Which college degrees are worth the money?

Which college degrees are worth the money?

Attached: price-gouging-comic1.png (1500x500, 84K)

STEM and only if you have a specific job in mind that you can either freelance or transition into self employment.

College name or status is irrelevant for all schools beside Ivy leagues. Some non Ivy number one in X subject is no better than a tech school. Debt load is more important than school status.

Statistics if you can handle math, take programming in spare time, do either Data Science or Actuarial for 100K. Probably better than CompSci by a hair but if you love computers then do it.

Engineering of some sorts okay too, if people like Alexandra Cortez have their way we will need a LOT of engineers to build trains and new government buildings and green shit.

Probably nursing or doctor if you hate math, you can get a C in Stats and move on.

Law is really a meme at this point but if you have previous connections its all right, if your family is in Hollywood do Film, if you have family in other forms of business or industries do that particular degree.

If you can't be arsed do HVAC or Plumbing then start a business with it.

If you're pumping money into a degree for an expected ROI in the form of higher wages then you're doing college wrong.

inb4 200 replies

Pragmatic and contextually relevant. Commendable post.

business(as long as it's not general) or stem

Philosophy. I wish my baristas could talk to me about Nietzsche in more depth when I order a matcha latte.

All degrees have some worth...I have a pharmacy degree yet I don't work as a pharmacist anymore (I'm a full-time investor over the past few years). And I know a girl that has a degree in Hebrew language and a Masters in Holocaust Studies and works for a Holocaust society making well over 100k/year.
Its what you do with it that matters, plus knowledge truly is power.

Attached: gibsmedat.jpg (1197x4096, 1.12M)

I'm bad at math so this disqualifies me from a lot, what do?

Nothing wrong with price gouging btw.

>Holocaust Studies
>Holocaust society
I'm not Jow Forums but with shit like this I get why they think the holocaust was fake.

Idiot, that’s whole point of college

Don't be too harsh, the art students have to cope in some way.

study harder. Take remedial classes at a community college to brush up your math skills if you have to.

A college with a "better name" might provide you better networking opportunities, which is really what college is about.
Bump bows with other rich kids, scions, and influential families. Get internships through the uni or the professors.
The first two years out of school you can use these connections to find some openings.

Everything else at school you can probably learn online or in a book.
Depending on your major, it's important to have access to labs and workshops.

I tried that and failed that as well. I really need a career (28 and no idea what to do) but nothing interests me and I'm bad at most things.

Why are you not good at math in the first place? Focus issues? Not understanding the material? A combination of the two?

gay or bro science

As long as it ain't gender studies, then you're good

Yeah this is true even the so called joke Art History is kind of potentially great when its a PhD and you can become Head Curator of The Getty and can pull in 100K, everything is possible with luck and hard work and connections.

Combination of the two and has been a life long problem. I have to really want something or else I just dont care. I've never been able to carve out an idea for a career so taking the classes always seemed like hard, dull work. I don't really enjoy programming so couldn't see myself being a dev or anything.

Was my post too long nigga, just be a registered nurse or do some architecture or trade schools

I've considered nursing but I'm not cleaning up people's shit.

There’s always nursing. If you become an rn you could make $60k a year and I think it’s only a 2 year program.

Oh. In that case your options are limited to the trades. Hvac repairmen get paid pretty well.

Get it in something your are good at and that you can stand doing for hours a day. Whatever that is.

>business(as long as it's not general)
What are some examples of this?

Have you looked into physical therapy? Or occupational therapy? its a similar ordeal, without the scat.

I never went to uni I save about $1300 a month after all my bills are paid.. basically I make 30k a year on paper. I'm going on a date tonight with an RN, she has an undergraduate degree.. is she out of my league?

Accounting. I just finished the last part of the CPA exam. I work in Big 4 tax.

Is it fun? How is it really like?

Not that guy but I studied business at a maritime academy. Got a job out of there at 76k base government job. (100k because I choose to work weekends and holidays) If you're from somewhere near the coast or want to live somewhere near the coast it's an option

Something fun that challenges you and teaches you new things about the field you want to work in while providing you with a degree to help you with that.
It's not just about the degree, it's about the experience.
A lot of people just can't understand that.

>$100
It was $100 15 years ago.

college is the normie litmus test. corporations want to hire normies, and the easiest way for them to verify that you are a high-grade normie is if you went to college and especially if you racked up a lot of debt.

Whatever you do OP, save up and pay cash if you go. Don’t let the banks bend you over and ream you for the rest of your life.

The hardest ones. Law, medecine, physics, mathematics, engineering.

The name of the univ is worth more than the degree if its Ivy leagues.

At this point, just join the army and have fun killing bad people.

law degrees aren't worth shit unless you go to a top school

i couldn't think of a bigger trap than getting an extremely expensive degree that is far over supplied

Not true, there is high demand everybody needs a lawyer.

Yeah if you want to join a prestigious cabinet in NY and earn 200,000++$ as a graduate you need top school.

But you can easily reach 6 figures mid career in a comfy and less stressful job with a law degree from non target.

>$100
lol ya right, maybe second hand

>Price gouging
>College degrees
Is this a meme

Can't put a price on knowledge. Study what interests you. Don't let the costs deter you. That's why they have loans

Such horrible advice i can only assume it's a psyop

MIS is a great undergrad. Got a solid CS level salary 75k and duties due to side projects. Skipped all of the hard science and math classes because business is easy as shit. It was a lot of busywork so not saying it’s cake , but it is the backdoor into good stem job

your mom goes to college

The ones you get in state. Engineering, accounting and finance are what the successful people I graduated with studied. But fucking everybody is studying engineering now and entry-level accountants are the most cucked of all wagecucks.

The "law is saturated" meme came from the boomers all going to law school when they didn't know what to do after undergrad (basically what MBAs are now). Now that boomers are retiring opportunities are opening up (I think)... but then you have to incorporate automation, etc. Maybe patent law for certain niches is viable?

This is 100% true

did exactly this, 50k before I even finished the degree. not bad at all. am 20 atm and in NZ