NVDA up 10% despite dismal earnings edition

NVDA up 10% despite dismal earnings edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Retail Foreign Exchange (FX) Trading:
While FX trading is still considered a widespread practice of personal investment in Japan, its risk-prone nature has also led to the stigmatization of currency trading as a form of get-rich-quick-scheme, and as a result, Japanese FX investors who lament about their heavy losses have become a frequent target of online ridicule and mockeries, especially on 2channel and Nico Nico Douga (NND), where some users regularly make trades through its real-time streaming service.

Previous `smg thread':

Attached: 1520942374259.png (240x240, 89K)

If they raise the McMinimum wage do I sell my MCD?

I'm up 1.53% on my first ever $22 spent in the stock market. A-am I gonna make it /fit- I mean Jow Forums?

Nintendo is trash.

I would send your soul to hell a thousand times for 1 share of nintendo

This new strategy is great. I have my normal """safe""" portfolio. I also throw 5 dollars at every silly penny stock /smg/ mentions and when it pops 20% I sell it and make a whole dollar!!! Then a week later everyone is buying and screaming. Then a couple weeks the price plummets.

Attached: image-1-1.gif (321x241, 13K)

could divi bros explain KO?

I could not tell you why the market hates them so much. Today should have been an easy win

Buy my Nintendo shares.

Anyone ever snort adderall? I hate waiting 40 minutes for it to enter my bloodstream.

I'll give you $25 for them all

Super Mario Bros. 3 is a quality game t b h

Attached: Hammer-bros.png (675x608, 560K)

>no subject
>no valentine themed anime thread with a pink/white/red color scheme

Sigh, guess its time for the daily nap

Attached: xEh.webm (1280x720, 1.78M)

NVDA will close AH at 12%+ screenshot this

I thought it would desu.
I bought 20 shares. Lol.
Still made money. Just not what I thought.

There was a chick fucking painted red and pink in my japanese class today.

I SAID NO BULLY
and the OP image is OC too geez how much do I need to suffer for you retards

Bought KO calls before close
Hoping for a recovery tomorrow

Attached: 1429547197103.jpg (405x391, 84K)

>Why not buy all three? AMD NVDA and INTC?
I don't see why not. Whilst they have certain products that compete they've also all got vastly other different markets that they're really targeting which they dominate in unconstested against eachother.
I'm interested in comp tech quite abit so I know even though intel and amd are CPUs. Intel also has alot of other fields they have moved into and even if intel steals some of their market they'll manage to get back in the groove in a few years. During that time they have other markets to support them. Just as AMD has managed so far even though their GPUs suck balls but they've got the console market in their pocket with Xbox and Sony buying their GPUs.
And you've got Nvidia that's just a juggernaut and even if AMD manages to pull something amazing off with their upcoming Navi it'll take time to grab significant marketshare and Nvidia has got their deeplearning and self driving car bullshit among other things.
Honestly they've all got growth in their future so I see no reason not to put in money.
Albeit, and recently last week lost another senior position which adds to actually quite a few in the past two years.
No one says why they're retiring or cutting themselves loose but it's might be something to be concerned about.
Same with intel hiring the best engineer's in the market since last year to work on their attempt to jump into the gpu market. Aswell as better their CPU line up. Poo

Dismissal earnings can't derail the bull train

Attached: dead canaries.jpg (400x266, 32K)

>that PEG ratio

Attached: 1536546922435.jpg (262x266, 30K)

own all three then send letters to each of the board of directors asking no to compete and to agree to all raise prices

I think there will be a larger dip later

>own all three then send letters to each of the board of directors asking no to compete and to agree to all raise prices
Yeah I sent a letter to trump a few days ago and told him to give up on the wall.
Only a matter of time now

So, MNGA...

it worked for the airline industry

No, just invest in whoever makes those fecal matter encrusted self order tablets. A raising minimum wage can be counteracted by cutting employees and I would be more inclined to eat at McDonald's if I didn't have to talk to the kind of people they employ.

Luckily, I'm a steady source of small biotech stocks, so this strategy should be sustainable for the foreseeable future

Try CRMD next
Sold off on good news for no reason, should recover somewhat in the coming days, imo

Yes, just add more and more money. Starting this small is good, you'll lose money to learn how it works anyway. At that amount of cash I hope you're using Robinhood, just make sure that you throw in whatever you can spare every paycheck even if it's $20 or whatever. Also a lot of people will tell you not to diversify as it kills your gains, that's true but it's also an advanced tactic usually deployed by degenerate gamblers, if you can diversify do it. Think in percents and not dollars. Don't take losses personally and remember gains don't make you Warren Buffet. You'll do fine.

>Try to create vanguard account
>"we cannot verify your identity online, please mail us this bullshit, expect to hear back from us in 3 weeks :^)"

the fuck is this?

nice try ISIS

It's a company by old people, for old people. They're okay with waiting as everything Vanguard stands for is about patience.

What good news?

I think I had to do that. Can't remember what prompted it. I had already made purchases.

>go to even more boomer-core Charles Schwab
>online account verified in minutes

????

FDA agreed to review their data

>want to take Nintendo profits
>know it's going to 40
This is so hard, I just want to write more calls

most studies show Firms respond to higher minimum wage by cutting hours, not heads.

So what happened to NVDA? Did they finish their share buyback programme and is now in full pumping mode?

>be CEO of multi-bn corporation
>share price too expensive for buyback
>tell the press we are lowering revenue guidance for next qtr
>share price tanks 30%
>rubbinghands.gif
>initiate buyback for cheapies
>next ER tell the price whoops we got it all wrong, guidance is actually better than we said last time
>share price pumps
>collect bonus

How is this shit legal?

This is all the money I have left. If I go broke it will be on your fault.

From an investor's standpoint what's the difference?

fuck

Attached: Capture.png (665x195, 12K)

10 shares. That's what I'll invest in your word.

Institutions buying CRMD

fuck is a bad word gwim

Fine with me
I think you shouldn't buy anything solely on someone's word, you should always do your DD before you buy something

Attached: CRMD.png (955x533, 59K)

Sort of cringe every time an analyst says "color" desu fampai

Not much, but automation is a positive trend that should be encouraged regardless, even though it will lead to a falling rate of profit.

On a macro level though, higher minimum wage may lead to higher demand for low end consumer staples (hence DG!)

Research should be used all the time.
Sadly I am more a fan of silly gambles.

>Buy the tippity top
>down 8%
>news
>up 4% after hours

Will I be alright?

Attached: IIPR.png (386x687, 103K)

Automation is only a positive trend with a smaller workforce and UBI. And since the leftys are going to bring in as many illegals as they can that's strike one and I could only support UBI if our national debt was reasonable, say below 5 trillion and there was a plan to pay for everything and at least not add to the debt. So basically, I hate automation but I love investing in it.

See MU

I've been listening to CNBC all day. I thought being good at trading was all about smarts, nope. These people are fucking morons. One of the people didn't even know what the word "loathe" meant. fucking mad money sounds like a children's show.

lost 2 grand today on KO

even with boomer stocks I get justed

fuck this simulation

Attached: 6621DA38-74A6-4839-8C98-FE83F78070A6.png (243x298, 88K)

I lost $600 on Vuzi if it makes you feel better

what do you expect from an industry that rewards people who randomly guess correctly many times in a row

That's what you get for not buying the superior PEPI-chan!

Automation is literally the process of making production more efficient, it's what drive up labor productivity in the long term. Literally the only good thing about capitalism.

What's necessary for it to be socially non disruptive is not necessarily UBI, but a shorter workweek and some kind of social ownership.

Also it will recover once they buy a company making weed drinks

That implies any of the talking heads have a positive prediction record.

It's been one of my great awakenings to realize just how little the talking heads know and how out of touch investors are from tutes to retail.

My approach has shifted from taking advice from so called experts to trying to guess herd retard behavior mainly.

ITs it’s random.

>since the leftys are going to bring in as many illegals as they can
All that matters is sustainability. There's no reason why you should want an illegal-turned-citizen to get UBI less than some uneducated southern cousinfucker other than blind nationalism.
For sustainable UBI we'd need about 150 million less people. Give everyone an IQ test and the bottom scoring 50 percent gets set adrift.

Up 24% this mont

Thanks LCI Guy
GALT Bro
REFR Dude
Dividend Man

Attached: C0AC0328-4584-4A88-8F4E-397C81E69388.jpg (600x1067, 90K)

How's that working out for you?

Everyone's doing that now. You need to predict the behavior of the retard herd of people predicting herd retard behavior.

Not bad. I'm up maybe 20% or so this year so far.

WPRT is the next big thing.

SO here’s my plan for tomorrow:
Dump MNGA
Pump NVDA
Crash the AMD market by flooding new sources with reports of enflamed GPUs

And the people who are actually good at that aren't tv personalities

Why do you even own mgna jfc it's been like 3 weeks since that penny stock pump/dump scam ended.

It’s alright, I’ll actually make a tiny profit from it, so it was a meme lesson learned with at least a thin silver lining

[please excuse this autistic ramble for a moment]

here's what a lot of people don't understand about UBI, it itself is rent, and in most forms one imposed by citizenship. The classic question is do you want money rent or rent in-kind. Adam Smith noted that anyone who receives rent will want it in kind so it doesn't decrease in value over time.

So what does an effective UBI look like in real terms, in terms of commodities? Well, in order to maintain a basic standard of living you need a certain amount of goods which changes rather slowly over time. You need food, shelter, clothes, water, ect. Now consider these goods as surplus production in the classical sense: in order to provide for someone else you must produce enough for yourself plus a surplus equivalent to what stock needs to be consumed by that other person. What automation does, then, in real terms, is constantly decrease the labor required for that surplus.

UBI in real terms is therefor quite a simple thing, the amount of labor required to meet the basic needs of the population is actually rather small compared to the total labor employed in the economy. The cost to nationalize those industries, or turn some of them into consumer owned cooperatives, and subsidize the amount required for basic sustenance will be MUCH smaller than the dollar cost amount of paying for it all as is while at the same time ensuring that you never loose value do to inflation because people are being paid out in terms of quantities of commodities instead of quantities of money.

Attached: lewd soviet girl.png (868x1025, 217K)

opportunity cost

the cousinfucker is already here, the illegal is an added cost we wouldn't otherwise have
you know well and good that doing it along IQ lines would eliminate mostly the same people, but far more people from all groups will disagree with the IQ-based discrimination on principle
it's just a shallow attempt to seem not-racist while ignoring the fact that most people of all races AND all IQs put race and culture ahead of IQ or economic status
since there's not going to be any great purge of low-IQ individuals, the best way to pursue population reduction peacefully is to NOT let groups that breed at higher rates than the natives immigrate freely, especially when most native populations in the west were heading below replacement birth rates until this mass migration plan was sped up

Please rate my portfolio and give advice - I am too poor for a financial advisor and $80k in student loan debt with a teaching degree - basically I’m a Jew Slave

Here is part 1

Attached: 34AC6737-AB01-45E0-989F-662095F7DBFD.jpg (1242x2205, 504K)

Here is part 2

Attached: FFB3C7C8-9117-43EB-AA4D-7F4B8DCD46D9.png (1242x2208, 174K)

step 1: accept that you will be in debt for the majority of your life
step 2: work 40 years like a good goy

Part 3

Attached: C4302176-6C77-4374-A20C-AEEC52B3498B.jpg (1218x2208, 515K)

A few minutes of my day to learn a potentially dangerous lesson in trading but at the microscopic level of damage.

Who's buying the Coke dip? It shot up to the top of my watchlist on today's ridiculous sell off. I'm planning to start a position tomorrow so long as it doesn't do an aftershock plunge.

Retail got hammered way too hard today. Feels kinda bart-like tbhfamtobequitehonest. Coke meets earnings: -8.4%. Fucking GOOS beats earnings by a good margin: -12.5%? Buying. Buying buying buying. Especially so when indices were overall flat today even with that shitpost about weak retail this morning.

Attached: AnimuCola.gif (500x281, 241K)

When the day of the rope is upon us I’ll be sure to dox and hang you and your kids

Attached: E5DE6863-7499-4EC2-A380-733D16D76DE8.gif (350x264, 897K)

>portfolio full of meme stocks shilled here
heh

Part 4

Attached: 1D91E0CB-9318-4D6D-AEED-1288EDB1B2E4.jpg (1242x1848, 405K)

Demographic transition has already occurred in the US, attempts to further curtail population will reduce it's international standing compared to Asia and Africa in the coming decades. The best way to reduce population globally is for Africa to go through demographic transition as soon as possible, and that means economic development.

>500 shares of SN
YIKES

FNGUUUUUU

Attached: 9.jpg (900x580, 166K)

>$80k in student loan debt with a teaching degree

Why do people pay this much to bang kids when a plane ticket to Thailand is vastly cheaper?

BP and EQNR are making large investments in renewable energy and are undervalued.
Buy BP and EQNR at a 1:2 ratio
Use DRIP and hold forever
American oil is undervalued but not moving towards the future of green energy
I'm also having an anxiety attack right now and might throw myself off my roof, but not before buying BP and EQNR for my family

Attached: FBI cat.jpg (1439x1228, 1.05M)

Not if we can make all nigs disappear

Attached: 41958855-1E95-4ED4-AA64-ECD78A59FFC6.gif (200x200, 948K)

Why do you think SN will rise?

My cost average is .25

We need to social engineer an asian fetish so we can create eurachino superhybrids

I got in very low. If I sell now I walk away with profit.

Should I post what I bought these for? Because I’m upnoj everything save for VUZI and ARLO

I’m no expert, but they haven’t been making muh progress upwards lately. $0.40 is probably an optimistic high

He should have put a E at the end and bought SNE

Ok thanks I’ll get rid of the shares considering I’m already up

Lci guy said it was a short term play

Accept BST is better

won't happen until we stop giving them aid products(probably to bolster our own production) instead of establishing more agriculture and manufacturing in their own countries
furthermore it will take too long to really bring them through all the stages of that development, meaning their population will continue to bloat and bleed out for decades more
for us it's as simple as shutting the gates - the problem would solve itself if we left them to their own devices in all spheres, instead of this globalist babysitting approach to achieve some universal living standard

>reduce it's international standing compared to Asia and Africa in the coming decades
I could not give less of a shit
This global rat race is the biggest cause of unjust conflict and wasted economic activity in the history of the planet

bought some KO end of day just in case but I really dont think its gonna rebound

Attached: large.jpg (500x281, 25K)

>There's no reason why you should want an illegal-turned-citizen to get UBI less than some uneducated southern cousinfucker other than blind nationalism
I can bring the uneducated southern cousinfucker into my group easier than some brown mystery meat since we share a more common ancestry. In one generation his offspring will be assimilated . Mystery meat will take several generations at a much higher cost.