/smg/ - Stock Market Grenade

daily reminder only cubanites make money on /smg/ edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

On the last episode of SMG:

Attached: b643cf0459559ef293a432bac970f3f7smg.png (1240x1748, 1.08M)

GPRO

Attached: 1381101140951.png (238x250, 70K)

I see those dominoes delivery vehicles all over town, but they're like never actually being driven. It's like their delivery service is actually just a front for people to have narcotics delivered to their houses and places of business.

How do I invest in ntr?

Attached: 6 (13).jpg (728x1151, 146K)

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

Attached: dividends-monopoly-man.jpg (423x245, 21K)

Im curious what everyones take is on their portfolio mix? Post yours.

Mine =
55% large cap
25% int’l
10% mid cap
10% small cap

better that then their pizza.

I mean it wouldn't surprise me. I used to get weed from the guy at the full service gas station and the other guy at the wendy's drive through all the time when I was a kid.

1/3 Dividend Companies
2/3 Mutual Funds (US Growth, US Income, and a little bit Euro and Emerging Markets)

GPRO!

Attached: c58.gif (854x480, 2.01M)

>stop by /smg/ on a holiday for once
>div bro in the thread as always
Damn, son. You're like a machine!

getting into stocks right now, just downloaded DEGIRO

what's the safest thing right now?

based as fuck

Attached: 1548579068910.png (124x161, 3K)

100% REFR

GPRO, IVR, and SPY
@_@

shorting the market

Fuck Coke.

Buy Dr. Pepper.

>implying I drink anything other than tea, coffee, alcohol or water

fucking based
If you like IVR you should look at
NLY
NRZ
CIM
MFA
ARR
Wrong, buy bepsi fugg XD

KO products for you:
Honest Tea
Costa Coffee
Japanese Alcopop (unnamed)
Dasani and Smart Water

Dasani is a way better product than that Aquafina crap Pepsi Co. trys to pass off as dihydrogen monoxide.

Pepsi is also a good buy, but not because of their trash soft drink division.

Pepsi is a great buy because of the possible spinoff of Frito Lay and what a fucking monster that company will become on its own. The only problem is if they do spinoff Frito Lay, even though Frito Lay would thrive Pepsi wouldn't be able to survive on its own.

If you're looking to make a beverage play though Dr. Pepper is the only option.

Good analysis.
...However... you forget...
MNST!!!

I've seen diet pepsis with a "now with no aspartame" tagline. Made me buy it. Of course the vending machine gave me an aspartame-filled one anyways.
I feel like that's a huge game-changer in the diet soda game, even for just for mixers. Most of the flavored carbonated shit you get is so expensive if it doesn't have aspartame.

>Japanese Alcopop
Is it lack of competition that allows American food/bev companies to sell so much cool weird shit to Japan?

>what's the safest thing right now?

VIX

Dr. Pepper already has already done this to their diet product line and are always ahead of the game while Coke and Pepsi are playing catchup. Plus it remained affordable.

Dr. Pepper will make a play on MNST or Red Bull after they finish paying off their debt from the Keurig merger in a couple years. Probably Red Bull because sales are slumping and the branding/management fits in better with their company than Monster and like I said they could probably get it for less now that Monster is taking over the energy drink business.

>Aquafina

I don't know how they manage to make water taste weird but this does. Baffling.

>Dr. Pepper

Terrible name for a soda company. I've never touched the stuff because of the association in my head from the first time I heard of it as a child.
Who would want to drink carbonated pepper medicine? That sounds awful.

It tastes like it's full of magnesium or something. Like I can down 3 bottles of Poland Springs without stopping but after a sip of Aquafina it's like I'm full, no more room.

When I was a teenager i worked graveyard at a Taco Bell. All the drugs were going into the window not out of it.

I was led to believe throughout my entire childhood that Dr. Pepper contained prune juice.

Attached: AnimuQuestions.png (1752x1120, 1.83M)

How can i get better at making smart investments? I don't want to just manually do what acorns does, but I'm still really new to investing and i feel like I'm just playing the long game because what i thought would be a good investment didn't do great.

Attached: driving.jpg (836x543, 111K)

Pick out companies where you like the product and think they have a promising future and wait for a dip.

I would recommend this too if youre insisting on going the individual stock pickers route. Also get something with a dividend if so

just play the long game, you're not better than the market.

GALT. Get in it.

Attached: 1550170778534.gif (268x268, 1.61M)

I had a relative that sold them blackberries for a while if that makes you feel any better about it.

>futures

Attached: 1541127713124.gif (450x506, 3.34M)

This is the ultimate strategy. Find a good product that you can see a potential for growth in and buy the stock cheap. Sometimes all the numbers shit are just noise. Don't forget about common sense.

ty but me no like IVR :<
think REITs are a scam and expect them for crash 99% at any moment
have for self for not sell IVR every day

Anyone gonna play the SGMO earnings?

WHY THE FUCK ARE FUTURES RED??? Nikkei and Shanghai had huge gains yesterday. Lots of bullish news. Market is RIGGED. Good news = selloff. We had no good news since December and yet 15% rally??? RIGGED SHIT. From now on I'm just going to view the public investments of congress members and copy there shit. Atleast that way I can participate in this rigged shit.

wasn't china closed for like an entire week?

30% large
30 mid
30 small
10 intl
with a 50/50 split between indexes and mutual funds in each bucket

but futures no red :<
they still 8 points higher than when opened closed Friday X_X

what you smokin

Attached: 1550422658974.jpg (1280x720, 85K)

they're -2 points right now. It's all over...

This guy made 23 million dollars in 3 years. What did you guys do the past 3 years besides posting on an anime message board? You guys make me sick.

Attached: Yk26WuI.jpg (1152x4174, 915K)

Asia usually responds to what the US does, not the other way around. US looked pretty vulnerable at Friday close so I'm not surprised to see mildly red futures an hour in. We'll see how it looks overnight and in to premarket.

I have a few things I would like to buy at a discount so wouldn't mind a solid red day.

Attached: 1550283634899.jpg (603x679, 96K)

That guy is a bad man.

So in this fucked up market now there is hope a stirring. In the form of NVAX, T and Dis of course.

Buy all three now while the getting is good. NVAX for the long term play on growth and profit out the ass. T and DIS for the Divvy payouts that each has. With these three you can't go wrong, after all how likely is it that Florida will sink like a stone before you kick the bucket for good? So buy them now and sit on your ass. Let the power of Drip and Greed work there magic for twenty years time. You return and reap the fat profits man.

Well i never claimed to be, but I'm talking super long game to get a good return. Tons of my investments lately have been disappointing, and I'm just trying to figure out aspects i should consider more so i stop getting burned quickly

Attached: 1538311049672.gif (598x450, 33K)

Why would you buy NVAX? Did you get vaccinated and have autism now or something?

>From now on I'm just going to view the public investments of congress members and copy there shit.
they make wayy more money from their non-public investments

Attached: russian roullet youve never played.jpg (725x1672, 135K)

>Tons of my investments lately have been disappointing
paper losses are the price of admission in the long game.

They aren't allowed to have non-public investments?

just view the sec filings of quant/hedge fund companies.
also buy anything owned by any good investor/company/fund/etc whenever it dips below the price when it was acquired.

this sounds like marketing line that broker would throw at boomer to keep them holding bags @_@

Attached: 1549924986083.gif (1224x1381, 1.59M)

Way to take all the fun out of it.

>market is closed
>for the first time in my fucking life I buy lotto scratch-offs

This is a bad sign for me, yes?

Damn that is actually the first good idea I seen posted on /smg/. Has anyone actually started to do this or automated it into something like an ETF? Even roboadvisor would be good.

Shoulda just started a new gacha

Anybody's take on GOOS? I bought a week before Earnings Call Q4, now I'm down 600. Is this an anomaly, will it get back to normal (soon), or is it generally reflective and accurate valuation because of the recent US retail sails report?

>or automated it into something like an ETF

gee I don't know
how about the ETFs that the companies themselves offer

Hello Jow Forums! Just got the Robinhood app, what should be my first investment?
>inb4 read the sticky

the marketing Genius of CAG

Attached: cagsnack.png (618x618, 298K)

Brazilian cheapies tomorrow. As long as his economic minister is in place, it's still a good instant

Forgot image

Attached: Screenshot_20190218-183703.png (1080x1920, 720K)

Am I alone in thinking those look delicious? What flavor are they?

Attached: DC69B1A9-0A52-4143-8D2D-BD7D53A8DE08.jpg (716x1060, 187K)

Lurk in the general, read books, watch youtube (I recommend Sven Carlin). Make the decision as to what you want in your portfolio for yourself.

If you need people to tell you what to get: I would recommend mutual funds; they will give you the sort of returns that lemmings with no personal autonomy deserve.

>made with stardust
It looks good, but its probably not Yoplait tier

Attached: xkab.jpg (1200x675, 83K)

Are you retarded? You never hold through earnings calls unless your avg share price is considerably lower than the price at earnings. The week before earnings is when traders buy in so they can sell off before the call, naturally inflating the price.

futures are GWEEN

Fuck, I'm fairly new, I started investing in January and was doing well with Pot Stocks (+800), as a result I got a little bit cocky I guess. Thanks for the info, I also appreciate the call back to reality.

>"Yeah, I'm a good person. Did I tell you that I'm a good person?"
Just because you don't understand the laws of the land doesn't mean your immune to them. This guy is setting up for failure. He should give everyone a return on there initial investment and take off.

Changing your production to FOMO into last years meme. I've never seen this work out well.

Futures are flatter than the prepubescent girls those unicorn snack packs were designed for.

futures are SWIGHTWY GWEEN

Took care of my mom while she died from lung cancer, lost 120 lbs, went back to school, got a job, learned a second language.

He should have hired experts, like lawyers and accountants, if he couldn't be bothered to figure out the tax code. He has the money for it, anyways, the dumbass.

>He should give everyone a return on there initial investment and take off.

No he should just fucking take off lol.

He could pay off a few of his preferred clients and take off on the other 70%.

Recorded a bunch of audio books, dubbed some professional anime, helped develop a VR curriculum, and started a VR arcade. Busy three years for me honestly

Attached: yogurtgirl1.png (823x482, 470K)

Thank you for the advice.

Oh market. I've missed you. It feels like it's been so long.

Attached: 1548095768783m.jpg (550x1024, 87K)

>RH gold
>"Gives you access to pre-market and after-hours"
>pre-market starts at 9am
>after-hours ends at 6am

Uh okay. There's like 7 hours missing there buddy.

futures are WED

mine is
55% weed stocks
25% crypto
10% apple
10% T

can you please fuck off back to larp on reddit? why the fuck do you have to bring it here? this is so fucking stupid

Danone’s Danimals drinkable yogurts are the superior yogurt solution for the modern workplace. Even better than Yoplait’s Gogurt line

Attached: 693F6D1C-4BA1-4AAB-9334-F39BBD590E86.jpg (2200x2200, 1.02M)

and it's kosher, dannons drinkable danimals are certified dankable.

Earnings don't matter for SGMO
For research-stage biotech companies, what matters is the days when they announce results, or when their competition announces results.

I/we are long SGMO from under 8.50, target price at least $20. They are announcing something sometime in March. It could still go down again, you never know. But get what you can under $10, and if it stays under $10 buy even more.

whalewisdom.com

CAG already making me money and the divvy hasn't even hit yet. If you didn't buy under $21.50 that's on you

I'm already holding BRFS, LND, CIG, etc. Guess I will have to double down on Brazil

Danimals is so nut, Its definitely a close second place in the yogurt world

they're owned by a french parent cac40 component and just went on sale.

what are the odds we don't dump at 2800?

I think the odds are good we don't even see 2800 and dump before then.

I have my cags. people underestimate pinnacle

I need to get my hands on some Danone, and also some danimals. and Bic too

non-gold gets the same hours now, too.

if we saunter up to 2800 over the next two/three days on no news then no dump.
or we could dip another couple days and then resume melt-up. again, no reason why we would dump at 2800 in that case.

if it pumps too fast then maybe

but right now I see the market as really pussy-mode, just weak. some bears gave up, but bulls don't have much to work with if they want to justify 2850, 2900 etc. on the road to ATH. I don't really think that 2800 means as much as some people think it does/

Attached: theEnd.png (257x225, 33K)

What are we buying tomorrow lads? I'm going to buy me some MKC.