Did anyone else lose more than I did?

>Peaked at $350,000 in Jan '17
>Currently sitting at $9,000 in Jan '19
Im unemployed too and literally living with my dad where he pays for everything. Everyday I want to stab myself I want this pain to just end.

Attached: 1550283530358.png (446x435, 81K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u5if6nV0jAY&feature=youtu.be
investorshub.advfn.com/boards/Profile.aspx?user=1551
news.bitcoin.com/france-rejects-cryptocurrency-friendly-tax-amendments/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Meme numbers on Blockfolio don't count as having actual value. If you had $350,000 in your bank account, then we're talking about reality.

And you really didn’t think to cash out even 100k? Yeesh

17? how did you peak before the 17 bullrun in december?

This.

You could theoretically buy 1 billion shitcoins, pump the price artificially to $1 and have $1billion on blockfolio

$600k at peak
$19k right now.

Attached: 1549878303987.jpg (1024x1024, 216K)

At this point I honestly think over half of Jow Forums are eternal bag holders

Peak 250k, currently 30k. I have 450k in other assets though. I know I'm significantly less JUSTed than you, but my advice would be to come to terms with the fact that you're most likely never getting the money back. Even if crypto pumps hard, you would be very lucky to get even just a 5x. Chances are that you'll never turn that 9k into anywhere near what you lost from ATH. If you keep dreaming about it you'll end up wasting years of your life. Let go and move on. If crypto moons, great, but try to forget about it for now and focus on other things in your life.

meant jan '18

I have 350,000 req though if it
hits $10 thats 3.5 mill.

>if
Dude, that's a total shitcoin with no use case. I'll grow a second dick before that reaches even 1$ let alone 10$...If you're gambling, there're much better bets out there.

if Link makes it Req will too though r-right. Theyre best bros.

I wanted to tether up so bad but biz said it was a scam.

Yes, of course. Keep waiting forever in hollow hope. At least throw your money in something that has a chance of doing something. LINK is the obvious choice. CHX, QNT and HOT too. Don't fuck this up. You still have a chance to make an amazing amount in a few years. Just gotta choose carefully. All the other shitcoins are going to hell.

peak 1.8mil
now ~150k
ddin't sell shit.REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I COULD HAVE RETIRe

greed is a bitch. Easy come easy go. Nobody who worked for 1.8 mil would let it slip away. Only a retard hanging on to internet money sitting on his ass all day will let something like this happen. Live and learn.

only way you bagholder will ever make your money back is by holding chx for a couple of years

My reasoning was I was going to pay 60% to taxes if I were to cash out so might as well hold onto them. who knew it can drop more than 60%

Wew I had 100k at peak and got double what you got

again, retard in action. No honest working adult would pass the chance to clear $800k for doing nothing. Admit it, you were a greedy little bitch.

Of course he was being greedy, but that doesn't make it an easy decision. Perhaps he could clear it at a lower tax rate if he waited it out. I know a lot of Germans wanted to wait 1 year before cashing out because it would result in 0% tax on gains. In that situation, you get "paid" several 100k for waiting a few more months. If he invested 20k you would probably have told him to cash out once he hit 60k too..

My point is $800k...that's a lot of money anywhere in the world mate. For doing nothing. Don't come spouting some bullshit about $60k, nobody said that but you.

How much did you make from the bullrun though? You'd have to be insane and "greedy" in some people's minds to hold something like ETH from $7 up to $1000, rather than selling at $200. But you'd be much richer if you did.

Basically I don't think greed is the best way to explain it. It's more lack of understanding and poor risk management/strategy.

10m at peak, 1m now....not even kidding.

Damn, what were you holding?

My point was that most people who had 7 figures at ATH had already made extremely "greedy" decisions before that. A conservative investor would most likely never have gotten anywhere near 1.8 MM.

Within next 5 years i'm sure you will get that money back, be patient.

not a bag holder, these coins have real value, never gonna sell.

This wasn't as easy as you think. For one, the peak was extremely short lived. For two, depending where you live, even in many (most?) first world nations, cashing out that amount of crypto is very difficult even now (let alone a year ago), and the counterparty risk is enormous. And moreover the only stablecoin back then was Tether, which has been a ticking FUD timebomb forever, it would take massive balls even now to tether up that sort of position.

>thread theme:

youtube.com/watch?v=u5if6nV0jAY&feature=youtu.be

Attached: 1549859575647.jpg (250x247, 6K)

15% of my money is in chainlink 5% is in other crypto projects 10% is in savings and the rest of the 70% i recieve 1% every month for 70 months. How fucked is my portfolio?

If you didn’t cash out then you really didn’t lose anything because you never gained anything to lose, aside from initial investment of course.

user gets it
i live in francistan, effective crypto tax rate in jan 2018 for €100k+ gains was !80%!
talk about clearing money for free all you want, could you actually live with FOUR FIFTHS of your money taken by the state to feed sandniggers?! as a frog i have to live every day seeing my neighbors become a little bit browner, this is just adding insult to injury
not to mention i'm not a fiat-obsessed mong... i'm in crypto to hedge against hyperinflation and european collapse or confiscation. i wish i had sold the top, but only so i could have bought the bottom

>the rest of the 70% i recieve 1% every month for 70 months

What is this? an annuity? how do you make money from this?

Something like that. Its a monthly insurance payout. A fixed amound of dollars every month until i have what they owe me.

this is just coping
selling is a magical act of turning meme numbers to real numbers

$300k to $15k here. Originally bought into crypto for $6k and I have more than enough traditional funds and fiat to float me for some years so its not that bad for me. I also learned a lot and am positioned to go into the tens of millions before 2h 2020, whether a general bullrun happens or not.

>Everyone forgot about nano dude.
>he stated he was from Madagascar
>he had 5 years of life savings
>he bought 100k at .05
>constant screenshots
>when it hit $30 everyone told him to sell
>he peaked at 3M
>said he will hold and wait
>massive drop
>went dark
>zero communication
I think it’s save to say that he was the ultimate Just. Guy went from 1,000 to 3M. Greed is powerful.

Attached: E20744F7-4224-421E-8D51-8AC1F411F25D.jpg (356x316, 37K)

>If you didn’t cash out then you really didn’t lose anything because you never gained anything to lose, aside from initial investment of course.
this kind of mental gymnastics leads to bad choices. always think about your investments as if you're continuously cashing out and deciding to cash in again every nanosecond as a conscious decision, because holding is the same as buying if you had the cash and not the asset.

I disagree. The ability to know when to get out is just as important as when to enter. If you are unable to do that, then I don't care what you're peak account value was, you don't actually have anything of value. It's analogous to the guys stuck in the high school days saying they were NFL bound if it weren't for their bum knee. Either your body was in shape to handle the burden of an athlete career or it wasn't. Either you actually exited the trade and made the money or you didn't.

You're thinking the wrong way. Everything is an investment including fiat currencies. If the bank fails you lost your money. If inflation hits you lost your money. Prior to fiat people traded investments for other investments. Goats for gold or food/crops to plant. Gold became a standard at one point because it could be devided into any amount that was useful for trade, it had industry and jewelry uses, and there was enough of it for everybody while at the same time being hard to find in large quantities and impossible to replicate. Fiat is a standard because it is enforced by the governments and militaries of the world. Gold is illegal to own or transport over boarders in many countries. Gold was illegal to own in america from 1930-1970. Everyone literally had to trade their gold into the bank in exchange for a gold backed certificate in 1930. Remember user everything is an investment. You need to know when to exit usd as well.

>just HODL bro

The most expensive meme ever created.

how much have you put in though user?

are you ok? spoiler alert, you're not

What are stable coins? Jesus, the absolute state of biz.

user, mind sharing any exit strategies you employ? ie, percentage? time? ta indicators et al?

there was only one 'stable coin' back then and it was tether and (((Jow Forums))) told us not to use it because it was a scam

This essentially.

This retard is going to make non-stop shit "investments" thinking he's diversifying his funds while wondering why all his assets are drying up.

If you know how to cash out, then do it you fucking retards, and don't come on here whining about how you lost millions when you never had them to begin with, fucking retards.

I guess BNB was an alternative in a sense. Tether was and is a scam that could have blown up any time as far as anyone knew. Good for the anons who tethered that the people behind bitfinex and tether didn't get pushed/exposed enough to get scared into simply exit scamming.

And you believe everything you hear on biz?
Why would someone try to convince you tether was a bad choice at the peak of Jan 18 frenzy ??
Tether was one of the few ways to lock in a price on your returns without dealing with tax/cash out and banks back then.
You probably beleived the same malicious trolls who are telling you link is a scam.
The internet is not a friendly place new fren, dyor.

Everyone is shilling link fuck face. There were legit reasons to be afraid tether would cause the crypto crash. Noone knew if tether even had the funds required to maintain the 1usd price and tether was being very private on the companies funds or how they maintained the 1usd. Tether was investigated by tge government last year as well. Anons were also saying that the btc etf would cause the crypto crash and it actually did.

the evidence at the time was extremely convincing, still is. read the paper trail from European banks to Carribbean shells, a non-user followed it all - great research. the auditor had just walked out the door at the time and the climate was tense. those tether pumps were insane - ha - bringing back some memories now

I think this so called crash you speak of is just a market cycle. Imagine holding your btc like a new born baby since 2010 or 2014, jan 2018 was 'made it o'clock' for lots of people.
And there's good reason every fuck face is shilling link. It's clear that btc is moving into link in waves. Compare both charts and see what the other does. The manipulation is still real.

noted, look and learn how to hide a pump in a dump

Bingo. Millions have entered link but nothing of significance has left despite autists screaming about the price dumping every 5 minutes. If people zoom out a little and check the weekly or monthly.

it is sad because same numbers for me/

The release of futures allows speculators to pretend to hold an asset by betting on its future price with usd payouts and provide an easy to use/normie friendly user interface. If people don't bet on btc by buying btc then btc loses momentum it would have had and people start to cash out.

Im aware of market cycles and btc was due for a crash yes but please explain how futures are always released at the peak of every bubble. Manipulation of markets is illegal or carries heavy fines. In order to avoid being called out for obvious manipulation futures are always released during obvious bubbles. Pic related. Btc was slow expensive and difficult to learn to buy. The release if futures would of caused a crash no matter when they released it.

Attached: 1526513291551.jpg (958x515, 73K)

link is the shitcoin you pick? There's 50 better cryptos over LINK. You idiots have been screaming about link for over a year now

Also pic related. Cme futures were the obvioys cause of the crash in uranium.

Attached: DSen6VcVwAIWMI2.jpg_large.jpg (377x261, 19K)

ATH 19,039,393,297
Current 960,028,839

>Im unemployed too and literally living with my dad where he pays for everything. Everyday I want to stab myself I want this pain to just end.
Whenever a neet in this board belittles you for being a "wagie", remember that most of these "liberated" smug neets are actually parasites that just want to die every day because of how much of a burden they know to be to their relatives.

Okay french nigger i have to agree i'd rather not get 100k if it means 400k goez to rapefugees

Do we tell him?

S-sorry user, that's not gonna happen.

That same greed got him to the peak though. If it weren't for greed he wouldn't have reached that amount.

This, nd it even counts for shit in the red but who are you trying to teach lol

This. I likely would have put some in TUSD or USDC or DAI but not Tether.

Depends how much money you have. If it's $100 then you only have $10 in savings and I wouldn't recommend gambling on Chainlink and crypto.

So at what portfolio value does my distribution become ok?

idk $200k...just post the amount what difference does it make

Its over 200k.

>have 30k of shitcoin
>decide to sell it for pennies since it goes nowhere
>later discover that it was pumped to 3$ per coin

Attached: 1261682042881.jpg (467x528, 34K)

how could you have done that?
were you gambling on bitmex?

$950k to $115k

Im retarded for not selling NEO at $100.

no larp. 1.1 mil. currently at 20k. i cashed.out 25k and spent almost all of it on asian hookers so not a total waste

Sorry frogbro.
You should get a romanian citizenship asap. Not even kidding
This year the gov't regulated a 10-16% for fiat gains from crypto. Gains aka money out in fiat minus the initial investment.

This

>just cash out bro
not that simple

>>just cash out bro
>not that simple

Yes it is

Yeah you sum it up well.

No it is not, you have no clue what you are talking about.

Counterparty risk is a big problem with all the sketchy shit exchanges that can decide to freeze your account at any time with no warning.

Tether is extremely risky and it is impossible to sleep through the night knowing you can wake up seeing the scam exposed and your tether being worth 0

There are only a handful of banks that allow any traffic from crypto exchanges and opening accounts with them is a massive pain in the ass, not to mention it usually takes weeks if not months to go through their KYC/AML bullshit

>It's more lack of understanding and poor risk management/strategy.
If I was an experienced enough trader back then, I would've sold at the top. You're right. I don't understand the market during the peak of the bull run. Nobody here did.

These stories are also a good reminder that now that everyone knows the trick and have learned the lesson, another bullrun so scary is never coming back. At least not one based on speculation.

It makes my eyes bleed reading about all yous shitcoin baggies. Do real due diligence on VYST this long weekend and save yourself / recoup some losses. You’re welcome. I know you won’t even get off your lazy butts to read filings or other people’s spoonfed DD but I had to try. Where’s my bleach.

Just read this guys’ posts. investorshub.advfn.com/boards/Profile.aspx?user=1551

If I would have had more experience with futures and margin trading I would have opened a 5-10x short from like 17k btc instead of opening just a 1x short like a pussy. Could have actually saved my portfolio...

>Jan '17
how the fuck could you lose money during the 2017 bullrun?

Pretty sure its 30 or 36.2% not anywhere near 80%

news.bitcoin.com/france-rejects-cryptocurrency-friendly-tax-amendments/

Attached: Screenshot_20190216-094714.png (1080x2220, 328K)

There is a guy who put one million USD into EOS RAM near the peak of the RAM bubble. I still see this fucker on r/EOS saying

> RAM has got to recover man!!

Nobody got fucked harder and dumber than this fucking guy.

I went from 800k to 25k
Gonna kms soon if it doesnt move up till october

why are you guys holding shitcoins?
desire to lose?

Went from 2k to 270k, now holding a pathetic 14k.

Holding ICX was the biggest mistake of my life.

you got greedy. know when to get out. set a goal and get out.

You're describing a poor person, not an "honest working adult"

This
This

This guy knows

I'm in a sort of purgatory where I 2x-4x my money every few months and then my portfolio slowly bleeds out. I can't escape. My ATH was $200k and I've reached that twice, and I've reached 175k-185k three or four times. I've dipped back to 90k, 50k, 130k, 75k, and 110k each time. Do I just throw in the towel once I reach my fated 175-200k? Why can't I cross that threshold? Every time I reach it, I think, "Okay, this is the time. If I sell now, it will 5x, and I'll miss out on being a millionaire." And every single time, my portfolio gets cut in half, or worse. Every. Single. Time. I'm currently at 148k and I'm starting to wonder whether or not I'm being played with by some divine entity, like a cat does with a mouse before killing it.

Attached: 21431541351251.jpg (629x505, 33K)

why not take out 100k every time you reach 200k? or better yet just 50k every time you reach 100k since you're so good at this getting from 50k to 100k should be relatively easy, this way you actually have something in your pocket even if your portfolio bleeds.

btw how are you this?

>why not take out 100k every time you reach 200k?
I don't know why 200k the magic number. Part of the game is that I require the given amount of capital to reach those figures, so if I take half out, I cap my max upswing to half again. I guess some part of me just thinks that I should be able to overcome that hurdle and break into the next layer of the atmosphere.

is OP retarded? absolutely, but if he was holding BTC or ETH he'd still have around 50-75k. and in 2 years that will probably be 500k. OP paid the price by holding shitcoins like TRX, XVG, etc.

unlike most people here I already make more money than I can spend at my day job so crypto is just a side gig. and I plan on making my first million with ETH.

Why are you bullish on ETH long term?

That's interesting, I also struggled to break 200.
First time in Dec 2017, down to 60k, then in April, then down to 110k. Then in summer 2018 I finally broke it and reached 650k now. Million is so close...

If you don't lose money in these market conditions you'll certainly make it in the next bullrun, that's my opinion. If a next bullrun happens.

>Then in summer 2018 I finally broke it and reached 650k now
What changed? Help me!