Setting aside 71% of income

Jow Forums, could you set aside 71% of your income to save up for early retirement? In my present state, I cannot.

This couple did and retired in their mid-30s.

youtube.com/watch?v=EU6607PgzCE

Attached: save71percent.png (1279x713, 2.17M)

If I put away 71% of my income I couldnt pay rent and food.

I feel you on that. Rent in particular can eat a lot. How much can you or do you set aside?

I save about 95% of my income

like 10%

That's impressive! How do you do it?

All I buy is petrol and bulk food items e.g. 25kg sack of lentils etc

Smart to buy in bulk like that. No rent?

No i live with my parents

Good way to save money. Ditto here. In for the long haul with them?

where can I buy "with my parents" ?

>I love you mom and dad

hope so. as long as i dont get kicked out.
theres no way anyone under 40 can buy a house in this country anyway

It's weird man, ATM I save 60 % of my good income . I could reduce the mortage or retire early, yet I would never have enough money for my ultime dream. A plot of land and some animals

It's hard to find a house that one can afford for most incomes that isn't a derelict cardboard box and won't immediately drown someone in debt.

That's great to hear you're saving 60% while paying mortgage. Where do you want to get a plot of land? Friend of mine bought 20 (or 40?) acres recently in West Texas for $18.8k.

I save ~50% of my regular income and 90% of my side income. Normally my side income doubles the amount I am saving per month. On a good month it 2-3x my regular savings.

That's an impressive amount of money to be saving. The side money sounds good. Is it one you'll be able to do for a long time?

Yeah, just fluctuates depending on if the govt contract has enough funds that month and if there is enough work to go around.

Nice. Government contracts can be lucrative and your's definitely sounds like that. Plus, a legal side hustle, so safe money too.

currently 70% or more goes to paying credit card debts but if I'm still living at grandma's house when that's done with then I'll be saving that much

I own over 1000 LINK so I'm kinda set for life, but I'm still getting in the habit of being a shrewd cunt, so that I can be richer than rich

Hopefully that debit will be paid off relatively soon!

Got them stinky linkies!! I own none, but probably should get some, just in case. Shrewdness has its advantages.

*debt

I do about 80%, still got to live a little. I should be retired before 40. I plan to travel and work 3 to 6 months each year to keep my licenses and cover spending for rest of year, let my money keep growing. I guess that's more a semi retirement, but it will be comfii.

80% is an insane percentage to save. Kudos. 6-9 months off is pretty good, plus having some work allows some extra income in and keeps you from getting super bored.

Honestly, I got a gf who lives with me, I can go to the cinema, eat in a restaurant, buy useless shit and still have about 50% of my income left by the end of the month. That was before I decided to get an "expensive" car, now it's about 25%. However my gf is almost done with her education and is going to start working soon. So she will contribute more and I will be back to 50%.

>let’s save up so when we’re older and more miserable we can have money to do fun things while our backs and hips are aching
Sound advice

Why do you want to be unhealthy when you are old? Sounds like you are stupid and like doing things wrong. Probably ugly too.

No, taxes are already that much.

It's good to hear that she'll be contributing and congrats on her graduating soon. Cars are definitely nice to have. Those monthly payments eat up a lot of the paycheck.

Having money in old age is pretty nice to do. The couple in the video seem to be doing what they enjoy. That old age is gonna be painful eventually - nice to mitigate any pain and make sure bills can be paid.

The government surely ain't saving money.

I'd rather bet the ranch on risky plays and let the chips fall where they may. Fortune favors the bold not the old

Attached: baleful.gif (628x427, 1.89M)

Reminds me of a saying, "There's two types of pilots, old and bold." I'll take the old and healthy. Worst case scenario for bold is losing everything and being alive.

Sleepy times. Night anons. Good luck with y'all's financial goals.

This. Not to mention these same people aren’t even able to enjoy their youth - working 24/7, scrounging pennies and living with their fucking parents. Absolute state.

>get passed up for promotion at work
>owner tells me to my face he will promote me
>general manager doesn't like me
>recommends owner not do it
>get so pissed off quit and find another job
>end up meeting someone just as motivated as a customer of the new workplace
>start a small business together
>make stupid money in the short time
>disagree on the management of the company
>he buys me out, i'm happy to take my money and leave
>buy a small business
>double it's net profit, more if include the fact that business lease went up by over $1000 to resign
>work 12-14 hour days, 7 days a week; going on for almost 2 years now
>feels like death
>save approx 85% of my income, SDE will be approx 80k - 120k per year
>literally sleep at work and all my shit is in bins and boxes
>sitting on a small pile of money now and keep looking at other small business opportunities to exploit

want to retire in less than 20 years, 15 years if possible. 10 years optimistically. i have plans to make this business self sustaining and hands off in the future. i can build it but it will take time.

What business

Has devoting that much time to your business been worth it? What about social life, family, hobbies?

just bought a house no can do BUCCO

this is my problem as well your best years are spent stomping your own guts out and there is always a chance it was all for nothing you get cancer or simply fail like 95% of new businesses. i can't see how it's worth it. survivors bias is strong in the setting.

retirement is a meme, I have been financially independent most of my life and I feel continually dissatisfied. I crave a job with my peers and that kind of mental and social involvement. Being retired must be shit.

>I'm an attention whore so everyone else must also be one

What did you expect? It's well known that retirement is kind of boring for brainlets. You are a natural slave, can't do anything without your master's approval.

I live with my gf and we eat out several times a month, go to the movies, etc. I still manage to save 60% of my income and even put a small quantity aside for traveling every month. There's literally nothing I wish I could do but don't because of money. Hell, I even went on a shopping spree earlier this month. We have cheap rent, no debt, and don't own a car though.

Rude, but true.

I can set aside close to 50% of my income. 70% is near impossible unless you live at home with your parents or make over $150K in a low cost of living area

Attached: pawg4.jpg (450x600, 30K)