How is the TOKEN worth anything?

How is the TOKEN worth anything?

A LINK stock is valuable.

But it's a token that does nothing.

How can its value ever increase?

Attached: main-qimg-83672c97b1f638dd8ae4798142f1822b.jpg (1080x1080, 117K)

Other urls found in this thread:

link.smartcontract.com/whitepaper
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

LAZIEST FUD.

It has value because we give it value. I am buyin LINK every paycheck for the price its at at the time, which means it has value.

Attached: 1549503275138.png (750x750, 364K)

Hey, David.
You're right. Stocks are the only possible way businesses can transact. Sucks really. Can't wait to pick up some more TSLA. Cheers. *sllurrrppp*

what?
The token is used to pay node operators, but more importantly the token will be staked by node operators when accepting a contract which is necessary to prevent sybil attacks.

Page 21 on Chainlinks whitepaper
The ChainLink network utilizes the LINK token** to pay ChainLink Node operators
for the retrieval of data from off-chain data feeds, formatting of data into blockchain
readable formats, off-chain computation, and uptime guarantees they provide as operators. In order for a smart contract on networks like Ethereum to use a ChainLink
node, they will need to pay their chosen ChainLink Node Operator using LINK tokens,
with prices being set by the node operator based on demand for the off-chain resource
their ChainLink provides, and the supply of other similar resources. The LINK token is an ERC20 token, with the additional ERC223 “transfer and call” functionality
of transfer(address,uint256,bytes), allowing tokens to be received and processed by
contracts within a single transaction.

link.smartcontract.com/whitepaper

>it's a token that does nothing
Wrong

Link is backed by gold just like USD moron. Call the CEO of like he will verify. It's all about trust user. Boomer rocks guarantee link just like they do USD.

Attached: FE21DEA5D99C41BF90A0D3033A826FF5.jpg (680x591, 393K)

No one will understand this in a million years user just give up and be normal Jesus.y

Attached: 1522497250865.jpg (723x757, 80K)

And node operators exchange it for an actual currency because it's worthless outside of funding.

Attached: IMG_3046.jpg (640x640, 146K)

I've just explained to you its utility on the network.
actually, in all honesty you're right. I never really took the time to research the tokens usage. You should probably stop researching it yourself and stop asking questions as well and we should all move on with our lives.

if it's worthless why can it be exchanged for "actual currency"?

>if it's worthless why can it be exchanged for "actual currency"?
Value based on hype is temporary.

Attached: IMG_3452.jpg (500x750, 43K)

It actually can't. Try and sell your stack and cash out it will be refused and the exchange will suspend your account. You do t think a y of us really own this shit do you,??? I'm a boomer btw

Attached: 1549143082935.png (1000x767, 312K)

so it's not worthless?

you literally can't feed information to contracts without using the token. it's all there in the whitepaper, you complete newfaggots. also, look up transfer and call.

It's one of the many pnd scams that biz loves recommending. Pay it no mind and invest in Ethiopia and BTC thank me later for guiding u around then and mine

nah OP brings up a good point about trading the token for fiat or something and I can tell he knows a lot about the network so lets just all agree hes educated about this subject and go our separate ways.

Yeah but what drives the price up like we all want? If link is $.10 then the total amount staked could be $100M. That could be plenty for intermittent staking.

to run an oracle you need to stake an amount of money payable to the user of the oracle if your oracle fails. That stake is in link tokens.
Assuming link oracles receive significant use there will be demand for the link tokens

but this is the real world and you don't actually need to invest in a working product to get rich in crypto. So if link oracles do get use the price will be unironically a singularity

Because niggers tongue my anus, of course.

Attached: Dubs.jpg (598x600, 148K)

Why tf Ethiopia? Honestly want a real answer

He does not refer to the modern state bearing that name but its original meaning of a biblical region of unknown African savagery. He is referring to the chaos that is being wrought by the dark banker sorcerers currently and is threatening to usurp humanity. Enter LINK to liberate us from those who have been enslaving us for centuries.

>t. Boomer

There is a fixed supply of the token. You're simply speculating on the future value of smart contract usage.
Do you believe in 5 years the amount of data that is delivered to smart contracts valued at only 100m? For reference the amount of money in the derivatives market is over 500 trillion USD.

>So if link oracles do get use the price will be unironically a singularity
The real singularity would be receiving a better ROI from staking on an oracle network then hashing on POW coins like BTC.

55% of LINK is locked up in escrow and Sergey and the team can't touch it.

Link is a religion at this point. Ever wonder why christfags freak out if you say there is no god? I mean why should it matter what you think? They should just assume you are going to hell and it shouldnt even bother them. But it does.

Its because you are directly challenging their delusion. Delusions are easier to believe in when they are shared delusions. You become a living reminder they are completely wasting their time on fake nonsense. It means there is no afterlife and they are going to die. Their tiny chimpanzee brain cant handle this and totally chimps out. Its the same with linkies.

They will never be successful because their bags are too small to win with BTC alone. So they have convinced themselves that link is some kind of miracle coin that will yield 1,000,000x returns. It doesnt even make sense, but the alternative is they kill themselves in a bathtub in a few years, and their simian brain freaks out. Its trying to hold onto whatever thin hope it can scrape together.

You're right OP, its worthless. You shouldn't buy any.

I think chainlink has no idea of what the economics of their system will produce

it's scary to think if link actually becomes adopted widespread the truth (as far as smart contracts are concerned) could be bought.
As you can change the standard deviation of a set of oracles if you have the money. Then you could start taking over all the oracles via standard deviation rigging.
PoS is at best a brainlet system and at worst an evil system.

Do you have any info on that statement. This is the first I've heard of this.

So prior to mainet, what’s there to stop sergey to decide to use another utility token? Until usage starts, isn’t the token truly worth no more than the speculative value?

reminder that sergey has 350,000,000 in his stack that he is going to give away for free.
consider that when working your balls off for a few k

these will be used for staking, wont be market dumped

THIS. Or at mainnet, why wouldn't he use an actual coin like BTC/ETH?
Yeah!

Truth.

Attached: IMG_3188.jpg (500x376, 54K)