

I'm halfway through pic related but honestly it might help you. Worth a shot. Either you lose a couple hours or you gain the invaluable peace you need.

Attached: 1549870878788s.jpg (82x125, 2K)

Vegans like to think they don't cause suffering, how do you know plants don't suffer? You fucking don't.

I think that guy's point was that Siddhartha Gautama didn't grind to earn the riches so he didn't assign that much value to it.
I see it as more psychological for whoever created the wealth, assigning value to the riches otherwise they struggled for nothing.

Exactly. Unless we all live in harmony but humans are not a species of peace.

Stop doing what you're supposed to do and start doing what you want to do. When what you're doing what matches up with wjat you actually want to do you will be happy.

And what your ego tells you you want is not necessarily what you want to do.

The solution is to just live and do what comes natural. By over thinking it you will ruin yourself. There is no one answer to this question and spending your time trying to think it out is useless. We are limited by what we are.

Sam Harris is for teenagers

myopic

They don't. Suffering is an invention of our evolution to make us avoid pain and other things detrimental to our survival. Plants do not have use for pain, as they do not have means to avoid it. Therefore, they did not evolve a sense of pain/fear/suffering.

Well geez I wonder why they defend themselves then right? youtube.com/watch?v=Hja0SLs2kus

Just cells reacting to stimuli

Just like us right?

You're never finished untill you've seen everything and you've learned everything. Have fun travelling the world OP

Whatever point you give to it. Hitler had genocide and Ghandi had worldpeace.

Happiness is a hollow pursuit, you can lower your expectations and still be happy

Literally everything you do as a man (aside from fulfilling basic needs like hunger or sleep) is consciously or subconsciously done with the purpose of finding an attractive woman to fuck. I hate the fact that this is true, but it literally is whether you want it to be or not. Might as well make the most of this knowledge.

Know God

I hate this too. I have a perfect gf personality wise but every day I just want to go out and bang some slut

She may be perfect, but there's always going to be someone better.
A girl who's prettier.
A girl who's kinder.
A girl who's smarter.
A girl who's more interesting.
A girl who's sexier.
A girl who's more exotic.
A girl who's younger.

And you're going to subconsciously yearn for them and need to surpress your (natural and unstoppable) urge to go out and find them, and fuck them. We like to shit on girls for never being satisfied with their partners, but that's hipocricy. They're just more honest with themselves than men are because their egos are lesser, and because they have fewer neurons (=simpler brains, less capable of higher brain functions like pride and self-deceit, as well as self-denial). We're essentially the same otherwise. It's all biology. Marriage in the current age literally goes against our biology.

This guy nailed it. I started with spirituality, went through a (((scientific))) phase where I became much more of a realist but after looking at physics you can relate it back to more “spiritual”/esoteric ideas when you consider they haven’t explained the double slit experiment in 70 some years, also science is proved wrong like every 50-100 years or so by one discovery or another. Meditating, eating healthy, exercising and just seeing the beauty in everything as a result of the before has made me 10x happier than being a hedonistic materialist focusing on nothing but money, partying and women.

The point of life is to acquire all that knowledge and wisdom so you can pass it on to your offspring better equipped to face the world than you were as a kid and so that he or she may make it, passing the torch where you had left off.

You are fucking retarded. You can literally watch the Stanford intro to behavioral biology to see just how fucking retarded you are. Jesus fucking christ the internet was a mistake. Retards spouting their opinions like gospel.

>they haven’t explained the double slit experiment in 70 some years

that's wrong retard

Based spirituality bro. Can I add you on discord? I feel like I could learn from you desu

>durr hurr durrr derp
Great counterargument, "bro"

>2019
>not realizing poorfags deserve to be poor because of their bad decisions and crimes from a past life
The real red pill is that this world is perfect and you get what you deserve based on your actions and thinking. Do you think you know better than the being capable of creating the universe? Laughable.

Doesn't it bother anyone that to live is to make others suffer? That all this is is a pointless competition for survival?

Explain it then wise one, and give me an explanation that will stick for 300 years. How long ago were we burning people at the stake for saying the earth revolves around the sun? Science fags are a joke. So caught up in their ego they can’t entertain outside of the box thinking if Dr. Shekelburg didn’t say it’s a rule somewhere.

>The real red pill is that this world is perfect and you get what you deserve based on your actions and thinking

Say the fags who live comfortably to not worry about helping those in misery and to feel good about themselves

>Great counterargument, "bro"
>Modern science can be distilled into tid bits on forums

Why do people even write books and give lectures if you can just educate them with a couple of paragraphs on Jow Forums?

Fuck off.

It can be explained if you don't abstract out the interaction of the particle with its environment, the pilot-wave theory is one example of possible explanation

'What Is The Root of Conflict?'
youtube.com/watch?v=gEMT9qynuQI

Nah I was a heroin junkie from 18-20, I wanted to kill myself everyday and was literally homeless. Now I’m more successful than anyone I know my age besides kids I went to HS with that are professional athletes because I changed a lot of things and stopped being a victim and realized I caused almost all of my own problems and the ones resulting from outside sources I had the ability to not let them effect me as much as I let them. Stop being a shitty person and having a terrible negative mindstate and come up with a plan and put it into action. Or just whine on Jow Forums like most losers.

>There is an insistence that mankind can change fundamentally; but this requires going from one's narrow and particular interests toward the general, and ultimately moving still deeper into that purity of compassion, love and intelligence

What's the end result of effective compassion, love and intelligence? Too many people competing for a limited number of resources. Once that happens, those who keep being loving and compassionate are the first to die, leaving the resources to those who care only about themselves. It can feel good to love and have compassion, it doesn't change anything in the end.

Ok, how do you change the fact that by living you are making others being suffer, and how do you change the fact that you are in a pointless competition for survival just like everyone else?

>pointless competition for survival
Except it’s not imo this plane of existence is a prison/school/test you need to pass to be able to be in the divine’s presence. Plenty of philosophers agree that having a moral code and set of ethics and overcoming base desires is of the utmost importance. Coincidently materialism is the root of suffering, overcoming this and finding balance of lower base desires is how you find fulfillment not wagecucking for imaginary Jew paper to impress other literal animals/unconscious people incapable of thinking of anything that doesn’t stem from fucking/consuming or that they weren’t programmed to think.
>causing others to suffer
Well if we are all part of the whole I’m not making anyone suffer but myself, this is about YOU and overcoming YOUR desires/emotions that contribute to the suffering of others. Until you overcome that you can’t help anyone and I’m still on the path to Doing so. Me trying to run around and save anyone when I’m not complete is the blind leading the blind. Regardless you can’t save others it’s THEIR responsibility to learn the lessons and overcome struggles not mine. Otherwise we wind up with dead weight dependent on gibs.

>theory/possible explanation
Keyword being theory meaning unsolved and just an educated guess. Wouldn’t it be a law if it was something set in stone and not a guess?

>Well if we are all part of the whole I’m not making anyone suffer but myself, this is about YOU and overcoming YOUR desires/emotions that contribute to the suffering of others.

Will you manage to survive without killing anything once you overcome your desires, or will you just die of hunger while believing you are finally enlightened?

Every law is a theory, you think scientists have seen the future to know that their laws will remain valid in the future, or it's just something they assume/believe?

The point is to wait a bus drinking a milkshake with a faggot on your seat side

Attached: 15498953657346073426525896652969.jpg (2448x3264, 1.43M)

If you can accomplish all this, you’ve ascended far beyond common individuals. I like to think of this level as the third phase life in the western world.

>The “Needs” Phase.
These are the poor people. For whatever reason (low IQ, bad family, no opportunities, illegal immigrant, etc) these people are trying to fulfill basic needs like shelter, food, water etc. If you’re dependent on a check from the government or otherwise unable to ensure this stabily, you’re here.

>The “Middle Class Consumer” Phase
These individuals range from modest income to many millions of dollars. The reason people making $40k and $4M a year are here is because they’re still essentially doing the same thing: spending almost exactly what the earn, obsessed with mindlessly consuming as much as possible. There is no higher purpose to achieve.

>The “Ascended” Phase
These people are extremely rare. They no longer need to exchange their time for income either because they’ve amassed enough wealth or they’re willing and able to live off of nothing (complete self sufficiency).

The key difference between the middle class consumer and ascended phase is the desire for freedom (hard work). Occasionally it’s winning the lottery.

So what next? Well, two things. First, you need to master yourself. Mastery of the self includes things like working out daily, meditating, constant learning, exploring spirituality, finding your soulmate, developing new skills, etc. The list is almost endless. In essence it’s making sure you’re a better human than you were the day before.

Secondly, you need to provide the world with something. This can be something like learning a new body of knowledge and making a business. It can be organizing the building of homes in some shithole. It can be making a YouTube account and sharing your wisdom. Anything.

Those two things, that’s all. Master yourself and find a way to use your mastered self to help the world.

Attached: 6F3282BD-0A0E-43CA-8D8A-A55E91F13498.jpg (960x690, 122K)

Where did you even make that connection? Circle of life and the way of the world is some species eat others. Don’t fall for the hippy new age vegetarian memes and being a defenseless wimp. If someone attacks you, you can defend yourself and if you have to kill an animal to eat and survive that’s that just don’t do it to excess and go out looking for fights. Your ideas of right and wrong stem from religion and governments telling you what’s right and wrong, if you develop intuition you should be able to feel if what you are doing is in accordance with universal laws.

>if things start getting too easy we proliferate like an invasive species destroying everything around us
So if things get easy we turn into mexicans?

Yea no, I don't buy that just because it makes you feel good to kill an animal because you are hungry and want to eat it, that it doesn't make it suffer. At that point you're just believing what you want to believe, "if it makes me feel good then it's in accordance with universal laws, no matter if that animal desperately wanted to live and no matter if it had a family that now misses it dearly"

You know the only thing that gives me the faintest hope I'm wrong, is that somehow in the future the laws of the universe change in a way we cannot comprehend now. I have love for every being, and I cannot live if to live means to make suffer and to kill. Meanwhile I'll go get high on shrooms, at least it feels like there's much more to existence when I take them.

Then be a vegetarian man I’m not claiming to know everything, tell that to the lion who is chasing the gazelle that your feelings are hurt and ask the lion if he considered if he thought about if the gazelle wanted to live or not. Go be a vegan no one is stopping you.

This One is an ideological Satanist. With the moral relativism, social darwinism, and service to self material heirarchicalism.

The Mushroom intelligence McKenna talks about is going to reject such a One.

Scarcity is a myth. The World is an idol. The One who says I is not the fleshbag. All is One.