All in BTC

I’m starting to feel like the BTC maximalists are unironically right. Is it a good idea to get rid of all alts and go 100% BTC?

Attached: 0AB0323A-1F68-42CE-AD91-6E9FB406DAE4.png (396x385, 110K)

BTC is boomer stock

I always shill splitting evenly between
BTC
ETH
[bag of shitcoins of your choosing]
so 33.3% each, don't fret about maintaining the % it's long term

Congrats, you have finally learned that at the end only BTC has value, and that the purpose of shitcoins is to scam the retards to get their bitcoin.

Most of your holdings should be either BTC or ETH. Having other of the top alts is risky, but holding literal who shitcoins is just gambling your money away.

Should of done that last year, probably still worth selling the garbage alts, and DCA'ing into BTC every few weeks. Keep your "blue chip" alts, they will appreciate more than BTC during the bull. At this point we have sideways movement, if we get another dump to $2k levels, then alts will make another lower low, likely the final one.

Conclusion: Holding alts could be risky, but looking at it from a longer perspective, it isnt such a bad idea (Im not talking about bottom of the barrel alts). Learn about why BTC has value, then you will see the scam that are alts. (Only play with alts to get more BTC)

BTC, DCR, and a smattering of coinbase shitcoins

BTC Minimalists are right in the sense that bitcoin will never be topped. But it won't be the only one to make it, there will be some altcoins that will give you a better return, but the thing is it's gonna take a lot of dedication and keeping up with the altcoins and a lot of ups and downs. Aka a lot of stress and a lot of work to keep ontop of which altcoins will survive. BITCOIN is by far the safest/ less stressful bet as you'll still make money. You can literally go all in on BTC and forget about the whole market which you can't do with alts. It's a great idea to go 100% in BTC.

maximalists* Autocorrect fucked me over there.

BTC is not private
BTC is not fungible
BTC as trade pair is getting justed by the likes of BNB
Maximalists are the heaviest bagholders, it takes sooooo much fiat to pump that BTC fatass

The only 'alt' worth holding is CHX. Once Q1 rolls around it won't matter BTCs price

Yes.

100% Yes.

Attached: B832363E-278B-4528-93D0-FFDF72A42F07.jpg (1085x810, 110K)

Yes, Jow Forums is actually a terrible place to learn about crypto and underlying value.
It's only good in a bull market for quick pumps on shitcoins.
ultimately, bitcoin is the long-term winner and it will hit 70-80k minimum next bull run.
At the same time, some alts will certainly outperform it, but most people trying to day trade will eventually fuck up.
If you just want to DCA in, buy, hold, and live your life, do this with bitcoin and come back in 3 years, you won't be disappointed.

these two get it.

Ultimately, with layer 1-2 solutions bitcoin will simply be the base layer for final settlement. smart contracts will be deployed on it, it will be SoV and currency, and will continue to be the most secure blockchain. Most others will fall away.

DCA into BTC the next 6-12 months. When signs of the bullmarket commence, use 10-20% of your portfolio to 'trade' and flip shitcoins in order to make more bitcoin. When the market overheats again (Dave asks you how to buy bitcoin, and if he needs to pool money with family because 'one costs $100k I can't afford that') then tether up, cash some out, and wait for the next bottom to buy back in.

XRP is going to be triple digits this time next year

In bear markets, btc declines less than a basket of alts. In bull markets, btc grows less than a basket of alts. I don't think it's possible to time markets except thru luck, so I try to keep my portfolio weighted toward btc, maybe 40 or 45 percent, the rest is eth, ltc, xrp and various shitcoins. I never sell anything.

So your advice is to just time the market? Great idea, thanks!

I just can't buy btc. eth is so far ahead of btc in tech.

unironically, eth is the only crypto that matters. all the blockchain tech hype is for eth, while all the "get rich fast" hype is for btc, because of normies and marketing.

I'm holding this shit for 20 years. btc won't exist in 20 years.

Attached: 1548726739911.jpg (960x873, 95K)

Attached: blockbtc_flowchart2.jpg (1545x716, 270K)

He isn't far off. As the block reward becomes more and more insignificant, we can expect each cycle's ATH to be less and less of the previous cycles.

In practice, selling X% of your BTC on the way to the top isn't a bad idea. Overall though, if your patient enough, you could just never sell. But sometimes that is not feasible.

Ultimately, there are some indicators one could use to determine when a top is near. One I will attempt to use would be to plot the percentage of BTC addresses that have held for at least a year (1-year+ UXTOs / total UXTOs) over time. You get sort of a sinusoidal curve that slowly is increasing. It helps to visual when people begin to sell, and when accumulation begins.

See image, ignore all the funky lines. Only important lines are black (BTC price), green (UXTO proportion that are 1-yr+), and yellow (UXTO trend). Basically in the next cycle, when we approach ATH, the green curve will approach the trendline. This data is not trivial to obtain, so I guess this technically is off the table for most people.

Attached: uxto.png (1366x543, 147K)

>He doesnt know about blockstream, CME, etc...
Good luck holding boomercoin.

btc and alts are dead. security tokens are the future. invest in the infilstructure. ie Own (chx) or be left behind. if you think im larping or a pajeet, i recommend you watch crypto gurus videos. hes all in sto's. so is ian shillina

>Ballina
Thanks sold 100k

Yes. It's the only crypto that exists in public opinion, everything else is considered as some weird experiments at best, usually as scams.

There will be no adoption of any cryptocurrency other than BTC, ever, that's just reality; for quick term trading and following pumps and dumps, alts are great, but not as a long term investment.

Technically, maybe something like Chia (which is supposed to be a centralized crypto-based PayPal alternative) enters the market it could become somewhat mainstream, but as it won't follow the principles of the real cryptocurrencies, it's apples to oranges.

It’s like buying gold vs betting that gold will rise in value.