Market Protocol Stabs Chainlink in the Back

Did anyone else see the EthDenver presentations?

Bass Bauman of Market Protocol BTFO'd Chainlink on stage in front of everyone. This is probably the reason the price is tanking.

His team made a decentralized Oracle called "Delfi" which is cheaper and faster than Chainlink. You can see the presentation here at the 57:20 mark. vimeo.com/317732706

Teams really will just build their own decentralised oracles.

Attached: Baz from Market Protocol.png (1191x661, 243K)

>12 nodes
>decentralized
kek

brutal. Big L for the chainlink turds

It works for maker

The panel (including Erik Voorhees and ConsenSYS) seemed to like it awarding them the 'most innovative' award....

Attached: oh boy.png (1270x877, 832K)

This is good FUD, thanks! To the brainlets who are logging into binance right now... It's not comparable to chainlink, it's a simple smart contract, not an oracle really. It doesn't give you any data that wasn't on-chain already, they just read and aggregate DEX-prices. They got the definition of decentralized wrong, one might say this isn't even an oracle. This concept wouldn't work with stock prices for example, chainlink will. It's just a cute little web-dapp, that's it. Chill out guys, it's literally not comparable and Sergey was probably face-palming when seeing this.

>guys it's nothing just believe in your bags okay

Btw, check the questions from vorhees and the other guy at 1:00:30 or so when the frenchie finished. He asked how much it costs and the team replied nothing. Then he asks how that is possible. It's possible because it's not an oracle, it's just a fucking explorer for a certain stat on-chain, which is DAI/ETH. It's not even remotely an oracle, oracles get off-chain data on-chain. This does not. It's basically etherscan for a very specific pool of contracts (dexes).

1000$ EOY

Lol

>nothing here, look away

Kek Delphi isn't just a discord group anymore hahaha
> The absolute state

Attached: 1550394748841.jpg (600x600, 213K)

To be honest, if you fell for ops fud you don't deserve to have chainlink, but thanks anyway.

>LOW COST!
>FAST!

Worthless shit. Same retards that bought into Nano because they think low fees and speed is the best possible route.
Listen to me closley you brainlets. The only advantage a decentralized system has over a centralized one is security. Its a rather slow and expensive database BY VERY NATURE.
Companies spend extra money to guarantee a level of security, which saves them a lot more then the overhead cost of using it in the first place.
And anyone who is impressed by speed is a peanut brained idiot.

Fuck off geek

Fuck off delphi

Attached: 1550472347549.jpg (1125x1997, 1.92M)

We know nothing yet about the cost of Chainlink, or even the speed since there are already solutions lined up where Chainlink helps ETH scale.

What a bunch of scammers.

Based.

this is actually bullish for chainlink

Attached: verge-privacy-coin-comparison.jpg (900x560, 49K)

And OP just got destroyed. Not to mention we don't even know the cost and speed or chainlink yet. Also, chainlink is an framework for oracles to sell data so if it was an oracle, which it's not, it could sell on chainlinks platform anyways.

>#BUIDL
They will fail 100%, they are just

So are you saying that Market Protocol (who are building with chainlink) haven't been told the cost and speed yet?

Of course they would have been told by the Chainlink team. It would be some of the first things in discussion.

Now this Market Protocol dev is saying on stage at ETH Denver that Chainlink is too slow and too costly.

Really gets the noggin' joggin'

>So are you saying that Market Protocol (who are building with chainlink) haven't been told the cost and speed yet?
Here's a direct quote from Sergey at ETHDenver:
"(...) And the second question that I think we'll figuring out on the way is: what are people willing to pay for decentralized computation in this specific form."
So clearly Sergey himself doesn't even know.
Which is perfectly logical for anyone with half a brain since we're talking about a free, decentralized marketplace that isn't out yet.
Nobody fucking knows what the cost will settle to.

You should have known this if you weren't a complete brainlet.

I am more clever than you.

and just to reiterate again, the Delfi oracle costs 0

Freememium software is a meme user

Attached: 1548426783798.jpg (600x688, 116K)

Clearly.
And you seem to know more about Chainlink than Sergey.
AND you seem to have a crystal ball that determines the free market price of something before that free market is even a thing.

>and just to reiterate again, the Delfi oracle costs 0
Except for the gas cost, lmao.
Plus, the reason it doesn't "cost" anything (even though it does) is because this isn't actually an oracle. It just scrapes for already on-chain data.

>price is tanking.

The fuck are you talking about?

maybe Sergey have some tips/predictions about the price, but why would he go public with it?! that would manipulate the price. maybe he said some price to clients (market protocol) and that's on whay they base their statement.
on the other hand 0 is less than anything more than 0, so yeah, it will be cheaper whatever CL can offer :)

>maybe Sergey have some tips/predictions about the price, but why would he go public with it?! that would manipulate the price. maybe he said some price to clients (market protocol) and that's on whay they base their statement.
How could Sergey know the price of a free-market item before that item is even on the free market?

>on the other hand 0 is less than anything more than 0, so yeah, it will be cheaper whatever CL can offer :)
Delfi isn't free, you still pay gas.
And Delfi isn't actually an oracle, it scrapes for alread on-chain data. It does not connect external data, which is the whole point of oracles.

>>on the other hand 0 is less than anything more than 0, so yeah, it will be cheaper whatever CL can offer :)
>Delfi isn't free, you still pay gas.
>And Delfi isn't actually an oracle, it scrap

Are you forgetting that Sergey owns 2/3 existing LINK? He will be able to control the price very easily, because he controls supply on the market.

>Are you forgetting that Sergey owns 2/3 existing LINK? He will be able to control the price very easily, because he controls supply on the market.
This has nothing to do with the fiat price end users will pay.

Keep trying though, surely some retarded idea will stick at some point.

>wants to create a never seem before marketplace for oracles
>crashes the price

Not going to happen

Thank you Delphi, very cool.

chainlink could very easily range from free to really expensive... running a node is virtually free resource wise and many APIs are not paid. To say it's "expensive" before the market has launched is just disingenuous.

Fudders used to keep droning on about how you could run zero-Link nodes (i.e. cost-free), but now they conveniently forgot lmao.

>Plus, the reason it doesn't "cost" anything (even though it does) is because this isn't actually an oracle. It just scrapes for already on-chain data.
This also implies that it can't use any API, which is the biggest selling point of a real oracle. No APIs, forget about TEEs, etc.
The point of the delfi oracle is to keep the price of something very easy to access.It takes data from immutable sources after contract creation, so it's unlikely that it'll get compromised, also with this constraint, it can't be an oracle to anything other than decentralized information already on the blockchain. You wouldn't use an oracle for this anyway.

This isn't even a chainlink competitor, but a different type of product.

>Implying anyone wants to use a fking overpriced oracle
Chainlink btfo

Hey guys OP here, was just fudding because I wanted to buy some more. I have some very good news but since you were rude to me I'm not going to share it.

I guess you'll just have to trust me Haha

Attached: Sergenew.jpg (900x1200, 190K)

Haha. You're intelligent and very funny. Plees tel moar

Plz op I'm ready.

Attached: aku_lining_up.jpg (923x713, 279K)

Criminally underrated

Except it isn't tanking.

Oh no.. LINK is dumping upwards again

You would think swinglinkers would learn.

HAHA GOOD ONE

Go suck a dick