/smg/ - Stock Market General

OH MY MY edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg
List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Last thread:

Attached: gennaro.jpg (1280x720, 111K)

Why would schools being out affect weed?

Ok Eurofags, last chance. Have a look at THQ Nordic, tomorrow is the conference call aka "we made 250% more profit" and the stock is going to pump 10%+.

Daily warning that these threads are full of larping morons who are terrible at trading and investing.

Attached: 88D9D380-AB06-4C23-B799-632A079ACA82.jpg (600x600, 38K)

Guessing you lost money FOMOing into something you saw on here after an extended run up and now you're buttmad about it

SN
ONDK

Trust bois

Just like your stock picks you guessed wrong, newfag

they're selling their weed stocks to buy actual weed, happens every year

Good time to buy SQQQ?

When does the CHAN ipo?

Fuck reading, the only lit I want is a list of meme stocks. I'm already pretty deep in THOT index but I want more biomem and shrimp mem

>biomem

I can help you there

GALT, VTGN, VSTM, NTRP, CRMD, ACRX, MRKR, SESN, NVAX

I put some money on it for lulz, 25 shares. I have FOMO'd into worse.

Thx friend I might look further into SESN

How often do you guys actually make money on penny stocks?

Gamblers lose 98% oof the thtyme
Traders loose 94% of the thme

Yes.

depends on what your goal is
if you want to lose money, then it's always a good time to buy SQQQ

You think any of these will rise fast? Like this week or the next?

GALT, maybe
GILD just failed phase 3 NASH clinical trials, which is good news for GALT because one of its main competitors in its niche of the NASH market just got taken care of

>You think any of these will rise fast?
If there is an event that would cause them to rise fast, then there is also an equal chance of them falling fast. Stop asking such stupid questions.

Today is going to be a red day. Go long.

Attached: market red.png (830x738, 1.08M)

good luck to you, I bought 180 stocks last week

>t. galt bagholder

t. knows nothing about GALT or biotech in general

I am looking into AMRH RWLK and EKSO
GALT I am in on and also NAK

Weed stocks.
>ACB
>APHA
>CRON

Attached: Market Beared.jpg (1200x867, 374K)

Fcuk weed. Robotics and Biofarm is the baesd

Attached: 1533389184726.jpg (236x214, 9K)

premarket pump cant break the local max. is the happening coming soon?

SELL IT!

Attached: sayit.png (400x245, 95K)

gahhh do i cancel my order for AMZN shares or not be a pussy?

KDP just keeps mooning how the fuck am I supposed to accumulate?

>he fell for the Great Depression 2 any day now meme

Attached: 1548616524327.jpg (565x546, 63K)

BST moon incoming?

no

Attached: 1524428515475.png (217x204, 98K)

wow such great traders you are! Masters

t. knows nothing about anything

Woah VTGN at 1.77 and climbing

t. knows nothing about anything

>bears shorted the bottom again

Attached: mgunR.jpg (600x400, 44K)

Bought GALT at 4.16 and will hold

I'm reading stocktwits accounts of people that actually shorted the bottom right now.

>got in workx at the bell at 7.36
>sold scalp at 7.67
>keeps going and gets halted at 8.70
>opens over $9

Attached: EnchantingWatchfulEuropeanfiresalamander-small.gif (444x250, 594K)

aaaaaaaaaand we are back! ATH here we come

Attached: 1531953180007.png (608x593, 215K)

Billibillibillibilli

Was own 17% at close yesterday

Attached: 11223344.png (358x663, 19K)

SN to the moon or bust

GPRO!

Attached: 1396830170467s.jpg (105x125, 3K)

worx*

That's me right now

SQQQ best buy right now.

Took a small 1500 position in LCI. Let's see if it really runs up to 20.

Keep thinking that. Powell talks in 3 hours and isn't going to be hawkish. Only thing bears have is the 200 day ma

Attached: 1548876066899.jpg (983x694, 283K)

How do you deal with selling too early. Made money, but still feels like a loss. Makes me want to huff paint.

How? If anyone actually looked into this wall deal they'd know trump won't accept it. It hasn't even come out of committee and they basically admitted that we're not reaching a deal between XI and trump until mid march, after tariffs. This is a short term rally. It probably won't even last the week.

After a few times of not selling for profit and losing your ass you won't feel that way.

Major indices everywhere rallied today. If I was going to short it wouldn't be until we hit 274 on SPY.

I really wanted to get some gpro calls at open, but didn't want to fomo in just because it was doing well. Kind of regret that now...

Think of it like building a castle. I once had was up 300 dollars in calls that tanked the next day because of unexpected news leaving me -200 on the calls. Be happy with what you had and remember you could have lost even that.
Next week we'll hit december lows. I promise it. I did an absolute fuck ton of research on this bill and everything around it.

>T is a good sto-

Attached: 2019-02-12-095843_734x408_scrot.png (734x408, 32K)

People that think we are going to hit December lows have been getting JUST for a over a month.

OH NONONONO
DON'T LET THE DIV FREN SEE THIS

WAIT SO DIVIES ARE NOT MY FRENS?

Anyone who thought we were gonna hit december lows in january probably didn't even have a reason to believe it happening. This deal will not happen, trump will shut the government down again. It has a total of 3 days to make it through all 3 branches of the government then trump has to okay it. The way this general acts is if he signed it last night and said "I love you nancy"

I don't know how anyone can see them as in anything but decline. They have a terrible reputation, which is well earned. No reason not to go with a competitor, they're likely kept afloat by artificial monopolies.

Do you have a single reason why next week will bust besides "I did research trust me bro"

?

The government shut down i cited?

>Gamblers lose 98% oof the thtyme
>Traders loose 94% of the thme

Attached: 1543380664556.gif (280x211, 1.92M)

december lows is a once-in-a-decade event. not saying we won't see some red days, but it won't be another sale like that

Attached: 1395982173292.jpg (251x231, 22K)

Pretty sure this is that last rally. I’m shorting pretty soon.

Attached: 5E8ACD37-6005-4EED-9141-926CDEA6AB0B.jpg (935x1203, 1.05M)

You mean the shutdown that probably won't happen because Trump is just going to bend his knee and give in to whatever horrible deal they allow him to prevent himself from looking like a retard (again)?

>1 million share SPY short

Attached: sweatysnaek.gif (364x489, 526K)

I'm telling you it'll be worse this time because everyone knows both sides are going to hold their line. 3 days it has to get through every single branch of the government. Then trump has to okay. If you want i did a ton of research why he won't
Tell me how this would prevent him from looking stupid.

The stock market is not a bet on politicians getting along. Betting on this shit is noise trading that's only relevant for like half a day on the day something first gets reported. The Fed shitposts and big company forward guidance and what-not are almost infinitely more important than this shit you're talking about.

Post your short position

Probably a hedge

You keep alluding to research. Pray tell, where is it?

i want in on this Vystar Corp. and see it on marketwatch. is this a good exchange? i am from eu

generational bottom, hope you zoomers took advantage

Found a photo of you guys

Attached: 2A90C8B1-C93E-4AF2-9676-E5620FB4BE54.png (733x464, 97K)

Mfw LPTX

We bull now.

Attached: allpurposereactionpie.jpg (1280x720, 55K)

>Powell talks in 3 hours and isn't going to be hawkish
imagine the surprise...

Attached: DzNN0uvX0AI2fvJ.jpg (650x329, 32K)

Trump knows that another shutdown will accomplish nothing because the deal is not going to happen. The last shutdown did nothing but put him in a worse position than he is now while also lowering public opinion of him. If he stalls for a second shutdown it will just compound the problems of the first one. Trump will sign whatever bullshit bill they put on his desk and call it a victory. So please post this "tons of research" you've done.

>generational bottom

Attached: 268.jpg (600x728, 43K)

g....pro.....!!!!

Attached: 1c1678ae14842eabc10d2e8e2f7addd8.jpg (375x416, 112K)

>being this ass ravaged
is your 4 figure account doing bad today user?

>The wall leaves even less money for a fence then the deal before it
>Dems still short balling trump on detained beds
>Its basically the same deal trump had 2 months ago but everything is worse
Republicans have nothing to win by passing this. Its a literal joke, its a power play by the dems to see if they can bully trump around and its a "We tried everything" from the republicans.
No, he won't. And that's even if it makes it to his desk

If I was so sure of a crash I would be all-in. Post your position.

chart looks like they're going out of business

Im giving dude weed all my energy so I can unload these bags!!!!!!!

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

will Orange Man and Yellow Man come to an agreement on trade???

Attached: dividends-monopoly-man.jpg (423x245, 21K)

I don't think so, Trump is not going to let up, but I don't think Winnie the Pooh is going to let himself be chucked either

any time anyone claims to be good at something while anonymous on the internet, i usually request some form of proof. show portfolio

they're not tax efficient, you should be holding growth over value while you're young so that gains are reinvested into the company instead of being distributed to you, creating a taxable event. no one under 40 should be loading up on div stocks

>Muh meme lines

I’m doing a public service to the rest of this board

Serious question, what the FUCK is happening to TTWO? Did SJWS win? Are they being taken out for their problematic tweets?

we're gonna stall at the 200 day again

seems pretty irrational. they make tons of money and have solid games. no pandering to sjw that I can tell

We have to get there 1st

I never made a claim about myself.

Learn some reading comprehension. It’s as awful as your trading