Is junk silver the preferred silver of Jow Forums?

Well is it? If not, what should we be buying?

Attached: F5FF2C92-44F4-4B27-8BAD-E337CAC0C4AB.jpg (600x399, 62K)

Other urls found in this thread:

jmbullion.com/2019-5-oz-atb-lowell-national-historical-park-silver-coin/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Is silver really junk? Love how pawn shops portray precious metals as junk.

>Is silver really junk? Love how pawn shops portray precious metals as junk.

I wonder/think the same thing. If fiat currency is going to collapse, and real money is needed, why wouldn’t it be the cheapest possible government currency?

Attached: 79186A71-655C-4225-9E70-A3BE1EBFE20E.jpg (1024x693, 97K)

Gold grams or ounces

How do I get the best price on gold?

Canadian Maples have the highest purity and are generally cheaper per onz.

Personally I stack ASEs
The smallest denomination I would buy gold in is 1/10th oz. buying a single gram of gold is a waste

Premiums on grams are super high, not worth it.

I buy only half ounce and up. If you write a check to pay online or go to a local shop it's a much better buy

>Personally I stack ASEs
BASED!
Just picked up another 20 stack today. I only buy instore cash because its cheaper than any online dealer and they cant track me

I used to buy silver rounds. Lowest premium over spot price. If you have enough small units to barter or whatever when the world ends, silver bars also offer a low price over spot

Perth Mint are just as pure

They consider it "junk" because the coons have been handled so often some of the silver has rubbed off and the coins aren't the standard weight anymore.

its considered ''junk'' since its been rubbed down and is normally has a 10% impurity in it

>fall for silver meme 5 years ago
>still has not mooned
>if I spent that money on crypto I'd have way more fucking money

it's incredibly satisfying to look at and hold so I don't completely regret it. If I spend all the money I spent on drugs on silver, I'd be doing even better so whatever.

You can always detarnish junk silver.

Silver eagles all the way.

Attached: burger.jpg (1162x850, 255K)

Based Perthposter

I was buying just cheap generic bullion because I wasn’t interested in collectible value. I figured all that matters is the silver content.

More recently I’ve realized, that in an emergency situation an ASE is going to be easier to validate as non-counterfeit over some generic Christmas bar. So I’ll pay an extra buck or two over spot to someday be able to flip them easier if the world is completely melting down. Or worst case scenario and the economy doesn’t implode, I can get some of them graded for that extra numismatic dollar.

I do ASE because I’m in the US, if you’re a leaf I’d do maples, etc.

everyone need more junk in their trunk
>legal tender
>known purity
>collectable
>more divisibility per ounce
>among the highest premiums over spot when market gets shitty

You retards, it's called "junk" silver because it isn't pure silver. A silver spoon, a silver quarter, and a silver chain are all considered "junk" silver because they're less than 99.9% pure

I like these coins for their 10% copper content. Copper prices are expected to rise significantly over the next few years.

I have silver APMEX bars that I wipe down with a paper towel everytime I touch them do they still rub off?

How can I buy silver bars near spot price if they are seemingly unavailable in my country and buying online abroad requires me to pay 25% VAT?

these bad boys

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

easily recognisable, small denominations not bad to have some. split your silver stacking into Government minted junk silver, ASE's and stacks of kilo bars

Unironically yes stop fucking wiping it Jesus

>more divisibility per ounce
This too. It used to be a whole days wage was paid out to you in a silver dime. For one reason or another if society is upside down, a Troy ounce of silver is a lot to trade for a can of beans or a loaf of bread. I plan to accumulate a few more rolls of junk dimes , maybe quarters too. It’s going to be the lowest denomination of /real money/ I could spend (fuck off with your war nickels).

>touching it with your bare hands
disgusting

Just purchased pic related (Right)

jmbullion.com/2019-5-oz-atb-lowell-national-historical-park-silver-coin/

Attached: 5oz_America_the_Beautiful_Bullion_(comparison).jpg (3264x1840, 3.03M)

aaaaaaaaayjup

Attached: silveeer.jpg (1280x960, 118K)

If you're going gold/plat I'd go for 1oz maples, they have the best anti-counterfeiting atm

Silver is cheap, just buy it in whatever form you like the most. 99.9+ makes more sense to me, but if you can get junk at low/no premium you can potentially flip for higher premiums later, a few years ago US junk silver suddenly spiked to $5+ premium per ounce, no idea why.

Doesn't have a lizard in human skin on the obverse which is always nice

leaf silver tarnishes pretty quick tho

What if you never touch them and keep them in the roll they came in?

Only the new ones with the weird narrow ridges all over them

Buy it all, I only have kilo bars and Australian pre decimal coins for now but if you believe the silver meme, buy whatever you can

Attached: _20190205_014124.jpg (5504x3096, 3.56M)

30 yr old boomer here

Buy silver for the spot price ONLY. That premium your paying? You'll never see it uess the price of spot rises. When you try and sell your silver you'll be getting less then spot, even on those fancy eagle BU. The ones with collector or rarity value, cut that value in half when you try and sell.

Buy junk silver for a little over spot, sell it a little under spot. Hope the price has increased so you didnt lose money

The best buy right now is the 2 ounce Queen's Beast series. Lowest premium over spot for govt. bullion plus numismatic upside. Why are you idiots buying anything else?

All silver tarnishes the same brainlets, you're not supposed to touch it. Maples suck because of milk spots not because they tarnish more.

whats the point of having physical sheckels if you cant rubb them

I like buying sovereigns with cash

Bump

Junk is good but I prefer Eagles, Libertads and 10 oz bars.

what the fuck is a milk spot

discolouration that affects the coin in patches

leaf coins were particularly susceptible to this - read that they changed something in 2018 but not sure if that's improved things

Doesn't really change any bullion value, but annoying if you bought anything at a premium over spot for it's looks only for milk spot to appear

Attached: 20141219_2014_BaldEagle_spots_1.jpg (800x532, 66K)

>junk silver
i would never touch it chinks are actually good at faking old grimey coins. only new bullion with fine detailed security features laser micro etching and holographics

Its worth its weight x purity level x spot price.