$70K Gone into the wind, gg

$70K Gone into the wind, gg

reddit.com/r/CryptoCurrency/comments/av7gfi/warning_coinomi_wallet_critical_vulnerability/

Attached: coinomihacked.jpg (3024x4032, 944K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/a5a18z/it_has_been_a_pleasure_to_yolo_with_you_gentlemen/
twitter.com/lukechilds/status/1100613365850767360
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

as long as this isnt the samsung wallet i dont give a fuck. reddit cucks deserve to get rekt because they didn't even learn how crypto works before fomoing into it. fuck em

>using mobile wallets

oh no no no

reserved mine already, its just $1k

this is why you should just keep your shit in binnance

andropajeets BTFO

Attached: E30A7D3F-DD6E-47DF-A419-03913157A937.gif (500x500, 255K)

Attached: gone.png (865x487, 602K)

This is why crypto will never work. Bitcoins been out for 10 years and still no good wallets

reserved what, the s10? I'm looking into it as well. already got a ledger and an iphone/blackberry tho

there's good wallets, people just never bothered putting real effort into it, next year or so, i think will really see top notch solutions

>no good wallets
except the actually fucking blockchain wallet.. only retards lose crypto. 3rd party wallet users deserve to lose because they must LEARN.

>not keeping your coins where funds are safu

deserved it

s10 yeah, from my understanding, the enjin wallet which does fingerprint etc will interact with knox on top of all their other security features.

ever since enjin added that liquidity swap, it's my main wallet now, obviously, i wouldn't store 50k in my fucking mobile wallet, but a few thousands, i don't care, it won't get any safer for now

>To understand how catastrophic the security issue is, they simply take your crypto-currency wallet’s passphrases/seeds and spell check it by sending it remotely to Google servers in clear plain text!

kek

if you trust anything digital with your private key youre a damn fool

70 grand portfolio and can't afford a dedicated hardware wallet.

most expensive reddit post to date

liquidity swap is cool, but do you really want your fingerprint attached to your wallet? I also make a new wallet everytime I move funds, which is why I love ledger so much. (the 24 word keyphrase gives you hundreds of wallets)

Good point
What about hardware wallets?

This probably is

reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/a5a18z/it_has_been_a_pleasure_to_yolo_with_you_gentlemen/

Just have to balance the acceptable risk and what you're willing to risk.

If you can lift my fingerprint and my phone, then you already have a $1k phone for starters

the real red pill right here

twitter.com/lukechilds/status/1100613365850767360

> doesn't test the wallet out with a portion of stack
> doesn't keep coins between different exchanges and wallets for safekeeping
I don't feel bad at all

lol this pajeet thinks Chainalysis is only $500 per month AHAHAHAHAHAH

and he thinks he'd be able to use it LOL

my god

rekt plebs are hilarious

best purchase I've made in a long time.
I think the best part about hardware wallets is how well they integrate into dapps/decentralized exchanges.

Every action, whether its placing a buy order, withdrawing funds, is all confirmed using the hardware wallet. it literally says "IDEX is trying to pull your sell order, is this cool"

And as i mentioned above, hardware wallets can generate as many wallets as you want for you, if you want to be extra secure and use a new wallet each transaction.

Get one and never look back

Attached: sbox.jpg (1700x1067, 452K)

Bro, just a heads up: If you use the P word again, you're gonna be in for a world of trouble. This place doesn't take too kindly to racism. Just thought I'd clue you in, but I really shouldn't have to tell you this. Self explanatory

go back to plebbit kek

She's having a seizure! SOMEONE HELP HER!

>*locks your price*

Attached: 20180207_160413.jpg (3184x1992, 2.04M)

based and Ppilled

Literally this. The only way people can steal your funds is if they:
1) Steal your ledger and know your PIN
2) Steal your SEED
Key point here is, the assailant cannot simply hack your laptop, they MUST get in your house / home to actually transfer out your coins

Best advice in months. Do you really think that when btc hits 100k there won't be a hacker rush to steal from this shitty exchanges all they could? I'm sure there are a lot of groups investigating the security of the new exchanges so when the moment comes, you execute the plan and get rich. If you don't hold your private keys you aren't gonna make it

Rajesh wash the shit out of your hands before eating, our guests are uncomfortable with your nail sockets being full of poo

>inviting a pranjeet into your house in the first place

Reddit guy probably lost their keys another way and has no actual proof it was coinomi, actually very unlikely that Google was hacked.
Still a stupid thing for coinomi to do tho so i wouldn't trust them
But if you keep 70k on a phone you are retarded

sick gamblers

How become hacker

did you even read the article dude? it talks about a very serious vulnerability

Why would you not have a hardware wallet with over 1k crypto

people who don't use electrum or metamask don't deserve any gains

Attached: 1550263412919.jpg (509x371, 52K)

>To understand how catastrophic the security issue is, they simply take your crypto-currency wallet’s passphrases/seeds and spell check it by sending it remotely to Google servers in clear plain text!
Impressive, very nice
reading the reddit thread, this is probably the case. A google DBA (or a disgruntled googleapis maintainer/dev if that's even a thing) literally stole this pajeet's money.

This, also disable auto-updates(do update occasionally), which is what people never do, but in today's age it's more likely that someone uploads a bogus update than using old exploits. Hardware wallets are cool too but if you're a brainlet you'll lose your money, crypto isn't for boomers.

>the future of currency

Attached: 1514219233628.jpg (1111x597, 379K)

Hardware wallets are the fedora of crypto currency

What is the best way to safeguard your SEED from natural disaster like fire or flood.

Imagine storing $70k on a mobile wallet kek the absolute state.

This. Bunch of non trading cucks

You can use hardware wallets with Dexs you fucking brainlet. It also takes less than 5 minutes to send coins from them. I cant believe you spergs actually keep coins on sketchy chink exchanges, you deserve to lose everything. This has been common sense ever since mt gox.

Engraved stainless steel plates. Or just memorize the words. Other than that multiple copies stored safely in other locations.

Lol 5 minutes could be a 40% loss

Bitcoin core? Trezor hardware wallet?

Literally the only reason I dont have a hardware wallet yet. Don't want to use a bank safety deposit box to store a seed key. Don't want to rely on memorizing 24 words.

If you don't keep your shit on a hardware wallet you're a fucking retard

Look, I know some people do high frequency trading and people even use bots to automate it. That's fine, make your money. But if you are trading with your entire stack and keeping it all on exchanges then I have no sympathy if and when the chinks exit scam on you.

multisig hardware wallets are the only chad tier security method

thats less than $14k faggot

a measly couple months of work

kek.
>spend 2 weeks downloading 200+ gb of blockchain data
10 years later....and we still don't have good user friendly wallets.

>Mobile wallets
>Not keeping everything on chain with Metamask and your passphrase written down and kept in a safety deposit box.

NO FUCKING HARD WALLET SUPPORTS BSV. HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE.

>he doesn't want to spend $15-25 a year on a Safety Deposit Box
>he doesn't have a fire-proof safe in his home
If you have more than 20k in BTC this should be a no brainer.

>doesnt want to memorize 24 words for the safety of his funds

not going to make it

Bruh BSV is such a blatant scam. You definitely deserve to lose everything. Furthermore any exchange supporting BSV trading also deserves to be targeted for a double spend attack.

Yea, keep your funds on the 34rd securest exchange, sounds like a great idea!

>Engraved stainless steel plates
Are you me?

ABSOLUTELY SAFU

Attached: fake.gif (198x294, 2.26M)

The vast majority of phone wallets are shit. Not to mention cell phones are backdoored to all hell. I don't know what retard keeps ten grand on a phone.

Yeah anyway this is hilarious

Attached: 1431891720343.jpg (345x336, 214K)

Mr. I lost 70k didn't use a phone wallet tho, the pic is from a plebbitor who lost less

>tfw locked my price at 19.2k

Attached: 1509037149188.jpg (1663x791, 278K)

Apparently on the comments someone linked to a guy who lost $3 millions in a day

Using a CDP is unironically pricelocking, the only problem is that you can only lock in 2/3 of current prices

I'd unironically consider suicide.

Cause it's a pure shitcoin forked out of another shitcoin

I keep everything in my Atomic desktop wallet

this is frightening, as soon as I sell my current coins I'm buying a trezor

pic related

Attached: tenor.png (640x604, 237K)

I locked my Bitcoin at 14k. Feels pretty good tbqhwyf.

I found a bug on Ethereum, there is more than 10k empty wallets associated with my seed frase, and I cant choose the wallet with funds.

I have sent email to MEW, metamask and every other support and they cant make nothing from what I have seen.

Take care with ethereum!

Just talking, its a brazilian ATM terminal where they mirrored the screen

Metamask is bugged and I'm not kidding, they cant even solve my problem and I'll make it public in some days.

I keep mine in my parents’ safe deposit box. It’s the ultimate solution, literally nuclear war proof.

Go to doctor man

bullshit

the metamask dev team is unironically retarded in their design choices, but this is not a bug. it's working as intended (that's the retarded part). instead of having one seed per account, they associate every account you make with your seed active with that seed. which makes you utterly fucked if you put money in an alt account then restore on another computer
bottomline:
- never trust san francisco faggots with your money
- export the private key from a metamask account as soon as you make it
- if possible, create accounts through mew/mycrypto rather than metamask, and use the import feature to use metamask

I am fucked because a user put the ETH in a specific wallet and gave me passphrase and seed frase, but when I log it ask me to choose a adress, I have searched and there is more than 10.000 adresses and they cant do anything to help me to acess the specific one (that I know what is).

Literally fucked!

Honestly, every seed has thousands of adresses to it. It's no bug. It's the same with bitcoin.

It depends on which path you chose. m/0'/0' is standard and has thousands of adresses to one seed. Use a different path and you get a new xpub key.

this is honestly true. Most people are too lazy/too stupid to properly secure their coins. With a strong password and 2fa with auth, binance realistically is likely a lot safer than the way most people store their crypto

I send you a message on telegram, come online.

I dont received any message fren, my telegrama is brazilianon
@brazilianon
I changed from favelanon to that

Listen here dumbass
there's almost and infinite amount of empty addresses associated with your phrase

I was hoping to do all my stock trading from my phone when I finally get a decent amount of cash from work, am I to understand that it's completely impractical to do so? What do I do then?

FDP!!!!
making up for disgrace of Kraft

Attached: greenbeandelete.png (717x772, 200K)

So why cant acess the one with funds?

Mycelium seems like a decent mobile wallet, I have been using it for a while. But who knows they could be sending out plain text too.

Ok Patel