/smg/ - Stock Market General

If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles edition

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

The dark night of SMG's soul:

Attached: KraftSMG.png (329x666, 429K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=O1lHKGZGnNc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Keurig Dr. Pepper will save us Monday foodbros.

Anyone here who held UNIT through the week hoping for it to bounce? Bad choice

nice shading

Attached: x92.png (299x322, 159K)

False alarm they don't report until Thursday.

Robinhood keeps giving me pop up notifications of the wrong fucking earnings date for all the stocks in my watch list.

Tuesday: BGS, SJM, Coke bottling
Wednesday: Dean Foods, Campbells, Monster
thursday: KDP, BUD

Expecting the worst so not to be dissapointed

Stock market futures all green after Trump won the trade war
Up at least 3% tomorrow. You heard it here first

Attached: Screenshot_20190224_235411.jpg (1080x1168, 330K)

monday after close cei
weds after close bili

clench hard

>US wins trade war
>stocks rise

Haha. Suuuuure.
>implying the market hasn't been responding to China's success/threat of lack thereof.

>BGS, Coke Bottling, Dean Foods, Campbells, BUD

Totally Fucked

>Monster, KDP, SJM

Possibly fucked but might stand a chance compared to those other boomer shitshows. What is the ticker for coke bottling by the way?

SPY over 280 by Wednesday.

>cei

...cum eating instructions?

Its COKE
I sold bottom on this stock at like 130

Cum Eating Industries, dumb ass

cute endangered incels

Stock looks like a shitshow, I don't blame you for selling.

>I fell for the SQQQ meme on Friday.
At least it's only 100 shares.

Attached: 1548690046392.jpg (232x249, 7K)

post folios

Attached: xdwRU1Z.png (246x229, 9K)

That’s it. I have to sell SQQQ at a loss. I can’t bear another 5% erosion. It’s clearly in mania mode still. Everybody is just ignoring very obvious signs of economic danger for short term speculation.

Attached: LSwp.gif (450x189, 929K)

you the guy with 80% of your portfoli in it?

I've been bagholding SQQQ since $18. Going to dump it all on Monday before the trade deal is announced.

>MFW

Attached: 1542687601143.jpg (759x551, 61K)

>obvious signs of economic danger
Enlighten us.

I wouldn't sell at open tomorrow. The market has basically priced in this news when Trump said he would delay last week. The fact everyone seems to think it means it 100% has to go up makes me feels fine holding it. Consumer confidence and building permit numbers are Tuesday.

I got in at $11.61 so I guess I haven't felt the pain yet. It's not like a delay is that great of news. It just means they couldn't get shit done and don't want to tank the market with the tariff increases .

Attached: 1547352484526.gif (206x196, 480K)

Averaging down since 14 but yeah. The only thing that kept me going was after the trade deal, they would have nothing to hide behind for shit earnings and bad economic figures. Realistically now you are going to see a sharp rally Monday, gradual rally until the signing, then another sharp rally when the deal is done and a gradual rally until next wave of earnings and growth numbers. I’d have to hold and double down sometime in April if I held through the next week or two. Fucking hard timing a crash man. I don’t know how the 2008 lads did it

So many bears are liquidating

Attached: BF833481-1D7F-40E8-A3CC-49D0C87065CF.jpg (216x234, 11K)

The pump after Powell convinced me nobody cares about a recession. They just want to keep pumping this fucking asset bubble like Japan in the 80’s

Short squeeze!

That was when Japan was the coolest

Attached: galtfolio.png (849x348, 30K)

Ask the Nip boomers who lost their homes after 87 how they thought it was

Uh oh
m-maybe it time for to sell me SPXL....

Attached: 1551018936883.png (884x720, 441K)

dont meme me

i already took a loss on sn im not falling for any other biz bullshit

>Nip boomers
I'm sure they're more worried about paying for their shitty kid to be a NEET right now.

/ES already 2800 after Dpump tweet

Attached: 1550959243640.jpg (724x1024, 124K)

I sold half my 401k to bonds from Index funds back at Dow 24.5k and am paying for it.

Future contributions are going 50/50 bonds index funds. I don't really know what else to do but it feels retarded, no matter what happens I'm losing.

Attached: Screenshot_20190224-181057.png (1080x2160, 372K)

you don't have to buy it, I'm just showing you my personal gains
though there's a difference between buying something like SN for no reason and doing actual DD on a company and deciding it's a good choice (like I did with GALT)

>that diversity
oof one bad day for pharma could wipe you

Are you 65 and about to retire with 50% bonds? I have 5% right now and it's cost me a bit.

Attached: 1548645379084.png (925x750, 64K)

I have another 100k in vtsax. I just don't track it because I don't care about it.

As of market close friday:
Portfolio Size: $118,026
Dividends YTD: $2,533
Projected 2019 Dividends: $15,809

Portfolio Weights:
SMHD 12%
MRRL 12%
DVHL 11%
BDCL 10%
NRZ 8%
CNXM 7%
LMLP 6%
IEP 5%
ABBV 5%
SDIV 5%
CEFL 5%
D 4%
MAIN 4%
OHI 3%
EPD 2%
PEGI 1%

Excuse any rounding errors. Faggots.

Attached: capin.png (296x297, 93K)

No but equities are just so high at the moment it feels like complete bullshit paying this price. It's not fair boomers got all these cheapies and everyone else had the 5x runup since 08 and here I am just starting my career a few years ago having to pay 5x the price from the very beginning to pump up boomer and genxers retirement accounts the rest of my life? I sold at the exact same point in June or July of last year and watched it ride up to 28k or whatever and I was about to kms but then it crashed and I got to buy back in cheap, ended up picking up about 13% on the trade. Hoping I get lucky and it happens again.

I figure worst case scenario my 401k plan lets you take out loans from yourself to purchase your first home, so if the market never tanks back to that level I will just use all the bonds to purchase a house.

just take my word on that, that's my portfolio for sure

Yeah, boomers have it pretty fucking easy. Even though my Vanguards would get fucked, I kind of want a 2008 to happen so I can get in cheap.

>not being able to hold through volatility

Lol broski, I post my portfolio in here ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL the fucking time. You know that.

Attached: multidrank.png (802x1820, 1.91M)

Attached: LwxldZT.png (523x711, 387K)

Parting with light, the drink boys are back in town

Attached: 2002.png (1597x800, 1.37M)

Pharma is on shaky ground though because it's something Trump, some republicans and most Democrats see eye to eye on, at least in principal.

So any got or researched drone stocks?
There is still room for a ton of growth.

Downside on those two stocks specifically seems very low to me. Upside is immense There is risk in the sector tho I agree.

I feel like the real money is to be made in anti-drone tech. The military is hurting for that capability.

if anything, LCI would benefit from that sort of government action
they're a generic drug manufacturer, and Drumpf mentioned in his state of union address that the FDA would fast track generic drugs
and GALT's drug has been shown to be the best remaining option in the late stage/cirrhotic NASH market

inb4 someone doesn't know the difference between NAFLD, early NASH fibrosis, late NASH fibrosis, and NASH cirrhosis, and @s me talking about VKTX or MDGL

How did you first find Galt, pendulum?

Also, GALT's drug showed promising results in an immuno-oncology combination trial with Merck's Keytruda

>Drumpf

I don't remember, actually
I genuinely have no idea, I started trading in June 2018, and I've been in GALT since August 2018 (it hasn't always been 100% of my portfolio)

Domfuld Groop

hopefully you dont get OPKd

i remember that shit in its teens 3 years ago and its been tanking since

phil frost should shut that shit down already

Hey you!
Pick up a few shares of PLUG tomorrow!

Attached: 65FD7713-AE57-4B01-B6AF-79E7FBCA8B46.jpg (1664x1212, 69K)

I'm going to hold onto my shares until it either jumps to $40 or it's the last week of December.

We're going to dump so hard as soon as you sell

Attached: 1550959785087.jpg (395x387, 18K)

Did you watch the big short? The guys in 2008 were about to go broke. The hedgie guy had his clients sueing him and he was down like -50% at one point. You shouldnt be shorting unless you have insider info or are 100% sure cause you will get BTFO. Watch big short and margin call you need to learn basics.

>Join facebook group with a bunch of swing traders
>rocket emoji
>ROCKET EMOJI
>R O C K E T E M O J I

unironically a comfy experience

>$3K federal tax refund will hit my account at any moment
>watching equities continue the run up in the meantime

Please hurry, Uncle Sam

Attached: 1549419089952.jpg (1024x584, 43K)

I wish Jow Forums had emojis

Attached: 1550921514477.jpg (720x379, 26K)

Loving my Puts

Attached: nigaro.jpg (318x248, 13K)

Attached: jOVmxVg.gif (800x450, 608K)

Yeah i think it's funny how people fail to remember the part of the movie that shows how close those guys were to eating shit before things turned around.

Alright let’s be real here. I know there’s some decent investors here and probably a few legit brokers and traders so tell me, an inexperienced investor, if going all in on PCG is a good idea?
Look, they’ve been hit by brocovich and survived, hit with a fire and survived and now this bankruptcy. So a lot of talk on the street about how it means nothing and to just FOMO in but then they’re others who believe inverse condemnation and liability law will kill PCG.
So I ask someone with some serious experience if you could maybe give me a sign on whether I should put 10k in PCG and if I can come out on top. I obviously know the downside but just want to hear if there’s any facts I’m missing...

Attached: 50D22524-FD58-4950-BA7B-FD50EAA18EF9.jpg (168x300, 8K)

dON'T POST SUCH SMALL PICTURES

I’ll give you complete access to all her photos and vids if someone can lay it on me ANALYTICALLY

I JUST LEARNED HOW TO USE CAPS LOCK, IM NOT VERY ANALYTICAL. SORRY.

I hate how I can't invest in specific things like gatorade without needing to invest in garbage like pepsi.

>if going all in on PCG is a good idea?
Yeah probably but it'll be bumpy. You'll be a ball of nerves.
But companies don't go out of business anymore. Look at toys R us.

I’m just gonna tell you what I’ve been told. I’m not a big day trader but I do work for a particular firm off the street and right now without saying too much, maybe put in about 5k and see what happens after earnings...

Pepsi isn't that bad. They hold good brands like Frito Lay and Quaker and like you said Gatorade plus other shit besides their garbage soft drink division.

I still wouldn't buy it though I only hold Dr. Pepper because they have an elite portfolio of soft drinks with tremendous upside potential.

However if Pepsi spun off their snack business I'd dump my worthless Kraft Heinz bags to buy it.

My thinking, same with Sears it’s just not gonna happen but what CAN happen is no one worth their salt invests in PCG and they wind up like CHK at 2 bucks a share for the rest of their life.

>being enough of a brainlet to get a 3k refund
>boomer meme

never mind checks out

Why the fuck is Trump bending over backwards to avoid troubles with the Chinese while at the same time threatening huge auto tariffs on Europe? Fuck China. Free trade with Europe with huge tariffs on China. This fucking market is run by globalists

Trump needs a big win before elections season start. He doesn't want to take on China and EU at same time. He wants to wrap up China fast so he can take on EU. That way he should have enough time to strong arm better EU deal as well. He will campaign in 2020 as having made 3 best trade deals ever: USMCA, China Deal, and EU deal. He will win by narrow margin in 2020 off the back of these trade deals. SPY will hit 400 at the end of his term, and will crash down to 150 as the national debt and credit house of card crumbles shortly after he leaves.

So buy now until he leaves then sell it all and move to spdrs

That's what I'm doing. Trump will not let the market crash while he's in office. It's the focus of his presidency. He's propping it up by strong arming the fed. Next president won't have same pull after debt and credit explodes to unseen levels.

Because the EU has been raping us just as hard on trade while bringing nothing beneficial to the table for us.

At least China offers 2 billion insectoids that will buy every version of the ipod. So what if they steal the technology in exchange they are too retarded to do anything with it. Europe on the other hand pulls the same shit China does if not worse while bringing nothing to the table. China deals were hard because they have some leverage too, Canada and Europe will be easy because they have no ground to stand on.

It was nice helping Europe out during the cold war and stuff trying to get them built up and back on their feet but there is no longer a reason to keep cutting them favorable deals at the cost of our own wealth. We already pretty much fund NATO by ourselves so there's no reason to help these cucks further.

Except Poland they are based.

The fucking cuck should just ship in the Chinese by the boat load since he loves them so much. Let’s just start buying the worthless chink stock on the Nasdaq and NYSE from reverse mergers. In fact I should just go back to dude weed since every fucking speculator is putting a 10 billion market cap on 50 million in revenue.

Trump didn't have a choice. The minute he took a hard stance on China everyone from Bill Gates to whatever the fuck that retards name is at Apple stabbed him in the back. And you know everyone in the house and senate was working against him too because they are all controlled by these guys for campaign donations.

How are you supposed to have any leverage when your countries own CEO's are lobbying against the peoples interests because they don't want to take a hit to their bottom line or see their stock drop 10%? It's all a joke, this is the end result of democracy and it was a failure.

They aren’t going to magically give a shit no matter what he does. He should have stood by his fucking word against globalism and he didn’t. Thomas Jefferson and Andrew Jackson must be spinning in their graves

>Trump
>multi-tiered planned decision-making
Pick one. He's doing whatever the closest one to ear is right now is telling him to do.

He was anti-china because it won him points with cousinfuckers, but the reality is that the republicans donors all want globalization and are chomping at the bit for Chinese markets. He procrastinated long enough that it seemed like he was was doing something, and then just dropped it.

>How are you supposed to have any leverage when your countries own CEO's are lobbying against the peoples interests because they don't want to take a hit to their bottom line or see their stock drop 10%? It's all a joke, this is the end result of democracy and it was a failure.

More Jow Forums than Jow Forums. Have fun being poor. Fuck democracy give me hunt-humans-for-sport cash.

>m-muh chynese insectiods. they're st000pid!
why are americans so insecure

Attached: 345367363675.jpg (1024x768, 71K)

were you in ROKU before the blast off last week?

>going all in on PCG is a good idea?

Absolutely not. That is a speculative trade and shouldn't exceed 10% of your portfolio. Even 10% is aggressive.

Attached: 1550719906918.gif (500x281, 987K)

youtube.com/watch?v=O1lHKGZGnNc

If you ever watch Bruce Lee movies you'll see that the Chinese see the Japanese exactly the same as Jow Forumstards see the Chinese.

is going all in KHC a good idea?

same response

Also while we're on the topic, that isn't an indictment of Kraft. I think they'll pull through eventually. I think going all-in on anything is poor strategy. I have done it a couple times and wasn't pleased with the way it tied my hands while I was in the trade. You give up so much of the little advantage small specs have when you do that.

How much money is enough money?

100k at 8% is nothing in this day and age.. how much is enough?

But is it speculative? You’ve got the Citigroup upgrade, a mountain of attorneys saying inverse condemnation doesn’t apply, plus if the hedge funds haven’t already dipped out then they’re in it to win it so I don’t think it’s speculative but more high risk. Speculative implies there’s no real research but there is in fact so high risk seems more fitting and I don’t mind high risk I just haven’t played around with companies in bankruptcy proceedings before so it’s uncharted territory for me
Also I already sent my broker an email to put 35k into it