Well Jow Forums?Have you done unpaid work

Well Jow Forums?Have you done unpaid work.

Attached: 1551050611250.png (633x651, 435K)

>How dare you not want to be a slave?

I miss being a kiddo, ya know. When I was young I thought the adult world was simple: you do your job, and your boss pays you, and if you're really good you get even more money. Turns out it definitely isn't like that.

Sometimes I wish we would establish Communism just as an excuse to kill stupid corporate shills.

slaves were given food and shelter, the boomers give you "work experience".
its literally worse than slavery, these people should get gassed

Why would we want to do even MORE unpaid work, when we had to do a shit ton of that just to get into college?

I did almost 2 years of equity research in college unpaid.

1 semester we did a class that ended with us publishing an ER continuing coverage report, I did a summer of an unpaid internship at an ER firm, then kept working for that guy the next school year, unpaid.

Helped make up for the shit grades I got freshman year, I had fun doing it, and I learned a lot. I now am in international private equity so it helped me get there, I would say it’s worth it sometimes

>I don't wanna pay millenials
>why can't millenials afford my overpriced food? Damn them!

Literally one of the boomer comments from the story

Attached: 8A022158-5EF0-4316-9579-A627A88BEEAC.jpg (750x417, 115K)

If you can't afford to pay your employees than you deserve to go out of business.

Making unpaid work the "norm" wont help anyone advance their careers.

Meanwhile actually working hard at your job makes you a threat to your superiors 90/100 times. The guy that advances it the guy who either gets along with his bosses on a personal level or knows how to talk himself up.

This is illegal under Australian workplace laws.

oh shit i just realized this is real
it reads like satire
i literally get my morning coffee from this franchise
not anymore lol

Attached: muffin-break-.jpg (600x400, 91K)

I did. I remember that when I got out of high school I worked for about a month for free. It was for a programming job and it lead to a job I held for multiple years and then used as reference to land an even better job.

good ol indentured servitude for "experience"

What's the best coffee in Sydney?
>t. will visit Sydney and Australia for the first time

>Viola

Never, always insisted to get paid internships.

>Have you done unpaid work.
no, but i have started with a real low salary 9 years ago. my starting wage was under $4 an hour now it's $15.50.

>under $4 an hour
2nd world, 3rd world or korea?

2nd but it was after taxes so to speak. i'm not big on taxes if there is a loophole i take it.

i think if i wanted to convert to murrican it would be around $8 because of tax and ppp adjustment. still shitty but it got me started. at the time i was glad i got a job and could start working down debt and save up for a month or two. before that i freelanced and that shit was not a safe and dry feeling even before 2008.

>When I was young I thought the adult world was simple: you do your job, and your boss pays you, and if you're really good you get even more money. Turns out it definitely isn't like that.
Too relatable, dude

anyhow we got internship at work so i can somewhat relate to this issue from the other side. our interns get paid shit for the first year it's all about seeing how well they fit into the team if they have that inner spark that drives you to better yourself. we don't give full pay for people that just fell in the door we got burned too many times. some interns make it great and get hired as junior dev after a year some was even offered a position after 2 months because they were actually good. for most of them the first year is about learning meaning we pretty much invest in them time and effort they only get paid anything because it's not slavery (and we want them to eat well) but if they leave after that it's a net loss to the company.

i bet some of them think internship is beneath them and don't even apply, but we stopped hiring junior devs straight up. unis don't prepare the kids for this work at all and they are pretty mobile job wise especially if they learn a great deal instead of you know being productive.

this worked in 1990, not the current year.

there are businesses that create a legitimate pathway to gainful employment like yours, but for everyone like that there's gotta be 4 or 5 that just cop free labour for anything from actually fitting the job description to being an unofficial secretary

yeah i know a few places that do that, but even there when they press the kids for everything they do gain experience they learn about a world they were absolutely unprepared by the uni for. so while i dislike that practice i don't think it's as damaging. the young devs leave those places withing a year or two with actual job experience (they all have high turnover). and after that they are even more appreciative for the decent companies.

I have a feeling it depends on industry, but overall, not getting paid for work doesn't give enough of a bonus to really justify it in a lot of cases

Attached: Intern-Employability-Charts-2.png (1110x514, 16K)

yeah i don't know either. it's against the law here to not pay anything, but we got contracts i just call fucking slavery, where they agree to pull an other year or two if they are hired after internship. (like i said paid interns mostly are a net loss if they leave)

but yeah i can imagine that interns not getting paid actually do whatever the fuck they can to avoid work and be unproductive as much as possible. which is not what we try to teach them. we try to teach how to work efficiently and in a way that is maintainable over years.

I am being fired today because I refused to do semi-useless job till morning that my boss had forgotten to give me a week in advance.

this, wtf

I've actually done that in literal 1990, it wasn't "every man for himself" like it is now. White men thought life would get better in this country, so there was a "well shucks, come on bro, yeah you can work here, lemme show you around" kind of vibe

Can confirm that this is unfortunately how boomers expect you to behave.
I had an unpaid internship at a marketing agency, that led to me working there when I graduated.

Now I'm trying to level up and get out of here to one of those ''x years of experience required type of functions"

True, most people have little to offer, but now social media creates a little social video game around every peasant. The roasties at my workplace can't even be bothered to look up from their phones in the lunchbreak or when we hold a birthday party and of course, they buy useless crap and wind up without credit or salary halfway through the month. But yes, the debt bubble is a wonderful creation from brave independent souls. You fucking retards.

>boomer bosses: millenials don't want to do slave labor! This is an outrage. I deserve free slaves making me money because i am a business owner. Future generations of kids must be raised to enjoy slavery or our country is doomed. This is evidence that millenials are lazy entitled losers.

Attached: 1551080474895.jpg (250x250, 57K)

Don't worry, a few more mergers and we'll find a way to make unpaid work perfectly normal.

Fuck unpaid work.
Literally should be illegal, and people should refuse to do it.
Sadly there are so many chinks and poos that they simply take up the slack and cost less anyway.

Sydney, as I imagine that you'd expect, is a big place, so it will depend on where you are staying. You should definitely to a trip to the Cross and the best coffee here is at Pickled @ 17 Elizabeth Bay Road, Elizabeth Bay. In the CBD or Bondi, anywhere that doesn't have a chink (although some of them are ok)

unpaid internship ≠ chinks' and poos' wages

What kind of career advanced would someone achieve - BY MAKING MUFFINS ALL DAY? Senior executive muffin maker?

>boomers calling millennial entitled

Attached: 53050766_2198402033576124_8080726310223085568_n.jpg (638x924, 63K)

Yeah, once for like 2 days a week or something like that. Needed it to complete my Comp Sci degree. There's like a 3 month practicum requirement. They wanted to offer me a job but I was like fuck that, I'll try day trading first but ended up at Deloitte after I blew up my trading account lol.

the state of reddit

My biggest disillusion was too realize what pathetic losers common wagecucks are