GET A JOB

>Busted my ass for a decade from 19 till now 29 in some manual labor hotel job. It was actually my father that recommended me I go down this 'career path'.

>This whole time I was saving and investing, now I have $1500 per month in passive income.

>I now decide to learn web development and use these skills to freelance and grow my passive income.

>My semester starts in September, so I have almost 1/2 a year. During this time I am learning a new language, going to the gym and many other things on my own.

>My boomer parents don't even understand what i'm doing, they just cant understand that I want a career change and they're freaking out at the fact that i'm currently a NEET.

>"Son, you're almost 30 years old! Why don't you just go and get a job! JUST GET A JOB! ANY JOB".

>All the jobs are retail, restaurant wagecuck jobs and they just dont understand that I simply don't want to work these kinds of jobs and I have the financial means to sustain myself without a job during this transition period.

Are boomers just completely detached from reality now?

Attached: 1544155127132.png (960x922, 418K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PyRtV5yAuLk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Im a 58 year old boomer. I retire in December of this year. Worked 35 years in a city wastewater plant treating everyone's shit.

Now I will enjoy the free ride, making 80% of my salary fro free, for life. That's about $78K. Not bad for a high school graduate.

Boomer power!

In a word, yes.

When they started off at 19 any job they got would include strong benefits, a livable wage, and various protections through unions.

Forget web developing. Learn welding and pipefitting. You can earn $100K easy. Learn to weld underwater in scuba gear, as on oil platforms, and you will earn $300 K per year.

boomer holocaust when

Attached: 1531064250240.gif (1000x640, 127K)

As nice as that sounds, I was working a manual job at a restaurant for a decade. Went to work all day every day for 11 hours (1 of that was unpaid time) in a hot stuffy uniform with a fucking tie.

I want a job where I can sit down on a chair, on a desk, in front of a PC screen where its warm during winter and cool during summer in cotton (not polyester) clothes of my choice. I am almost 30, don't think I can serve hot plates of goop from cunt chefs anymore.

Why forget web developing?

Welding is literal slave labor.

Good money, but it'll leave your eyes and back fucked.

>Worked 35 years in a city wastewater plant treating everyone's shit.

Nice LARP.

If you aren't larping then you lived an uneventful wasted shitty (no pun intended) life.

Why is it when someone isn't knee deep in sweat and shit for 12 hours a day they are regarded as just sitting there doing nothing with you people?

fuck boomers.

Had a boomer at work complaining about the slow economy and that he "had to drive a 10 year old car(lincoln)" lmao meanwhile I'm driving a 17 year old honda shitbox

Attached: 1473038940743.jpg (1500x1500, 158K)

>semester
dont spend it on school user. teach yourself and get connections. if you need connections audit a class nearby school and offer to do work for free for startups after showing them your portfolio. better result than school

Artificial intelligence will make it obsolete.

If you managed to save enough to earn 1.5k passive income a month on investments you probably did it by leeching off your parents for 29 years and probably still do so and that is why they're concerned.

If you aren't living off of them and are self sustainable no sane parent would give a fuck.

>50% chances of dying everyday
>totally destroy your body
>hell-tier conditions of work
>"hey at least it pay well!"
kys

I manage to convince them that in today's economy, me moving out on my own would be financial suicide.

Trade school you lazy fucksticks. CNC Machining , electrician, plumbing, diesel mechanics, trucking. You wasted your lives playing retarded video games and believing that homosexuality was okay. Fucking grow up and become a man.

I am a 30 year old neet virgin complete loser and my parents understand that the economy is shit, and that wages have not increased since the 80s. They also apologize for it on behalf of the boomer generation..

Attached: 1510952414374.jpg (950x1001, 353K)

what about no?
i'm a comfy neet and you are a ragie wagie

Attached: 1546135868948.jpg (250x250, 6K)

>Fucking grow up and become a man.

blah blah blah, go in hurrr shake'em hands look at them in one eye, etc etc

Attached: 1496805372784.jpg (600x600, 45K)

One more thing, learn to daytrade, and I don't meen pseudo-Shekels.

Here ate some tickers: CHK EPE AXAS JONE ECR LPI LGCY WFT BTE WFC. ECT CHKR PER SDT

Christ grow up.

*are

>$1500 passive income

dude just go live in thailand or philippines on $500 a month and save/reinvest the other amount
you can also go to school for cheap in those places, and work out, and bang cute asian grils

you already made it.....really

if you choose to live in the USA while you have passive income, you are an enormous idiot
the USA prices for everything are the retired, pensioned, ponzi-fed boomer premium prices
it is insanely expensive to live anywhere in the usa except possibly fucking kentucky, compared to a nice quiet town in a SEA or South American or Eastern Europe country

you can BE FREE of this gay cucked and pozzed rat race RIGHT NOW

you ALREADY MADE IT dude, you did it, and it only took 10 years

I'm envious, I'm close and I make 140k a year most of which I can save. I put majority into dividend paying stocks and some other things that are more risky (and some crypto of course), I have 5 years to go, and I will be 37 then.

>dude just go live in thailand or philippines on $500 a month and save/reinvest the other amount
>you can also go to school for cheap in those places, and work out, and bang cute asian grils

I actually thought about it, but $500 isn't going to be enough. It's totally unrealistic, and $1500 is a really paltry amount of money. I intend to live another 50 years at least, and that amount is simply not going to sustain me and this isn't even considering market crashes that would render my dividend payments null.

There are people that end up destitute in places like Thailand of Philippines and spend their days begging for beer money and having no money for a plane ticket home.

That's far worse.

>Business diplomas in management and financial services
>Cop and ex-mil
>CFP on non-shift days
>Preparing to open private security firm

Take the milpil and keep everyone's money safe with your own military
Then bool on the third world and take their stuff to reinvest

There's people on disability living on less than $700 in the U.S. Get your fucking expenses in order you ungrateful retard, you already made it.

They can survive on $700 in the US because they are US citizens and get access to all the government benefits. (I'm Canadian).

But being poor as a foreigner in Thailand? They wouldn't give a fuck about me. It's not about being ungrateful, it's about being realistic.

youtube.com/watch?v=PyRtV5yAuLk

Most long-term expats recommend $1000 for basic living.

No thanks. Working a trade turns people into burnt out retards such as yourself. Enjoy your welding fumes.

forget web dev because digital marketing is more comfy.

take a few online courses, get some certs, advertise your own sites with adwords or facebook ads, or get clients from upwork.

then get a remote job making $40k.

then move to SE Asia and live like a king.

should take you a few months or so to get a job. you can leap frog to 6 figs in a few years.

Attached: 1498223642684.jpg (329x329, 12K)

You could at least work part time.

>$1,500/month passive income
>From 19-29 working manual labor hotel jobs
What a garbage fucking LARP. $1,500 per month passive income means $900k, $600k if you're focusing on dividends only.

I'm learning web developing too, self-taught at home. It's a great fucking market on sites, also web development won't die any soon.

Learn it.
It's the shit.

Also worked manual labor, forest industry jobs from 20-28.

I am also starting "Computer Data Processing" school this autumn and learn coding, server mainentance etc.

Fuck manual labor, almost destroyed my body and health in the process.

> I simply don't want to work these kinds of jobs and I have the financial means to sustain myself without a job during this transition period.
I could literally make a few million dollars in crypto and be living an amazing life traveling and enjoying myself and be set for 100 years, and my Boomer mom would still be hounding me to get a job. They're nuts. Not saying that i wouldn't eventually start some kind of business, but shit they are so addicted to a structured lifecycle where you HAVE to have a good job by 25, you HAVE to be married and have a kid by 30, etc etc. If they wanted things to still be that way, then they shouldn't have sold us out to the third world.

Attached: 1432724756686s.jpg (250x241, 7K)

>I could literally make a few million dollars in crypto
That's a lot of shorts

Attached: 35386208_10216881043763876_3885017031283572736_n.jpg (480x456, 19K)

cringe

your father regrets not getting a vasectomy and your mother wishes she swallowed

but no one can blame them

just get a fuckin job

Nigga they understand that you don’t wanna work in that but they don’t give a fuck.

Damn bruh, you don’t even got a job? Are you making money through trading or nah?

Boomers are fucking retarded. They'd rather just show up in the same office for 40 years of their lives.

Why would he want to get a job and feel like a loser?

The underwater welding meme is a good litmus test of whether or not you should actually take someone's career advice seriously.

I drive a 20 year old jeep and I am happy to do it. Boomers these days are so entitled.

why be jobless and a loser when you can be a loser with a JOB

There won't be a holocaust, but right-to-work laws protecting the employment rights of the aged boomers are gonna have to go.
I have a feeling as soon as more gen Y and Z'ers take up political and management positions, mandatory retirement will be a thing.

If they won't step down like the Greatest Generation did, boomers will be forced out to pasture by statute.

Day of the Recliner soon. The lampposts of every major city will have geriatric ornaments before the decade is out.

The world will end in 30 years anyway. Stop obsessing over money like boomers and jews. They will fucking pay, god wills it

>Busted my ass for a decade from 19 till now 29 in some manual labor hotel job. It was actually my father that recommended me I go down this 'career path'.

Not driven and cant own your own decisions

>This whole time I was saving and investing, now I have $1500 per month in passive income.

In crypto?

>I now decide to learn web development and use these skills to freelance and grow my passive income.

And a flake

>My semester starts in September, so I have almost 1/2 a year. During this time I am learning a new language, going to the gym and many other things on my own.

Youre doing what most high schoolers do.

>My boomer parents don't even understand what i'm doing, they just cant understand that I want a career change and they're freaking out at the fact that i'm currently a NEET.

They understand you very well, hence why pops suggested you do braindead labor.

>"Son, you're almost 30 years old! Why don't you just go and get a job! JUST GET A JOB! ANY JOB".

Get a job.

>All the jobs are retail, restaurant wagecuck jobs and they just dont understand that I simply don't want to work these kinds of jobs and I have the financial means to sustain myself without a job during this transition period.

So you put the burden on your boomer parents and blame them? Fuck off.

>no cops
>slow internet
>cant drink the water
>have to deal with retarded shitskins all day

Ill pass. There are plenty of comfy white places in the US that are extremely cheap.

Whats the passive income stream from? What did you invest in? What are you going back to school for?

In a similar position and looking for inspiration Godspeed user.

Show them that you're earning money passively. Like, take them out to a fancy dinner or something and casually mention this was all paid for with your passive income.

That usually shuts them up.

What burden? Hes living off his own money.

If you have $1500 per month in passive income you've already almost made it. Just focus on increasing that passive income and you'll never have to work for anyone else again.

Except there is no 200 trillion to pay for your pensions.

>user is in an even worse position than OP

dude you have $1500 a month passive income, you can literally just move somewhere cheap in the US for $300/month and focus on building more business

as other anons said, you've almost made it, almost made financial freedom

congrats dude, seriously

>he thinks his pension will exist
ahahhahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha *inhales*

>pension

Hahaha, I ain't paying that for you.

Attached: 12091389109.png (321x204, 143K)

That's cool but you got like 3 years until you die of anal cancer. Why didn't you work smarter and retire at 30?

There are certain old cars that aren't bad for being old. In fact, new cars tend to be less reliable and shittier than old cars. Look at German cars, for instance. German cars from the 90's are top tier compared to the ones from today because they ar bloated with new technology. So what I'm saying is, buy a cheap classic car like a Mercedes 190e or something if you wanna be frugal with style.

t. Retard

You can actually make a lot at some restaurants. When I was in college, I worked at this one upscale place and I got paid $5.25 per hour, but made anywhere from $300-500 in tips per night. The job will suck and you'll probably develop a drug problem, but at least you'll make enough to kinda get by in life.

These speculators don't understand that their fake money won't serve them at all when people with hatchets and AKs are breaking their door down as we destroy international jewry once and for all.

>Whats the passive income stream from? What did you invest in? What are you going back to school for?

I bought mutual funds and dividend paying stocks, I also bought Bitcoin back in 2011 and sold in 2015, it was enough for me to afford the down payment for a condo that I get some rental income from. I knew about Bitcoin when I got hacked and the hacker was demanding bitcoin, but thank god it was only my secondary email that I never use. But I got curious about it and did some reading about it so I bought some anyways and I made some profit. I never believed it though, i'm always more traditional in my investing manner.

Granted I live with my parents, but I saved so much money that way.

Going to learn New Media and Web Development, so that includes some programming, photo shopping, drone filming and lots of other media related technical knowledge that will prove useful for freelancing jobs where I can be geographically free.

Attached: reseto.jpg (614x460, 33K)

Attached: 1499737948112.png (558x565, 2K)

Most of you fags are to afraid to talk to the mailman let alone form an uprising lmao