Pokemon card market?

Are Pokemon cards actually becoming valuable? Or are they still worth lunch money? Even the supposedly most valuable set (base set). Is it worth it to get your base set collection graded from the 90's?

Attached: A14wLNkt2iL._SY606_.jpg (432x606, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cDZfh5IjGv8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

95% of the CCG market is money laundering.

The other 5% are autistics who don't realize what the 95% are doing and believe their cardboard cards are actually worth something.

I don’t care, what can I get for my first edition charizard

how do people launder money with cards?

thats not what I asked but ok

Based and redpilled

c'mon user, use your head. They buy them with dirty money, sell them for clean money.

Still worth lunch money for the most part. The only ones with any value are the shadowless 1st edition cards, and even then they must be PSA 9 or 10, or the value plummets. Even then, it's only specific rare cards that fetch really high prices.

How money go?

i've got three unopened starter packs. U N O P E N E D

imagine you invested buying packs to sell way later but they are still worth nothing lmao

What brought you to this conclusion?

Magic the gathering is the real money maker

It all bullshit look at ebay none of these scam cards are selling

I've got shit loads of shinny "RARE" cards from 2004 worth fucking nothing

Hi, Rudy here from Alpha Investments, what can I do for you today?

$30 I saw some card valuer saying that's what it's on the market for.

This happened to me and csgo cases i bought like 2000 Phoenix cases for 1 or 2ct

condition is key. if you didn't play with them and kept them in a binder there might be some potential. if you did play and trade with them as a kid they're probably not worth any crazy money.

i kinda disagree with i don't think it's 95% and i think CCG is off most normie money launderers radars. that being said i think there's a ton of money laundering going on at traditional auctions (not auctions with a digital money trace like ebay) where people can bid anonymously and pay in cash. the prices at traditional auctions are inflated as fuck compared to online auctions. how it works is you have cash from dealing drugs or whatever and you can't just deposit your profits at the bank because they'll ask questions about where the money came from. so you buy some antiques or whatever and the auction house and the authorities turn a blind eye to what you're doing. then you can act like you had the antiques all along and when you sell them the money that comes in is clean and you don't even have to pay a business tax on it since you're just selling them from your private collection.

like this for example most of the prices were irrationally high
youtube.com/watch?v=cDZfh5IjGv8

Yea anything sold in mass as collectables will never be a worth anything for the most part. Baseball cards, Bean Babies, comic books, Yugimon Z cards etc. All an old school pump and dump

I found my holographic charzard and sold it for around 100. Most of my other cards were only worth a few cents. Look into what’s selling high on eBay so you get an idea, and if your cards are still in good shape, definitely get them graded

imagine being this dumb

fuck you my desert storm trading cards are investments

Kek I still have mine too!

I had a bunch of cards one time but they suddenly vanished. I think someone stole them.

This. Me and my siblings had a bunch but many of them disappeared. There was also some older kid (maybe 13) that tricked us into trading 1 shiny card for 2 johto cards when they were new before my mom stopped us from doing it, what a freaking fool I was. Really irks me that we got ripped off, I was like 6 years old

>he didn't sell at the top during the PKGO fad