Self-Doubt

I have a degree in finance from a top US university. I've worked in everything from boutique PE shops to the largest US banks. I consider myself fairly knowledge about financial markets. And yet every fiber of my being is saying "buy BTC when it's this low." Government action and network failure -- the only two major possible hindrances to BTC's growth -- are not remotely on the table in the near future. I have no doubt BTC will once again recapture the public eye and reach six figures.

How do I get over the feeling of embarrassment when putting my savings into cryptocurrencies, even when I'm confident in my analysis? On one hand, I remember when every retard around me was buying up BTC in late 2017 and bagging about it. The feeling of embarrassment I'm getting should be a signal that I'm buying at the right time, yeah?

Attached: meltdown.png (841x631, 191K)

Other urls found in this thread:

barnesandnoble.com/w/mastering-bitcoin-andreas-m-antonopoulos/1126323222?ean=9781491954386
barnesandnoble.com/w/the-internet-of-money-andreas-m-antonopoulos/1124632703?ean=9781537000459
barnesandnoble.com/w/the-internet-of-money-volume-two-andreas-m-antonopoulos/1127531454?ean=9781947910065
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Excuse the typos, late night. Not a streetshitters, I promise.

lol. my goy. just buy the dips, slowly accumulate crypto is going to 10-100 trillion market cap within 3 years.

If you are really so successful and intelligent why do you give a fuck what other people think? Either your analysis is weak so you are embarrassed you might be dead wrong, or this is just a weird larp. If real, can you give me a job? I have previous experience working at an investment fund performing financial analysis and building relationships that secured further investment for a new fund. Followed by two years in corporate finance which I just quit last month. Finished on good terms with everyone though. Been going to library, reading, and learning python but I don't know what to do next career wise.

>so successful and intelligent

I'm only 24. My job experiences are just that -- jobs. Maybe compared to 99% of my peers I'm "successful," but among my actual friends/network, I'm fairly normal. I'd be confident enough in my analysis to generate a full-on report, though I haven't. The talking points are either in my head or scattered throughout pages of notes. They're good points, but saying them outloud makes me feel like a retard. Not that the points are retarded, it's just that cryptocurrencies are so out of fashion right now I can't possibly verbalize it as an attractive investment.

From the sound of it, it sounds like you're like me: I can't stomach the idea of working under somebody else. Even if I could, I wouldn't give you a job. Focus on leveraging your network and maybe co-founding a high risk fund with some partners.

The problem that stopped BTCs growth hasn't been fixed. It is still going to spike to insane fees like $200 per transaction during the next bullrun. Just like in December 2017 when the fees went to $50, it will become useless, lock up funds, and people are going to look for other options.
BTC has been kneecapped. It's a hollowed out shell of itself. But the useful Bitcoin still exists and is an even better buy today. It's just changed ticker symbol to BCH

Attached: Which is the fork.jpg (1266x924, 121K)

>If you are really so successful and intelligent why do you give a fuck what other people think?
>He doesn't know the most talented and the most intelligent are filled with the most self-doubt on average

user

You overestimate how much the general public presently cares about marginally faster transaction times and fees. When hysteria hits, people buy at whatever fee and at whatever speeds. It doesn't matter, because as BTC goes, so does everything else. All BCH, BSV, and BTC holders into 2020+ will all do just fine.

Why do you want the approval of plebs? I face the same issue. And there has never been a time where it didn't end up being a good idea to buy Bitcoin.

Even if you bought in at the 20k top, now you've learned about it, so if you use that knowledge well it will have been worth it.

Explain the technical reasons why fees were high and demonstrate which ones haven't been fixed or can't be

>Why do you want the approval of plebs?

The problem is that I'm used to coming off as sounding smart when talking about any other facet of the market, but the second I bring up crypto, I can just feel the retardation oozing out of me, even if I'm making valid points about how this is the perfect opportunity to enter before one final per-recession speculative craze.

Then don't talk about it. Just buy a little bit, let the feelings of inadequacy and doubt wash over you, wait a week and do it again until you are 100% all in and ready to make it or die trying.

Oh I'm taking action boyo. 2019 is going to be a big year. Liquidating a big private share and possibly getting some outside capital. I'll be at least a couple hundred grand balls deep this year.

Big year for me, I mean. I'm not expecting larger movements till 2020-2022. I'm fairly convinced we've hit or are just weeks away from the bottom.

Then maybe you don't actually know what you're talking about despite being coincidentally right. Explaining something to others is often the best way to figure out whether you actually know it

Here's a test: explain to me how Bitcoin works, in technical detail

If you can't do it, I suggest you start studying because you make such a large investment:

barnesandnoble.com/w/mastering-bitcoin-andreas-m-antonopoulos/1126323222?ean=9781491954386

barnesandnoble.com/w/the-internet-of-money-andreas-m-antonopoulos/1124632703?ean=9781537000459

barnesandnoble.com/w/the-internet-of-money-volume-two-andreas-m-antonopoulos/1127531454?ean=9781947910065

Attached: 61h0HxBIIAL.jpg (907x1360, 72K)

I think you've already highlighted the key issue. You haven't thoroughly organized your thoughts on the matter. You need to take the time to sit and flesh out each of the key points you want to address. You can't just go off on a tangent because this crypto is a huge blind spot even for experienced investors. If you just jump into talking points about govt being unable to fully regulate people will get very uncomfortable Kek.

>in technical detail
Not happening. Maybe a year ago when I read up on it. Since then I've put the technical details to the back of my head, knowing they work but not considering them worth remembering.

When pitching my thesis, I don't approach it from the technology angle. I've taken the "the public is absolutely retarded and will once again buy into the speculative craze" angle.

This is my way of dodging your question, by the way.

>If you just jump into talking points about govt being unable to fully regulate people will get very uncomfortable Kek.
The talking point isn't that. It's a bit more nuanced. When BTC gets into the public spotlight, lawmakers begin stepping up and talking game about how they'll start regulating. They obviously never did, because in the months it would have taken to begin regulation, BTC fell out of public favor, disappeared from the news, and more pressing matters cropped up. My point is that one of the major depressing factors on BTC price is fear of government regulation, which is not going to happen when BTC is currently out of the news and at relative lows.

Yep you're definitely a finance major

Have fun buddy

Rude.

But true.

>it's just that cryptocurrencies are so out of fashion right now
And that sir, is your buy signal.

do you have tfsa's where u are?
can u get access to one?

>Not a streetshitters, sir.