Discuss this shitcoin

Discuss this shitcoin.

Attached: IOTA_NEWS_UTODAY.jpg (736x460, 39K)

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.bosch-si.com/blockchain/what-is-iota-all-about/
bosch-connectivity.com/newsroom/blog/xdk2mam/
oracletimes.com/bosch-explains-why-they-chose-iota-out-of-all-alternatives/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it did some shit but not enough to be king shit

Attached: download (1).jpg (489x388, 29K)

Bump

Does it work? I sold mine, since i could not get it into my own wallet.

fucking lmao, I just remembered pic related

Attached: wew.jpg (2000x1500, 1009K)

I don't know, I keep it on the exchange, I don't trust the wallet. Too many people complain.
I like following their news though, lots of very good partners. So I'm holding patiently since forever.

Ridiculously solid long-term play. Grabbing a Gi for ~$285 is an outrageous steal. However the bloated marketcap is super off-putting for any of us who put in the time researching shit, won't ever have a large % of my portfolio consequently. But it IS in my no-touch hodl till death section.

Attached: Fettiota.gif (400x384, 1.01M)

>But it IS in my no-touch hodl till death section.
Same, I even put 15% percent of my portfolio in it. This is my favorite project, Jow Forums doesn't seem to care much about it though. I usually have to go to Reddit for the news.

no u

The academic and game theory parts don't appeal to biz's need to watch soap operas and throw money at the characters.

IDIOTA

>excel spreadsheet coin

I know.

Attached: frlg44y55wd11.png (1081x609, 389K)

It is going to be ridiculously huge.

unironically biggest deal in the entire space

Research council AMA confirmed coordicide is YEARS away.
IOTA won’t survive 2019

o man I bankrupted a lot of normies by getting them to fomo into this shit

Attached: 1546632086334.jpg (710x577, 84K)

Show me a single working production product from any of those companies.
>pro tip:you can't
The IOTA foundation is losing members at an alarming rate, partners aren't following through and David and CfB are already prepping their exitscam

If you haven't sold already, better late then never

crickets muh nigga. its a jew scam yo

Sold last year because wallett problems. You experienced your issues recently?

Another reason was when I sold there was a full network downtime. The team asked the full node operators to stop the nodes at a specific time. In one minute the full network went down. Iota fans said it was the best teamwork in the universe and iota is decentralized but I dont believe in this.

Reddit pageets

Are these companies using the main tangle or a private fork?

What is this data marketplace? Is this connecting to companies?

Its a scam

This project unironically has the absolute worst tech of all cryptocurrencies. It is an absolute fucking disaster of a project.

The problem is I saw the same comments about btc and eth too. Then I bought 500 eth for ~200$

What are the real problem with tangle? The coordinator? Can they solve it? What they need to do it? More volume in the network?

i think the main problem is that most people on this board don't have enough brain cells to digest what iota is aiming to accomplish.

the payments layer is square A1 of a much larger endeavor.

and, please point me to a project in the distributed systems space that has created its own hash function, its own programming language, etc.

pro tip: you can't.

The real problem is people don't understand the tangle. They think, because the experience sucks now that it will suck in the future.
The tangle gets faster as people use it. It's a genius idea and will even support offline transactions. We aren't there yet, coordinator needs to die first.

it wasn’t made by danny l, brenny b or brock pierce so idk what ur ~ chattering ~ about. is thread meant to _test_ muh patience?

also: let's say you want to leverage the capacity of a global distributed system in order to facilitate quantum computing. how would one be able to maintain security in such a system? obviously not through public key cryptography.

hmm... does iota perhaps use some sort of alternative to current public key systems? one that, from the very start, would be resistant to quantum-level threats?

anyway, this board is helpless and hopeless. i would be willing to bet a significant portion of my very, very large iota stack that next to zero people here have actually taken the time to read/digest the technical papers that iota (and its core dev team) have put out over the past few years.

Literally any child of average intelligence can understand their "aims". What takes a little bit of insight is understanding their total lack of professionalism.

also, the fact that large corporates are willing to engage (even if just at a partnership level for now with the data marketplace, etc.) with a public team that has handled itself very poorly in a public setting... makes you think.

and side note: ivancheglo is god.

"aims" - sounds like someone gets their information from bullshit articles on coindesk or forbes.

look to the primary source material: the academic papers, the available code, etc.

also, i find it funny that this board continues to idolize core devs who spend most of their time giving bullshit speeches at bullshit conferences.

when is the last time ivancheglo has prioritized public appearances over project development?

Rolling their own crypto baka.

Bitcoin can’t evem gain full adoption and that has incentives like fees.

You really think big players will be interested in something that is free?

and again, their lack of professionalism (see note above: i agree with you here) becomes less of an issue when very large, public companies and well-known individuals are still willing to associate with the project.

but, agreed. the foundation heads are pieces of shit. however, that does not deter from the fact that the technical founders are head and shoulders above 99.9% of this space. if they accomplish what they've set out to do, it's game over.

110%.

why do credit card companies and other payment processors charge a transaction fee? because that's just how things work.. how they always have worked. but that doesn't mean that an alternative model can't exist. it's just that (a) the technical ability hasn't been there yet, and (b) nobody has been trying to.

a transaction free network will open up the door to a metric fuckton of disruptive business models.

I'm not a delusional 105er manchild so I don't waste my time pretending to review dense cryptography papers. What I have reviewed is their interactions with ACTUAL experts, including the full "leaked" DCI emails. BTW, that idiot cfb thinks leaking these incredibly embarrassing documents (like the transcript of their own internal feuding) is somehow a fucking power play. LOL! That should be enough of a red flag for anyone.

transaction fee free*

why does netflix have a monthly subscription model? could there by an alternative way for netflix to generate revenue? in a way that is also more fair to its customers (i.e. you pay for what you use)? same goes for the energy sector.

but, let's just continue to talk about iota's lame ass partnership with auto manufacturers. or the fact that it isn't "muh decentralized". or that a few of the team members show just a bit too much distaste for authority than they should show.

i've read the full correspondence. i've also talked to members of the iota team as well as representatives of MIT's blockchain department.

i believe all sides agree: iota handled the situation poorly from a public relations standpoint. but their argument is valid - and MIT is by no means unbiased in this particular situation.

and the cryptography papers are really what this space is all about. i strongly encourage you to dive into them. you can start with key cryptography. there are some very, very fundamental reasons as to why iota went with a one-time password scheme. and no, it's not to be "quantum resistant" - at least in so much as how that term is used as a marketing meme.

>le based redditcoin of the one world illuminati
You know sometimes occult societies fail.

simply put, mit had a big problem with iota pushing out an unaudited hash function. that is typically not how things work.

but, the iota devs (the ones that matter) don't give a flying fuck about precedent or following standards. which is a major plus in my eyes - because, why should they. just focus on building functional solutions.

and frankly, mit has its hands in a lot of projects (see: bitcoin, monero, etc.), and i believe they were a bit irked by people outside of the small group of elites in this space trying to push innovative protocols. perhaps even a bit jealous.

anyway, this is starting to make me feel uncomfortable. op wins for baiting me into commenting - i promised myself a long time ago that i would not talk about iota on this damn board again.

>imagine buying Dunning-Kruger: the coin

hahaha - solid comment (unironically). very true, though. i'm not suggesting that they will be successful. i'm suggesting that it would not be stupid for you to (a) look into this project more, (b) follow it, and (c) buy/hold if you feel inclined to. what they're *trying* to accomplish is epic. so, hopefully they get it done. and when i say "they", again, i mean ivancheglo + the core devs

>but, the iota devs (the ones that matter) don't give a flying fuck about precedent or following standards. which is a major plus in my eyes - because, why should they. just focus on building functional solutions.
Is this bait? This is just too perfect a summary of the utter dunning krugerness of iota and everyone involved with it.

How many G IOTA to make it and get her?

Attached: bq5c672587e3b31.jpg (800x1200, 200K)

i don't see why dunning-krugerness is necessarily a negative attribute. think it's better to set the bar high and fail than stick with the ignorant herd.

plus, this is essentially a crypto board. please point me to a single crypto project that has truly achieved what it has set out to do as yet. i'll wait.

>I don't see why dunning-krugerness is necessarily a negative attribute

You really are trying a bit too hard, while not even sounding smart.

IOTA is my biggest hold, shill it correctly please.

Ambrosus

ad hominem. love it

Attached: 2B4F317B-A86C-4F50-A636-4415004CCCCC.jpg (503x396, 31K)

As far as I know no one is using anything yet. I'm not sure though.
I know that Bosch is heavily invested, meaning they bought a truckfull of IOTA.
I don't know and don't care much about the technicals, I know more about who is putting their money behind it, and who is signed up.

Check these out for example:
blog.bosch-si.com/blockchain/what-is-iota-all-about/
bosch-connectivity.com/newsroom/blog/xdk2mam/
oracletimes.com/bosch-explains-why-they-chose-iota-out-of-all-alternatives/

There are many other companies too.

>You experienced your issues recently?
No, I haven't even tried. I don't trust it for long term storage at all.

We are all in this together

>i don't see why dunning-krugerness is necessarily a negative attribute. think it's better to set the bar high and fail than stick with the ignorant herd.
Basically Jow Forums in a nutshell. Works out well though usually.

i bought into it a while ago and got wrecked.

I don't see it going anywhere, Richard Heart lays waste to it on the reg.

Smart refugee cities

>considering Richard Heart‘s opinion as worthy

Yup, better go buy some BitcoinHEX instead lul

Thank you.

Attached: 1537617184708.jpg (1080x1350, 208K)

Its probably one of the most promising crypto projects out there.
Ive been at a iota discussion with fujitsu officials at a notable German technical university and know some ppl who work for Bosch, Accenture etc. and discussed the project with them.
There is a lot of interest for iota in the corporate world and various teams in those companies work on related projects.
I think the chances are quite good that there will be an adoption in some way within German industry
The growth 2017 was unhealthy imho and I hope iota will stay under the radar until technical implementations have reached maturity

post scriptum paracosm

Scam. Only "quantum resistant" in the sense that they used unproven and insecure cryptography. By the time quantum computing comes around the incentive to crack IOTA private keys will be nonexistent as it will have found its fair market value of exactly 0.

As long as this shit needs a coordinator it's another kind of Ripple.

what the fuck is this manlet mobile

having a logo on your website can't be considered a partnership
>'hey, when you get something give us a call...'
>'can we put your logo on our website???'
>'...yea, sure go ahead'

>Bosch
Everyone knows Miele is the superior german brand.

Post Scriptum Paracosm will be using IOTA in different ways.

Based

Basically every item in the game will have value associated to it because it will have unique attributes.

This makes me think about Diablo II and how the random stats items got in that game became valuable. People even went as far as to sell the in game items on Ebay back when the game was more popular.

I'm not saying this games mechanism for unique items will be similar to that, but I would imagine anyone playing would see its popularity rise because of this.

I'm also not saying IOTA will become more valuable because of this, but their tangle network would be perfect for the transaction throughput needed to facilitate such an environment.

>and, please point me to a project in the distributed systems space that has created its own hash function

:^)

i remember buying 33 of that shitcoin for 100 bucks, its now worth 10 bucks

You could fit like 70 Mexicans in that, what's so funny?

Their wallet was complete shit for about a year. They didn't seem interested in solving this problem. Seed generator wasn't even a built in feature.

Super slow transaction, with high probability of failure.

Some transactions and funds have just disappeared. When you sync a new wallet with your seed, funds were not there.

Coordinator is centralized. WTF i'll better use Visa or Swift at least it works without failure.

Didn't dive deep into the project but it is not likely that they remove the coordinator. It'll stay until the end or they will have to make another version of Iota (like ETH 2.0).

The technology in itself seem interesting, but not the Iota project in itself.

Oh and the main developer is a SJW.

Worse than ripple. Ripple has 21 validator nodes, and controle "only" 10 of them. With more validator nodes, ripple could be fairly decentralized (more than visa or swift anyway).

Iota has 1 coordinator...

It's not even a crypto.

Eth could solve it's scaling issue, even bitcoin in the end... But iota, not very likely.

In any case, they don't give a shit about users, but are only interested in their shiny partnerships and/or famous Phd recruits.

>In any case, they don't give a shit about users, but are only interested in their shiny partnerships and/or famous Phd recruits.

Their partners will bring in lots of users, they will have to care about them eventually.