Did I fuck up?

All the shills on this site finally got to me and I bought 5k worth of SKY. Did I do good Jow Forums? I'm about to find out how to download the wallet and going to start collecting the coin hours tonight.

Attached: Skycoin-SKY-icon.png (256x256, 12K)

U goofed goofer

Welcome to the skyfleet
YEET YEET

Attached: 61C3501D-88A0-4D64-831A-5A9C866C2D9E.jpg (1280x1280, 210K)

Attached: frustrated wojak.png (259x194, 7K)

Don’t listen to him, user. Mainnet is happening this week. You’ve just secured a down payment on your next rental property

Attached: happy wojak.jpg (196x250, 8K)

It's one of the few scam coins that hasn't folded during crypto winter.
It just might not be a scam.

It’s been around for 8 years? Almost definitely not a scam. This might sound stupid, but I think it can only go up from here. SKY may actually be a very solid investment at this point

What are the coin hours used for? Is it like GAS?

Coin hours are the inflationary currency. Everyone receives coinhours simply for holding skycoin.

I only have 1k sky but im working my way up. Most of my invested capital is in link and I fon't really want to sell that.

How much SKY is needed to make it?

welcome brother, you will be one of the few who make it

Attached: CD5C8D71-072A-4F65-8D57-E65DFDDE379A.jpg (1037x1280, 173K)

Will 2k SKY and 15 million coin hours be enough to make it?

Yes they are kinda like GAS. Coin hours will be used to purchase bandwidth on Skywire as well as other services like storage/computer power etc. So holding 1 Skycoin = 1 Coin hour (per hour) which you'll be able to use yourself or sell to other people that aren't holding skycoin.

Can anyone clarify the rough consensus plan for me?

You hold skycoins to validate your inherent value in keeping the network secure, proof of stake style. There's a limited amount of these coins and should gain value over time.
Meanwhile people will need coinhours to send send requests through the network. They will either buy skycoins and hold them to generate coinhours, operate a miner (also holding skycoins) to earn coinhours from tasks, or simply buy coinhours as a market rate.
Miners earning coinhours will then have more coinhours to convert to skycoins on the market, spending on completing their own tasks, or tell sell on the market for fiat.

Basically, the value of skycoins is derived from a proof of stake basis, and skyhours derive value on a proof of work.

Skyfleet reporting in

It's a scam but you bought low. Next round of psycho troll marketing is just around the corner. Make sure to take profit when it takes off.

No, coin hours have nothing to do with consensus.

Consensus is a web of trust, you subscribe to nodes which holds a ledger and/or other data, the more subscribers a node has the more trustworthy it is, you can unsubscribe to a node if you think its shady. Think of it as a WiFi network where you can change to open and secure wifi networks that tunnel your data and stores information.

The coin hours are simply a inflationary currency which means that its better to spend it since storing it means that it will be less valuable in the future. Skycoin on the other hand is a deflationary currency which will be worth more since its "printing money", so you dont want to sell it. This is the problem with bitcoin where people dont want to sell their bitcoin, no matter the price because it can always go higher.

>consensus detached from currency
THRASH
as expected

The only fuckup is not buying more at these prices, but 5k is an okay enough stack to make it.

Because consensus attached to the currency is retarded. Each currency on Fiber (Skycoin platform) will be attached to the corresponding app, so each currency can have a different consensus algorithm and dapps that don't need a currency can also be built on it, something that isn't possible right now with the likes of ethereum because every fucking app on that shit needs to be paid for which is fucking retarded. But you can go ahead and start making payments for every app that you use, I dont think all the normies want to pay 0.0002 per swipe on stuff like tinder even if its a low fee.

>Because consensus attached to the currency is retarded
bitcoin, eth and all BTFO

To expand upon this and use the tinder application as I mentioned above.
In Skycoin tinder would get coin hours in payment so yes you are paying, but you're paying for the bandwidth and not the service, you will pay for the internet you use and if you use their service they will get part of the internet tokens since they are the endpoint. Therefore they still get paid but you dont actually "pay" for the app you pay for your bandwidth just like you do today when you use a ISP

Skyfleet YEET YEET

Attached: 47F147D2-CFA3-43C1-ACC7-CA2D8C8E8900.jpg (510x680, 37K)

Oops

Thanks, I didn't mean coinhours had anything to do with consensus, but you explained it better than I could.

In your understanding, will holding more skycoins also mean your value as an actor is more credible? Either as a service provider, you're less likely to corrupt the results, or as a customer, you're more likely to provide full payment for the task once it's completed. Or at least not cancel the task midprocess.

Consensus doesn’t exist and is coded by one dev on a private github called watercompany who has zero contact with synth

Synth isn’t the creator of obelisk and they have no implementation

This thread is not organic for any lurkers. OP did not just buy Skycoin. The whole thread is a handful of paid shills changing IPs.

>implying it's more than two of us mimicking a discourse
>implying you're not one of those two

sub shill detected

No, you dont even need to hold skycoin to be a Node. As a customer you pay before your data is forwarded so you there is no risk. Think of it as swapping coin hours for data where I as a user give coin hours to get data.

You're going to be a very happy man in a few years time. You bought low and way ahead of the curve. Grats. When alternative meshnetworks go big in the wake of internet censorship, you're gonna bank some serious cash.

>tfw considering investing more

you aren't lying to me, are you?

Why doesn't Synth allocate more people to at least try to come with something?
And why does he keep the project alive after exit scam? Boredom? Autism? Both?

SKYFLEET YEET YEET