Why do people insist that password managers are a safe option...

Why do people insist that password managers are a safe option? It's essentially centralizing all your passwords so you now have a single point of failure, the password to the password manager. Is there something I'm missing?

Attached: facebook banner pic after receiving these in the mail.jpg (960x720, 49K)

That's what I thought

Nope you're 100% right, never got it either.

apply 2fa to your pwm

the idea is that it's better to have randomly generated passwords locked behind one complicated password than have all your passwords be more or less identical with a slight variation like a different special character or capitalization

You could just store all your passwords in a file called PokemonFanFic2017(Revision 203).txt and copy and paste stuff from it. No one's going to know.

OP set your passwords up with a complex algorithm that is derived from the URL of the website so all you have to memorize is the algorithm and never share it with anyone.

Because the alternatives are:
- Being an autist and genuinely remembering a unique password for each site
- Using a system for deriving semi-unique passwords (easily reverse engineered from a leak)
- Writing passwords on paper and losing or not having said paper when needed

Centralised password managers are genuinely retarded though, who would trust their passwords to a third party? Keepass and Syncthing are the way to go

*tips fedora

>than have all your passwords be more or less identical with a slight variation like a different special character or capitalization
Yeah but smart people don't do that
I basically have a different password for each account that matters, using high security combinations of letters numbers and symbols, are people just lazy?

Honestly this. I also appreciate the convenience.

Attached: 1546034394735.jpg (373x466, 21K)

>tfw no gf

Never copy and paste a password user. NEVER

Did you send it to someone on accident?

Chrome encrypts all your saved passwords with your computer password so you're effectively using the same password on every site

> (((chrome)))

>It's essentially centralizing all your passwords so you now have a single point of failure, the password to the password manager. Is there something I'm missing?

Assuming you use it correctly, it's actually a reduction in your attack surface. If you're using cryptographically randomized passwords, your odds of being caught in the most common kinds of credential-stuffing attacks are nil. You can protect all your passwords with 2FA via your password manager. Those two are the biggest reasons, elimination of password reuse/patterns, and 2FA on the master password.

QUARTERLY REMINDER TO CLEAR YOUR ANDROID CLIPBOARDS

what's with the scar/line in middle of body

no youare just a larp

Not a scar, has to do with being pregnant, some chicks get it. Usually manifests as a brown line.

then you just have a slightly more secure single point of failure

Attached: 1512756363390.png (645x729, 145K)

yeah but that password is ran with a few million rounds aes making it your safest password and you can backup the safe easily and securely. just dont use a password you use elsewhere!

you cant use 2fa for a password safe in your control as it could be trivially sidestepped and if its not you already cucked yourself.

Your mother's a larp
Fucking elf WHORE

>complicated password
exploit will take care of that every single time, try again.

>people used to memorize greek epics line by line
>now they can't retain 20 letters passwords without a password manager
there's literally no reason any of you couldn't do this
applying some discipline to your life is the second best Jow Forums investment you can make (right after asian gfs)

Be nice. No need for mom insults bud.