/smg/ - Stock Market General

... stock market.... edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Perviously on /SMG/:

Attached: 1545932138504.jpg (392x481, 63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

stocktwits.com/NDixon/message/153883383
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Zemurray
foxnews.com/politics/biden-almost-certain-to-run-for-president-in-2020-source-says
warosu.org/biz/thread/S12403210#p12405764
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

At this point of mania it feels like I’m short on purely on principle

evidence of Newell Cheapies

Attached: Bee3.png (302x250, 28K)

lol

Attached: 130213172813-michael-jordan-017014132-single-image-cut.jpg (641x483, 53K)

FUCK BOOMERS
FUCK ZOOMERS

Attached: 1534103185479.png (1000x1000, 88K)

Just curious, what is your best stock over the past year? Mine is easily Arrowhead Pharmaceuticals (ARWR), with about a 219% increase

>boomers still punishing Nintendo for delaying prime 4
Fucking nostalgiafags

Trump hasn't signed the CR yet. I have a feeling he's going to send it back to the kitchen and tell the ladies in congress bring him something better. Get your cheap bear shit now.

What to do now?

Attached: Screenshot_Robinhood_20190215-123039.png (1080x1920, 128K)

how do i short boomers

thoughts?

Attached: 103865237-6ED3-SB-WasARod-081216.1910x1000.jpg (1910x1000, 157K)

ACB and LPTX

>trump didn't get a trade deal
>tarrifs go to the moon after the deadline
CHEAPIES

Attached: 1550117500428.png (332x332, 126K)

Don't buy housing.

I want her to sit on my face

Attached: 1550207846231.jpg (475x462, 260K)

pray and/or kys

>he fell for the crash bear meme

Attached: 1512240787963.jpg (399x385, 29K)

Their whole pension is in stocks and bonds, so short the whole market? Maybe some boomer stocks like GE, Ford and other old stuff.

Attached: 2efaf5e6393487282f06fa6ca5283339647b8912a6433e986667681caa7c1b10.jpg (700x700, 85K)

trade deal talks are going very well

I don't have those features on my robinhood

Tetra Biopharma. It has a nice range between high 60 cents to a bit over a dollar. Three successful swings on it in 2018. Getting down in to buy territory again now.

same

Hello Mr. Donald, are you sucking pooh bear yet?

Attached: 1550191299479.jpg (1450x1443, 129K)

Prefer Liz Clayman. That red head would get rekt'd

Attached: Came.jpg (400x500, 24K)

Depends on your own personal risk tolerance and timeframe
If you aren't interested in holding GALT long term, then go ahead and take profits
I personally won't sell until this is above 10 at the very least

Buy X now?

Attached: DzF533tUUAEgb-K.jpg (1200x1181, 265K)

Reminder small specs shorts on the DOW and NASDAQ are the highest since 2002-2005

Theyre all getting fucked

Attached: dxa.png (363x390, 266K)

>I personally won't sell until this is above 10 at the very least

$10 is min target point here.

>Think me smart
>KO low
>Me buy KO
>KO keeps going down

God dammit I don't even drink soda, what the fuck.

$DEO CANT FUCKING STOP

Attached: download.jpg (235x214, 9K)

Gents
Good time to get into AMRS if for some stupid reason you arent already.
Try for 5.03

Thank galt shill you made me monies and you are now my frend. Filtered

oustanding productive meeting with Xi Jinping

Well the Yankees did win a world series with him, so the argument can be made he was worth it. However with the steroid tainting his records, his chase to almost hit 700 home runs and reach 3000 hits (which were big reasons for giving him the money) didn't net the ROI the Yankees were looking for because of the steroid bull shit. Usually the fans anticipation for stuff achievements like that would fill seats and sell tickets, but the milestones were really eclipsed. Still I mean you would always want to have a player with that kind of talent in your dug out and not the opponents. So yeah he was still worth it.

Absolute minimum (assuming they partner and don't skyrocket way past that instantly on a BO)
A BO would send it much, much higher

fair points, desu.

Absolutely. Goes over 10, wonderful, amazing, great, keep holding. But drops back from there, 10 is my get out.

When do crmd go up?

whatever happend to that retard dobber that was pumping it up at 50?

Also.. not sure why you would buy it when it just dropped on huge volume yesterday. Thats a large boat to turn around

Having a hell of time breaking through 5 and continuing though.

wew I almost fat fingered a buy instead of a sell on a $17,000 order. thank god I didnt have enough funds to complete the buy

Kind of want to scoop up some KO. My buy target was 45.50 and it's well below that at the moment.

>mid teens

Attached: 1549997124366s.jpg (124x125, 2K)

I hopped in and put very tight stop at high 44.

Options expire today, MMs don't want to lose money on $5 calls

>I hopped in and put very tight stop at high 44.
Awesome.. i'm going to put a buy at 43.99

Should go back up next week, I'm guessing

fucking meme holidays hindering my gambling addiction
fuck marthin luther king and president's day

>he didn't buy REFR

stocktwits.com/NDixon/message/153883383

Attached: IIT+Retrofit-2.gif (480x270, 3.26M)

How many anons here go for short term gambles vs long term /mailboxmoney/? I’m long in the mailbox game but have 5 Gs sitting around waiting to be invested and I wanted to go for a short term flip. What are you guys flipping right now?

You should try writing a call that's super deep in the money. You can get a 30% premium for a one week contract

WHO IS JOHN GALECTIN THERAPEUTICS, INC?

they say he lives on an island....

[muffled RRREEEEEE sounds]

Bought options because I see this crawling up to 5 during summer

Attached: Screenshot_20190215-140746_Gallery.jpg (1080x2220, 191K)

Based

Sell and diversify

[muffled moans from your mom's bedroom]

Use the proceeds of short term gambles to secure more mailbox money.

>10 niggers paid $20 a piece to "boycott" amazon
lol

>noisily pleasuring yourself in somebody's mom's bedroom while she's at work.
Eh, whatever gets you off, I guess.

MNGA

DING DING DING, that sound means it's time to be net short gold.

You should get robinhood gold.

holding gold if a comfy hedge

Red pill me on this company please.

lol, gold is market neutral, we're going to see a decline in equities and gold going into sour hour. Just trade the trade and get a few extra shekels on this price action.

I'm not talking about the market. 80% of my assets are tied the US dollar (equities, property, savings, bonds, etc.), so the gold serves as a hedge against king dollar falling one day. Based on the demographic shifts and outstanding debt, it helps me sleep at night.

They suck and they cost /SMG/ retards a lot of money

It's a garbage natural gas stock that's cost this board thousands of dollars. The claim to have some natural gas tech that's amazing, but some are saying it's bullshit. Either way, revenues are up but the stock is still down 99%. Play at your own risk.

they don't make money, they reverse split and immediately followed that up with a new public offering. I mean this company is basically taking a page out of the greek shipping play book, but there's definitely movement in the price and you can grab a few shekels on it if you're lucky. I mean it's just a company that continues to dilute and fuck over share holders. I wouldn't bother with it.

apparently Bezos considered launching a hostile takeover of the National Enquier

>One possibility they apparently considered was for Bezos to buy AMI, not kill the story (???), and I suppose, once in possession of AMI’s records, find out who leaked the information to the Enquirer.

>et’s just imagine if it had happened! Imagine if a tabloid owned by a public company threatened to publish nudes of Jeff Bezos, and Jeff Bezos just lobbed in a hostile bid—funded by his personal fortune, not by Amazon—to buy the publisher at a premium. He would have to put out a tender-offer disclosure document, and in the “Purpose of the Offer” section he would just write “revenge,” and in the “Plans for the Target” section he could write “I am going to find out who leaked my nudes and exact ruinous vengeance on them, and that’s it, I haven’t thought about any other plans.” And then management and Bezos would make their respective cases to shareholders: Management and its investment bankers would put together a detailed slide deck explaining their long-term business plans and financial projections, while Bezos would put out two slides, one saying “Vengeance Will Be Mine” over that picture of him looking buff in a vest, and the other printing the price of his all-cash offer in a really big font. And then management’s investment bankers would issue an opinion saying that Bezos’s offer was inadequate and he’d be like “fine double it then, I don’t care, how much could a newspaper publisher possibly cost, do you know how rich I am.” And politicians would rail against short-termism in corporate America, and point to the fact that valuable productive companies could be bought by corporate raiders just to strip them down to a single piece of information, and Bezos would be like “yes that’s true but have you considered how much money I have.”

fucking based.

Attached: 1536693472027.png (1000x636, 1.04M)

>he fell for the gold scam
lmao just buy treasuries

most newbs have to learn the hard way 99% of penny stocks are scams

So you DID fat finger the buy, it was only your poverty that prevented the order from being placed.

Mine was RSII. Ever since then I've known that penny stocks are degenerate gambling and played less money in them.

>lmao just buy treasuries

Attached: 1548366573005.jpg (763x771, 60K)

If I was fucking stupid rich instead of philathropy projects I would just be a giant douche and do shit like this.

its been a better hedge against the dollar historically but what do you know ;P

Is IIPR the fastest and safest way to make it?

>fastest
>safest
pick one

correct.

Stop shitposting Peter. Gold is never going to be a thing again

Attached: JUST.jpg (1006x924, 361K)

I'd be more of the "hire a private army to take over a country to sell bananas" kind of guy.

>Zemurray contracted two mercenaries, Guy "Machine Gun" Molony and Lee Christmas, who along with Bonilla devised a plan to overthrow the Honduran government. Zemurray smuggled Bonilla back to Honduras, along with a ship full of powerful weapons, and Bonilla was successfully returned to power in a military coup. Bonilla then granted Zemurray the land concessions and low taxes that saved his business.

>In 1930, Zemurray sold his company, Cuyamel Fruit, to the rival United Fruit Company[2] of Boston for $31.5 million in stock, and retired.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Zemurray

oh and as a follow up:

>United Fruit suffered financially because of mismanagement and the Great Depression, so much so that its stock declined in value by 90% after it acquired Cuyamel.[4] This encouraged Zemurray to return to the banana business by buying a controlling share of United Fruit and voting out the board of directors. Zemurray reorganized the company, decentralized decision-making and made the company profitable once more.

Sold my atvi at a loss to buy more Galt. Hope it works out.

Attached: 1550170778534.gif (268x268, 1.61M)

I picked both though

foxnews.com/politics/biden-almost-certain-to-run-for-president-in-2020-source-says

awe fuck, what was that stupid fucking shit I was supposed to throw a grand in if this guy makes an announcement he's running?

MAN I LOVE OWNING REFR

>76 years old
would Biden be the first president in diapers?

if you said TIPS maybe. not just regular ones.

i wish i didnt feel like i had to have some. it's only 4% of assets

LCI

warosu.org/biz/thread/S12403210#p12405764

holy god wtf is happening today!? surely this will crash

nah that'd be woodrow wilson after he stroked out and had his wife running the country,

How can Boeing be so powerful?

I'm about to sell 40k in IWB and buy 10k KBWY, 10k FALN, and wait until MJ hits $27 to buy 20k in it. I'm a long-term investor, so how retarded does this sound?

Attached: jou-15-launch-the-fleet.jpg (672x936, 241K)

and if he wins the primary I have to move it to ford

BST's premium decreased today, (((someone))) thinks the market will tank

H△TE
Can we get a power hour boost on NWL please

Attached: bodys.png (786x527, 385K)