dopeypodcast.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Hit the gym pussy

keep drinking

How bad is it? Is it at "if I stop drinking, I'll have DTs and/or die?"

it's at least 5 drinks a night sometimes 10+
been drinking 72/75 days since thanksgiving

your gonna die. we all die though

That's a lot, but hopefully not too many. I cut down on my alcohol use over time by using an android program called "Alcodroid" to track every drink. Found it helped me learn how much I was drinking.

In all honesty, just stop completely if safe, otherwise cut down to a max of five. Do that for a week, then cut down to four the following week. Harm reduction is better than no reduction.

Were you drinking before then?

I actually go 4 times a week
it's cold rainy/snowy and dark everyday

I need to drink to get sleep, I've considered switching to phenibut and detoxing but I don't know
I willing to invest into something to help me stop but I don't have much money

im a 9/10 without the gym

bitches just feel my energy
its fucking depressing as hangovers are progressively worse

I used to smoke weed daily buy got arrested for possession so I turned to alcohol
it wasn't bad until winter

You won’t get dts and are probably barely alcoholic. My last drinking period was 100 days in 2017 and I was drinking 1.75 l of gin every 3 nights, I quit cold turkey and did not get dts, only depression and sweats for a week.

buy bitcoin?

500ml of rum is a normal dose but I haven't been at that level for long
last night was 3 seltzer vodkas 2 16oz beers and a bottle of wine
tonight is 5 shots of rum and a bottle of red wine I'm almost done with

Sucks about being busted. On a self-mandated break from weed. Seven weeks as of Feb. 14.

Gotta find something to help with it. I know that some people consider it a meme, but I've found l-theanine to help with anxiety and I've read other's anecdotal reports that it lowers their want to drink.

Still, gym is more than good looks. It's one thing I've focused more on since taking a break from weed.

Good on you cutting out drinking that much. How's your liver holding up?

Drinking myself to sleep right now. 3 scoops of pheni help but I mix it with alcohol and weed for a better drunk. Get 1300 mg milk thistle and activated charcoal and take 1 of each in the mornings and nights. Get enough vitamin b and zero calorie Gatorade or powerade. Take those supplements morning and evening and hangovers wont bother you. I'll literally be dead if btc doesnt get back to 6k by 2020. Good luck user.

hang overs are unironically why i quit. After 27 its just not fucking worth it. Ill drink on new years eve and thats about it. Or for birthdays maybe. In other words if the night before isnt going to be worth the hang over the next day, im not drinking. I was an every night, drink until you pass out drinker from 18-27. Prolly fucked my liver but we'll find out when im 40.

yeah it sucks I've been sober from weed since october of 2016
the court battle and prolonged probation has taken a toll on me
I'll be good just made this thread as a joke and maybe for some advice
I'll cut it out I know I'm creating more problems by continuing this

Dunno lol I stopped drinking completely and only smoke weed. What damage is there is done

It's good realize that drinking in excess creates more problems than it solves.

Court probation is a pain, especially with weed being easy to test for compared to everything else. Had a couple of friends on probation for various things. One risked weed and got popped. How much longer do you have?

Hopefully it ain't too bad. Thankfully, livers are pretty good about healing themselves to some degree. Weed is better overall. I went to alcoholics anonymous meetings a couple times out of curiosity. Some AA folk used weed instead of drinking.

>How much longer do you have?
7 more months
this winter is the hardest test and we're almost through it

what sucks is nobody cares if your uncle died or your office is giving you shit
I'm done with these cold dark winters unless I get a wife and kids and a legit job
once I'm done with probation I'm moving somewhere with better weather

Alcohol is so much more unpleasant to me than weed, I only ever drank when I couldn’t smoke, but I still got addicted because I treated it like weed(drinking every day in order to enjoy wasting time). I totally understand where actual alcoholics come from because In my brain today I miss being dependent on alcohol,I miss that horrible feeling of anxiety in sobriety being allieved by that first shot, I miss those nights of terrible sleep quality. And that’s insane. Never had any such thoughts about weed in periods where I go abstinent

A year probation is a long while, but thankfully you're already four months done. Winter for sure is a tough time. Cold weather and less sun. POs probably hear a lot, so I imagine they're numb to it.

Up in the northern US, Canada or elsewhere?

northern US
and I'm honest with my PO and we're cool
I work and volunteer a lot, he knows I don't have many friends and sit alone at home every night and he turns a blind eye to the drinking
I don't mean to complain here though I'll get it together

All this shit for possession...how much btw?

In Minnesota or some other weird state? I'm in Illinois. Cops don't care about weed much as it's decrimed up to 10 grams.

It's good that you and your PO get along and you're able to be open with him. Good about working and volunteer work. Volunteer work seems underappreciated - really is good for one's mental health.

You're good about complaining. Everybody has to vent now and then - can't keep everything bottled up.

I had a few different kinds of weed, and some hash totaled probably around $250-$300
the hash fell under the "manufacturing" law and I had to plea to a possession or go to court for a trafficking charge
it was total shit but I'd rather be home on probation than fight it and lose and be in a cage for a long time

I was on vacation in Colorado and got stopped in Missouri
all the product was legal and I paid tax on it but that didn't stop them from using their archaic laws to determine charges
the court battle burned me out so bad I just accepted a felony possession conviction
on probation now back in Pennsylvania

Sounds like me. Ive been sober since sunday afternoon. Going to try to gob2 weeks.

That's jacked up about them using the law like that. "Manufacturing", yeah, but a legal entity in Colorado. Missouri is pretty bad about weed despite having a meth problem.

I also picked up some items in Colorado. Looking forward to more legal states that follow the Colorado model.

Sometimes you gotta cop a plea, otherwise they'll burn you bad in court. Hopefully PA is a bit better. Have a guy I know busted while smoking weed in PA. Thought he was smoking heroin. Fingerprinted and released him afterwards.

Good luck and good job on keeping sober since Sun.

yeah it's all crap but I've been in crypto a while and have a nest egg that has kept me level headed
I only work in sales to keep probation off my back
in 7 months I might take a year off and maybe move to a new area

thanks, it was cool talking but I'm going to get some sleep
have a good one

Glad that you made it in crypto - nest eggs, wish I had one.
Always smart to keep probation happy.

Likewise, I enjoyed our conversation.
Rest well and good luck with the next seven months.

Thank you.

Feels good waking up every day feeling refreshed and not wanting to die. You should try it user.

Attached: EDF49EF9-6342-4CD7-AB66-21C8C0B2A2C8.jpg (560x373, 83K)

Welcome. I imagine it isn't easy to do. The hardest moments make for the best parts of life later on.

It took weeks for me to stop. I feel okay right now with the lack of sleep and general sense of doom. My organs hurt too. I just want to feel normal again. Even if its just for a little bit.

Hopefully you'll get to feeling somewhat normal again. An uncle of mine was an alcoholic and over time, he learned to be ok without it. Was divorced previously, but then married to a woman helped him get to where he wanted to be.

Organs hurting? Not aware of that, but withdraw is a biznatch. I hope you are able to feel normal sooner, user.

u dobt

i drank like 2-3 70cl bottles of vodka daily for years. i'd been drunk albeit on less than that, since i was 15, 24 years ago. everyone hated me, i'd got a second DUI, i'd wake literally in hedges and in gutters, and i'd consider it breakdown tier if i woke in a cell more than three times in a week. i'm blind in one eye thanks to brain lesions, can't remember most of my life and have no friends whatsoever because everyone hates an alcoholic.
feb 1st 2018 i bought an ounce of weed, and i stopped drinking OVERNIGHT. i'd been trying and failing to quit for a quarter of a century. weed got me off it day 1. 1 year and fifty five ounces of weed later and i ditched weed too, and today i've got 1 year 13 days off alcohell, and tomorrow it'll be 2 weeks off everything.
i won't bother describing how much better literally everything is. absolute fucking bliss. save yourself, save your family, save your career. i have not felt this cosy since i was a babby.

this dude used to be an alcoholic cop. exactly the same thing happened to him. one joint and boom, cured...
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=UmuBNqPa70A

Attached: 1434383333890.png (460x694, 556K)

I think the alcohol helped mask the pain/damage ive been doing to my body. Now that im sober i can feel it all.

Read Allen carr - easy way to quit drinking. Sober from 8 years

Ex junkie here, I tried that.
Didn't work too well, ended up back on opiates in two weeks flat.

I’ve been an alcoholic for well over a decade. I don’t recommend it. Brain lesions fucked up my memory and peripheral neuropathy took the feeling in my feet.

Treat Whisky as collectibles not drinkables.
Simple as that

>im a 9/10
>I don't work out
maybe if you're being intellectually dishonest with the "without the gym" thing and do sports or some other kind of exercise
if not, then naw. you're not a 9/10. it is mostly in the end about the face, but the face is affected by physique enough for you to not be a 9/10 with a pudgy ugly body.

just unlucky then i guess. i used literally every common recreational drug in an attempt to stop boozing, including 2 years on heroin and crack, but i was only ever physically addicted to those, never psychologically addicted, so i was able to drop them without a second thought. psychological addiction will fuck you hard because the craving is still there.
what i will say is that i think when it comes to heroin/opiates, more than anything it's SCARCITY which yields addiction. so if you have a mountain of the stuff in front of you, enough to use day in day out constantly until the day you die, you're less inclined to use. whereas if you wake up withdrawing and have a 5 hour mission in front of you to get anything, it's near impossible to ditch the filth. the hope that you might get more and the fear that you might not be able to, those hateful fuck emotions are what cause 99% of psychological addiction imo.

>2-3 bottles of 7cl vodka daily
I felt like dying after half a bottle once

Literally waking up in the gutter is rough. That's one hell of a rough life. Glad to hear that you're getting your life together. Congrats again on getting off the booze. Sounds like really had a hold on you.

Double congrats on gaining your sobriety man.

Interesting video. I'll have to watch it over. The description is a trip.

I've read that alcohol is a great painkiller, so it makes sense it would mask the pain.

Ouch man. Any luck with suboxone? I keep getting ads for it and have no want of opiates outside being in a hospital.

I wasn't aware alcohol could do that. Wish there was a way to heal your memory and ability to feel. Lacking feeling anywhere seems dangerous.

Hoping my just turned 21 brother does that.

Interesting about the scarcity thing. When I first started taking a break from weed, I used to carry my vape pen around with me. Didn't need to use it, but felt less want just having it around.

Night anons, gonna check this thread in the AM.

>I wasn't aware alcohol could do that
Neither was I. Apparently it permanently fucks up your central nervous system. I have to check my feet everyday because if it gets a cut or anything and it gets infected there is a chance they would have to amputate. That’s why you see severe diabetics with missing limbs.

>I wasn't aware alcohol could do that. Wish there was a way to heal your memory and ability to feel. Lacking feeling anywhere seems dangerous.
not that guy, but nah. same shit here. brain lesions (average 6 new per month) are incurable, it's literally a hole in your brain, and i had some in my visual cortex, so now i'm blind in one eye. as for alcoholic neuropathy, no, no cure for that either. there are like 1,000 other health problems i haven't mentioned. alcohol is literally poison, we all know it, so it's hardly a surprise to learn that it causes serious damage.

There are new studies that show that some brain damage caused by alcohol abuse can be reversed. Most notably brain shrinkage. Nerve cell loss however is permanent. Now all I have to do is actually quit.

Drinking is terrible. It even drove my dad to suicide - twice.

I personally don't drink more than 7-8 times a year, just casually on occasions. He had a fucked up youth, like really, and this was his only way of coping that worked.

Don't do it user.

It destroys a lot more than just yourself.

Attached: a16b5951a133bd2889f7538647e9e21c--cute-photos-beautiful-pictures.jpg (500x521, 35K)

Any user that have alcohol problems feel free to chat with me on telegram @favelanon, I can help you guys with that.

I have lost a friend that was so alcohol addicted he drinked his grandmother parfum and had organs failure at age of 23.

This aint a joke, I am without alcohol for like 8 months already and coming back to being concious.

Again: This is not a joke, alcohol is the most dangerous drug because its licit.

Drinking perfume is pretty hardcore. Like, really hardcore.. Its hard to believe its so easy to buy but then again its not impossible to limit the dose.

Don't even know how people get drunk everyday. I mean being drunk is cool for a while until you're bloated and nauseous and your head hurts. Any day of actual getting shitfaced requires a couple of days before I can ever consider drinking again

This is the case for non-alcoholics. Alcoholics keep drinking to stay in the vibe as they can't have the feeling of not being intoxicated by it. After a while you become physically dependent on it.

Well, my friend lost his mother to cancer and went on a rampage to waste all his heritage on drugs, hookers and pure niihilism.
I had to go with him to avoid him getting into trouble, once a time I had to go running after him because he thought some civil cops were following us to extort us, he did that running in the middle of a high traffic street. I had seen he get several health problems, he got so drunk he just felt and his leg bones had several damage.
One day he drinked so much that he kissed the wife of a cop, he saw my friend was high and tried to calm him down, my friend punched the guy on his face and the guy passed out, he was death threathned.

Then his family took all alcohol from him, he started drinking cleaning alcohol (70%+) with some powder juice, then they put him in REHAB, when he left to see his grandmother that happened.

People here drink shit with metanol, that really fuck you up, because its cheaper and they can drink more.

Addiction and well.. genetics.
I could drink everyday without any prejudice, no headache, no passing out, no nausea. I just had to eat like a cannibal and sleep and then everything OK next day, many guys achieve resistance and dont feel a lot of bad things.
Its because you dont drink everyday, that is why your body gets fucked, no resistance.

i heard of a dude who'd bury bottles in his garden and his houseplants, leaving only the cap protruding. when his wife wasn't looking he'd take a straw and drink. he also filled his garden hose with vodka.

an ex once forced me to pour a bottle down the sink. when she fell asleep i unscrewed the u-bend underneath the sink and drank it straight.

deny someone something they want and they'll want it ten times more. scarcity yields psychological addiction. over abundance yields boredom and the eventual ability to move on.

Honestly am impressed that anyone can get to that point. Halfway through a night of drinking I get those nasty feelings and all of the fun of getting drunk is basically gone.

That’s because your brain/body hasn’t adapted to alcohol yet. If you ever stop getting hangovers then you should be worried. Normal people wake up feeling like death and swearing off alcohol. Alcoholics wake up and take a swig or crack open a beer.

Hey just dropping in to recommend a podcast to anyone struggling with substances. It's two recovering heroin addicts who became freinds in rehab telling fucked up stories from their days using. Funny, sad and eye opening, with very little preaching or recovery.

The show was recently featured on This American Life because one of the hosts relapsed while still making the podcast and died of an overdose a few episodes later, and you get to follow it week by week, so best to start at episode 1 and follow the storey all the way through

dopeypodcast.com/

The amount of lethargy and dullness that comes after drinking is not worth the buzz which becomes less fun and more just numbing

Attached: 614465EA-2A4D-456C-8A6A-485807B426F4.png (1125x2436, 553K)

What’s the name of that app? “Quit Drinking”?
I’ve been sober since Sunday, that’s better than usual.

Yup. I check on it a couple times a week. Seeing the days sober is motivating.

Replace it with the weed

Ya, I can imagine that. I always lose track of the days because of memory problems.

kudzu, user. takes the edge off cravings. you can quit easily within a couple weeks by taking a couple hours before your cravings normally kick in.

used to drink daily/heavily. don't drink shit any more. feels amazing. thanks, kudzu!

Thats not too bad. This will be controversial but try to get your hands on some diclazepam. It's a benzo analogue with a long half life that a lot of people use to taper off other benzos. Will give you a similar buzz to alcohol with less damage to your body. Then just follow a taper schedule down until you're off it. Worked for me.

You sound a lot like me. Do NOT use phenibut. That shit sucks and has bad withdrawals. Trust me. Try to get klonopin from a doctor, if that doesn't work buy diclaz online. Kratom also works pretty well but you can get hooked on that too if you're not careful.