Chainlink's Competitors and Threats

A friend of mine told me about Chainlink about 3 weeks ago. I'm still wrapping my mind around it, but this morning I did a SWOT Analysis and I see there are a number of ccompetitors within the space such as Oracalize that have a number of current Ethereum decentralized applications running smoothly it seems.

Then there are others that have solid teams and a good vision like Witnet (they raised a $1million in funding).

What's stopping the existing oracle provider from extending its market share? I understand the distinction between decentralized and centralized. I see on Oracalize website that their solution is tamperproof as well and has been out for a number of years.

Why is Chainlink even important compared to the other competitors? Haven't they solved the oracle problem?

Attached: chainlink.jpg (400x400, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rY_jcyqjubs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's been clearly established this is being pumped up by bagholders who bought during ICO and are trying desperately to inflate the coin's value with false praise of it's future potential. Suffice to say: It's garbage, focus on accumulating bitcoin

Oracilize has downtime, single points of failure.
Enigma is an academic project with no real world application.
Other oracle projects whose names I can't remember right now seem to have skipped straight to aggregation, so no actual utility.
Mobius, pajeets.
Only Sergey and the crew seem to maybe be able to pull off a truly decentralized and trustless oracle solution.

youtu.be/rY_jcyqjubs

Here is oracle panel discussion from ETH denver.

>but this morning I did a SWOT Analysis

Attached: 1530039754154.jpg (633x640, 87K)

XDDDDDDD

Also this. OP, take your bullshit you learned from Silicon Valley and fuck off. I bet you even impersonate the actor's personalities like I've seen so many others do, too. It won't help you get laid.

I put a lot of time into the research. I need to REALLY get why this is such a big project. my friend works in University research, but he's kind of a nerd and advises corps and the military occationally on stuff. I need to understand why he's so gung ho on Chainlink. I don't see why there's a big difference between Chainlink which isn't out yet compared to Oracalize that's been out for years.

>chainlink
>decentralized
Pick one.
When will these 2-5 stinkies leave the board and stoo shilling the literal worst coin?

Refer to my posts here
And here
And leave Jow Forums before your brain rots out and you start feeling like an old man.

Watching the video now. Thanks for the vid

Ah, so you know something real interesting is going on with this project. You can tell your friends excitement and can feel the buzz about around this board and you know its not your average crypto investment.

If under Threats you labeled oraclize and enigma as stealing market share, my only suggesting to you is to really learn about Smart Contracts. Really understand their decentralized nature and what advantages a decentralized system has.

Just out of curiosity, what did you label under strength?

This thread stinks of reddit

He's right abut oraclize. Single point of failure and down time.

Enigma is trying to do smart contracts and oracles inside of tees. Largely academic and I'm not sure consensus and oracles are one function is good. Separation of tasks usually works better just like the internet is a separation of protocols.

Witnet is prone to DDOS because it has mining. It also doesn't use TEEs and SGX so not as secure or private.

ZAP is a centralized oracle market largely for betting. It won't amount to anything.

Mobius, I'm not even sure if it is an oracle project anymore. It's a nobody.

Rhombus, is kind of the exact same as Oraclize.

Basically we are leaps and bounds ahead as long as development hits its goals.

For strengths, I mainly covered the areas of
1. programmable automation
2. Automated Contract Swaps
3. Programmable Legal Contracts and Will Execution
4. Automation Disaster Relief Insurance Disbursements

Collectively, the global market opportunity stands around $4.6 trillion. Still working on the document as we speak.

it sounds like you did a SWOT analysis on smart contracts. Very specific examples as well. Think more broadly.
Understand what sets Chainlink as an oracle provider apart from others. None of the strengths you listed would I adequately describe under Chainlink.

Thank you.

>Largely academic and I'm not sure consensus and oracles are one function is good.
A group has to consents about external input. Makes a lot of sense to be frank. Glad that Chainlink will make it happen, don't like Enigma guys.

Sorry what I mean was smart contract execution and oracle functions. Whereas LINK and the smart contract platform it functions with are separated. Enigma is trying to do both in one platform from my understanding.

You could also consider Quant a competitor is some regard but again they offer nothing more than an Oraclize approach being done through proprietary software so prone to the same problems.

If Quant used link, it would be a genuine contender.

Yeah I think some big companies would use it or they would go with the polkadot + link combo. They could go the eth + link combo too but I question whether eth will beat out polkadot over the long term. Polkadot is more appealing to me than Quant but I could see people still using it potentially.

> SWOT analysis
High school starts early

WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER!

DO NOT UNDER ESTIMATE THE POWER OF POSITIVE THOUGHT! ESPECIALLY COLLECTIVE POSITIVE THOUGHT!!

THIS SHIT IS GOING TO REACH $1,000 EASILY! HOLD THAT THOUGHT AND VISUALIZE IT IN YOUR MIND EVERYDAY AS OFTEN AS POSSIBLE STARTING NOW AND IT WILL MANIFEST INTO REALITY. DO IT! I'M NOT JOKING!

VISUALIZE AS OFTEN AND AS DETAILED AS POSSIBLE!

I don’t think you understand what CL is

Good effort though

These are legitimate use cases for smart contracts and an oracle solution serving as a background complement.