>2019
>doesn't make 400k a year
shiggy

Attached: 1532748286383.jpg (935x466, 52K)

Other urls found in this thread:

levels.fyi/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

you have to be high IQ (130+) AND be able to tolerate extremely boring work (enterprise coding) to make this much money

i went to a top college and did CS, most of my extremely intelligent classmates started their own companies, and i assume later they "fall back" to the big N companies when they want a stable paycheck. or they just go into academia because it is far more interesting than being a top paid codemonkey

all the ones who went to work for google, apple, amazon, facebook, uber, right out of college were the literal NPC hustlers who were somewhat smart but buglike in demeanor. they were obsessed with software engineering (and its practices) 24/7

Why the fuck did I go to medical school?

What kind of idiot becomes a doctor for the money? I hope you lose your license and go bankrupt from a malpractice lawsuit.

Because you wanted to help people. Thank you for your service.

>all the ones who went to work for google, apple, amazon, facebook, uber, right out of college were the literal NPC hustlers who were somewhat smart but buglike in demeanor
So they were business majors disguised as computer science majors

$400k in California is literally poverty-tier

130 iq is considered high?

400k sounds like a lot, but thats still 10 years for 4 million BEFORE taxes, with an extra 2-5 years necessary working up the ladder in the first place.

should have just gotten into crypto early

I'm at Google now, should hit L5 soon. This. But what else can I do?

98 percentile is pretty high bro. And no you're not above it.

Surprised to not see Amazon here. I guess they underpay all their employees, not only the ones in the fulfillment centers.

Not willing to give up my entire life to make that money. I'd be much happier making $50k a year while working a few hours a week.

Trying to find a Software Engineering job in California right now. Fresh out of school. Won't accept anything under $80,000.

Also factor in the cost of living. Mortgage on a decent house is likely $500k+ over the course of 10 years.

>5 years
>entire life
RIP user

In 5 years your youth will be gone forever and no matter how much money you have you will never, ever get those years back. You will forever be an old dude with a lot of money.

Attached: harold.jpg (225x225, 6K)

if you can pass the coding interview you can easily start with tc 180-200k

$180k right out of school with no previous internships?

CS is the modern finance/business degree

yes. 98 percentile of SATs (which decently correlates) is 1470. if you got that, you might be smart enough.

you can do it later in your career, which is what i shouldve done. i barely make over 6 figs now and i regret all the time wasted not traveling and fucking around with art projects i shouldve done. and im 25.

If you even have to ask you'll never get one of those jobs. They only hire the best of the best

No, you will never do that. Best you can hope for is low 100k but it will probably be in a place that has a super high cost of living so good luck with the 2k/month rent

Because 200k and a sense of fulfillment from helping people is worth more than 400k and being bored out of your mind.

I'm not necessarily looking at a Big N company, I'm fine with a smaller one starting out.

its because amazon isn't in silicon valley. they can get away with paying soy_boys_ less in seattle

I think I should make more than a guy who does ? to make a fucking website work.

Oh noes, teh Netflix stream is a tad laggy, what a fucking catastrophe!

seems pretty sweet, i only make 120k

>CS is the modern finance/business degree
Not really

>yes. 98 percentile of SATs (which decently correlates) is 1470. if you got that, you might be smart enough
SAT's have not been based on iq for a long time mensa only accepts pre 1994 SAT scores. Dont even get started on the act except maybe the math its all something you can study for

you arent smart enough to be a doctor i guess

Seattle still pretty fucking expensive

A CS major can do anything a business/finance major can do with ease, plus they have a ton of marketable skills besides being able to do basic math. The only buiness majors have going for them is that usually they aren't friendless nerds/

t. fucking friendless nerd wtih a management degree

>it looks like you have a cold
>here is some overpriced prescription medicine
>that will be $3000, plus tip

>patient presents with cc of cough
>review hpi
>start exam
>invariably patient will bring "something" else up
>what should have been a simple exam is now a Sisyphean ordeal and will consume 45 minutes of my time
>will have to explain webmd isn't actually a doctor at least once per day
>get a cool $60...gross.
>after I pay staff and office costs it's a solid $22.45 to me, before tax

Why would I be bitter user? Why?

>$180k right out of school with no previous internships?
only if it's a top cs school, see l3 tc at levels.fyi/

I agree, the biggest disadvantage CS majors have is not knowing the industry very well but after probably a month or so they can pick up on the lingo and have a very basic understanding of markets.

And then they have the added benefit of being familiar with the tools of the trade. Just a matter of applying the tools to finance

Can't wait til you fuckers get replaced by AI.

More like middle class but yeah

Boomer detected. SATs go up to 2400 now and they have for over a decade.

CS majors are worthless in my opinion unless you graduated from a top school
>Two friends study CS
>One went to MIT and interned at Amazon
>Other went to state school with shitty internship
>One now works at Google and the other has no job
Can you guess which is which

I think they revered it back to 1600 like 5 years ago cause people our age were too retarded to do the writing portion

I went to a state school, and my peers work at Apple and Google. Granted, not all of them, but some of them.

you won't even get a call unless you got an internal referral if you didn't go to a top school

Says who? Your ass?

>went to UF and studied business
>worked in a restaruant at night
>this server dude there has a really cool personality
>he ends up fucking the girl I like
>he studied ME
>we graduate
>I move to NYC
>can't find a job at all, take shit wagecuck work
>riding the subway
>see that motherfucker on the train
>we chat
>he got a job at bloomberg making 100K plus per year right out of school and it's not even an ME job
>i never got my shit together

you can go far in life with a technical degree from a state school and a cool personality

have you applied?

Just because you're having a hard time finding a job doesn't mean they only hire from the top schools.

have you applied?

>They only hire the best of the bes
Wrong. All you have to do is say that you're trans, or gay, or be black. You'll get a job no problem because of "muh diversity"

A doctor can only help one person at a time who may or may not be even useful to society. Netflix entertains millions of people concurrently and generates profit for the company. Coder > Doctor

Facebook e5 reporting in.

>this is what retarded capitalists actually believe

Attached: elrisitas.jpg (600x600, 41K)

you went to med school because
1: you get heavily compensated for it and will be able to pay off your loans

2: you are guaranteed job stability and dont have to bet your job on the tech bubble

millennial detected. sat is back to 1600

t. zoomer

That means you guessed wrong about what they do.

>extremely boring work (enterprise coding)
Total horseshit. The problem space at this level involves unprecedented scale and unexplored challenges, otherwise explain why facebook had to invent react, or google with go, etc.

No

SDMs pick the candidates and don't want to waste headcount on this shit

I'm at a big4 and went to a "top 50" CS school. Referrals and target schools go to the top of the stack but others don't go into the shredder. We want people who are good at things in general, whether that's intelligence, skills, or experience

slave-tier work. your life will be 200% better making 1/4th as much money in the midwest.

kys you retarded bugman