What do?

I have 20,000 cash. To afraid to put in stocks already have 300oz silver. I don't want to just sit on it. Help me biz

Attached: 1524277342845.png (343x606, 252K)

If you don't have an emergency fund use this as one.

You'll sleep better.

Bonds. Land.

Don't invest in crypto.

Just get a high interest savings account if you can't find land you want. Otherwise get some land and put a trailer on it to rent out storage. people like to store bikes and stuff so it will be monthly income.

At least buy government bonds so you don't get raped by inflation. If you're young then you should probably put some of it in stocks though. Yes, you might lose 10-30% in the short term if you're unlucky, but you're almost guaranteed to be up after 7 years+. On average you can expect to double your money in about 7 years with stocks. Buy index ETFs.

Oh, and silver is more risky/volatile than stocks. If you can stomach the swings in silver then you can proabably stomach the swings in stocks too. Just buy index ETFs so you're exposed to the market as a whole. Stock picking is a meme unless you're finance wiz (you're not).

I do not have an emergency fund. Is your emergency fund physical cash or do u just keep it in savings account?

This doesn't mean leave it in checking or your (((bank's))) 0.00001% interest savings account. Research high-yield savings accounts and put it in one that gives at least 2% interest.

Dont u think land is over vauled like housing right now??

I was told gold/silver is safe. And good against inflation...

T
RDS
BP
AAPL
CVX
RWLK
MSFT
TSLA
BA

One of these is shit, the rest will do you fine

Yeah land will not guarantee you shit unless you have a plan for it. And nobody is going to pay to park a bike. There are legit businesses for storage, not just random people with a chunk of woods. Tax will hit you just as hard or harder than inflation. (Which honestly isn't something to worry too much about unless you sit on cash for decades.)

It depends where you live obviously, but farmland can generate cashflow and has lower maintenance and property taxes than renting out a house.

Although, since OP doesn't have an emergency fund I would suggest just keeping the 20k in a savings account. A lot of people are going to lose their jobs in the next recession.

Well, that depends on what you mean by safe. Silver has a pretty high expected volatility, but is a decent hedge against the financial markets, i.e. if the stock market crashes silver will probably do somewhat well. By having some silver you're reducing the risk of your overall portfolio if you own stocks as well. If you're still somewhat young then having 25% in stocks and 75% bonds is VERY conservative. Most young people should be significantly more exposed to stocks than that. Fwiw I have a background in finance, but you probably shouldn't trust strangers online for something this important.

Do you have any friends/family members who work in finance? If so, ask them for advice.

Gfriends step dad is doomsday preper....says nothing but gold, so no lol

This I'm so nervous about recession, I don't know what to do

you need to wait for the next big crash then buy when you think its hit bottom. Easy as that

U think that's less than 5 years from now?

Timing the financial markets is a meme.. The most talented analysts in the world can't consistenly predict recession. Neither can you or your gfs step dad. In the long run stocks will outperform almost all other assets. If you're afraid of a recession just invest 20-50% in stocks. If the market crashes 35% and you have 20% in stocks you will only have lost 7% of your overall portfolio. And that's if you're really unlucky.. That's really not all that scary.

Look at the historic returns on the stock market. After 10 years the stock market is almost always making new highs.If you're investing for the long run then you should be in stocks..

Thanks for breaking that down, 7%, when u see it like that didn't seem too bad. Thanks user really do appreciate it

Attached: 1531085967639m.jpg (768x1024, 130K)

No problem mate! Perhaps consider dollar cost averaging (DCA) into the markets. Theoratically it doesn't make a huge difference whether you buy all at once or DCA, but DCA'ing can make it a little less scary.

$20k in bonds will get you a safe $60-80 a month

No, not cash. Easily accessible in a bank, listen to this guy I forgot to mention interest Cash is king until you get robbed or your house burns down or some shit.

I'm afraid to put it in the stock market that has done nothing but go up since 1979 and even if you only bought the peaks before crashes, you'd still retire a millionaire if you cost averaged... yet you bought silver. Holy shit - this is why some people make it, because so many of the rest of you don't (and won't).

Look up the dot com bubble and crash
Look up the 2008 crash.
Look back 2 months to the 30% crash.

>(((SAFE)))
>Never gonna make it

Then look where the market was a couple of years later..

You could have bought the top of ALL THREE of those crashes and you would STILL BE UP RIGHT NOW. Fucking moron. Do the math.

yes. i think its 8-12 months from now. Follow the macro trends and we are already overdue. I bought low and just sold. Going to wait for the dump and buy everything I can. They want to pull this shit before the next election.

Attached: S&p 90 years.png (888x726, 81K)

buy quality alts, they are at bottom levels, not even much luck required to make 10x or more, remember to sell when you are euphoric about gains.