Decentralized Twitch?

Is there a cryptocurrency that would enable a decentralized twitch?
I want to live in a world where you can say whatever the fuck you want without fear of getting banned. I think these centralized companies need to go, as they inherently cuck content.

Attached: twitch_logo3.jpg (262x200, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5rgaU3sd-zE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

good luck with getting advertisers

Why would a decentralized service need advertisers?

It cost a lot to keep video stream sites like Youtube and Twitch up and free. I think Google takes a loss on Youtube but they are able to eat it and still profit. Which is why there hasn't been much competition for Youtube.

You save the data on the network through ipfs retard?

But isn't the point of decentralization to make it so things are cheap af?

so it's not possible to make a decentralized streaming service?

Agreed OP, we will have it one day hopefully.

Retards who claim crypto has no use case are full of shit. Censorship resistance is a massively important use case that requires a solution ASAP, and crypto is our best bet.

bittube might be what you are looking for

Decentralized isn't synonymous with censorship resistance. Even on a decentralized platform there would very likely still be moderation and rules.

Then whats the point of decemtralization?

>takes a loss
>still profits

Attached: 43543453543543.jpg (480x368, 12K)

if we’re talking about twitch-alike services, there is no point

In the case of twitch (or twitter/facebook etc.) it just gives the people running the platform absolute control. They wouldn't have to worry about governments or local laws.

No single point of failure.
Which could theoretically mean no top-down censorship.
Censorship by consensus is still possible though.
I'm a brainlet when it comes to this shit tho, I am ready to stand corrected.

>decentralized twitch
it would be completely ghetto though
the closest thing to it is sopcast which is basically bittorrent for video

a better way is a centralized site that doesnt give any fucks about censorship (as long as the content is legal) and has its own crypto as the only payment
kinda like chaturbate but the tokens are "crypto" and have a max supply so the value keeps rising if its successful

>sopcast
acestream is probably a better example

>as long as the content is legal

see, this is the state of absolute centralized cuck streaming services. That and control of speech.

cmon, there's gotta be a way to do it.

you'd just get government agencies stepping in instead and making isps blacklist it
especially when private cp streams, niggers streaming murders and crimes, muslims having rape parties, self harm and suicides start appearing on it

not to mention normies would never use the services in the first place

how could they step in if it was decentralized?

*takes a loss on Youtube but come out profiting from their other work and products. You happy Reddit?

The point would be for streamers to have more freedom. Not for trolls to just completely shit up the chat.

This. Also the video quality and latency would be atrocious if it were P2P. Like a 10 minute delay for 144p video quality, if there are even enough users watching it.

Consumer grade PCs and smartphones can’t compete with data centers. Ever. P2P will always be shittier.

The point of P2P decentralized shit is to evade law enforcement (torrents, bitcoin). Not just because it sounds cool.

you guys are so fucking retarded in combining anything with a blockchain it's hilarious

the tor network in combination with xmr could implement twitch anonymously

If I have to pay for it I am not interested. Hence why 99% of all these shitcoins will fail.

youtube.com/watch?v=5rgaU3sd-zE

that is thetha

Doesn't bit.tube support live streaming for gamers? It's already up and running

This is the point that everyone needs to realise. This is why BAT and any other shit like it won’t work.
No one wants to pay for shit content or good content.

They don't take loses on youtube. Christ lol they literally are the largest collection of videos on the internet.

What about this with the EOS model? You have 26 independent 'video producers' who run full scale video servers in multiple countries. They all serve videos to get the 'video reward' of a bunch of tokens for keeping the videos flowing. They can be voted out by token holders if they underperform or cuck to law enforcement.

most of it is garbage, the data itself isn't valuable, you need IP licensing rights etc

twitch is all about throwing away your parent's money to cam girls

acestream already exists

Wow, such stupidity. Are these the real users on biz?

BSV. But they'll eventually have KYC everywhere.

There is bitchute, which takes a while to start a video, but after that it works quite well at high resolutions.

Censorship by concensus would be Reddit tier. Fuck that, we just need a based non-Jew running the site that actually gives a shit about free speech.

Please remember that a system like this does not need another dogshit ERC20 token to be created. It could be built on LN and use Bitcoin as currency. If somene starts an ICO for this it's a cash grab that will never succeed. The best apps are made by nerds for nerds, for free.

god youre a fucking melonhead. you really dont know anything about crypto currency do you?

Go build it and get rich if it is so easy then.

Http://bit.tube

Attached: unknown-6.png (522x338, 134K)

Exactly, do you know how much it costs to store that useless shit?

Every minute 500 hours of video are uploaded, probably even more as its an older number

cant comprehend how much its actually is

Netflix
Spotify
etc

"lets decentralize twitch and youtube" pops up about once every week here so judging by that much interest, it probably will happen in the next 5 years

Have you ever thought about the fact that the streamers themselves can pay for the upkeep, which would supposedly be some kind of a mineable coin or some shit, and turn it into the standard cash flow-based business like every other sector is? Where's the cash flow and obligations to pay in the current model where you invest $5000 for a PC and continue to earn millions? The fact that there's such a massive ROI for streaming means that the industry isn't optimized yet and there's a huge room for oversaturation to the point that investing more than a few thousand for a PC becomes a profitable thing to do. That new investment, in my opinion, will be the streamers themselves paying for the upkeep of their stream through some kind of a blockchain that allows that by having miners provide bandwidth, all the while also receiving full control over their content and who can censor them. I think that this will happen by having twitch hyper-saturated in the next few years, which will allow twitch to do literally whatever they want since there will be an infinite stream of expendable content creators, followed by enough viewers getting annoyed to the point that a blockchain is finally created, followed by streamers migrating there in an act of rebellion and paying for their own upkeep which in turn will be offset by the massive viewership something like this would have from the agitated viewers.
Once it's past that point, twitch will no longer be able to compete and provide a similar service due to the need to milk their content creators with fees, injecting ads inside the video feed itself and idiotic pandering rules, and it will pretty much die.

Lol you know nothing about computers. Centralised is always cheaper/more efficient because consensus does not take work to achieve and there is no state replication. At work our Kafka cluster handles 6M transactions per second on mediocre hardware compared to the bitcoin networks 7 per minute.

The point if decentralization, in the blockchain sense, is more about trustlessness

You are literally retarded thinking you can build decentralized twitch on BTC. Holy shit. I will literally never hold BTC again after reading this comment. Thanks for the sell signal.

Attached: mjrwlzddgj.png (945x705, 656K)

Thanks for demonstrating that this board has absolutely no idea how crypto tech works, all you guys do is buy dogshit tokens and sell them for 40% loss.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't it be easier for livestreaming? Sure the bandwidth would have to scale, but the data doesn't need to be stored. If you keep let's say only a 30 second buffer for livestreams, at 6000 kbps bitrate, that would only be 22 MB per stream.

Fuck you faggot

Bullshit centralized is provably more expensive in every way.

You're definitely wrong. Centralized is of course still expensive, but it's cheaper than decentralized.

no one built anything worthwhile with eth, why would btc be any better

would be easy to do if tcpip supported multicast

i bet you wonder why you're poor

>No one wants to pay for shit content or good content.
That's one of the intended usecases of BAT though. Don't wanna pay with money? Then you pay with your attention by watching an ad, which should reimburse the content creator directly via some token transfer rather than Google/Facebook/Amazon being a middleman that can censor you for whatever bullshit reason.

At least that's the theory. Whether they can make it work in practice is the question.

No one has built anything worthwhile in terms of dApps at all. We are still in the early development phase, 2019 - 2020 will be the years when dApps with actual use cases start coming out, and I can guarantee most of them will run on existing currencies, not useless ERC 20 tokens.

twitchtracker.com/subscribers
this page shows nicely how much streamers depend on amazon prime.

I'll never understand how donating to someone to play video games caught on

Fucking zoomers