Is a degree in Finance any good?

Is a degree in Finance any good?

Attached: grad-2018.jpg (350x350, 159K)

Is a degree in anything any good?

> Best friend went to school for penis sniffing
> I went for penis sniff auditor
> Make double his salary and barely work

Feels good brehs

A degree in a skilled trade that builds everything weak women need to survive is good. Trades will always demand a high wage.

Degrees will pay McDonalds wages with the swarm of girls soon coming with degrees.

My shop has zero women. They are not profitable for a private company.

Attached: A Real Man.jpg (1300x867, 210K)

Which trade is best for an unathletic lanklet?

You have to be fucking knowledgable if you want to make tradesman wages without physical effort.

I work as an electrical foreman. I love spinning the tools. But I can take it easy on my body and boss apprentices around because I figured out how to things work. I figured out how construction works. I figured out the steps. I learned the material of the trade. I memorized this shit. Now I make $46.30 and hour, with a pension and annuity. I get this because I learned how to fucking control a jobsite while I was an apprentice.

You will need to work hard for your 5 years. But you need to learn how to lay out a job. After that, its easy sailing. There are not many people good at laying out an electrical job.

Im looking for an electrical apprenticeship got any tips for getting one, or know something that other people dont?

>tfw i went to college for a stupid degree instead of just continuing my apprenticeship

Attached: 1550275538235.jpg (1024x962, 67K)

Depends
>top 10 undergrad
Yes you'll work 120 hrs a week as a I banking analyst making 200k out of school
>not top 10 undergrad
no, you'll work as a bank teller or loan officer

good for banging roasties if you're fit

If you enjoy suicide

Only if you already have the connections to get your foot in the door someplace. Otherwise, don't bother.

I recommend union IBEW apprenticeship if you can get in.

But regardless of IBEW. I would have apprenticed though non-union if I did not get into IBEW.

Study the fucking code book. Learn motor controls. Its fucking simple.

Most the guys going into the trades are hard workers, but THEY ARE FUCKING STUPID.

The best apprentice I ever had did not know the basic motor controls I knew when I was a 1st year.

I will break it down for you.

-Learn how circuits work.

-Learn how relays work. This is huge. Learn how a fucking relay works. We use this shit all the time. If you understand this shit you are a boss.

-Apply your knowledge of relays to motor controls.

-Learn how to use the code book to size conduit and wire. Learn how to derate wire. Conduit fill is fucking easy, just download an app, don't even bother looking in the code book.

-Learn material of the trade. Learn its proper name so you can order the material.

-Don't be a problem for the contractor. Don't bitch about things. Don't ask questions all the time over stupid little things, make decisions and solve the little things in the field.

If you do these things. You are going to be fucking invaluable.

Not sure at this point. I did Blaw/BCommerce (but majored in PR as I was retarded at the time). Having worked in equities for a year now I'd suggest that an undergraduate degree in something more hardcore e.g. comp sci, maths, science or really even lighter stuff like humanities is probably more useful than a finance undergrad. Will give a broader base of skills that can then be refined towards finance through practical experience on the job or further qualifications like post-grad Finance or a CFA.

I'm doing CFA Level 1 now as it was a cheaper/easier test of the waters than jumping headlong into a master degree.

Prob will do a masters if I continue to like my path in the industry. If not go back to law, or more likely do something else entirely. (I regret law quite a bit)

I'm an officecuck but what you do sounds pretty cool. How come in media tradesmen are seen as poor uneducated retards?

Only if I dont have to kill myself.

Retardation just means low intelligence, not wisdom. has wisdom

Why? Are you useless in equities? Or is it a shit job for everyone? Are the techies (compsci etc) getting the better jobs?

Equities is not where the smartest people go. If you can talk shit about a company/stock that's pretty much all you need. The more technical parts are easily covered by a CFA.

If you want to end up in a specialized or more technical area you would probably be better off doing a post-grad finance degree and in that case why bother doing an undergrad finance degree (which will only cover fairly basic stuff a CFA or other professional qualification also covers, from what I've heard from people who've done both). Unless your country etc requires a finance undergrad to do post-grad.

Programming is certainly a skill highly rated and applicable to many places, though larger operations would probably have specialized teams to do it, while a degree in a field outside finance will give you an edge in understanding companies etc which are in that area.

It mainly pertains to being an analyst but that's where most people will start if they're not trying to be brokers etc (which really just involves being able to talk shit and get sales). Many analysts end up specializing in one particular industry/style of company, which is where having another non-financial degree helps.

Really just my opinion and I'm pretty much going by feel. I ended up in finance at random when I was sitting around after graduating law. While I'm sure a proper finance degree would have some more rigorous content in it than the intro shit I only got as far as doing (e.g. intro finance, econ), commerce/business degrees have heaps of extraneous useless shit and are one of the main degrees that are treated like a factory so the experience will not be highly enriching.

I went to a non-top tier 'strayan Uni though but it would apply to many institutions.

oversatured, overworked and shit. a lot of women in the field, not meritocratic, piss easy, better off getting an accounting degree as nothing in finance cant be self taught with ease.

What would you say to do if I'm interested mainly in personal investing/personal finance? I've spent many hours researching various index funds, building a future investment portfolio for myself, etc. I find it interesting, but I'm at a loss as to what I should do from here.
I'm also very interested in computers(mainly sys admin stuff, not so much programming).

if coupled with computer skills maybe
other than that no, expect to fight tooth and nail for a job with a ridiculously long hours which will be replaced by a computer in the next 10 years

Interesting. I generally agree with your conclusions even though I have no experience of my own. I will at least try to get in a recognizable university. Ideally I would like to use any skills and connections I make to start my own business. The reason I don't want to do more technical stuff is that I have decided not to associate with neckbeards even if it makes me poorer in the long term. I value my quality of life.

MD pays well. JD lets you sue in court. Maybe RN. thats about it

Attached: 685C3145-7168-4A09-8232-5CA29910DA3C.jpg (850x1062, 209K)

Roll to see which one becomes a future cool wine aunt:
1-3 - all 4 of them
4-6 - all 4 of them
7-9 - all 4 of them

Not as good as an accounting degree.