Is it smart to invest into index funds right now?

is it smart to invest into index funds right now?

Attached: dummypepe.png (657x527, 11K)

Normies buy index funds. Don’t be a normie

>investing in a ponzi scheme

Depends on the alternative. If the alternative is sitting on your money and waiting on the mythical correction that "imminent", then yes, get your ass in there. Waiting for the perfect entry point / being afraid of entering the market is probably the biggest mistake you could make.

Split your investment across a year or two to achieve a cost-averaging effect. You can't time the market, so split the risk and enter with lower sums each quarter.

If you have something better to do with your money - eh, it's not particularly appealing (like say in 2009).

>shunning investments for the sake of being different

Practically, you can always sell your ETF for its current price. There is next to no risk that your money is just lost to a scam.

Philosophically - yeah sure, but what isn't? You will always need some other idiot putting money into the system if you ever want to sell your assent. No different in crypto or real estate.

>You can't time the market
You honestly can if you're not a fucking mongoloid. God I hate this boomer meme that stocks are just a total random walk. If you actually paid attention to the peaks and troughs of the market in the context of all indicators and economic factors relevant at each moment in time, the market makes complete sense.

I've done a study myself: does it make more sense to DCA annually, or keep your savings in t-bills and only put your savings in stocks following a notable decline (20% or more). The latter strategy dramatically outperformed the former.

tl:dr: if you want to be a brainless monkey and still outperform the troglodytes of Jow Forums, never buy when stocks are at all-time highs.

>boomer meme that stocks are just a total random walk
Who said it was a complete random walk? You're strawmanning pretty hard here.
>If you actually paid attention to the peaks and troughs of the market in the context of all indicators and economic factors relevant at each moment in time, the market makes complete sense.
OP posted a frog picture and asked on a Singaporean Woodcarving Forum whether to invest money right now or not. You think he'll be able to "make complete sense" of the market? I deliberately wrote "*you* can't time the market", not "the market is impossible to time".
>I've done a study myself [...] The latter strategy dramatically outperformed the former.
Let me guess - a whole lot of backtesting and zero actual investing? Yeah, hallmark of a true investment guru.
>keep your savings in t-bills
Like I said
>If you have something better to do with your money - eh, it's not particularly appealing (like say in 2009).

>le backtesting doesn't work meme

Backtesting something as basic as what I proposed is fine, retard.

>backtesting doesn't work
Which I've said where exactly?
Not knowing when to quit, constantly fighting with strawmen and having to resort to insults is not a good combination, if you want people to take you seriously, kid. You sound angry. Therapy can help with that.

I really don't care if some loser on Jow Forums who thinks he's slick dancing around wording takes me seriously.

Normies don't even know what index funds are...and even if they do invest it is a paltry sum at most. Normies are horrible with money.

Commission free buying of strong companies > normie funds with expense ratios

The top 30% of normies do. And 90% of stock market capitalization is owned by the richest 1% of the USA anyway, you want to keep your wealth where the rich keep their wealth.

It's not smart to invest in anything right now

>dude I looked at charts and stuff and totally figured what to do and when to time the market

Oh boy. I always love the new arrivals

Yeah buy into a market ath ask redit how that turned out

This.

OP, you don't want to be like the rest, do you?

Attached: 1549629077508.jpg (2409x2268, 831K)

Not unless you have >100k in funds just sitting around doing nothing.

>sign is still true without the "well behaved" qualifier
what a waste of neon.

buy apple it's essentially the S&P 500

Index funds go down quick and up slowly. So i dont. I buy into Monthly Dividend stocks when they drop from bad news and HODL til retirement.
Also I buy into Exchange tokens like BNB, KCS, XCM, and NTS

an expense ratio of .04-.1% really isn't shit.