Jow Forums Major Tiers

Is this accurate? Share your major and experiences in job hunting.

Attached: biz Degrees.jpg (1000x1000, 181K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lx4poQw1mZo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Elec engineer, pretty comfy with plenty of jobs. All finance majors i know fucking hate their jobs because employers treat them worse than janitors

finance is ehhhhhhh, you can only find a job in financial planning or accounting. Pretty stupid how most companies say they are looking for finance majors, but they are really just looking for people who can do accounting

Starting school in the fall for CS with an Econ Minor. Hopefully gonna get my out of the slump which is the trades

Accounting is a top tier major

>Any kind of engineering
>You will sit in a cubicle clicking buttons on a computer until you are 65

Isn’t accounting being taken over by AI? just doing numbers on existent data would be easily automated while research and macro-economic-social data would still require human intervention

>study business to get a job
>not to start a business

i never understood people like this

there are people who work better in already settled enviroments

> what is investing
> what is upskilling
> what is networking
> what is saving your money
> what is moving to a low cost of living area

>what is moving to a low cost of living area

sadness, fast food and meth use mostly

The only worthwhile business major is accounting. Business schools are chock full of people(students and staff) who are lazy, ambitionless and retarded.

Ayy lmao. True. That mostly applies to the US. Eastern Europe is not so bad, however you'd want to confine yourself to a major city.

might be slightly better food but still plenty of sadness and meth use in eastern europe

although if you can get a job as some kind of digital freelance with a western wage easern europe would be an amazing choice

Accounting is not bookkeeping.

economics > finance

That's true for a lot of careers. When picking a career (and subsequently a major) you should think about how your career can be impacted by outsourcing and automation. As AI advances a lot of jobs in the medical, financial and legal professional are at risk. Conversely jobs like engineering and software development that have a greater immunity to automation are affected by outsourcing. Software development much more than engineering.

The reason however why medicine, finance/accounting, law and engineering will preserve is that they require human responsibility and judgement, but more importantly the supply of workers in those fields is artificially limited. In medicine, only so many people can become doctors. In law there are only so many law jobs (if you don't go to a tier 1 school you have to do bitch paralegal work for 40k/year) and then there is the bar exam, for accounting and engineering there are licenses and exams (that are nationally accredited) that you have to pass, and because of that no random person from an overseas country can be outsourced that work.

That rarely happens. Why would they pay you an American salary when they can pay an equally competent Hungarian or Russian a much lower amount and get the same quality.

Finance is a shit business major, but economics has probably the worst prospects of employability.

I went to a school around rank 100 nationally and my friends were very ambitious, they didn’t know how to execute of course but definitely not lazy

>Finance
Isn't that field super prestige heavy where well regarded schools lead to good jobs, and everyone else is stuck in some shitty 50k a year job?

Why do people act like 90%+ of businesses offer as stable an income as an MBA?

>economics has probably the worst prospects of employability

explain

Biology major. My advice is DON'T DO IT. The only good paying science jobs go to Chemists, all other majors are just low salary lab monkeys. God have mercy on you if you major in wildlife management.

Accounting is a good major but being an accountant is shit tier

Because schools poor buckets of money into their business schools and economics is usually under liberal arts and sciences.

pretty much

look it up! unless you go the whole phd route you're job prospects are slim. its not like math where you have good quantitative skills, economics doesnt really prepare you for a single job. you can work in the finance sector but then you're competing with finance grads. just look up the job prospects for your field.

ayy lmao bio is shit but so is chem. you're only option is to do low paying lab work.

>degree
>real estate

Marketing. Hope I don’t ever have to get an interview. Trying everything I can without having to. Stay focused anons

this

real estate is a degree you do just to have an ivy league school name on your resume and if you have connections outside of school that will hook you up with a 6 figure job. you have to be a real brainlet to go into one of these degrees as a middle class person thinking you'll get anything out of it.

marketing is unbelievably bad. lol

Normie detected. Marketing isn’t “one” thing

Attached: 9D6B1E2F-7796-4FFA-A90D-7E5822D215D9.jpg (500x500, 43K)

wtf normie dickheads all major in worthless retard majors like marketing

>be me
>diploma of accounting
>unemployed
>it was boring
>tax was actually difficult
>ultimately a waste of time
>overrated major

Finance reporting. How do i find a job?>

Sales is fun

That would be from a two-year program, right?

Finance degree at target school, got an internship at BB investment bank, it's pretty good.

youtube.com/watch?v=Lx4poQw1mZo

Worked as an accountant for 40k a year in a small town, Small company maybe 100 employees. Job required me to figure out how much went into a particular machines and take those parts out of inventory, around 300 parts per machine, about a million dollars worth of stuff going out the door a week, and it was all military people around me. My two bosses were neurotic as fuck and constantly yell at me and the other two girls who were about my rank, but different jobs. I was eventually fired because of one set of parts being off. Although I wasn't mentally healthy before I think that job honestly fucked me up.

Now i'm working for a job that makes the same amount, 40k for a big corporation, basically looking at the audit counts and invoicing for various franchises, it's so easy I would honestly say I get 3 hours of work for 8 hour days. I constantly impress my bosses and I feel I can do way better, but the last job has me so shell shocked I don't want to leave.

Attached: nvr.jpg (769x428, 49K)

If it's not tech or it doesnt have a professional license requirement then good luck.

Something analogous. It was 1.5 years in practice.

Finance. Currently working a consulting internship at IBM and loving it.

I was three years unemployed after a similar program, and the only reason I got out of it was because I accepted a public accounting job at a reduced pay. Those programs are rough if you don't intend on continuing on with university.

Associates are a waste of time and in most cases if you get them from a cc the credits wont transfer to a 4 year university bad idea

my cc has a 99.2% transfer rate of credits to the state university. A handful of classes don’t transfer, but they aren’t necessary.

You'll always have a job but it's easily the worst white collar profession. Pay is pretty shit too unless you work 80 hours a week at a Big 4.

lucky you but there are plenty of stories where people arent so fortunate. my point being research whether the university you want to go to accepts credits from the cc you're at.