Know some Python

>know some Python
>try to make a money generator
>buy when the rate of change becomes positive, sell when it goes negative
>think this'll work
>it obviously fucking doesn't
I feel like a retard, but even looking into machine learning it looks like computers can't do this shit very well. Are humans the only way to go?

Attached: python-programming-language.png (600x600, 126K)

Python is not fast enough for that. The idea works just there are a few 1000 people with faster bots. Best is to write it in C. I hate C so I just wrote mine in java using threads. Each thread is looping through the currency pairs. You need at least 8 cores (4+4HT) for this to be effective.

Just use it to give you signals, not actually buy shit

I was having it update like once a minute, it wasn't built with incredibly fast speeds in mind.

this will work until flash crashes happens and you will lose lot of money and this is just one of the problems you could encounter.

t. retard
the bottleneck isn't processing speed. It's network. how fast you can send/receive info from the exchange. so you need to run your bot on a server close to wherever the api requests are being handled

this. if your ping is latent, you're going to loose $.

Buy high & sell low

> Python
> Machine Learning

Pick one faggot, python is so fucking slow and disgusting, it's a meme language. Use C++ to create your own NN and then talk to me

( Also make it run the more complicated equations on haskell )

Attached: AyyyyyLMAO.gif (400x225, 513K)

First prog lang you reccomend for a beginner?

>this guy doesn't know keras runs on gpus

you know nothing about machine learning

>He thinks Python isn't just calling a bunch of C libraries.
Literally retarded

#1. Basic IT ( How memory works, storage, general syntax )

#2. Some super basic C++ ( Anyone can understand it it's easy to print shit to the screen )

#3. Solve some common CS problems ( n Queens, hanoi's tower or whatever his name is )

#4. Now you know how programming works on a low lever ( more or less )
You :
- Know Memory Allocation
- StackOverFlow
- Fucking data types ( People came up to me to teach them these because they started learning python before anythin else )

vs.

Python Kid:
None of the above

Alternatively if you want to make super quick progress but not be completely retarded like in python, try web developement, it's still not 100% recommended that way but anythin is better than python

At the end of the line that was an OPINION, if you like python stick with it, but later on your career path you will see that you will hit roadblocks that you had
no idea they existed, and everyone else is laughing at you "Lmao dude it's literally the first thing you learn"

Python =/= tensorFlow

( TensorFlow is literally C++ and CUDA, python is just the bridge so that mentally damaged people can use it without thinking too hard about it )

I shit on python solely because of the syntax and the fact that any autist can learn it,
I've had people pay me to tutor them and then when I asked them about fucking variable types... they didn't know jack shit
wanna know why? Because python doesn't teach you that shit... you literally [code]penis=3[/code] no variable type, no nothing.
Not to mention it's waaaaaaay slower than any other fucking language, even JS beats it

Literally google

[code]
What was {PYTHON LIBRARY} programmed in
[/code]

50% C, 40% C++, 10% other

Attached: grrr.jpg (1280x1024, 252K)

Problem is when python sends data to and from those library calls via stdio, or worse, calling the C libraries as binaries meaning they need to get a process space from the OS and pass messages via stdio or message passing. Python is a god-awful language and most people using it write insanely slow code, even if there are batches of work that are totally native.

This

Attached: relevant.jpg (795x622, 100K)

python is fine for ML since speed critical parts of any decent library are in native code and python allows you to get comfy without wasting time writing tons of garbage lines

Python is fine for most computation. Stop gatekeeping.

If you're going to write a hacky script to do something simple, 100% agree, not gonna spend 4 hours in C++ just to make a semi-working file sorting system, or web crawler, etc...

Yes C++ also has libraries, but desu it's a chore to learn them, python is just dead simple, it has it's uses as all languages

Attached: pepe_good.jpg (300x300, 22K)

This

Now that my REEEE is done, I can argue like a normal human being.

I hate python with a passion simply because it dumbs people down, I know classmates I had, that have no clue about CS just because
they sticked to python and have no clue about 99% of the most basic shit in computer science, they have no idea how ram works, why
speed matters, how to optimize, etc... They write shitty slow programs that then they market as "fast", and it's not the non-programmer's
fault that he doesn't know python isn't made for his kind of business, all he knows is that he got a product that was advertised as "good"
and "fast" and that python is a cool language that all programmers know just because it's popular... It just saddens me to go to my ex-coworkers
and tell them how I am so stupid because I forgot to delete a pointer and it was a funny 10 minute experience of "what the fuck". They literally
have no fucking clue what a pointer is. It's really really stupid...

> use python it's better
It's slow...
> What do you mean, look "2+2" and it spits 4 instantly

I have god damn "PTSD" from dumb ass people like that, I shouldn't shit on python this hard, but people misuse it...
( on my ex job )
My ex-boss made a whole datacenter API based on FLASK ( python library ) and instead of using something normal
and made for that kind of stuff ( nodejs/php ) he insisted on forcing us to use javascirpt ajax calls on each page to ping
his shitty fucking api for all the session variables... literally, the site is so fucking slow, and it crashes every 2 minutes
but he "know what he is doing"...

Attached: 1549887476558.gif (500x500, 1.7M)

there are gay men on this subreddit who don't like C.
pathetic.

Fren, you literally made a buy high sell low bot! Pls share it with biz/ this will automate brainlets. Thank you

python has its uses, lad, but mainly as a scripting/prototyping language

lmao, I've been making money with my python script for the last 18 months. Take acid and come up with a more creative algorithm baka

there's a billion pajeets who know how to code, you're not gonna create a money generator that works with your rudimentary python knowledge. if it was that easy everyone would do it

>there's a billion pajeets who know how to code

this fucking meme again.

Yes, but they are shit at algorithms/original thought.

most machine learning and data science people are more focused on the underlying ML/AI concepts and don't want to concern themselves with the nuances of a low level programming language. Nobody gives a shit about learning C++ syntax or how to prevent memory leaks, it's a waste of brain power. If you can solve the problem using a python lib you'd be a retard to try to reinvent the wheel for the millionth time in C++.

99% of all situations it's better to use a tool that allows you to solve the problem quickly and write bug free code, rather than try to optimize to save processing time. A programmer's time is way more expensive than a CPU's time.

You can make a ML/AI framework that's just as elegant and non-verbose in C++ though. People just don't want to learn it because they know python and are too lazy to learn something new, or that they find intimidating, regardless of how much faster it can make their code, even at the expense of next to zero verbosity/added complexity if you know what you're doing.

This kind of thinking really steps on my OCD.
Imagine the uncountably enormous number of clock cycles wasted on this earth that could be fixed if some brainlet code monkey had just written better code. The number is probably in the billions for just ONE RESTful server making ONE API call.

Was meant for

> Being this much of a brainlet
Thanks for proving his point, keep flexing how you don't need to know low level

Attached: IMG-20180430-WA0015.jpg (483x701, 24K)

I've been writing a lot of Python code for intensive computations. It's what I learned first. For the most part it's fine, because I use numpy which has static typed arrays, so it is faster than iterating through loops, but now I'm getting to a point where it's too slow to function. I wrote a program that will take 72 hours to do a data optimization routine. It's fucking ridiculous. I was thinking that I might have to implement the function in C++ and call it in Python for the optimization. I have to use Python because it's part of my job. I only know a little C++ so far. I can definitely see why people hate Python though, it has a lot of limitations that most people won't ever discover or even realize.

does your strategy become positive if you switch the buy and sell signals?
Sometimes you just need to change a few factors for it to become profitable

For a strategy as autistic as OP the problem is most likely fees. The rate of change just changes all the time because even 1 minute price action is choppy as fuck.

>program that will take 72 hours to do a data optimization routine
from multiprocessing import Process

Your code is probably a shit and you're not using numpy as effectively as you could be.

t. nopants

>What is tensorflow

My code is not shit mate, you take that back right now. I'm using numpy as best as it can be used

you're limited by the exchange's host, not your meme language speed.

Post it, then so we can make fun of it

>doxxing myself to prove an autist wrong
wew lad

When you hit the constraints, optimize. Don't prematurely optimize and don't mistake architectural issues with language issues.
I'd guess you need to move computation to the gpu using tensorflow or similar. You may be able to just offload part of it. Do the simplest thing that works.
Ignore some neckbeard arguing about how you need to do manual memory allocation for matrix multiplication in C++. That is the dumbest shit I've heard and comes from fear of knowledge & experience becoming obsolete.

brainlet, it's not about the language you're using