Why won't millenials just work for free??

>Entitled Millennials have been given an “inflated” sense of self-importance due to social media and are no longer willing to do unpaid work to advance their careers.

>That’s the view of Muffin Break general manager Natalie Brennan, who says the precipitous decline in eager young university students and graduates started “about 10 years ago”.

>“There’s just nobody walking in my door asking for an internship, work experience or unpaid work, nobody,” Ms Brennan said.

>“You don’t see it anymore. Before that people would be knocking on your door all the time, you couldn’t keep up with how many people wanted to be working. In fact I’d run programs because there were so many coming in.”

>Last year she had one intern in marketing and “that was it”. “I can’t even remember the one before that, six, seven, eight years ago,” she said.

>“In essence they’re working for free, but I can tell you every single person who has knocked on my door for an internship or work experience has ended up with a job. Every single person, because they back themselves.”

She's right millennialbros, we are WAY too entitled and should pull ourselves up by our bootstraps and demand to work for free.

Attached: Capture.png (1007x899, 618K)

Other urls found in this thread:

news.com.au/finance/work/careers/muffin-break-boss-fury-over-youth-who-wont-work-unpaid/news-story/57607ea9a1bbe52ba7746cff031306f2
themercury.com.au/business/work/muffin-break-boss-fury-over-youth-who-wont-work-unpaid/news-story/57607ea9a1bbe52ba7746cff031306f2?nk=c76ecabcd49699e73d9799413dec4f21-1550955280
archive.is/uYrQI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

news.com.au/finance/work/careers/muffin-break-boss-fury-over-youth-who-wont-work-unpaid/news-story/57607ea9a1bbe52ba7746cff031306f2

FUCK BOOMERS

AND ZOOMERS

>Natalie Brennan
>(((Brennan)))

Every single fucking time.

Attached: 1487602581801.jpg (732x746, 41K)

Why aren't you interning in a coffee shop you disgusting neet?

Doesn't make any difference either way you won't be able to afford a home

IM FUCKING SICK OF BOOMERS!!!!!!

IM FUCKING SICK OF MILLENIAL CULTURE!!!!

I WANT OUT OF THIS TIMELINE!!!!

all top keks in this thread so far. absolutely based, each and every one of you little gems, like stars, shining so brightly, keep shining, keep shining.

Good. Anyone who volunteers to do paid work for free is a traitor to their industry for driving down entry-level wages.

(((O'Malley)))
(((Corleone)))
(((Worthington)))
(((Li)))

if you ever consider working for free you are a dumb fucking cuck and everything that is wrong with society
free internships should be outlawed and doing so should be finable for both parties

you want a $50000 minimum wage? why not? minimum wage should be $0. I would pay money to gain work experience at a top company

>t. *tink* *tink* ahem

>Internship
"Go sit in somewhere and staple things and sometimes go on coffee runs"

Brennan is Irish you fucking retard.

I can't afford to work for free

>I would pay money to gain work experience at a top company
And you should. You should pay at least $25k taxes/year.

Gotta love how media sells millenials/gen Y people as folks who spend every walking moment hanging at trendy restaurants, enjoying healthy, expensive meals, laughing and posting on the internet.
Meanwhile, my life consists of working, commuting, a brief exercise routine to slow down the inevitable decay of my body from sitting behind a desk 8 hours a day, and maybe have 1/2 hours to myself, before I having to restart the cycle.
I can only do that stereotypical millenial stuff on weekends

Oh yeah, and unpaid work is for cucks and actively ruin society.

Irish scum

DEATH TO ZIONIST JEW PISS
RISE UP YOOMERS

Attached: 1550641283630.jpg (490x488, 34K)

this thread gives me hope

makes me happy to know that entitled zoomers are suffering

I feel you bro, my life exactly the same. The worst being that even though I make a decent living, I know I will never be able to afford buying a fucking 1.5m flat to raise a 4 people family.

kek

Attached: 1507929880443.png (710x577, 30K)

thats how f&b industry was built, cheap or free labour in exchange for learning skills taught my a master, so she's not wrong, because it happened to her when she started out.
sure boomers dont understand how the world works anymore, but its not because they feel entitled to things they never went through

This, even in Mexico internships are paid, pennies of course but you got to learn and at least you can pay the bus to go to work and your tacos for lunch

Lol nah dingus.
It's easier to get a job when you have a job.
The problem with all you dumb Cucks and these threads of dummies posting
>I applied to 509 jobs and not one return call
It's literally because your asking someone to pay you 80k a year with no experience let alone a current fucking job

They have no clue if you can even commit to 40 hours a week.
Why the fuck do you think I'd hire some dumb faggot that went to school to quite literally regurgitate information handed to them? Like what good is that to me as an employer. Literally nothing. My 7 year old cousin knows how to search for information.

Companies forgot the value of comprehensive training ages ago. Legitimate apprenticeship programs were killed off in the 70s and 80s. They were replaced by a sea of hit-or-miss secondary education that the employee has to pay for. The closest replacement was the internship, which eventually left the student paying to work. The UK seems to have it really bad. They have apprenticeships in nearly every field, but the programs are exploited for cheap £2/hr labor and do a terrible job of training.

Now the economy is thriving and there is a lack of talent (especially fresh talent). Proper apprenticeships and paid training have been coming back.

Anyone still exploiting the starved experience of a bygone ragged economy is bound to be fucked, at least in the short-term. Feels good

Attached: John_Morris.png (305x341, 172K)

why would anyone larp as a boomer?

boomerposting is irresistible sometimes

Attached: 50-Best-Funny-Minion-Quotes-4315-4.jpg (610x559, 159K)

Am I missing something? Based on my 20 second google search muffin break is a coffee shop franchise.

Since when were there internships at coffee shops? I understand internships at law firms, banks, etc but a coffee shop?

Someone help me understand

Attached: 1550267218206.jpg (1024x1018, 114K)

you think you can just get experience for free?
experience comes at a COST
greedy fucks

You are missing the lifeskills working overtime and under constant stress for free can help you build.

(( Irish ))

I appreciate getting experience, but what experience is to be had at a coffee shop? It's not exactly a difficult job considering every time I go to a coffee shop it's usually a bunch of teenage girls who aren't exactly brimming with valuable skills.

>working overtime is a skill
jesus standards for skills aren't what they used to be

Also chill brah, I'm a stanch capitalist.

What's shocking is a coffee shop owner thinking they are giving out "skills and experience"

Only thing more baffling is people believing that

I am unironically half Irish and half Jewish, ergo I am indeed (((Irish)))

Can you believe the arrogance of these millenials? They think they're ENTITLED to MY money just because they did work for me. You should be happy to work for me, simply for the opportunity to be in my presence. You never know, I might even give you a firm handshake.

It doesn't matter if it's making coffee or sucking cock. You youth have to learn that the world sucks and will use and discard you without consideration of your 'feelings'. Dmub millenials.

i'm larping bro
one of my first jobs in HS was at dunkin donuts

an internship for one is absurd. the only thing some coffee shops would be good at doing is showing you how to bake, make pastries, breakfast sandwiches, roast and grind coffee beans.

kill yourself retard

I never implied millenials deserve to get paid, nor that they deserve good paying jobs.

What's surprising to me is the standard of what people call skills now a day's is literally coffee shop barista.

This lady hiring interns isn't a problem, what's shocking is she thinks it's valuable. What's also shocking is millenials implying it's valuable by trying to negotiate for that job. Like how much of a low life do you have to be to barter for a barista position?

Why is gen z so based?

Attached: 1550108005807.gif (607x609, 514K)

>unpaid internship
>Coffee shop

What
The
Fuck

It will be at head office, she cited one in marketing.

gen y will be the new boomer gen, that everyone hatesm gen z will have to clean up a lot of the mess

That makes more sense but even so it's so strange. It's like capitalism isn't a thing anymore. If she was that unimpressed with young people why hire them?

It's not like someone is forcing her to hire young people are they? I'm still confused.

Free labour of course. She was probably lying about hiring them.

Note she says they "found" a job, likely somewhere else, after they got tired of working for fucking free.

My place has started this, with "Student placements", working for literally half our developer's salary, yet get landed with the same work.

Now "everyone must go to uni", there's no shortage of starving students, living off credit cards and willing to lick arsehole to get by.

Cont. Part of it I think is (again) due to Social Media. Students loving to post on their facebooks, instagrams or whatever else they use, oh look at me doing a super important awesome job! (but conveniently not listing the pay).

As with everything nowadays, people's lives are based on subterfuge and fakery, rather than demanding something with substance (decent pay).

>work
>for free

Yeah, I think I'll pass lol.

Because everything is way to expensive now you dumb boomers

Even living on minimum wage puts you at risk of living on the street and starving to death

>tfw I, when struggling for work as a millennial have tried to pursue unpaid work for experience.

Tbh, free work is one of the best ways to break the work>experience>unemployment cycle of death. If this guy actually hires at the end of it, fair enough, that's cool. Some people will just take the piss though.

I've considered setting up a business that trains people up and acts as an agency because of my experiences with this particular problem. It's a real fucking nightmare, but sometimes free work can get you a foot in the door.

>I wish my childhood was filled with bruises from outside in the yard instead of being beat by my stepfather

Fucking boomers will be the first to get the rope

Eh,
I grew up basically on the internet. Doxxing, death threats, character assassination, genuine life sabotage, people threatening family members, counter-doxxing, arranging meet ups for fights, etc.
It might not have been bruises as much, but, the early days of the internet were kinda wild west. In some ways, the stupid shit that happens is immortalised, for better or for worse, online. It's pretty intense when you are genuinely considering killing someone to prevent them from trying to kill you or your family members. Real weird shit that happens online.

Implying gen z will end up with any marketable skills

Gen z will become more powerful than either of us.

Attached: palpatine-blownaway.gif (480x270, 2.6M)

Just gib job faggot. You'll get average output.

Entirely this. What the fuck is this dumb fucker up to?

Just go spend some time in a high school you'll understand

How do you get an internship without prior work experience?

Have you considered maybe moving back in with mom and dad if you have a family?

It's the ultimate paradox.

They're divorced, anony

You know that highschool is basically a gigantic child abuse factory that forces a lot of kids to behave in ways the otherwise wouldn't in order to simply not get ripped apart by the ferals right?

I know highschool kids can seem like absolute morons but, fuck, their first experiences in this world are basically being forced into some creepy play pen with el creaturas and paedophiles, and I suppose sometimes well meaning teachers as well as careless career safe-betters.
Their true journey towards realising their true power will be when they retreat to the cradle that is the internet.

>have rent to pay
>need to work a 40 hour week just to pay the bills
>supposed to find time to work for free
>commute takes like 3 hours a day because shitty urban planning (thanks boomers)
???
Golly gee if only my parents weren't abusive and had a convenient apartment with a spare room in the downtown of a major city I could stay at for free and would pay all my other bills in the meantime. Then I could work for free in the hope of one day maybe working for money.
I can't even afford to eat out. I can't afford to buy a fucking cup of coffee.
Every job wants you to have had done the exact same job before down to the same exact software (there's 800 different software programs in my field and they're all more or less the same, but to a boomer you need ten years experience just to open a program and log in.) And these are "entry level."
I just don't know. Can I "intern" somewhere for like 10 hours a week for 2 months and get a glowing reference that will launch me into a 60k job?

Former substitute teacher here (no teaching degree.) It is true that it is some sort of evil factory. Children and teens shouldn't be forced to be packed into rooms ALL fucking day for most of the year. It's all bullshit.

wow what an enraging article from boomer Fatbitch Scheckleberg.

having working at a coffee shop on the resume is useless enough, now to additionally tilte it "unpaid internship at a coffee shop".. LOL

Reading the OP's post almost made me angry. I'm still angry when I'm reminded of what I read.

ITS THE HIBERIAN CONSPIRACY

I agree with this

So you got two homes to fall back on?
Seriously, people need to maybe just accept that we can't all be boomers because it's just not economically realistic to be boomers. We are only basically at the cusp of modernity. We are not long out of the times of horses and carts desu. We are basically in unknown territory and the boomers and yuppies were basically the first truly new modern generation. Social mobility and opportunity on levels never before possible. I guess we reached a kind of bottleneck. That's what I've realised.
I see a lot of millennials throwing their money out the window trying to have what our folks had. Honestly, maybe you should just move in. My parents are divorced too and my Mom is talking about trying to actually buy a house that me and my siblings cans at least have if all else fails.

Ya know a lot of teachers have said the same thing to me. I've got family that work in education too. I know there's a lot of good people in teaching but there's also a lot of piss takers and the shit that happens to children at such a young age is absolutely terrifying especially to the quieter kids who are developmentally less mature than the others. The very vicious kids tend to have matured faster, they are bigger, they have a sex drive earlier too. These are the ones that also attempt rape sometimes.

I am a developer in a semi similar situation and management constantly worries about them leaving and complains about their high turnover. Its always what can we do to inspire loyalty. I just kind of stare at them in amazement. You could start by pumping the checks, I mean if their work is so good you don't want them to leave there is literally only one way to keep em.

Now this may sound weird...
Ironically, roasties are improving work conditions.
First they are forcefully employed by whatever affirmative action.
The moment they realize work is not cool, they start being grumpy and toxic, demanding more benefits, less work.
Herd mentality works it's magic and within a year the employer has a herd of roasties striking whom he cannot fire.
Checkmate.
Profit.

AA is definitely a jewish masterplan to tankthe companies they force it upon.

Attached: 1534629729908.jpg (900x574, 106K)

What in the actual fuck and yeah, women are sometimes basically a bio-weapon against the economy. There's good female workers obviously but a lot are piss takers who start fucking management to secure their jobs etc.

>AA is definitely a jewish masterplan to tankthe companies they force it upon.

I'm actually considering jumping ship because of this. I'm slowly seeing the majority of management roles going to women and diversity forced all over the place (it really is becoming obnoxious), I cannot believe this is ultimately a good thing. Even though the company is doing absolutely great I feel like there is a huge iceberg and we're going full steam.

Anyone actually had this happen in their corp? How did it end, what did you do?
Maybe I really am a bigoted retard.

Complaining isn't going to get you anywhere.

I'm riding the female-"negotiated" 25% cut in working hours..
Still aboard, building up side hustle, planning the exit when Titanic approaches the (((iceberg)))

i would but, i pay 1000/mo on loans.

i kind of agree with her tbqh, unfortunately i'm forced to do shit on my own and work shit ass wagecuck jobs

thing is, they made it sound like they're doing clerical work and data entry. So is this article describing a white collar job or a baker?

>she's a manager in australia
>of a fast food muffin shop
>she expects her employees to do it for free
>she takes her "job" very seriously
>she does it because it is the only amount of power & control she will ever have in her pathetic life

Question. I've been out of school for two years but stuck in a lower track in my field. Been trying to get something better but don't qualify.
All the internships say you must currently be pursuing an undergrad degree. So I couldn't even do one to get experience in a better subfield if I wanted to?

From what I gather. The general consensus is that the old way of doing shit is over. The internet has uprooted mediocrity. If you want some of those cool jobs, you gotta be a phenom worker. Like top 10% in a school. Maybe a bit SJW-leaning. But even then, I think they straight up don't want to hire anybody. :\

Honestly, best thing to do seems to be to start your own business. Get experience there. You'll either be much more successful than wagecucking. Or you'll get enough experience to BTFO any graduates for those cool jobs.

Interesting, so you're not going to climb the corporate ladder? Honestly that wasn't my idea either but it seems like a highway to money. On the other hand getting experience with a side hustle has a potentially bigger payoff.

>start your own business
Not everyone can do that. My experience is essentially helping with business shit for large companies. I'm a glorified monkey, somedays without the glory desu. And even then I wouldn't qualify for the jobs in the other track that I want. Experience in X is not experience in Y.
So I can't even just get an internship.

i agree. shit sucks mang. perhaps you can figure out a way to get into a community college program for free/cheap and apply for an internship. I dont have any experience in that though

I'm focusing on my skillset instead of office politics. That's cancer.
I;m quite up in the ranks, but my ladder is to get out of wagecucking or wagecuck only non-madatory part time when I will miss it.

Apprecenships paid a livable wage back then. Free labor would have been laughed out of hand

Post the full article, shitlord.
themercury.com.au/business/work/muffin-break-boss-fury-over-youth-who-wont-work-unpaid/news-story/57607ea9a1bbe52ba7746cff031306f2?nk=c76ecabcd49699e73d9799413dec4f21-1550955280

That said, that'll be a big yikes from me, dawg.

lemme guess, youre younger than 20? you read the headline without reading the article because before you clicked it you knew exactly what was being said because you have a higher feeling of importance and intellect when you're just some fucking incel
she was on about interns in head office, not some fucking retail assistant
late gen Y and all Z have no concept of hard work

How can a human being lack so much empathy and self awareness? Are boomers human or just humanoid?

Attached: 8dd.png (501x684, 80K)

Unpaid work lol
You're literally pissing your life away in 99% of unpaid jobs. Time = life

Setting aside the entitlement, it is interesting that fewer people are knocking on doors begging for unpaid internships. Maybe they've wised up to the scam (we're all taught now that companies don't consider unpaid internships to be actual work experience), maybe economic conditions are so desperate that they simply can't afford to do an unpaid internship, or maybe it's because they don't post unpaid internships online and no one knocks on doors anymore.

MILLENIALS PLEASE, WE GET OFF ON SLAVING YOU AROUND AND DEGRADING YOU AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE! IT'S OUR NUMBER 1 PAST TIME, PLEASE GOYIM WORK FOR FREE AND BEG FOR OUR SHEKELS WHILE WE BUTT FUCK YOU OVER THE OFFICE TABLE!!!

Attached: oo2b9t81klo01.png (549x696, 125K)

Full article is even wors. Pure cancer.
Also post archives not to feed the (((advertisers))) you shitlord.

archive.is/uYrQI

>well then, pay me $30/h for cultivating some flower pots inside your shitty office boxes or I won't be available at fucking all
>"N-no this is n-not how it works, user."
>Leave
>Others leave too
>Company can't fulfill binding contracts, yet is obliged to pay the rest of the wages
>Boss starts negotiating
>"Everyone gets a raise"
>Half of the employees return in the first month

>because of technology, everyone has greater access to job listing information
>companies are in greater competition, since applicants are better informed
>shit boomer manager, who can barely operate a smart phone mind you, ponders why nobody wants to work at her shit company FOR FREE
>itsthekidsthatareoutoftouch.png

We may have been fucked over by unaffordable housing, education, and retirement, but we are just in time to witness the collapse of boomer culture. Remember when McDonalds got away with selling literal shit to retards? Now the boomers are SEETHING as one by one, their genetic footprint is wiped clean from the culture

Attached: c84030d62596ee3954dcb1e976c1ee64.jpg (550x563, 44K)

That's cool if you're trying to become a chef/decent-ish wife in the future but not much else