How do you guys know quantum computing won't absolutely wreck the crypto ecosystem?

How do you guys know quantum computing won't absolutely wreck the crypto ecosystem?

Attached: b.jpg (622x464, 175K)

Other urls found in this thread:

techcrunch.com/2019/01/08/ibm-unveils-its-first-commercial-quantum-computer/
spectrum.ieee.org/computing/hardware/the-case-against-quantum-computing
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They'll just make quantum-crypto bro

in a quantum sense it already did

it will

then this

techcrunch.com/2019/01/08/ibm-unveils-its-first-commercial-quantum-computer/

quantum computing went live last month slowfag

It is still 10+ years away from Mass Adoption and 20-to-25 years before it becomes accessible to the general public.

>He thinks it needs mass adoption for Chinese government to buy it and use it "ethically" to fuck over crypto nerds

user.

The system is still new and there is not yet a mature ecosystem for it, let alone a use case.
Even the hardware is not yet standardised, the software is bare and it is still in the testing phase.
This is true even for the IBM & Microsoft's set-up.
It will take 10 years for the tech to be commercially-available. It will take 20+ for it to be affordable.

>went live
A piss small quantum prototype used for experimenting with quantum computing. Quantum computing is still decades away from being a reality.

>Thinking about affordability when you can steal all virtual currency in the world and make yourself a super, super power
>Thinking the public knows what is really going on when on average the public is behind on military tech about 8-12 years

If they are telling us about quantum computing now then you can bet your ass they have had it for a couple of years.

Attached: 1538327308016.jpg (1279x956, 138K)

Elliptic curves or something

it’s not a matter of if but when. when the NSA or gooks create good quantum computing, Satoshi’s and everyone else’s wallets will be emptied.

Bitcoin can hard fork to upgrade their hashing but nothing can be done about the old coins. People will have to migrate to something else before the quantum computers come online.

Point is, even if crypto lasts and doesn’t die off, Bitcoin won’t be around forever. Probably quantum computers will come before the 21 millionth coin.

They have tried for decades but it is painfully hard to maintain operations and transmit consistent/accurate information without data corruption due to the very specific requirements of the Quantum state
spectrum.ieee.org/computing/hardware/the-case-against-quantum-computing

This thread is making me nervous. Am I an idiot for even bothering to hold crypto then?

I am just having a little fun shitposting user don't be so serious but if you want to serious post the next 5-10 years are going to be fucking wild.

>b-but all banks will get rekt too! they use encryption that quantum computing will break
Except centralized banks can easily reverse transactions, something they do all the time. Not like anyone is actually stealing their reserves in their vault. When the quantum computers start attacking, they can just power off all their servers and roll back everything before implementing stronger cryptography. Problem solved. Some people’s passwords will get leaked, but they can change them.

Blockchains on the other hand can’t be turned off. You can’t change your private key if it leaks. You’re just fucked, the whole blockchain is toast.

Quantum computing is a meme. Much like fusion reactors

Attached: 1523612926709.jpg (468x478, 49K)

>quantum computing
>general public
>quantum computing having anything to do with cryptography

This board is so fucking clueless about anything to do with tech. Just stick to your coin shit.

You see this guy knows what's up. He browses clueless boards just to tell the Anons how clueless they are because he is a magnanimous saint with a bit of a superiority complex but its forgivable because of all his impressive IRL achievements.

He's not wrong through

Yeah, just sell 100k.

Attached: 6254E0BC-0AD8-445D-8846-07EF25A2B35F.jpg (125x94, 2K)

economics

>Implying I implied he was wrong to create doubt by implying I implied.

I am on to you.

holy shit are you fucking retarded
if quantum computing can be used to 51% attack the network it means it can also mine for it and actually win more money that way
satoshi has created the god protocol and there is nothing the little kikes can do about it

there won't be a third bailout
you kikes are going to be fucking buried

>mine ~50% of the remaining 3 million btc
vs
>take all of the existing 17 million btc

Hmm...

If you take them all trust in crypto is lost and they're worthless.
If you mine them you can sell them.

I know sooner or later somebody will 51 it for teh lulz.

how much is btc if there are no buyers or sellers?

>kikes

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-03-03 at 3.08.20 AM.png (602x614, 676K)

100.000.000 Satoshi.