/smg/ - Stock Market General

Litebrite edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

lasto

Attached: litebrite.png (615x656, 952K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/business-47248644
youtube.com/watch?v=Xv3qRcYII3U
youtube.com/watch?v=M53WBYa_n4c
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm not making money like I want to.
Sad.

>US-China trade talks break up without deal
>bbc.com/news/business-47248644

Selling everything at open on Tuesday. We could see a -5% to -10% day.

If a person makes money trading stocks, exactly what service have they performed for society (or at least the market) to earn their money?

The headline contradicts the substance of the article. It says trade talks in the US are still on for this week. It also says Trump may be willing to extend the deadline if progress is being made.

They lent money to a company which in turn benefits the community

Theism is perhaps the most far-fetched branch religion possible though. Unless the god(s) are like super-advanced progenitor aliens or the admin of the simulation we(me)'re all inside.

Attached: xs.png (486x515, 20K)

sensationalist clickbait title as expected of modern (((media)))

>US-China trade talks break up without deal

US-China trade talks continue into next week*

what the actual fuck bbc. do you know what journalism is?

God as a programmer who got lazy is my second favorite zizek joke
youtube.com/watch?v=Xv3qRcYII3U

I don't find it far fetched. If the basic building blocks are nonlocal then the whole things made to be an illusion of sorts. Combine that with testaments of people from near death experiences and the double slit experiment and I think all of existence is the stuff of the mind.

Anything that increases liquidity is going to improve rate of price discovery for securities and their underlying products.

If coffee beans are a highly liquid commodity the price will be more or less continuous, and the coffee shop doesnt need to worry about whether they should buy their next batch of beans on Monday because they're usually more expensive by Friday.

If beans are not liquid and only two or three people offer to sell them to me at a wide price spread there could be some days Im not even bothering to sell coffee because the price has gotten too high and isn't liquid enough to correct fast enough.

Basically the act of trading a security is providing liquidity and assisting in price discovery even if you don't see a direct benefit right away. Having a properly priced basket of goods is just as important as having a basket of goods in the first place.

For

False. The company already sold that share and it has little to do with them. The trader makes money and spends it in his community. Also, before anyone says shit, stock market =/= economy. Traders propping up the market is probably a negative as traders sell everything when the market crashes.

VTSAX

Invest in dude weed

If there's a big dip, unironically this. If there is a bullrun, unironically this. If nothing happens, completely and 100% this. Put your money in weed, it's the only sure bet you'll come across this decade. CGC may not have the most explosive growth in the future, but it's the biggest company of it's time and it's sitting on cash to burn. They're looking at any angle they can use to get into the US right now where the weed market it much larger than home. They're shipping medical to the UK, we all know that the UK will be legalizing recreational once Brexit goes through as an attempt to pacify the people in a haze of smoke. They are sending shit to Germany. They're also the secret partner that AMRS has (don't tell no body.) Okay, I made that last part up, but as they're the two largest holdings in my portfolio the idea gives me a raging erection. You'll win with dude weed, just don't pay attention week to week and keep pumping money in.

the company insiders (CEO ect) sell the shares after its pumped and the money goes back to invest in the company does it not?

IIPR
SMG
ACB
CGC
MRMD
KSHB

My weed portfolio, IIPR set to have a good week as it continues its crazy bull run and enters the S&P smallcap 600 on Thursday

My negro.

Attached: 1546291711506.png (513x312, 150K)

I use the fidelity versions

FZROX
FZILX

what do you all mean by "bull"?

VTSAX buyers rise up. No reason to have anything else in your entire portfolio until you age 10 years from retirement. Literally down 100% VTSAX from age 16 to 40, then progress into bonds and divvys until age 50, then you've made it. Thats what im doing

no Id kill myself from boredom

>not BST
I'll literally retire 20 years earlier

Attached: 1550279844924.jpg (1200x1200, 167K)

Thoughts on WMT calls before earnings this Tuesday? Or buying just in general after earnings?

No, the money really only goes into the company during offerings or due to convertible notes. Yes, a company could buy and hold their own stock but typically that's done for the benefit of the shareholders and not for the company. A lot of the time it's really a negative, as it artificially increases the share price without organic growth.

You can make 5 times more by retirement if you just buy good stocks and hold them instead... really no reason to buy index funds unless you are a brainlet or

CRASH ALREADY

FUCK

I know, everything's been really fucking boring stable for the last 48hrs. Just keep hitting refresh.

Vtsax has 80% of my folio. The rest is speculative.

VTI for most of the last 10 years but I'm all in short term treasuries now.

>invest for 15 years
>1 stock crash and you're down 50%, with no actual realized profits, might aswell buy mickey mouse paintings

vast majority of investors including those that are paid to invest do not out- earn the market, look up the blinded man/monkey throws darts at random stocks vs pro's picks and the monkey still won

GALTFAGS ASSEMBLE

Attached: A061E0FD-3F24-439E-AF24-5ACD4A6264A7.png (1146x765, 1.45M)

Buy BST

Attached: 1550144188223.jpg (512x702, 34K)

....gpro

Attached: 1550422658974.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

Canopy looks like a short right now. The US companies are slightly better but still too pumped up for new long entries.

Watch out for WTER. Hemp infused bottled water. Utterly retarded but on the cusp of bullish reversal anyway.

Kraft Heinz earning this week
Smuckers, BGS and Campbells next week

its the widowmaker

Attached: 23a.png (530x550, 299K)

Buy MNST

Attached: 1550166663246.jpg (640x480, 44K)

>CRON earnings report is tommorow

Attached: 1541526891878.gif (500x500, 712K)

It's science.

Attached: 1550363528627.gif (250x188, 384K)

Weed is dead rn

Youre dead

Weed is just taking a short nap. Probably last all of a week.

Already has been like 1 1/2 weeks

I just have earnings on Royal Bank this week. Thinking about selling the day before. I WILL NOT tolerate a stupid gap down.

Historically speaking, dude weed bear markets have last 2-4 months. You're in bull trap territory here.

I mean anyone would see a bearish line forming looking at this, so for there to be a bull trap the bulls would need to be like, mentally disabled bulls.

Attached: bear.png (1492x834, 84K)

They provide market liquidity.

>mentally disabled bulls.

Yep. I've never got very far trying to double think the market. If it looks obvious, it often is obvious.

I wish RH let you do shorts. It'd be such easy money. I'm at 100% this month for predicting power hour selloffs.

NIKKEI

Attached: green.jpg (568x479, 221K)

They're high, it just takes a while to get them up.

Historically speaking, there is no history. Yes, it may appear to be a bull trap, but SB 420 could pass. What then? European countries could welcome more medical/introduce recreational.

Don't over complicate your trading

Attached: A1DMZgIrzVL._UX250_.jpg (250x350, 14K)

This. Remember the fundamentals of the business and the sentiment around in. Also in my shilling of dude weed, lmao - please remember that I am in no way suggesting that anyone trade these stocks. Simply that the time to buy is the time you have money,because it is going up and nobody has the first clue when or for how long it will stop. Like I said here
There are a lot of things that could happen, wait till the normie boomers start to feel like they're missing out (I'm counting on younger normies and shrewd boomers to already be in) and imagine that shit.

Historically speaking, imma dart my tongue up your b hole

I'm looking forward to it, when can I expect you?

Rn, *nyuah, nyuah, nyuah*

I keep forgetting the markets are closed tomorrow

Attached: 4F17D38100000578-0-image-a-22_1534551758697.jpg (634x453, 109K)

>tongue punching someones fart box that's on Jow Forums

Attached: 1540788534959.png (250x202, 8K)

OwO

Fucking normies

Attached: Screenshot_20190217-170928.png (1080x1920, 149K)

He does make some valid points

Attached: 1550076427974.jpg (640x404, 26K)

Maybe a lil tongue action will convince you to sell LCI for dude weed *nya•uah*

>Maybe a lil tongue action will convince you to sell LCI for dude weed *nya•uah*
na

Attached: 1539834409977.gif (300x169, 1.35M)

>implying he's wrong

Attached: porky water.jpg (604x533, 37K)

>implying capitalists only seek profits and not the efficient trade of surplus for necessities

When’s the next dip LCIbro? I’m looking to get back in and sold my last 500 shares at 8.70

he realized if he went for the water, he'd have to still walk another 12+ km to get to profits. but if he gets to the profit he can hire a goatfucker to give him water and anything else, and since goatfuckers live in the desert he'd be better at it.

Could have a steady climb to mid-teens before any significant dip before going to $30

Attached: 1493828603361.png (596x799, 676K)

>trusting signs

one time i was traveling through arizona.. forgot where i was going.. but there was a sign saying "town xyz 46 miles" I drove for another 5 minutes and it said "town xyz 52 miles"... true story

>wait till the normie boomers start to feel like they're missing out (I'm counting on younger normies and shrewd boomers to already be in) and imagine that shit.

That happened fall 2017. This sector repeatedly bubbles and pops.

Are these 3d printed skulls?

Just sold $10k of my portfolio on Friday, where should I rebalance /smg/? TLT for safe keeping? Port is $115k total, all individual equities

based and GALTpilled

A normie asked me to recommend some forums for discussing trading stocks. I only come here so I was wondering if anyone could recommend something.

Index funds are a fuck ton better than mutual funds- 90% of them underperform the Benchmark and have significantly higher fees.

stocktwits

yes I recommend /smg/ and r/wallstreetbets and /lgbt/

/lgbt/ is also a good option

AI and semiconductor ETF. If I'd bought when I started watching them I'd be up 40%.
Now I'm waiting for the dip when US/China relations hit a snag.

And IIPR

just don't send them here

Attached: 1480907834877.jpg (702x672, 45K)

direct him to reddit

Attached: 45048-1532336916.jpg (640x360, 34K)

ETF's are ok but I'd rather not get into them, I've had better fortune in individual names unless it's fixed income ETF's which are purposed for dividends and short term stability

>"Wow I've never heard of that company user, where do you find out about these stocks?"

Attached: 1499324448125.png (646x595, 280K)

"the internet"

Shut up, Market profile nerds aren’t welcome here

/smg/ has unironically more autistic ladyboys than /lgbt/

youtube.com/watch?v=M53WBYa_n4c

Attached: 1548083208000.jpg (1600x900, 90K)

>being a male who's attracted to men automatically makes you a ladyboy

Attached: 1550438544534.jpg (700x700, 92K)

probably

"the algorithm"

We are all straight neurotypical males here

Attached: k2-bottleneck.jpg (1417x2067, 247K)

NIKKEI AND SHANGHAI SURGING JESUS. Looks like we are hitting all time highs. I though trade deal would spook market guess not.

profile literally only of correct way looking at weekly price action @_@

Attached: DzoQheMXQAAS8-t.jpg (1624x1129, 241K)

hey what do the colors in the volume profile mean

at least give it 24 hours from now before calling for ATH. I'm probably lightening my positions on Tuesday and Wednesday regardless what direction the market goes

Thats our beloved Bank of Japan for you. They will always be there to pump the world. Theres infinite yen just waiting to pump the nikkei to 40k

Attached: xturo.png (477x564, 516K)

Attached: blitz-feature_feature.jpg (2250x2001, 545K)