/smg/ Stock Markets Generals

Boko bear edition of cute market crashing

Also FLAT HORIZON IS NOT A MOUNTAIN OR HILL CAPTCHA YOU PIECE OF ABSOLUTE GARBAGE

>I'm new to the stock market, what stocks should I buy?
Before you buy anything, make a brokerage account and read investopedia articles and/or the books in the OP list. If you don't have a broker, you can't buy stocks and if you blindly buy things without understanding how the stock market works or doing any research on the individual stocks you're buying, you will lose money and it will be entirely your fault.

List of popular brokers:
pastebin.com/mrSchZPg

List of basic stock market terminology for newfags:
pastebin.com/VtnpN5iJ

Real-time market news:
thefly.com/index.php

Educational sites:
investopedia.com/
khanacademy.org/economics-finance-domain

Free in depth technical analysis charts:
tradingview.com

Premarket Data:
pastebin.com/y9PRQLR3

Earnings Report Calendars:
calendar.google.com/calendar/[email protected]
biz.yahoo.com/research/earncal/today.html
earningswhispers.com/calendar

Pump and Dump Advertising:
stocktwits.com

Boomer Investing 101
bogleheads.org/wiki/Getting_started

Suggested books:
pastebin.com/jgA5zTuC

Prigidiggly on SMG:

Attached: girlsundpanzerboko1.jpg (850x1192, 172K)

Other urls found in this thread:

investopedia.com/terms/e/ex-dividend.asp
imf.org/external/datamapper/NGDP_RPCH@WEO/OEMDC/ADVEC/WEOWORLD
newcannabisventures.com/cannabis-company-revenue-ranking/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

daily reminder stocktwits is stormfront tier
AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Attached: screencap.jpg (642x652, 63K)

Clown of the day: people who bought WTW at 100

THREADLY REMINDER THAT DIVIDENDS ARE YOUR FREN

Attached: dividends-monopoly-man.jpg (423x245, 21K)

Billibilli more like bullybully

Attached: 1549331365464.jpg (217x233, 16K)

Thanks for the new thread OP

food stocks will make or break this market
trump will host a mac&cheese and ketchup feast at the white house and save the economy

How do I into dividends

G... PRO......

Attached: 12616040.jpg (1000x1167, 145K)

JNJ, PG, KO, ITW, JPM, SBUX, VZ, V, AAPL, CSCO, O, IBM, MSFT, PFE, DOC

bili earnings tomorrow

bili handing out $100 bills with ease

also might be bought out like twitch got bought out by amazon

baba took 10% stake it will eventually take the rest of the 90%

Rothchilds bow to the bogs anyway.

speaking of which I need to get groceries this afternoon. Will be buying Kraft peanut butter if it's on sale.

Attached: Bacon-Chicken-Sandwiches.jpg (1200x1200, 207K)

Thanks bb

the BGS nightmare

Attached: x792.png (450x450, 87K)

The only food stonks I'm interested in at this point is
KDP
PEP
MNST
NBEV
RMCF

look a CAGR (dividend growth rates) as they give you free raises without having to invest any new capital. they help show the health of a company

Read up on how ex-dividend date works while you're at it. This can be slightly confusing if you're previously unfamiliar.

investopedia.com/terms/e/ex-dividend.asp

Healthy CAGR plus DRIP is the easiest way to make it desu

buy some MLPA it's a nicer dividend payer that'll be like $17 in a few years, and it'll be giving you an easy 8% yield on top of that until it does.

and first for Boko exists only to suffer under Mihos authority

I am previously and postly and presently unfamiliar

Attached: bcd.jpg (680x680, 23K)

Is there a limit to activate dividends?
Like amount you have to hold or amount of time

You can also chose your favorites from
IHDG
REGL
VIG
or similar ETFs

you need to own the share by the ex div date. read the stuff people are linking you

....gpro...........

Attached: in_latexball_by_sanamieigetu9_dcd87ck-fullview.jpg (1024x654, 91K)

What’s GDP going to look like Thursday?

>Shares of Dean Foods Co. rallied as much as 14% in the extended session Tuesday after the maker of Organic Valley and Land O Lakes dairy products said it had started "to explore and evaluate" strategic alternatives that could include the sale of the company, a going-private deal, a joint venture, asset sales, and other moves.

ok.... bottom confirmed?

Attached: x15.png (163x151, 19K)

Why can't spy go above $280? Shit is rigged.

because that's the arbitrary number that is imporant right now. Nobody can tell me if it's a resistance or a support, so basically, we have to wait and see what it does after my options expire tomorrow

The lack of confidence in the market that existed back in October is still there. A lot of mixed and some notably crappy earnings this year have some helped.

Attached: GIRLS.und.PANZER.4.jpg (850x1189, 174K)

>Nobody can tell me if it's a resistance or a support

Wut? Is resistance. Resistance just means price point an index or individual stonk has difficulty surmounting for whatever reason. A resistance can sometimes become a support once the thing has broken above then retraced back to that approximate price. Support means price an index or stonk is more likely to hold above based on past chart patterns.

I sold the bottom again, wat do

Lads, I put 3000 in ATVI when it was at 41.00, do you think it's going to hit 38-39? I'm as positive as you can be that eventually ATVI will be up at 70 in late 2020, but this year is going to be rough, but I'm not sure how rough. Should I sell and wait?

kek super weak news for 15% pump
consumer stables are desperate

Attached: 52492589_p4.jpg (1024x768, 112K)

just wait for ww3 and buy the stick bundling company that's left over afterward.

theres HEAVY buying going on in all the big indicksees right now
we gonna MOON very hard shortly

someone or something buying the heckies out of SPY and doing very good job not moving market
one day SPY will all sudden just be 290 w/o retail having chance for buy in or close shorts

Attached: 73306448_p0.jpg (1273x1451, 633K)

just bought puts for NBEV lol
how rich am I gonna get?

>ATVI

Attached: 1395353093166.gif (419x276, 2.97M)

as a company what is wrong wtih atvi? fuck off with your /v/ memes

actually it's going to be quite the opposite. there's going to be a big leg down and the only ones who will be walking around with an erection will be the bears.

looking forward to the Konata Jelly sandwich as a SMG image soon

Attached: k2.png (506x634, 422K)

here trades for today @_@
just ez scalps

Attached: SPY-2-26-okay.png (1800x768, 134K)

Atvi is an unknown because we don't know what kind of games they are developing. But they have no major releases this year at all. They didn't even talk about wow classic in their conference call.

I sold out at a loss on atvi because they seem lost. I don't see 70 in a year or two. Could be higher than now but I could see it drop to low 30s too.

Attached: 1550695110208.png (300x300, 72K)

when i max my 2019 ira will it automatically convert to VTSAX from VTI because i will have over $10,000 worth

>KHC

Attached: 1535511356765.jpg (480x640, 113K)

No. If it was vtsmx it would auto convert. In vti it will stay in there because that is the etf version.

oh so i should buy vtsmx instead of vti then

>JNJ
good because dying boomers need medical devices

>PG
antiquated boomerstock, next KHC

>KO
see above

>ITW
good

>JPM
probably the only bank that will do well

>SBUX
OK I guess...

>VZ
good

>AAPL
no. just no.

>CSCO
will probably do good

>O
boomer shit

>IBM
boomer shit

>MSFT
good

>PFE
boomer shit

>DOC
boomer shit

When the great boomer extinction event happens what's the best way to profit off of them?

You could just stay in vti and you essentially have vtsax already. No need to change anything.

>plnt

Attached: 1545457388247.jpg (859x1024, 106K)

why do they exist separately?

I track my portfolio with a spreadsheet that is probably easier to have shares of something in rather than the weird way VTSAX does it where you just can invest can amount of dollars and you get fractional shares and such. I'll have some money left over at the end of each share of VTI i cant afford tho

Howd everybody do in Dude Weed today? Im up about 550$, not too shabby

Buy cheapies. They're going to start dumping their 401ks hard in the next 5 years depressing the market. The younger boomers have jelly hands and will fold in hopes of still being ablrle to go on a cruise every other year. Their probably equally worthless children will sell everything that's left after they die too. Gen Xers and millenials don't invest enough to sustain the market.

Attached: dav.jpg (930x752, 198K)

Vti is an etf. You can only buy whole shares and it's price changes during the market day so can time it easier potentially.

Vtsax is an index funds. You can buy partial shares so if you are regularly contributing per week or month it's a better choice. Contributions buy the end of day price so less timing.

Same expense and same market tracking.

But even vti will buy partial shares with dividend reinvestment.

LMT

based

I'll use the data to divide them into tiers and might add other FA

Well GE is on the rise and those glorious spinoff's have already rewarded me. Got my free W share today. (a $70 value). Up next; Healthcare, BHGE, and GE Digital.

Next month we will hopefully see the Dis - Fox deal finally closing. T has won the Time-Warner fight against the Gov; Warner is now part of T forever now. So hang on to your T stock and his nice fat divvy. Let him and Drip work for you. Reap the nice fat payout after 15 - 20 years. See; T has spunk, it beat the Govt. A lot of lesser foes just toss in the towel.

>options expiring wednesday
wut?

I entered a position on NFI Group today. Just a technical entry on inverse head n' shoulders pattern. Tight stop. They build buses, including hybrid-electric and full electric ones. EPS: 4, P/E: 9, mcap: $2 billy

My only dude weed at this time is Tetra Biopharma. It was flat. Just hovering around support right now.

Attached: NewFlyer_eBus.jpg (3000x1806, 1.17M)

SPY option are Monday, Wednesday, Friday

t. lost $2,100 this week so far on them

im planning to max the 5500 and 6000 in my 2018 and 19 IRAs next week at the same time, so ill be buying 11500 worth of stuff, i guess i should just go with VTSAX so i can get every dollar invested. Ill basically be able to figure out my average price based on VTI's price at that time anyways right?

Attached: 1218008055.canime_peanut_butter,_jelly_and_konata_sandwich_2SMG.jpg (861x632, 139K)

anyone here going into SLV for brexit at the end of march? I have calls on 15th and 29th, please support me.

why are "professionals" so stupid
Brexit might not even happen lol
Labor did a 360 and walked away and now supports a second referendum

Attached: lel.jpg (393x190, 17K)

Vtsax would be better to get every last dollar invested there, yes. Vtsax will still have it's own share price so your broker app or website should be able to tell you the cost basis for your purchases. VTI will have a separate share price that you won't need.

So all you need to know is how many shares of vtsax you own and at what price it was purchased and any subsequent dividends you will have to add into your spreadsheet. That pays out dividends once a quarter I believe.

god fucking dammit

Attached: 1461688708384.gif (200x202, 194K)

VTSAX are the exact same thing... just in different formats. There is no difference
I'm not saying for or against silver, just that the very idea of brexit is in question

I dont have any way to currently incorporate dividends into my spreadsheet unless i literally say i bought .005 shares of microsoft lol, ultimately i guess i could do so but its an insignificant amount of my gains right now so i dont worry about it,just consider it free returns

VTSAX then it is based user when i dump this $11k into Vanguard next week

they’ll delay it now that PMs approved it as an option
the purgatory will continue

Why not diversify with like 50% VTI, and a mix of emerging and devolved markets?

Attached: roth.png (1038x762, 46K)

Because developed markets other than America are fucking gay

imf.org/external/datamapper/NGDP_RPCH@WEO/OEMDC/ADVEC/WEOWORLD

I have quite a bit in vtsax too and am doing the same thing though I use Yahoo finance and you can link your broker there to track it or input purchases directly.
But since I plan on holding for decades it's fine to just check in every now and then for me. Flow with the market. Great fund to do it.

WHAT HAPPENED WITH MOS? I THOUGHT EARNINGS WAS SUPPOSED TO SEND IT TO THE MOON

exactly

US is the best corporate enviroment in the world, i trust that shit

and if the US markets ever actually collapse, so will the entire world, so im not really protecting myself from anything

Intl indexes are very very heavily correlated with the US.
They're the US at a slower pace

Just have a little bit of everything. Silver, gold, bitcoin, ethereum, qqq, spy, viix, and whatever. You'll be always be comfy and safe in any economical circumstances.

>he went with mos
>he DIDN'T go with PLNT calls
the absolute state.

Attached: 1547159023955.jpg (251x242, 8K)

Papa John’s Earnings: PZZA Stock Higher Despite Q4 Sales Falling 20%

Hey, by the by, I recommend keeping an eye on the this dude weed revenue tracker. Keep close watch on the US companies in particular. Bear in mind that, TA-wise, many are not in buy territory at this time. Acreage and CWEB are maybe in the best spots as far as chart technicals are concerned. TRUL, CURA, Cresco are all too hot and due for a correction.

newcannabisventures.com/cannabis-company-revenue-ranking/

Attached: 9a6565f2351147b.jpg (850x1186, 158K)

>now supports a second referendum

What the hell? Have referendum, call for do-over because you didn't get the result you wanted?

that is a NICE anime girl picture

the softness is key

just like the soft performance of my portfolio the last 5 days :(

>Papa John’s Earnings: PZZA Stock Higher Despite Q4 Sales Falling 20%

I had a look at the chart just now. It appears earnings miss was priced in back in December. The stock didn't follow the broader market on the rebound so not a whole lot of downside left unless the low support breaks (red line).

Attached: PZZA1.jpg (1820x938, 591K)

>looked into B&G Foods before market closed
>decided to buy in, thinking that the floor was reached
>market closes
>immediately drops ~7%
y-you too

nope
me 100% sure there gonna be massive pump
am gonna try buying calls
will spend the next few days researching calls gonna buy first calls every maybe for something like 285

>just like the soft performance of my portfolio the last 5 days :(

:(

Attached: 1516218272833.gif (336x304, 1.73M)

food stocks are being raped right now
it unbelievably

all me value investing books are rolling in they bookshelf right now
it seriously unthinkable that nearly every blue chip food stock am down nearly 15% past few days

like seriously are we all gonna starve to death when every staple food brand goes out of buisyness

Attached: f5e88c0d3bc3bd11e9acda4d2ba11b18rape.jpg (247x328, 38K)

soup death tommrow

HEBOT?

Attached: fg.jpg (843x601, 57K)

I don't know what HEBOT means / is.

yeah, they are. Also, if you don't mind me saying so, you and bagholder seem to be consistently wrong with the majority of things I've seen you post this past week or two. I'm not saying this to be rude, but have you considered thinking "what would be a good idea right now..." and then just doing the exact opposite of that?

I thought you liked being raped

The communists are coming there are will be no more food.

SPHD, F, MSFT, and a bunch of others.

>it seriously unthinkable that nearly every blue chip food stock am down nearly 15% past few days

True and it's weird. However, I am monitoring for some kind of bottom to form to go long on a few of them. Thought the bottom was in on KO last week but nooooooooo....

Attached: -___-36.jpg (534x566, 33K)

My portfolio consists of a mix of gold, silver, divvy stocks, bonds, stock market ETF's and dude weed.

w-what have me of said that majorly wrong @_@
have been bullish for months
have been holding SPXL for every now and GPRO doing okay X_X (but me thinking about shorting GPRO)

FDP up since said bought it...
kraft only thing am of bag holding ATM

Attached: sweatysnaek.gif (364x489, 526K)

VTSAX

Attached: 1550759402035.jpg (645x773, 87K)

The American way.

Attached: 1547579346912.jpg (720x720, 70K)

Didn’t you have to hold 10000 shares to get wabtech stock? Or was it 1000?