Unironically a whale here ($30-50 mill)

unironically a whale here ($30-50 mill).
i'm not a "whale". but by most people's standards here i am. as in, i'm not one of the market makers.

but here's the scoop. those of you who daytrade have probably already noticed this. Since the capitulation even of bitcoin, ethereum has been leading the market. Even down to the 15 min candles. eth pumps -> bitcoin pumps. eth dumps -> bitcoin dumps.

eth will take over bitcoin. look at the eth/usd chart. It's clearly bottomed. pic related. eth is the new bitcoin. think about it, what does bitcoin do better than eth.

eth;
>1st + 2nd layer scaling (will have thousands of tps when this happens)
>smart contracts
>makerDAO/DAI (first ever decentralised stable coin - this alone is fucking huge)
>securities can be easily deployed on eth
>derivatives can be easily deployed on eth (dydx)

bitcoin;
>2nd layer scaling - first layer can only do ~12tps after segwit
>...
that's it. bitcoin cant even implement schnorr for aggregated signatures even tho it would improve scalability by ~200% without ANY cost to decentralisation. the devs are either incompetent or compromised. This is not really a problem for eth given there are like four mainstream clients (aleth, go-eth, parity-eth, ethereumJ) as opposed to the one bitcoin client (bitcoin-core) which is what +99% of network uses.

if you want a longterm bet, buy eth. It will only pull like a 100x tho. So if you want to /makeit/ and have less than $300k, you still need to play shitcoin roulette.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-02-18 at 00.11.00.png (1958x1178, 193K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TztR_7IehjU
blog.diviproject.org/february-8-2019-weekly-update/
wiki.diviproject.org/#whitepaper
diviproject.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>100x
Ether is not meant to be a store of value and is intended just to be to pay for gas. It has an uncertain monetary policy but presumably however the policy ends up, it will be determined with that in mind. Why will people be willing to pay over $10k for ETH then?

ETH will easily 100x in

You're asking questions that the rabid retail investors of 2020+ will not be asking.

worthless post with bullshit TA image and old news comparing eth functionality with btc.

btc has no functionality

Greater fool theory is all well and good, but doesn't it apply even more to bitcoin itself? I'm specifically asking why I should prefer ETH to BTC.
Currently my situation is that I want to put money into some relatively low liquidity shitcoins. That could take up to a year or two, and my concern is that the crypto market will recover without me, so I'm thinking of leaving the money I intend to put in as either BTC or ETH rather than fiat. Why should I prefer ETH to BTC?

>Ether is not meant to be a store of value and is intended just to be to pay for gas.
Commodities can become a store of value and often have been through history. POS further enhances the potential for ethereum to become a store of value and will drastically reduce token velocity and liquid supply, thus price.

eth is flawed with incompetent devs and security holes. There are better projects, unironically. And when the real adoption starts the best projects will overtake this entire shitshow. BTC is going to forever be an ancient collectible. ETH... idk imo its going to shut down eventually... or fork to something completely else.

Not OP but I've been noticing this as well. It's also backed up by the fact that bitcoin can't go mainstream. In the future there won't be any way of nontechies interacting easily with the bitcoin chain. You will still have to handle private keys, or trust someone else handling them for you. It's going to be messy.

Ethereum on the other hand has smart contracts. You can use a smart contract to handle all the money and just use a private key to tell the smart contract that this is your current identity for your phone, then you have a different private key for your computer, tablet, and maybe one paper key for your backup if you lose everything. Private keys do nothing more than send messages to the smart contract telling it what to do with the money/tokens/etc. You can have ENS names so you send money to johnsmith.eth, or johnsmith.yoursite.eth instead of the fucked up private key hash we have to copy and send around today. Have a look at Universal Login's presentation to learn more. This is the system that takes crypto mainstream. You don't even have to think about gas prices or anything like that. It obfuscates all that. Here's the talk to have a listen to:
youtube.com/watch?v=TztR_7IehjU

The other reason I think Ethereum will swallow Bitcoin is that we already have bitcoins represented on Ethereum as WBTC. It's not very decentralised but it's there. If you have a WBTC on Ethereum you can transfer that to a real BTC on the bitcoin chain.

Bitcoin is literally just a calculator that does addition and subtraction, Ethereum is a PC.

>Why should I prefer ETH to BTC?
Who said you should? Just do 50/50 or whatever split makes you comfortable. Honestly, I don't get why the autists here constantly split hairs over BTC or ETH when both will do well in the mid term

Ether is like oil. Either you have ether or you can't use the network. It doesn't matter what the policy is.

>implying we can't add smart contracts in bitcoin

Attached: 1398431321083.jpg (413x395, 17K)

Well, preferring ETH to BTC is specifically what this thread is about. I'm considering my options, so I figured I'd ask for some input.

any tips for shitcoin roulette?

>Bitcoin is literally just a calculator that does addition and subtraction, Ethereum is a PC.
this is a nice analogy

>There are better projects, unironically.
please name them because i dont know of any that dont sacrifice decentralisation for it. But even if what you say is true, its not enough. The reason eth could get such large market dominance so late in the game (2014) was because the tech it proposed was unironically game changing for the space. Not a single alt since then has made such significant steps forward.

The only coins that have done this being;
>bitcoin
>monero (but was fucked up because of its scammy history never really took off like eth did)
>eth

>It's also backed up by the fact that bitcoin can't go mainstream. In the future there won't be any way of nontechies interacting easily with the bitcoin chain. You will still have to handle private keys, or trust someone else handling them for you. It's going to be messy.
I should add that because of this Bitcoins will end up mostly probably be tokens represented on Ethereum, getting transferred around that way instead of interacting with the bitcoin chain.

Name one (1) better project than Ethereum
I bet you’re either gonna say Link(wrong) or BAT(also wrong)
The brainspace in eth is so substantial that I’m honestly thinking they’re the real selling point of the coin

What shitcoins are you rolling with basedwhale? I’m still on the req/link/coss train and smaller positions in several others. Also got neo and vet. If you guys think the chinks will use eth l, you obviously know nothing about their culture. Baidu, alibaba, countless other IP infringments.

>I’m still on the req/link/coss train

Attached: 1517034825395.png (408x450, 15K)

if there's anything to be learned from 2017, buy 4-8 weeks before a key event, and start selling in the coming days of the key event.

fundamentals are a meme
teams are a meme
partnerships are a meme
everything is a meme but announcements/key events.

e.g. block halving, partnership announcements, new advisor to the team announcement, announcement of an announcement, airdrop date

there are other strategies too like try to find really good shit that's undervalued. A good example of this was raiblocks but that's much harder to do and chances are you suffer from dunning kruger and cant actually judge these things so it's a recipe to get rekt.

or just buy meme shit like bitbean, verge and hope to get lucky

>What shitcoins are you rolling with
none. there are a few good ICO's launching later this year that i plan to get into. ofc im not going to shill them tho

>implying we can't add smart contracts in bitcoin
Rootstock is already trying that, but it's implemented as a sidechain that's messy and hard to deal with. Bitcoin politics can't even pass a vote to 2x the blocksize or and it took nearly a year of negotiating to implement an actual technological upgrade that increased the efficiency of the bitcoin network. IMO Smart contracts won't ever be implemented on bitcoin base layer for a few reasons:
1. It's not on the Core dev's roadmap
2. The complexity of the implementation would be absolutely incredible, and would take 3-10 years of research and testing (who would fund that?)
3. Past politics suggest something as controversial as smart contracts on the base layer of bitcoin would never achieve the consensus vote.

>
>you idiots forget that we only care about price. BTC is deflationary, ETH is inflationary. You think people care about the tiny differences between the cryptos? God you fools are silly. BTC is faster than ETH when I send money and I love ETH but it's only the CPU system crypto, BTC is digital gold. People value $ and scarcity over CPU power and TX times. It's funny because most people make this mistake, they think they're smarter than the market. You're not.

xBitcoin. The first mineable token on Ethereum that aims to be the main currency store of value. It's immune to 51% attacks as a native token on ETH. You can build it into dapps. It introduces Initial Mining Offerings or IMO's for a better way of distributing tokens. The ICO is dead and is a poor way of distributing tokens. Mining through PoW is considered a waste of energy, but what isn't? We use energy to make things in life. The banking system uses far more energy than Bitcoin.

"The highest estimates for Bitcoins annual terawatt hours consumption is 28.67. This means, more than 3 times more efficient than a very conservative calculation of the cost of the global banking system."

Ethereum now has a token that can't be attacked and interacts with its native token system. A match made in cryptoheaven.

Attached: altcorns.jpg (768x770, 79K)

You’re not gonna make it

If OP is correct then chainlink will pump 20 thousand times and be more valuable than eth.

The biggest threat to links success is eth scaling so that token transmission won’t be bottlenecked.

Also eth can’t have any real value except for shitty token transmission without a dec. Oracle, of which chainlink currently has the most momentum and largest network to bootstrap

If eth isn’t a store of value then why would I as a miner mine it? Think before you say retarded shit like this lad

>whale here, eth will flip btc

Nontechies will use Divi instead of Bitcoin, especially because Divi is going to work with any DEX that implements Bitcoin's key standards. Divi is implementing BIPs 0065 0068 and 0112 right now with steady progress.

blog.diviproject.org/february-8-2019-weekly-update/

wiki.diviproject.org/#whitepaper

diviproject.org/

But here’s the thing: OP is almost certainly wrong. You may be a whale and understand charts, but what you don’t understand is that proof of stake is never going to work. Eth will have to scale through side chains and other things, and it’s going to be a very messy process

The truth is that as a store of value, eth will never compete with bitcoin. Bitcoin is just designed to be secure, that’s all the devs focus on. Given all the ahit eth is trying to do it will ALWAYS be more vulnerableZ

Here’s the redpill for you blind autists: No single coin will win. Each will continue to have its niche so all of you maximalists can untangle your panties and calm down

>t. MIT grad who actually knows some of the guys working on eth pos protocols

this is probably the only legit argument against eth and pro bitcoin.

bitcoin = security
eth = features
will just have to wait to see what the market values more.

since your an MIT grad, you can probs understand the cryptography. so explain to me why bitcoin hasnt implemented schnorr yet despite the massive scalability boost it will give btc with no compromise. you cant. because there is literally no reason against it. apart from bitcoin-core repo maintainers being compromised

>EXCITING ANNOUNCEMENT
>CONFIRMED PARTNERSHIP WITH THE SHIRE

Attached: 20190217_194729.jpg (900x1200, 644K)

Maybe, but whars far more likely is that It comes down to their paranoia: they’re so afraid of breaking anything that their development process is comically slow. These guys (beck, maxwell, etc) treat the btc codebase like a nuke reactor codebase. It could end up destroying them if they can’t make btc fungible during a gov crack down. Maybe that will finally get them off their asses. Either way I’m excited to see how it plays out popcorn.gif

Also if they were compromised they’d probably put some bugs in some wallet code and then let some hackers exploit it. Except they’re actually fixing bugs and keeping them secret when they do

>ETH will take over Bitcoin
Haha I fell for this meme the last time, you won't get me again!
Good luck and best wishes with the newfags though

Attached: 1549843239260.jpg (1000x1000, 123K)

newfags always think they've cracked the code. I'll buy XRP because it's cheaper. Good luck learn math, learn about scarcity, learn the history of cryptos having parity lock their funds, understand what Nakamoto gave BTC by doing what no other leader can, walk away.

eth's next stops
50$
then 200$
and will finally bleed to 15$ before doing something
blow me later

Attached: 1543278683131.jpg (330x330, 25K)

Lmao this. 2017 is all the evidence you need.

It’s not even the greater fool theory, it’s that you under estimate crowd psychology and stupidity

For a 30-50m whale, your analysis is subpar at best.

Yikes what a weak larp
ETH is fucking trash

>forgetting about AGI
AGI

I have 120 ETH. Am I going to make it?

This. AGI isn't a Jow Forums favorite but Ben Goertzel is a big name in AI and could pull of something huge here.

shilling a token built on eth as better than eth...
my dudes... you're never gunna make it

if $1 mill is "making it" then sure

You don't think the network to bring about the next industrial revolution isn't as important as the brick and mortar used to build that network? I would argue that they're of equal importance. The medical applications of AI alone will be worth more than your weight in ETH.

Attached: benny.jpg (3200x1680, 900K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190214-231045.png (1080x760, 162K)

>muh newfags
bitcoin is just over 10 years old and has only gone through two significant market cycles. this whole market is uncharted territory. simply dismissing possibilities of where the market is headed based on two market cycles and because you've been in the market for ~5 years is incredibly arrogant and will probably get you rekt.

especially considering the fact that alts have only been a contributing factor in the most recent cycle and will more than likely continue to do so. pic related

Attached: Screenshot 2019-02-18 at 02.18.13.png (1620x940, 264K)

You really think it'll go up to $10,000/ETH?

What kind of timeframes are we looking at? Should I accumulate more?

I'm not OP though

Ark

Attached: 1505645025743s.jpg (250x247, 10K)

Attached: Screenshot_20190217-202610.png (1080x1229, 157K)

>timeframe
3-8 years
> Should I accumulate more?
lol idk bro im not your babysitter. Only 5% of my net worth is even in crypto. depends on your risk tolerance

>It's not on the Core dev's roadmap
Yea it is taproot in the next softfork along with schnorr and other stuff that efficiently writes data as opposed to centralized bloat chains

>but 4-8 weeks before an event
but wouldn't the announcement of said even also count as an event?
Just to be clear, you're saying that announcements of announcements are bullish, but the announcements themselves are bearish?

what are your long term holds? What's your opinion on AGI? Any alts you think don't get enough attention?

nah i wasnt being clear my bad.
i mean you buy before events.

so for example if some coin announces that there will be an announcement on the 23rd of January. You buy a few weeks before the 23rd of january (provided that the chart looks good ofc). Then start selling your stack on the 20th-23rd.

Or if there is a mainnet launch on the 5th of feb, you buy a few weeks before the 5th and sell in the days leading up to that.

simple af. If you did this in 2017 you would have 300x+ your stack.

>Only 5% of my net worth is even in crypto
I assume the majority of the rest is in real estate? How did you build your wealth and how long did it take you?

this moron being proved to be satoshi could only be bad for bitcoin. it wont be good for sanjays vision

and the alternative is he cant prove it, and we all laugh, like we already are, because he can't, or he would have

I thought about it some more. If I ever become a multimillionaire and continue to manipulate crypto, I absolutely would come back to Jow Forums and shitpost here.

Attached: 1531712797081.jpg (956x632, 182K)

ETH not even close to leading the market, wtf you smoking?

If anything random shitcoins havent been widely distributed are leading the market

>>undervalued

what is your honest take on holo

Everything looks so much clearer in hindsight doesn't it?
It makes so much sense that altcoin owners would try to inflate the value of their partnerships (and FOMO traders would buy it) only for the announcements to be revealed as sub-par by the market in the end.
Here's to hoping that 2019 is as easy to game.

it will pump. but in ratio against eth? im not so sure given the fact it's ranked quite high already. it will outperform bitcoin tho

>eth will take over bitcoin
Stopped reading there

no shit sherlock, take a look at the charts and capitalization histories charts,

1/2
btc/eth

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 10.41.06 PM.png (841x663, 131K)

whoops, messed up the order this is eth/btc, other was eth usd

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-02-17 at 10.42.15 PM.png (1219x666, 167K)

are u retarded or what?

>$30-$50 million
>5%
Looks like we may have a rare Jow Forums billionaire on our hands anons. There's only a couple thousand of them in the world, but I like to think on rare occasions one of them actually posts here, and it's not just all larpers

Ok, I am saying this as nice as I can. Please stop referring to all Chinese as "chinks". Its the most idiotic and racist crap. I see this written in every fucking thread every day knock it off already

kek'd

Which Chinese is it appropriate to refer to as chinks then? Only the shitcoin scammers?

weak b8

eth sucks have you ever tried to run a node? requires a 1tb ssd and takes 2 weeks just to do a first sync and will make your pc lag horribly, all your games will stutter.

it's vitalik he's shilling his own shitcoin again. he became a billionaire last bullrun shilling his shitcoin on biz first, now he's trying to become a trillionaire fuck money skeleton

zipperhead, pancake face, or soulless bugman.

Chinks have descended on Africa like a plague of locusts.

This. Eth is an autistic, naive shitshow and is literally fucking useless. It will never scale, Vitalik will an hero and bitcoin will reign supreme

This guy gets it. Are you in our discord group? We talk about different cryptos we can buy the rumor and sell the news on.

BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY

>im a 30-50 million dollar whale
>eth will take over bitcoin
no, sorry, not buying ur bags

Tell your faggot friends to leave Zilliqa alone, price suppression is getting ridiculous.

Eth will win out from the sheer amount of devs building on it. Once they resolve their issues, everything else will follow.

>bags
Wtf do you hold lmao. Also this is a basket weaving forum, if you think shilling eth here will help it’s 14bn cap then kys

Attached: AE4A5125-85B3-476D-8FF7-452205DFA6BA.jpg (500x500, 43K)

Is this you Mark?

I was in an awesome discord group in 17 and made some good returns. Mine died as a result of the bear

ETH is a worse store of value than BTC. But if POS does actually come, it will not just become a store of value but a better store of value than BTC.

>this is probably the only legit argument against eth and pro bitcoin.

And you've played it down far too much. ETH price will accordingly eat shit this year as everyone realizes PoS can't work and the idea of it was fucking stupid in the first place. Vitalik's childish naivety & incompetence is showing now more than ever.

Meanwhile lightning is FUCKING CRUSHING it. Tech-illiterate randoms are running their own nodes and buying pizza with it. Go check the LN node growth.

The "world supercomputer" will need stop sucking it's own dick and start delivering if it hopes to stick around.

Attached: playboard.jpg (812x1024, 61K)

>unironically a whale here ($30-50 mill).
Post proof faggot.

Altcoins have there place but they're not as rare as BTC. BTC will have the greatest increases in $ because of it's scarcity and network size. People are obsessed with $. BTC might eat all the other altcoins because of that but I doubt it, it's more likely that 25-100 survive 5 years from now,

bro u think a coin that cant handle one semi popular dapp, has infinite supply, wont scale for years, and an ecosystem with barely any users will flip btc? nice meme

Chainlink and I’m not kidding. Im basically 75% in link 25% in btc

The fact that biz chose link is unironically more important in my investment decision than SWIFT choosing it. Because everything on the internet starts here. Very Darwinian environment and 4chans support is a critical first mover advantage/network boostrapper

Screenshotting this so I can laugh hard when ETH goes to 0 next year

oh hai guis I'm also a whale (around 50m) and i just want to say XRP is going to be the future

Attached: 1549052667712.png (640x360, 352K)

BTC is the de facto reserve currency of crypto. Everything else is just shitcoin holder hope. You faggots lack even the slightest hint of honesty and introspection.

>Use Bitcoin
>Only use case in 10 fucking years is buying pizza.

Lot of 1 post IDs in here which means BTC maxis are scared AF. I would be too. Smart contracts are the future. Bitcoin doesn't do that. Lightning is a fucking joke btw. It makes using BTC even harder than just using the main chain and that's already hard enough for normies. The store of value meme is unironically Bitcoins last chance.

>ETH is inflationary.
By how much? How many percent will it be inflating by in 3 years? Assuming Quadriga didn't exit scam it actually DEFLATED this month.