/smg/ - Stock Market General

thanks but no thanks edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

bffs for every:

Attached: Gtshindol+no+thank+you+i+like+being+_913c07011da7c50484fa2f3b9a50d522.png (1267x811, 487K)

when new SPX ATH?

Attached: 1550302547417.gif (220x220, 16K)

Some do some don't, but you can by bonds that are indexed to inflation like TIPS that are basically risk free. Whenever you buy normal bonds though you're making a bet on what the future of inflation looks like, though.

Attached: b49.gif (438x363, 2.29M)

Never thought I'd see the day when I hate weekends.

>tfw missed out on REFR
Give other cheap stocks.

MNGA is very cheap

So I've spent around 150 dollars in robinhood and ~75 wrapped up in Acorns

I actually lost money in Robinhood (around 70 bucks thanks MGNA) and only have made a few bucks from Acorns. I just don't really want to deal with paying for a premium service with Schedule D since that's what I'm using to do my taxes still. (I just don't have complicated taxes)

Attached: 1542513717689.jpg (198x315, 36K)

Sorry I thought I posted the question but my question is "Do i have to worry about reporting any of this?"

and also for the record, I never got a 1099

The reason you lost money on Robinhood was because of how you chose to allocate it
Acorns probably invested it in ETFs or low risk dividend stocks, whereas you put a lot of money into one penny stock
The lesson here is get better risk management and do research on stocks before you buy them

Also, since you lost more than you made, you don't have to pay taxes on it
You can deduct money equal to your capital losses (up to a certain point) from the amount of money you have to pay on your tax return

buy as much as you can. take out loans if you have to.

Attached: ecr.png (1061x543, 61K)

To sell or not sell before report date on short term trades?

I decided, after much deliberation, I will not be purchasing BGS and will sell my 100 shares of KHC for more MKC at the open tomorrow.

Thank you.

Refr went down below 2.7 on friday. Pick it up monday or wait until after the next run, it may dip to 2.7 again (or the new support could end up be 3)

I don't have to do taxes if I only started investing in January right?

>buy 1.11
>stop loss 1.01
You're gonna get fucked on Tuesday when it drops to 1 in power hour and then jumps to 1.2

yeah, that's for playing the bullish engulfing. buy around 1.14 with stop at .90 to play the inverse head and shoulders.

Is there any way for an individual who isn’t a market-maker to view the stop loss orders place for a given stock?

Why, in TYOOL 2015+4 is an electronic exchange closed on the weekend

Attached: 1549262002664.jpg (388x341, 15K)

why did the janny delete this?

Attached: 1531979169177.jpg (110x125, 2K)

It's gonna smack in to the 2800 wall and wiggke around for a bit before making a decision about up or down. If 2800 breaks, new ATH will be forthcoming.

Correct. Not until 2020.

Brokers Union

The same reason the keep deleting my perfectly sfw yaoi pictures

I would argue that the broker isn't needed for the transaction since it's done by a computer, but i'm sure that's exactly why the union exists.

I literally can't stop accumulating KDP.

What a product line. What management.

Truly the elite beverage company, with it's 300% 5 year gains being a testament.

Even now, the mainstream media ignores this company. Coke vs. Pepsi who will emerge from the decline in soda sales? Meanwhile Dr. Pepper is shattering earnings ever quarter.

I will retire off KDP. This is like buying Coke in the 60s.

I bought two $50 savings bonds with my tax refund. They have Helen Keller on them.

The Keurig coffee machines seem to be getting traction in offices. My wagey gig has one. I don't know why you would use one at home as the things are kind of slow and finicky, not really time savings over regular dripper.

Gross.

More BGS for me

Attached: goodbye (2).jpg (1080x1920, 268K)

Cheers friend. I'm gonna start diversifying my portfolio more and maybe invest in some more ETFs myself. I'm starting small, so no water off my back

GET RICH FAST. Take out as many loans as you can. Sell everything you own. Never bet on black. GET RICH FAST

They're actually super quick and convenient. They're popular because of all the fancy flavors you can purchase and how quickly it will make a cup. Maybe your wagecage just has an older model.

Can you give me a quick rundown on why you like BGS so much?

How safe is the 7% dividend, that is kind of a red flag for me as you don't see that sort of dividend unless the company is fucked. Their debt seems unsustainable as well which doesn't leave them much room to expand operations or advertise.

GPRO!!!!!

Attached: 9627b0d8bc4b157dc86519e672032d9f4b6d57c1a3a5b34c0ddf41595fb02349_1.gif (400x225, 254K)

Invest in pharma you dolts. NVAX, AGRX, and SCYX are going to rocket very soon, especially the latter two. Big gains for cheap.

theyre one of the better acquisition food companies, and the only competition to MKC spices. I think the div is safe because its paid out as a Return of Capital, and they built cash through divesting in 2018

The problem is i'm trying to use my thermos and thermos is bugger the all of the press set quantities so i have to do two brewing cycles. Stupid Keuriger takes forever to slurp more water in through the heating section before it will let you run a second cycle. Also the coffee isn't good.

Buy Tetra Biopharma whenever it dips to 0.69-0.73. Sell when it goes over a dollar. Repeat.

>dropped 10k in right before the dip in October
>was down almost 20%
>finally closing in on breaking even 4 months later

wew lads, glad I didn't sell tho

Not listed on RH, so not for me

me canty belief things going so smoothly...
am the evil market really gonna let us get our money back so easily O_O ?

Attached: 1549229545135.png (718x476, 674K)

Portfolio's 2 and 3 are Alphabet and Microsoft. Guess what portfolio #1 is.

Attached: guess who.png (1341x601, 37K)

They're so fucking wasteful though I feel such peak consumerism using it.
You could easily design a keurig except instead of individual pods you just change a big reusable pod full of 3 lbs of coffee grounds of whatever flavor you choose.

I wouldn't expect this streak to last much longer.

MNGA?

thats right Non Believer. You might be able to reserve a good mat at the small spec table if you call now

Attached: bullish2.png (434x1194, 374K)

>he hodl? Damp eet again

Apple.

need help with taxes frens. trying to file using free online tax software. robinhood sent me a consolidated 1099b. these data fields look like they want me to input each transaction individually but who the fuck has time to do that? there's no option to input a summarized value and upload the 1099b as a pdf or something, can i just input summary values and hope the irs doesn't grape me :^(

Attached: 1099b.png (738x530, 31K)

Not quite.

How long have you been investing? Or do you just have high enough capital for $10k/company?

I've only been actively managing my own portfolio for about a year, but that screenshot is just from a backtesting site. Right now I'm investing about 10k total.

Just trying to prove a point about what stocks have been able to deliver very high consistent returns outside of tech.

if only you had taken the GALTpill
december was forever ago for me

Attached: GALTpilled.png (857x307, 30K)

dollar general?

Attached: week.png (847x298, 31K)

I wish I had bought the December dip bigger than I did.

Attached: 1548032231646.png (356x333, 120K)

I wish I hadn't waited until january

good job not selling or shorting at the bottom, tho

I averaged down on GALT twice, once at the very beginning of January, and again on that dip that just happened last week

r/wsb got shut down by the SEC for insider trading

/smg/ is next

I own FTHX is that enough?

What industries do you guys mainline? My focus is basically pharma and biotech at the moment

Accumulate auto stocks!!
Honda + Volvo + BMW + GM experienced the highest electric car growth domestically of all companies! BUY IT NYAAAAAAAAA
Compare it to QQQ

Attached: 1550166663246.jpg (640x480, 44K)

I'm a pleb index fund investor. I don't day trade much or gamble on individual stocks (outside my own company)

I have a good amount invested though. Enough that could ruin me if I made a poor decision on a stock

same here
all in GALT atm, also interested in VTGN, VSTM, NTRP, CRMD, ACRX, MRKR, SESN, and NVAX

I got in for a bit early and then averaged down up until it became clearer it was a lower risk than I thought. Then i went full exposure.

Attached: Screenshot_20190216-141427.png (1080x2160, 271K)

They were a people that should be wearing helmets at all times for their own safety.

Attached: 1549560021217.jpg (404x600, 48K)

VTGN and VSTM are my two favorites of the other ones, so far
I had a position in VTGN until last week, when I decided to temporarily take profits
Their pipeline is really promising, but they're short on cash
Looking to buy back in before their Baylor/VA trial readouts in ~April or so (the trial's primary completion date is March 31st)

It was really encouraging to see it recover immediately as soon as the market stopped collectively shitting itself after December 24th

Food and bank/Financial industry. anything related to Energy, healthcare or pharma is extremely boring to me

Red SPY

Attached: 1550191299479.jpg (1450x1443, 129K)

Get into NVAX while there’s still a dip. Once they release the data from their Phase 3 trials, there should be a considerable jump. Hopefully

Movie night suggestions?

Attached: 1550144188223.jpg (512x702, 34K)

Nightcrawler

From what I've read, their pipeline is breddy gud
Will probably buy in at some point, but before I do anything else, I'm waiting for GALT to announce BO/partnership news (I do have actual good reasons to believe that one could be coming, it's not just blind desperation)

hope this escalates to bans at some point.

The Santa Clause

The dip is probably gonna go as low as maybe $2, and that’s an extreme case I think. I bought 30 at $2.21, and I might dump some more in if it reaches $2.10 or so.

I think someone reports them on sight :3
I wonder who that could be
No
No

The Santa Clause 2

This thread in a nutshell

Attached: 1539749570683.jpg (636x431, 35K)

Nightcrawler

Memes.

Tripfags don't get a vote

Attached: 1550261113623.jpg (640x731, 28K)

Nightcrawler sounds good, actually

The ending is dumb

We have a winner!

Attached: 1546896986096.jpg (600x335, 27K)

The ending is a bit dumb, but it's a great movie overall
Jake Gyllenhaal's performance as Lou Bloom was arguably the best of his career, and I've also been suggesting it since August of last year and Comfy has never fucking played it

QQQ beats out Alphabet and Microsoft in that time frame but still looses to DG by about 4%.

Attached: imagesNazrin.png (287x176, 15K)

that picture is showing you how to do cervical dislocation on a lab rodent, for anyone who's curious

Neat

So? You choose one high performance stock and project it in retrospect? For what purpose?

you mean how to do cervical dislocation on Nazrin

that is true, it does say Nazrin
doing cervical dislocation without prior anesthesia will probably get you in trouble with your IACUC, tho

Attached: 1540774266899.jpg (2873x3023, 501K)

unless you have a scientific justification to do it that way

Curse you

thing about comparisons is. You can move a small notch to the right or left and your 'outperformer' becomes an underperformer. None of this is risk adjusted. This makes QQQ superior

Attached: ouiix.png (578x589, 185K)

>I A CUC
They are getting less subtle with their subliminal propaganda.

they even pronounce it "I a cuck"

yeah you are gonna have to do some work to explain why now is a good time to invest in a shale company

I'm guessing he's betting on a combo of Venezuela's collapse and whatever is going on with Iran right now to raise oil prices back to a point that it would make sense to frack more again. Last I heard though the magic number was nearly $3/gal though...

Movie night tonight at 9:00 Mountain Time!
We'll continue our western theme with "The Good, Bad and the ugly"

Attached: 1550281667017.jpg (720x720, 77K)