I have a phone interview tomorrow and my anxiety is off the charts...

I have a phone interview tomorrow and my anxiety is off the charts. I generally struggle with human interactions all the time unless I’m drunk af.
No I’m not going to drink for my interview it’s early in the morning. I already pushed this interview off from last week by faking being sick. Any advice? I’m considering just not doing it.

Attached: 6A2DEBAA-23A2-4ADA-9701-006B43F8DB59.jpg (159x150, 6K)

>not going to drink
>just take 1 shot you pussy

have some breakfast mimosas and crush your interview fren

Attached: pepeballer.jpg (900x900, 77K)

Drink several glasses of whiskey ahead of time

GABA
Taurine
5-HTP

Works like a charm

Take some phenibut, some propanolol and some caffeine.

If you have none of those, don't worry, no bad outcome can come out of this. Either you get the job or you get some valuable practice. I've had interviews go horribly wrong because of social anxiety but you just have to remember you don't give a fuck about those people and keep working for the next one. Eventually, when you have enough experience you don't even get that nervous. Most times they ask the same bullshit. Practice makes the master!

Good luck, user, I'm proud of you.

Tell them to have some respect and honor to give you a interview face to face otherwise they can fuck off

Holy shit, looks like we have arrived at a 3-drug combo that achieves more or less the same effects but we're using 3 different drugs for it. Jow Forums truly is the university of social anxiety.

Not to freak you out OP but phone interviews are the worst.

Have they seen your resume? That helps because it breaks the ice and it allows them to know what you are all about and start the questioning. The thing about phone interviews that is always hard is that you can't read each other. You have no idea if it is going well or not.

Honestly what this guy said.

If they can't be arsed to meet you, they don't really care. At the very least do skype (dress appropriately and be in a well lit room with a blank backdrop, check equipment beforehand.)

I disagree, I've did a phone interview once in bed and in my pajamas and got the job. like with most things in life, the solution is not giving a fuck.

Thanks this post was pretty reassuring. I don’t have access to any of those drugs really tho.

Yes they’ve seen my resume, it’s just the first stage “to get to know me more”

Also guys if they ask the vague “tell me about yourself” thing in the beginning what do I say?

My job interview is in 2 hours. I cracked open a /sip/ to come across as enthusiastic. My advice for nerves is to be dead inside so you don't care about anything.

Go go to the doctors right now and get propranolol. It was a life saver and many anons here use it. Its easy to get (I think it's even otc in burger land I'm not sure). It won't stop the nervous thoughts but you will be stone cold, no quivering voice no sweaty palms. I use it for presentations and I go God mode. Pop 40mg of it 30 min before your interview. GL user

Sales job? You'll do great

Attached: 1550331887681.png (2118x1070, 1.71M)

>faking being sick, still has interview

what the fuck faggot still wants to hire you? You could show up shitfaced with a pussyhat and still get hired. If you fuck this up OP, an hero because there is no hope for you

Say something as NPC sounding as you can. Pick a couple of hobbies that you could talk about, talk about "your projects", a bit about your past, education, experience... Finish with something that you're doing lately.

this picture changed my life

Attached: 1549357879172.png (988x1416, 940K)

Dude, phone interview is fucking nothing. Try cold calling. That's some real shit.

It's not human interaction
you are interacting with a swarm intelligence

say thanks for talking with me
say I'm looking for the right fit
earnestly try to see if you are the right fit

pretend not to be ego-centric or overly selfish
listen

good luck

Hey guys OP here (not sure if my ID is gonna change). I decided I’m not gonna do the interview, I don’t care about the job enough to deal with the anxiety. I’m gonna let the phone ring when they call