The FUD is getting to me

Is this really a piece of shit?

Attached: B5BE155A-0AD1-43FD-9C0D-4D9E212B0FEC.jpg (1280x720, 45K)

Yes.
First, the business model itself is not exactly legal outside of the western world (both USA and Europe have laws against these practices now).
Second, Brave, the foundation of this whole project, is just a simple Chromium fork with a few built-in plugins, it's an extremely low-effort browser.
Judging by the fact, that Brave+BAT is like 99% marketing, 1% actual effort, you should be able to make the right conclusion.

it would work if it was like tether and the majority of the tokens were... you know... actually used for their utility and not just as speculative vehicles.
there is 0 reason why this token needs to be anything but a fixed price. but yeah, lots of dudes have huge bags of this so as soon as you try to explain to them why this should be like tether they lose their shit and freak out.

It's not the coin itself but the ad network that will make or break this coin, worth a hodl as long as you have realistic expectations.

Yes

made me laugh

Hahahaha, you bought this? Wtf people are retarded, buy neo or any other Chinese coin for real gains you twat

Attached: 1549733453596.png (323x314, 124K)

> centralized
> pre-mined
> Brave controls 1/3 of the supply of a billion tokens
> use's that supply to suppress the price so its not volatile
> unironically $1 is the upper bound as stated in their token economics white paper

You tell me user...

Also this is Brendan's attempt at an apology for fag bashing. That's why he hired a bunch of SJW's to run his company. We all know how that turns out.

sorry 1.5 billion token's

Literally a fucking scam-token though. Don't listen the the BAT bois on here either. They drank the kool-aid long ago.

The fundamental problem with Brave, in addition to what the other learned anons already mentioned, is that the business model of blocking ads and then turning them back on if you give a cut to Brave is blatantly unethical and probably illegal in many states and countries. At the very least they are going to get sued like crazy for this if not outright shut down.

>Going against Google
>Paying NEETs and pajeets to watch ads
>Thinking advertisers will buy ads on a network where NEETs and pajeets are the only ones watching ads

I don't think the 1.2 billion circulation is too outlandish considering this is the only coin with the potential to be easily accessible to the general population rather than a cabal of speculators. That said, because it's being run as a service or business its success will hinge on whether or not the browser is widely adopted and whether or not the advertising partnerships pan out. There is a good chance that the current supply is being manipulated from a central authority but there's no real proof of that I'm aware of-and that's also an arrangement that may not always be possible for that authority to maintain if BAT sees widespread use. The inability to "cash out" in the browser itself (which is supposedly forthcoming) suggests to me that BAT will be, at least at first, limited to the purchase of premium web content like netflix and hulu subscriptions which might appeal to normies but will leave a bad taste in the mouth of any coin investor. Bags may have to be held for an inordinate amount of time before this coin sees any traction is my prediction; in some ways it may have been a better idea to invest in Brave the company's stock rather than their coin.

Certainly a possibility but what about these companies parsing out personal data to often dozens of third parties without express consent of the user tho? Isn't facebook dealing with a huge settlement for that matter right now?

It's worse than BTT and LINK put together

At least it's better than SV xd

Should I sell?

hodl dude, even if it is a PIECE OF SHIT the odds of it really bottoming out are pretty low, it's pretty much guaranteed to be >$1001.00 USD EOTY minimum

Definitely especially in the EU.

Literally every negative comment in here is based on a fundamental misunderstanding of how the BAT ecosystem will work, and what Brave's model of advertising is.

I can't believe people take investment advice from this place.

PIECE

Maybe that's the workaround of it though. If every last one of these advertisers are doing something illegal in the presumption of consent for trackers and so on, then supplanting them with a controlled network of approved ads will be legally dubious but not necessarily something that could cause Brendan trouble. Can TMZ or VICE etc. as one example really sue Brave on behalf of companies employing hidden surveillance tools against users of their website without their permission?

OF

SHIT

just buy link fren

>want to replace chrome with a fork of chrome and steal ads from google
not gonna make it

>How dare somebody compete with based Google!
Too bad BAT is a PIECE OF SHIT and won't actually disrupt them.

Google can't have a monopoly on advertising you fucking brainlets.

>th-they're disabling ads! That's illegal!

No it's fucking not lmao. Websites politely ask you to turn off your adblock. There's not property right in advertising on your website. Goddamn I love Brave/BAT FUD, it's just all over the fucking place in terms of the logic bending these pajeets have to do

>How date someone compete with google
>Hey google it's your competitor can you please make your tech open source? We need it to compete with you

It's unethical to force people to be tracked without their consent, and fed ads tailored to them they also didn't consent to.

Somehow Brave is unethical? This board is retarded.

The android browser is awesome. It even has a script blocker like noscript.

As for their crypto aspirations, I don't think their idea will ever succeed.

the "it's unethical" guy has to be some kind of shill or something. He posts in every BAT thread. It's actually bizarre/astounding that

1. His #1 reason why people shouldn't invest in BAT/use Brave is some vague, ambiguous moral code that deems Google's tracking and personal data harvesting PERFECTLY ACCEPTABLE while a replacement that doesn't track, harvest, steal, or record your personal information is UNETHICAL

2. He (and a bunch of other brainlet anons) think that the Status Quo is the only ""legal"" option and that anything attempting to change is should automatically be deemed illegal/unethical/not allowed because since the Status Quo is in existence, it's clearly the only legal and ethical way to do things

this board is so fucking stupid

Attached: browser plugin token.jpg (229x221, 11K)

>Alphabet Inc./Google and Facebook are the only legal online advertising companies!!!
>everything else is illegal!!!!
>how will websites earn money without Google stealing all of our personal data and recording it without our consent :(

idiots

It's called fucking Basic Attention Token, what the retarded fuck do you think??

>mfw it's been almost 2 years since I've BTFO this shit project and warned Jow Forumsneets that they will get fucked
>mfw all those retards that argued with me got financially rekt and they didn't even get a chance to sell during the peak of the bull cause this piece of shit went only to 80 cents while every pajeet coin did 10-20x easily
>mfw people accused me of FUDing so I can accumulate more as if I'd ever touch this overvalued crap with a 10ft pole
never change Jow Forums

Attached: 1537634911005.jpg (419x480, 81K)

This is the best post on here.

I like brave, but the undirectional wallet is going to make it a tough sell to get more users. I like the fact they're giving out 40 BAT to all the new Brave users, but it doesn't mean much when you can't withdraw it.

With that being said they had 1 million users at the start of 2018 and had 5.5 million at the end of the year. I think now that they're handing out free BAT they could easily 5x their userbase again by the end of the year.

If they can start allowing users to withdraw tokens I believe that ceiling can increase tremendously.

So because what Google does is unethical, Brave is therefore ethical? You are really fucking stupid just a friendly FYI.

you can get 10 dollars worth of BAT through coinbase right now for free. I just did it myself and transferred it to a different wallet.

Brave isn't doing what Google does you absolute cretin, there is no personal data tracking/recording going on through Brave. Are you trolling?

Attached: bitcorn.jpg (871x490, 59K)

Try to follow the conversation, you fucking idiot, even if it's hard for you to juggle more than three thoughts in your head at once. Brave and Google are repugnant for different reasons.

No advertiser is going to pay Brave 75% of the cost of advertising just to pass the other 25% to basement NEETs who will only watch ads to get money. There's no benefit to them financially, the only ad viewers will be third world pajeets.

why would you buy tokens when all you have to do is browse ads in the browser?

Advertisers have no inherent right to have their content viewed. Kill yourself idiot.

>why would you buy bitcoin when you can just mine?

Same thing lad

Also, Brave is an advertising platform. They can only get advertisers if they have an audience to advertise to. So, in essence, the users of Brave are the product: they're the eyes that Brave will be selling to advertisers. You are not a product, are you user?

It's not the advertisers who are aggrieved, it's the site owners who don't want to give money to Brave. I kind of feel sorry for you that you need someone to explain this to you. It's not all that complicated, and it's been pointed out since Brave was first announced.

I didn't know it was possible to be this much of a faggot. Look up legal history of adblockers vs anybody. Just trying to imagine how massive a faggot you have to be to shill for google is making me spontaneously manifest HIV inside my asshole. I can feel it.

keep holding bat. $1000 eoy op. best project in crypto. u will make it

It's not just blocking ads, it's profiting off of putting their own ads there. It's like those malware addons that blocked ads and put others in their place. Look up the legal history of that, brainlet. They will lose in court at the very least in Europe and probably more places. If nothing else they will get burried in legal fees because people hate this kind of scummy shit.

welll... it's the mining without having to invest thousands on a rig and electricity bill tho

Brave is a good browser, BAT is a shit token. Not worth even a dime.

The site owners would still get money if verified, might not even need verification in the future hopefully

uh it's actually worth a dime and three cents brainlet

blown the FUCK out, never (You) me again dipshit.

I do not consent to be (You)'d. Do NOT reply to me, I forbid it.

PIECE

>reskinned chromium
>good

>still trying to meme this meme into existence

Yeah sorry, it's objectively better than chromium by now. This meme may have worked in 2018 but Brave's way too far along for this to be a thing

can they make it not a shit token in your estimation?

Rektd OP
Sell now

Attached: giphy-downsized.gif (250x187, 1.1M)

Brave is currently the best mobile browser by a mile. It's easily in the top 10 for desktops. This is a bigger deal then a lot of you realize. The people sitting on the outside of crypto, 10 years after the launch of BTC, will never buy it. even if it was conviently sold in Walmart. No way they'd go through kyc to "buy money". For mass adoption the process has to be completely seemless. Brave is the only project leading the pack in this regard.

Like this is it. This is the new paradigm of web 3.0 in it's infancy.

Is it really that hard to be in top 10 for desktops? I don't think I even know 10 browsers.
1. Chrome
2. Firefox
3. Safari
4. Opera
5. Edge
6. Internet Explorer
7. Idk... Chromium?
8. ?
9. ?
10. Brave

Yep. I only know of 8.

neets and pajeets are almost certainly all blocking ads currently.

There's meant to be an exchange, publishers give you the content, you consume the content for free and in exchange they display some banner ads, gifs, pre-roll ads, etc.

That's how the system works. NEET's and Pajeets do not contribute to this system. Just as they do not contribute to any facet of society.

there's also vivaldi and ungoogled chromium. the retards on Jow Forums suck each other off over the latter. buncha faggots the lot of em.

Is it unlikely to moon - yes.
Is it the best browser you can have for day-to-day stuff? Also yes

When you're betting on Bat, you're betting on Brave, which is effectively betting against Google.

Go about this from a mature perspective, use some objective reasoning - does betting against a near trillion dollar company seem reasonable to you?

Fact is, 98% of the internet-using population don't give a shit about browsers.

>99% marketing, 1% actual effort,
worked for tron